Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osbourne, Aerosmith, Motorhead, Soundgarden, The Cult, Megadeth, Anthrax, Blind Guardian, Tom Keifer, Phil Anselmo,

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2013
      Ozzy Osbourne has posted a new photo from a a Los Angeles studio where he is currently laying down vocals on the new BLACK SABBATH album. Check it out below.

      As previously reported, BLACK SABBATH took part in a photo shoot on November 30 with famed British photographer/artist Sam Taylor-Wood.

      BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi clarified the status of the band's new CD in an October interview with "The Blairing Out With Eric Blair Show". Although it has been reported that the band has recorded 15 songs, Iommi explained, "That's wrong . . . We've written 15 songs and we've played them all. But now, at the moment, we're recording them. We recorded them at my house first, in England, just as demos, but now we're doing them for real. So we're about six tracks in now, at the moment."

      Iommi, Osbourne and bassist Geezer Butler are recording their first album together under the SABBATH name since 1978's "Never Say Die".

      The drums on the disc are being handled by Tommy Clufetos, who has replaced founding drummer Bill Ward due to a contractual dispute between Ward and the rest of the group.

      Asked if there is any chance of Ward rejoining the band, Iommi said, "We'll always have a heart for Bill, but I think it's gone past that now, because it's gone on so long that I don't see that happening at the moment. Maybe at some point we might [play together again]."

      Meanwhile, SABBATH has announced an Australian tour for April and has also revealed that it will headline the first-ever Japanese version of Ozzfest on May 11-12, with SLIPKNOT also on the bill.

      Photo below courtesy of Ozzy Osbourne's Facebook page

      http://www.blabbermouth.net/soulflypremiere/ozzystudiojan2013.jpg

      What started as a legal war between Steven Tyler's former management company and his lawyer has grown into a bigger turf war that has other musicians taking sides.
      our editor recommends

      In October, Kovac Media Group alleged in a lawsuit that attorney Dina LaPolt had cost Tyler a $6 million-$8 million deal after she supposedly poisoned the negotiations for Tyler to return as judge on Fox's American Idol. The lawsuit claimed that LaPolt was so disastrous in deal negotiations that Tyler was offered no raise, which prompted him to exit the program.
      After filing the lawsuit, Kovac Media Group, run by Allen Kovac, added new claims, asserting that in retaliation for the lawsuit, LaPolt has been “conspiring” to “set up a competing management company” to steal away a “world-famous rock band” that Kovac has repped for 15 years.
      That band is Motley Crue, and on Monday, its members made its objections to Kovac's claims very loud and clear. Declarations by Crue guitarist Mick Mars and drummer Tommy Lee were filed along with new court papers by LaPolt that urge a Los Angeles Superior Court judge to reject the lawsuit in accordance with California's anti-SLAPP statute.
      It's not uncommon for attorneys and managers to share many big-name clients. After all, reps in the industry often pick up their clients through referral. As this lawsuit illustrates, there are ways this can become a major source of conflict should controversy arise.
      So it goes for Tyler, who has chosen to stick by his lawyer's side.
      In a declaration in December, Tyler said about his former manager: “It is an understatement to say that I was very unhappy with the services and conduct of Allen Kovac. Among other things, he was disrespectful and rude to my business associates, insulted and verbally abused my fiancee, my lawyer, my family, my assistants and my accountants.”
      On Monday, Mars and Lee followed Tyler in voicing displeasure with Kovac and others who have been taking the manager's side.
      According to Mars' declaration, he first learned of what had happened on Oct. 15, when he got an e-mail from LaPolt describing the dispute and stating that he should get an independent attorney if he was concerned. Mars says he was "completely shocked and mad that Motley Crue's manager had sued our lawyer. I trust Dina implicitly, to the point that she is my trustee if I die or become disabled."
      A few hours after getting the e-mail, he says he was informed that Pam Malek, the band's business manager, had told one of Kovac's attorneys to draw up documents giving Kovac $200,000 of Motley Crue money. According to Mars, the money was supposed to repay a personal loan that Kovac had given to the band's singer Vince Neil (no longer a shareholder in the band), but Mars said that he never voted for that to happen.
      "Once I saw Pam Malek's e-mail, I got very concerned about her ability to be unbiased and act in my best interests," says Mars. "Because Pam is also the business manager for 11-7 Recording Corp. (one of Allen Kovac's companies) and represents many of Allen Kovac's clients, I felt she was controlled by him and would do whatever he demanded, whether or not it was in my best interests."
      Eventually, Malek was terminated, and Mars hired new representatives. Mars calls Kovac's assertion that LaPolt was interfering and guiding him to retain new business reps to be "false and ridiculous" and that "any strain between Motley Crue and Allen Kovac is caused by Allen Kovac's actions."
      Lee echoes that same sentiment, saying that he is also upset that Kovac has added claims against the band's lawyer, LaPolt. Lee is angry that he now has to give a deposition and feels like he was entitled to a better heads up about this. "Obviously, I would have the right to know that they were having problems performing under our management agreement," he says.
      Meanwhile, LaPolt's attempts to kill the lawsuit continue in other ways. In particular, the defendant is relying upon California's anti-SLAPP statute, which protects against litigation that arises from First Amendment activity -- in this case, what LaPolt alleges to be her statements on the eve of litigation about Tyler's American Idol negotiations and LaPolt's conduct as an attorney both before and after the filing of the lawsuit.
      To counter this, Kovac and his attorney Skip Miller have asserted that that they have a right to bring claims because of the relationship that existed between the parties. Namely, that in some capacity, LaPolt previously was acting as the plaintiffs' lawyer.
      LaPolt's attorneys, Christine Lepera and Bradley Mullins at Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp, dispute there was any such evidence that would suggest such a relationship.
      "There is admittedly no retainer agreement, no e-mails discussing any attorney-client relationship and not a single document listing LaPolt as counsel for the sophisticated (Kovac) companies, TSE and 11-7."
      LaPolt's lawyers tell The Hollywood Reporter that the new filings "show that there is no basis for any of Allen Kovac’s companies’ claims against [LaPolt] and her firm. As Ms. LaPolt’s motion papers demonstrate, this is not a case about an attorney’s ethical duties, as LaPolt was not a lawyer for Allen Kovac’s companies, and Plaintiffs are unable to demonstrate otherwise."
      Contacted for comment, Miller referred to his legal papers that his own side had submitted at the end of last month in opposition to the defendants' attempts to strike the complaint.
      Those papers lay out how LaPolt allegedly "committed one of the most egregious acts that a lawyer can commit: she disclosed attorney-client information and violated her duty of loyalty..." The papers also say that LaPolt was representing Tenth Street Entertainment and after hearing confidential information, that the attorney used it to "curry favor with American Idol producers so that they would refer the legal representation of other artists to LaPolt."

      MOTÖRHEAD frontman Lemmy Kilmister will be the special guest at the post-CES (Consumer Electronics Show) launch party for Motörheadphönes at MÖTLEY CRÜE vocalist Vince Neil's Girls Girls Girls strip club in Las Vegas, Nevada tomorrow (Tuesday, January 8).

      Lemmy will host an exclusive press conference earlier in the day to unveil the new product and then bring the party to Vince's club later that night.

      Vince Neil's Girls Girls Girls features "some of the most beautiful women on the planet and truly epitomizes sex and roll 'n' roll," according to a press release.

      The new brand, Motörheadphönes has had unprecedented success throughout Europe prior to making their debut in the United States at the CES show. Motörheadphönes were developed by the hard-rocking, mega-successful metal band MOTÖRHEAD, who harnessed the energy of their own music and created a life-style brand of headphones that are unprecedented in sound, capability and performance. All about attitude, Motörheadphönes are targeted to the rock audience, one of the largest audiences of music listeners.

      The new product features professional audio quality, tooled to reproduce rock music or any played music. Motörheadphönes give smooth warm bass, bombastic drums and clear mid-range plus distinct high-end because of the 40mm neodymium high power speakers that takes 6-10 times more power than a standard headphone.

      For more information, visit www.motorheadphones.com.

      On November 14, reunited grunge legends SOUNDGARDEN performed at the legendary Electric Lady Studios in New York City as part of SiriusXM's Town Hall series which also featured an intimate question-and-answer session moderated by FOO FIGHTERS drummer Taylor Hawkins.

      Video footage of SOUNDGARDEN performing its single "Been Away Too Long" and the classic "Rusty Cage" can be seen below. Also available is a question-and-answer portion with Hawkins where they talk about being covered by the late Johnny Cash.

      SOUNDGARDEN tapped FOO FIGHTERS frontman and documentary director Dave Grohl to get behind the camera on December 18 and shoot the band's new video for its song "By Crooked Steps". The track is taken from SOUNDGARDEN's first album in 16 years, "King Animal", which came out in November and sold 83,000 copies in its first week of release to debut at No. 5 on the Billboard album chart.

      "By Crooked Steps" will likely follow "Been Away Too Long" as the second single from "King Animal". Singer Chris Cornell told The Pulse Of Radio a little about the tune: "It's one of the earlier songs that we started working on, but I also felt like it, to me, is like definitely sort of a new chapter for us. If you wanted to take one example of SOUNDGARDEN progressing, that's a good one for me."

      SOUNDGARDEN reunited in 2010 after a 13-year break, releasing a retrospective collection called "Telephantasm" and a concert album titled "Live On I-5".

      The band kicks off a winter North American tour on January 18 in Washington D.C.

      http://youtu.be/POi_Vd3FMsk
      http://youtu.be/y8dbQvG_Bvs

      Gretsch has released the G7593T Billy Duffy White Falcon guitar, which has immediately become one of the most unique and bewitching White Falcon guitars ever made. Featuring much of what Falcon fans hold dear, THE CULT guitarist's inimitable instrument has several unique aesthetic differences that separate it from the rest of the "Falcon" flock, namely its period-correct '70s Baldwin-era styling, pure White gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish, V-shaped Falcon headstock, Silver Sparkle binding, custom wound hot "Black Top" Filter'Tron pickups with three-point adjustable '70s-style metal bezels and Duffy's preferred Bigsby tailpiece.

      In addition, Duffy's signature bird of prey features a 17" wide, 2 ¾" deep single cut-away three-ply maple body with a three-ply maple arched top and back and two spruce parallel tone bars and sound post, a three-piece maple neck with ebony fingerboard, a chrome-plated truss rod cover with Duffy's signature emblazoned on it, a chrome-plated output jack plate, pearloid wide-block fretboard inlays, '70s-style aluminum "G" arrow knobs and a premium gray speckled "Billy Duffy" case.

      "This guitar is very personal to me," said Duffy. "It's hard to separate the guitar from the evolution of (THE CULT's) sound. In essence, the big white Gretsch became synonymous with the band very quickly. I'm not really that much of a sentimental person, but in a house fire it would be the first non-living thing that I'd be going for.

      "It's not for the faint-hearted," he added. "It's massive. You've got to have big hands and you've got to really command the instrument when you play it. You can't really play it with any degree of fear."

      Duffy burst out of London's early '80s post-punk scene in THEATRE OF HATE before meeting Ian Astbury and forming one of rock ‘n' roll's most powerful, unique and long-lasting duos as what would become THE CULT. Duffy's combination of thick power chords steeped in rich chorused delay, melodic Morricone-inspired lead phrases and filthy feedback-laden solos created an unparalleled sound larger than most venues could contain.

      THE CULT's first two albums, "Dreamtime" and "Love", solidified their place among the pre-"alternative" elite, with the latter album featuring what would become their most popular single, "She Sells Sanctuary", which remains a global staple on rock radio twenty years on and was even featured on a 2012 Super Bowl advertisement in the States. Every track on those iconic albums featured his Gretsch White Falcon exclusively, and Duffy has made a point to include it on every subsequent album, most notably the chart-topping "Electric" and "Sonic Temple", and their most recent critically acclaimed release "Choice Of Weapon".

      For more information, go to www.gretschguitars.com.

      http://youtu.be/DJGFxi2HzG4

      http://www.blabbermouth.net/soulflypremiere/duffyguitar.jpg

      Video footage of MEGADETH's Dave Mustaine and Chris Broderick recording tracks for the band's forthcoming fourteenth studio album at Vic's Garage studio in San Marcos, California during late December 2012 can be seen below.

      MEGADETH's new CD is being produced by Johnny K (full name: John Karkazis), who has previously worked with DISTURBED, SEVENDUST, MACHINE HEAD and STAIND. The effort will surface later this year via an as-yet-undisclosed label following the band's recent split with Roadrunner Records.

      Mustaine previously told NME about the direction of MEGADETH's new material, "Some of it's a little darker, some of it's a little faster. Being in this position right now, not knowing where we're gonna go or what we're gonna do, it's kind of like the world's ours to do what we want. Are we gonna go back to the speed and thrash metal roots that made us who we are? Are we gonna experiment and rely on the melody that we've discovered in MEGADETH songs?"

      Mustaine also spoke about how he likes to keep MEGADETH's music more melodic than that of most thrash bands. "We've tried to do that in MEGADETH, have a little melody so that it's not just the same old grinding music like everybody else has," he said. "We're just happy to get going and get to the studio."

      Johnny K produced MEGADETH's last album, 2011's "TH1RT3EN", which was also recorded at Vic's Garage.

      "TH1RT3EN" sold 42,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 11 on The Billboard 200 chart. The CD marked the recorded return of bassist David Ellefson who was part of the band's classic lineup from 1983 to 2002. In a move that delighted the band's legion of diehards, Ellefson returned to performing live with MEGADETH in early 2010 and has remained a fixture on the stage ever since. This was the first time Ellefson has played on a MEGADETH record since 2002's "Rude Awakening".
      http://youtu.be/W2SRcTsNUBI
      Dave Mustaine has blasted CNN for not getting its "facts right" by claiming the MEGADETH mainman "still holds a grudge against" METALLICA 30 years after being kicked out of the group.

      CNN posted an article on January 4 about Mustaine's online rant against Men's Wearhouse, with the writer ending his piece by stating: "Despite his own superstar status, Mustaine still holds a grudge against the more successful METALLICA."

      In a tweet earlier today, Mustaine reacted to the CNN story by writing: "Get yer facts right @CNN! I don't still have a grudge w/Metallica, but I do w/you now. Guess ya missed the Big 4 tour?"

      Mustaine joined his former METALLICA bandmates on stage on December 10, 2011 for the fourth and final intimate show at the Fillmore in San Francisco as part of the group's week-long celebration of its 30th anniversary as a band for fan club members only.

      Mustaine, who was one of the original members of METALLICA, was fired from the band by drummer Lars Ulrich in 1983. He was replaced by Kirk Hammett and went on to form MEGADETH and achieve worldwide success on his own.

      RockInk TV conducted an interview with ANTHRAX guitarist Scott Ian during the band's recent European tour with MOTÖRHEAD. You can now watch the chat in two parts below.

      Guitarist Rob Caggiano announced his departure from ANTHRAX on Friday (January 4) to focus on his other passion: producing records. A replacement axeman has not yet been announced. The remaining members of ANTHRAX said in a statement: "Rob has been an integral part of ANTHRAX for so many years, as our lead guitarist, in a production capacity, but most of all, as our close friend. His contributions to the band have been enormous. While we are sad that he is leaving, we wish him nothing but great success going forward, and hope to share the stage with him again sometime down the road."

      Last September, Ian said that he was confident that ANTHRAX's most recent formation would carry them into retirement.

      "I've gone on record saying this will be the only version of ANTHRAX until there is no ANTHRAX," Ian told the Georgia Straight. "That's how I feel, absolutely, in my heart. I don't see why we would do anything different. This band sounds so great; we made a great record. And I'm super-excited about the future of this band creatively."

      ANTHRAX recently spent time in the studio recording several cover versions of some of their favorite rock classics, to be included with the upcoming re-release of 2011's "Worship Music", the group's first new album in eight years and first with singer Joey Belladonna since 1990.

      In addition to RUSH ("Anthem") and BOSTON ("Smokin'") covers, ANTHRAX also recorded its versions of AC/DC's "T.N.T.", JOURNEY's "Keep On Runnin'", THIN LIZZY's "Jailbreak" and CHEAP TRICK's "Big Eyes", which Ian told Billboard.com may also possibly surface as digital downloads for those who already own the "Worship Music" album.

      "It was a lot of fun, especially because a lot of those [songs] aren't, I guess, normal for us or like so much of our repertoire — although they are because they're songs we all knew," Ian explained. "Maybe on paper the idea of us doing something like that seems weird, until you hear them and then it makes sense. And Joey's performance on the JOURNEY song, specifically, really blows my mind. Someone mentioned that [JOURNEY guitarist] Neal Schon better not hear this or we might lose our singer." ANTHRAX also also laid down a cover version of BLACK SABBATH's "Neon Knights" for the upcoming Ronnie James Dio tribute album which is being assembled by the singer's widow and longtime manager Wendy Dio.

      http://youtu.be/jYV0asUWuwo
      http://youtu.be/2S5pSv6nVI0

      "A Traveler's Guide To Space And Time", a strictly limited-edition BLIND GUARDIAN box set with 15 CDs in 13 high-quality digipacks and only 8000 copies worldwide, will be released in Germany, Austria and Switzerland on February 1 and the rest of the world on February 4.

      Looking back over BLIND GUARDIAN's career from the here and now in 2013, you see a success story gone global, the likes of which very few other German metal bands have ever experienced. This band from Krefeld has been just about everywhere, conquering the North American market in the same way as they stormed the charts in Asia or packed concert venues in South America and even South Africa. From their (at that point purely) German beginnings with debut album, "Battalions Of Fear" (1988), followed by their first international recognition with the second album, "Follow The Blind" (1989) and the euphoria which went round the world when "Tales From The Twilight World" (1990) and "Somewhere Far Beyond" (1992) came out, right through to their masterpiece of composition in "A Night At The Opera" (2002), the name of the band developed to become an unmistakable world brand. There are lots of reasons for this, but no doubt much of it is down to the extraordinary skill of everyone involved, their virtuoso dexterity and that gift for bringing mystical themes in tune with unusually complex metal directives. Something else which really makes BLIND GUARDIAN stand out is the way they have always kept so close to their fans. Even more proof of their unconditional commitment to the huge fan-base is being released now; "A Traveler's Guide To Space And Time", a strictly limited edition deluxe box set with a total of 15 CDs in 13 high-quality digipacks, which the musicians and the record company have been working on together for almost a year. A particularly long time to create a compilation you may think, but a glance at just how much this box set encompasses explains why their conscientious and time-consuming preparation took so long.

      "A Traveler's Guide To Space And Time" not only includes all the albums released during the so-called Virgin years (the record company brought out all the bands' records between 1988 and 2004) but also all their previously unreleased demo recordings, rare bonus tracks and alternative versions of famous pieces from this era, and all of them have been remastered and some even remixed. To be precise; it includes the seven studio albums "Battalions Of Fear", "Follow The Blind", "Tales From The Twilight World", "Somewhere Far Beyond", "Imaginations From The Other Side", "Nightfall In Middle-Earth" and "A Night At The Opera", and on top of all that you get the live albums "Tokyo Tales" and "Live" as well as "The Forgotten Tales" compilation, all of them now with 2012 mastering and some of them with new mixes. Above and beyond that, BLIND GUARDIAN have dug deep into their archives and come up with some real treats: in "Imaginations Through The Looking Glass" for the very first time the phenomenal concert they put on in Coburg, Germany in June 2003 appears in audio format on two CDs. And another first, in a special edition of "Nightfall In Middle-Earth", the musicians also present the legendary 1998 studio album without any breaks (including a new mix of "Blood Tears"). This precious box is rounded off with "An Extraordinary Tale", which includes so-far-unreleased demo versions of the pieces "Welcome To Dying", "Lord Of The Rings", "The Bard's Song (In The Forest)", "The Bard's Song (The Hobbit)", "Theatre Of Pain", "Trial By Fire" and "I'm Alive" and the never-before-released, around-90-seconds-longer version of the song "The Quest For Tanelorn" as well as the comparatively rare number "Harvest Of Sorrow".

      So, there is so much to find, enjoy and rediscover in this outright opulent deluxe box which is accompanied by a 20-page glossy booklet (size: 27cm x 27cm) containing comments from the members of the band and more than 100 rare and mainly unpublished photos belonging to the musicians. A limited-edition and numbered BLIND GUARDIAN art print on special paper (sized 27cm by 27cm) and a guitar plectrum engraved with the band's logo have also been added to the box.

      "With 'A Traveler's Guide To Space And Time', we document how much has BLIND GUARDIAN developed between 1988 and 2004 in, as I see it, a particularly impressive and vivid way," explains singer/bassist Hansi Kürsch who, together with original members André Olbrich and Marcus Siepen, still controls the destiny of this amazing group. Kürsch adds: "The brand new mastering also makes sure that all 15 CDs are on the same level as far as the dynamics are concerned so theoretically you can listen to the whole box at one go, without having to adjust the volume level at all."

      Of course this jam-packed compilation also includes all the compositional climaxes and milestones along BLIND GUARDIAN's career path; "Majesty" from their debut album "Battalions Of Fear" was the first time the band presented their unusual song writing combined with the boundless energy which still makes BLIND GUARDIAN stand out so much today. "Traveler In Time" from "Tales From The Twilight World" then puts the band's epic approach into focus. "The Bard's Song" has developed into a real classic, creating that perfect symbiosis between band and audience at concert after concert and reinforcing the folklore element within the typical BLIND GUARDIAN sound.

      Of course, in this box, BLIND GUARDIAN also present the sublime title track from the album "Imaginations From The Other Side" with its capable mixture of anthemic power metal and progressive directives, as well as the downright cinematic number "Time Stands Still (At The Iron Hill)" from the album "Nightfall In Middle-Earth". The experts reckon the fantastic "And Then There Was Silence" from "A Night At The Opera" was the icing on the cake of those Virgin years and you can hear it in all its glory on "A Traveler's Guide To Space And Time".

      With "A Traveler's Guide To Space And Time", BLIND GUARDIAN stay true to their reputation of not doing anything only halfway. As always with this band you get the full-on thing, on both the composition and technical production sides. This box is also full of rare photos from the musicians' private collections as well as previously unreleased demo recordings, once again documenting how far this group will go to give their fans the best possible product. And as Hansi Kürsch put it: "We poured our heart and soul into 'A Traveler's Guide To Space And Time', making it a well worthwhile box for our fans which fully meets the demands we make of ourselves as well as those of our fans. And that is exactly what we were aiming for."

      For the complete track listing, visit Blind-Guardian.com.
      http://www.blabbermouth.net/soulflypremiere/guardiantravelfull.jpg
      http://www.blabbermouth.net/soulflypremiere/bgbox1.jpg

      Best known as the singer/songwriter/guitarist of the Philadelphia-based blues-rock band CINDERELLA, Tom Keifer is making his debut as a solo artist with the release of his long-awaited and highly anticipated solo album, "The Way Life Goes", on April 30 via Merovee Records (through Warner Music Group's Independent Label Group).

      The collection of 14 new songs ranges from intimate, organic, acoustic tracks to driving hard rock. It embraces the blues, rock and country roots that have always been present in his unique sound that has generated the sale of over 15 million records worldwide for CINDERELLA. Rolling Stone praised Keifer as "a gritty, bluesy (rocker) with enough genuine swagger to draw comparisons to Mick Jagger."

      "The Flower Song", the album's first single, will be serviced to AAA radio stations nationwide on February 4, while "Solid Ground" will be serviced to all rock formats on March 11.

      "The Way Life Goes" is a raw, introspective look at the roller coaster ride that has been Keifer's life for the past 15 years. From being told that he would never sing again as a result of a partially paralyzed left vocal cord, to the emotional and personal battles that followed, his solo debut is a story of perseverance, a testament to the power of passion and will, when combined with a true love of music.

      In touring news, Keifer will launch his first-ever solo tour on February 9 in Winston-Salem, North Carolina at Ziggy's. The 14-city trek of small, intimate rooms is an up-close and personal preview of songs from "The Way Life Goes" along with some CINDERELLA classics. Dates beyond February 28 are currently in the works.

      Keifer recently spoke with HuffingtonPost.com about "The Way Life Goes". "The idea for a solo record started in the Nineties when the band parted ways and we left Universal," he said. "There was just a changing of the guard in the industry at that time and I started thinking about a solo record. I wrote for it for many years and the songs just kept going on the pile and I never got around to actually making a record... We started cutting tracks for this record in 2003 and I went to the pile of songs that had been building up and picked some that I liked and I've just been working on it ever since. It was produced independently of a label, because the idea from the beginning was to just work and record until I was happy with it. I wrote with a lot of different people — my wife, Savannah, who's a great writer, co-wrote a lot of the songs on the record and also co-produced the record with me, and a good friend of ours, Chuck Turner, who's a great engineer and producer. So from the beginning, the attitude was, 'Let's have fun and just make a great record and it'll be done when it's done.' Little did we know it'd be nine years later… it's done and we went through some crazy stuff and mixed and remixed and reworked things over and over and probably made a lot of mistakes along the way, but finally got it where we were all happy with it, so here it is."

      "The Way Life Goes" track listing:

      01. Solid Ground
      02. A Different Light
      03. It's Not Enough
      04. Cold Day In Hell
      05. Thick And Thin
      06. Ask Me Yesterday
      07. Fools Paradise
      08. The Flower Song
      09. Mood Elevator
      10. Welcome To My Mind
      11. You Showed Me
      12. Ain't That A Bitch
      13. The Way Life Goes
      14. Babylon

      Check out Tom Keifer at any of the following stops:

      Feb. 09 - Winston-Salem, NC - Ziggy's
      Feb. 11 - New York, NY - Highline Ballroom
      Feb. 13 - Philadelphia, PA - JC Dobbs
      Feb. 15 - Pittsburgh, PA - Altar Bar
      Feb. 16 - Salisbury, MA - Blue Ocean
      Feb. 17 - Portland, ME - Asylum
      Feb. 19 - Cleveland, OH - Peabody's
      Feb. 22 - Chicago, IL - Viper Alley
      Feb. 23 - Lexington, KY - Buster's
      Feb. 24 - Detroit, MI - Magic Bag
      Feb. 26 - Grand Rapids, MI - The Intersection
      Feb. 27 - Cincinnati, OH - 20th Century
      Feb. 28 - White Marsh, MD - House of Rock
      ARTISTdirect.com editor-in-chief Rick Florino recently conducted an interview with former PANTERA and current DOWN frontman Philip Anselmo. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

      ARTISTdirect.com: [Your solo tracks] "Family, 'Friends,' And Associates" and "Conflict" from the "War Of The Gargantuas" split [with WARBEAST] simply slay. They're truly intense, but they still showcase another evolution for you.

      Anselmo: I appreciate the kind words, man. I really do. I think those songs are still a far cry from the full-length ["Walk Through Exits Only"] that will be coming out this upcoming summer, though. To me, they're more in line with the straight-ahead songs I've come up with. Be prepared for a different listen when you hear the upcoming full-length. I wanted to do something different with a lot of fucking energy that would, I guess, come off as faster or more energetic than your basic fast playing at a million miles an hour with blast beats. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. It's just been overdone so many times. In my mind, there are ways to rhythmically capture a lot of energy without having to resort to the common way or speed-for-the-sake-of-speed feel. If you look at the basic drum beat on "Conflict", it's not a blast beat. It's a big syncopation of kick drums and toms. It creates a massive energy with the double-picking guitar. It's a first taste people can wrap their heads around. Be forewarned when the full-length comes out, though.

      ARTISTdirect.com: Lyrically, "Family, 'Friends,' and Associates" and "Conflict" throw a real gut punch. Is this a little more direct than the DOWN material which is more visual, hypnotic, and ethereal?

      Anselmo: I would agree with you one hundred percent. With the DOWN lyrics, the listeners can take them and interpret them in their own ways. With the solo shit, I'm being very direct. There isn't any wordplay. There isn't any hidden message. It's all right there in front of you. There it is.

      ARTISTdirect.com: How important is it to have time to really think between records?

      Anselmo: With a band like DOWN, one thing we have definitely discovered about ourselves is we can't overthink the product. If you put the five of us in the same room, it's going to sound like DOWN, especially when the objective is to write DOWN songs. It's going to turn out sounding like us. There isn't some big fucking science to it or anything like that. Even with the second record or definitely with the third record, maybe we were thinking too much or trying to put too much emphasis on trimming fat or overthinking production — whatever the hell it may be. It made us very cognizant of why people would choose "Nola" over the second or third record as their favorite. Really, we took the same approach as we did with the early demos for the EP. That was "Don't fucking overthink the goddamn thing, man. Don't put too much emphasis. Don't waste so much fucking time trying when you damn well know how to fucking do it." For us, the best way to do things is to get true and honest sounds. On the new EP, we let stuff be very raw. Of course, that's fine by us. The records we generally listen to are under-produced and raw. Those are some of our favorite fucking records. That part of it was easy. Approaching the lyrics was very easy for me. It seems like the more I detached myself from the project, the more honest it became and the easier it became. You've got to figure, on "Nola", there are parts on some people's favorite songs like "Stone The Crow" where I'm not even saying anything. In time, those incomprehensible yellings become words and people can sing what they think I'm saying. [laughs] It all becomes one fucking organic type of real jam session. The less time you spend fucking moping over the situation, it turns out better. At least it's that way with DOWN.

      Dan Swinhoe of SabotageTimes.com recently conducted an interview with former BLACK SABBATH singer Tony Martin. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

      On the reissue of BLACK SABBATH's "Eternal Idol" album, his recorded debut with the band:

      Tony: "I was not a writer on 'Eternal Idol', I was just a session singer for that album. So I would not be included in the release [process] of that."

      On how he looks back on the experience of being in BLACK SABBATH:

      Tony: "I am 10 years younger than those guys and our circles didn't really cross, so it was a bit isolating. It doesn't mean I hated the experience; I was just completely inexperienced and they didn't have the time or the inclination to really accommodate that. It felt like they just wanted my voice and writing ability."

      On his upcoming solo album, "Book Of Shadows", which is around two thirds done:

      Tony: "'Book Of Shadows' got put on hold, of course, because it's a solo album and solo albums are the worst because you are too close to it and it's never perfect. But apart from that, you still have to pay the bills and so I do other projects too, and that takes me away from the solo album. But I do intend to have all those re-recorded and released."

      On the SILVER HORSES project, which features Tony alongside Gianluca Galli on guitar, Andrea Castelli on bass and Matteo "Bona" Bonini and drums and was described by Tony as "beautiful bluesy stuff, a kind of LED ZEPPELIN thing":

      Tony: "SILVER HORSES is dead in the water right now. It turned nasty because they tried to release it without having the rights and contracts in place, and we are fighting over the way forward. As things are, we don't have a release, but we are still working on it and maybe we can recover it, but it doesn't feel the same now."
      According to Shropshire Star, former JUDAS PRIEST guitarist Kenneth "K.K." Downing has has started a career as a rock promoter under the banner The Future Of Heavy Metal. His first show will be at The Slade Rooms in Wolverhampton, England on May 16, followed by a gig at The Asylum in Birmingham the following day. The shows will feature Black Country band HOSTILE, along with the French act MORAY FIRTH. Two more bands will also appear.

      Downing told Shropshire Star was moving into rock promotion with Bridgnorth-based music guru Dave Coleman, who has been involved in the industry for many decades.

      "The Black Country and Birmingham are known as the home of heavy metal and now it's time for the next generation to step up to the plate," Downing said.

      "In some ways, it has been difficult for other bands to fill the void. Back in the '70s and '80s the Black Country and Birmingham produced so many good rock bands, from BLACK SABBATH and LED ZEPPELIN to JUDAS PRIEST and even SLADE."

      HOSTILE features in its ranks bassist Alex Hill, son of JUDAS PRIEST's Ian Hill. The band's debut album, 2011's "Eve Of Destruction", was produced by Downing.

      Not only did K.K. produce HOSTILE's debut CD, he also wrote and performed on the song "Avenger", the first time the guitarist has ever written for a band outside of PRIEST. K.K. became interested in HOSTILE's talent and potential after seeing them perform at a club called JB's in Dudley, Midlands.

      In April 2011, Downing revealed that he would be leaving JUDAS PRIEST prior to the band's "Epitaph" world tour. In October that same year, Downing spoke to Valley Radio Online about what happened, although he declined to go into specifics.

      "It was a set of circumstances that led me to not go out [on tour with PRIEST] this year," Downing said. "I was kind of geared up for it, but there was a multitude of reasons. It pretty much came down to an unsettlement on my part with working relationships.

      "It's like anything else. If anybody out there is thinking it's hard to live with one woman, they should try to live with four guys and hold it together. [Laughs]"

      Downing's place in the band was filled by new guitarist Richie Faulkner.

      "It was a massive consideration," Downing said. "Obviously, the fans, who I love, and many of them have become very good friends. But I just hoped that they would appreciate that I couldn't continue with the way that I felt inside for reasons which I'll… I mean, certain reasons I will never, ever disclose.
      http://www.blabbermouth.net/soulflypremiere/futureofmetalposter.jpg

      In a brand new interview with Believer magazine, FAITH NO MORE singer Mike Patton was asked if the band's reunion was "still happening." He replied: "It's sort of petered out. We're also maybe a little too conscious for our own good. Meaning there's a lineage of bands that maybe did some nice things and then needed the cash and got back together and basically just sprayed diarrhea over their entire body of work. We're very worried about that. We don't want to overdo it.”

      Speaking to IHeartGuitarBlog.com last November, Patton stated about the possibility of FAITH NO MORE releasing any live material from the band's reunion tours: "Right now, we have no plans whatsoever — live, recording or anything. We've done what we set out to do with the reunion, and it's all great, but it's just, 'Let's see what happens next.' And I think you need to take a pause to actually reflect on something like that, because otherwise we could just keep playing, and we're very conscious of overdoing it, y'know, milking material that's so old. You can only do that for so long, and I feel that we've done pretty well. The whole band's naturally came to this conclusion, so now we're just sitting tight."

      According to Patton, one of the reasons the FAITH NO MORE reunion didn't happen sooner is the fact that they wanted to avoid making it feel like a nostalgia thing — like "Here's FAITH NO MORE again." "We wanted it to feel fresh and still somehow vital," he said. "It wasn't an money grab. It's funny to say, but we all kind of reconnected, and after quite a long time we all kinda looked at each other and were like, 'Man, we actually spent half of our lives together.' It's interesting to see it through that set of glasses as opposed to the ones you wore back then. I suppose, at least personally speaking, I've grown up a lot since then, and I think I approach the music differently, and I felt better about the music than I did then."

      FAITH NO MORE made a comeback in June 2009 with a headlining performance at the Brixton Academy in London, England and has played sporadic shows for the past three years.

      FAITH NO MORE's last LP, "Album Of The Year", came out in 1997.

      Heavy-hitting British metal band ORANGE GOBLIN will release a live CD/DVD set, "A Eulogy For The Fans - Orange Goblin Live 2012", on March 11 via Candlelight Records. The artwork was created by Jimbob Isaac and can be seen below.

      CD/DVD set features:

      ** Disc 1 (CD)

      Complete set live at Bloodstock Open Air festival on August 11, 2012 at Catton Park, Derbyshire in the United Kingdom

      ** Disc 2 (DVD)

      Complete pro-shot sets live at Bloodstock Open Air festival on August 11, 2012 at Catton Park, Derbyshire in the United Kingdom and Hellfest on June 15, 2012 in Clisson, France. Plus promotional videos, the making of "Red Tide Rising" documentary, "Highway To Hellfest" short film, photo galleries and more.

      The live audio from Bloodstock Open Air festival will also be released as a double gatefold vinyl.

      ORANGE GOBLIN's latest album, "A Eulogy For The Damned", was released in February 2012 via Candlelight Records. The ten-track offering was recorded at The Animal Farm studio in South London, produced and engineered by Jamie Dodd and mastered two-time Grammy-nominated PINK FLOYD engineer Andy Jackson at Tube Mastering.

      "A Eulogy For The Damned" was released on CD and limited-edition colored vinyl in gatefold sleeve.

      Formed in 1995 (as OUR HAUNTED KINGDOM), ORANGE GOBLIN has released six full-length albums, developing an enthusiastic fan base that revels in the band's aggressive sound built on "booze-sodden riffs and attitude." Longtime label Rise Above Records has reissued the group's super-heavy back catalog.
      http://www.blabbermouth.net/soulflypremiere/orangegoblinlivecd.jpg
      The four members of Canadian metal innovators VOIVOD — vocalist Denis "Snake" Bélanger, guitarist Daniel "Chewy" Mongrain, bassist Jean-Yves "Blacky" Thériault and drummer Michel "Away" Langevin — will attend a listening party for their new album, "Target Earth", on January 24 at Café Chaos in Montreal, Quebec, Canada starting at 8 p.m. Admission to this 18-and-over event is free.

      "Target Earth" will be released on January 22 (one day earlier internationally) via VOIVOD's own company, Iron Gang Factory, and Century Media. The CD was recorded in January 2012 at Pierre Rémillard's (OBLIVEON, CRYPTOPSY, KRISIUN, MISERY INDEX) Wild Studio in a small town called St-Zénon in Quebec, Canada and was mixed by Sanford Parker (PELICAN, NACHTMYSTIUM). The follow-up to 2009's "Infini" contains the band's first music to be written with Mongrain (MARTYR) following the passing of original axeman Denis "Piggy" D'Amour in 2005. The original art was once again drawn by Langevin and features color schemes from each one of the band's previous albums. The effort will be available as a CD, gatefold double vinyl and a limited edition deluxe box set.

      http://www.blabbermouth.net/soulflypremiere/voivodtargetlistening.jpg
      AVENGED SEVENFOLD recently returned from taking most of 2012 off by debuting a new song called "Carry On" in last year's most anticipated video game, Call Of Duty: Black Ops II. Not only did the band contribute the tune, but they also appeared as characters during the game's closing credits to perform it. Singer M. Shadows told The Pulse Of Radio about the work involved in turning AVENGED SEVENFOLD into video game avatars. "We had two full days of motion capture, so the band went in there, put on silly outfits and we danced around and pretended like we were playing in front of an audience," he said. "Hopefully none of those pictures will leak. But we did that, and then we went in there and for vocals I had to sit there and put my head in this vise, and they did motion capture of me singing the words a bunch of times. Between acting and pretending that you're playing onstage when there's nobody there, it was a pretty fun experience."

      AVENGED SEVENFOLD's video game counterparts do a little acting and fighting in the game in addition to performing "Carry On".

      Call Of Duty: Black Ops II arrived in stores last November and has been selling in record-breaking numbers.

      AVENGED SEVENFOLD is entering the studio this month to begin recording its sixth studio album, with Shadows recently telling Metal Hammer that the set "has a lot more of a [BLACK] SABBATH / [LED] ZEPPELIN feel to it."

      The band's next album is due out this summer and will follow up 2010's "Nightmare", the first No. 1 record of AVENGED SEVENFOLD's career.

      VOODOO CIRCLE's third album, "More Than One Way Home", will be released on February 22, 2013 via AFM Records. The CD's first single, "Cry For Love", will be made available on February 1.

      The cover artwork for "More Than One Way Home" can be seen below.

      An audio sample of the song "Graveyard City" from "More Than One Way Home" can be streamed in the YouTube clip below.

      VOODOO CIRCLE is the German/British band featuring members of PRIMAL FEAR and PINK CREAM 69.

      VOODOO CIRCLE's sophomore CD, "Broken Heart Syndrome", entered the German Media Control chart at position No. 64. The effort was once again mixed and mastered by Dennis Ward (PINK CREAM 69, KROKUS), and was described in a press release as "a huge step forward and shows the band's boundless musical possibilities."

      Alex is well known throughout the rock and metal scene as the mastermind of SILENT FORCE, former guitarist of SINNER and touring guitarist of PRIMAL FEAR. His exceptional compositions and instrumental skills secured him highest respect from other musicians and a strong worldwide fan base. In Japan, where quality is still the most important aspect when it comes to music, he is hailed as a "guitar hero" and fills the venues.

      According to a press release, "Alex chose to walk in huge footsteps with VOODOO CIRCLE, because the immense impact and influence that bands like RAINBOW and DEEP PURPLE had are undeniable. But if there is just one German musician who can fill this big boots and arouse with new energy, we definitely talk about Alex Beyrodt."

      VOODOO CIRCLE is:

      Alex Beyrodt (PRIMAL FEAR, SILENT FORCE, SINNER) - Guitar
      David Readman (PINK CREAM 69) - Vocals
      Mat Sinner (SINNER, PRIMAL FEAR) - Bass
      Markus Kullmann (DEZPERADOZ) - Drums
      Zlatko "Jimmy" Kresic (LIQUID HOME) - Keyboards

      VOODOO CIRCLE's self-titled debut album was released in 2008.

      ThrashHits.com recently spoke to bassist Amos Williams of U.K. progressive metallers TESSERACT about the band's forthcoming album, which is due later this year. The CD, which is rumored to be titled "Altered State", will mark the band's first release with new lead singer, Ashe O'Hara, following the departure of American vocalist Elliot Coleman (OMNOM, SKY EATS AIRPLANE, ZELLIACK) in June 2012.

      "The new album has shaped up to be something of an evolution for TESSERACT," Williams said. "Obviously, there's the new voice, which is exciting for us to work with. Ashe brings such an intense level of emotion to the table, it feels as if we have added another dimension to the music. We've also travelled so much and met so many incredible and inspiring musicians since the first album. This has had a huge impact upon our songwriting."

      He continued: "Also, we now enjoy playing with dynamics and instrumentation. This came from releasing an acoustic EP last year. We're no longer afraid to mix things up or stray from the expected path, which we feel we did with our first album. That was in the box, whilst this album is way out there for us. Don't be afraid, though — whilst it has evolved, our music is still somehow TESSERACT. It's like there is something just beneath the surface of everything we do, that shapes all we produce into a distinctly TESSERACT-ish form."

      "Nocturne", a brand new song from TESSERACT, can be streamed using the SoundCloud player below.

      Comments the band: "'Nocturne', is one of the most uplifting and exciting pieces of music we have created. It faithfully continues down the same vein of groovy and euphoric progressive soundscapes that we're known for. Whilst at the same time allowing for the musical evolution that is essential for any band that has a lineup change."

      Hailing from Northampton, Ashe spent his early years singing in many different groups, from choirs to musical theatre, and has more recently been involved with a number of ambient/alternative metal projects in addition to doing session work. Ashe currently resides in Hove, East Sussex.

      Commented Ashe: "I have always been an admirer of their work so it's pretty awesome to be passed such a challenging flame. I am very aware of the anticipation and I am certainly feeling the weight of it, but I am equally excited for what shall be an amazing and shithot experience!"

      TESSERACT recently picked up the "New Blood" award — as voted for by readers of Prog magazine — at the first-ever Progressive Music Awards in the U.K.
      Massachusetts metallers KILLSWITCH ENGAGE — singer Jesse Leach, guitarist Adam Dutkiewicz, bassist Mike D'Antonio, guitarist Joel Stroetzel and drummer Justin Foley — have set "Disarm The Descent" as the title of their upcoming sixth album. The 12-track record is due out April 2 on Roadrunner and is the follow-up to 2009's self-titled release. "Disarm THE Descent" is the band's first album with original singer Leach at the vocal helm since 2002's now-classic, genre-defining "Alive or Just Breathing". Leach returned to the band in January 2012 after a decade-long absence.

      The first single, "In Due Time", will be made available digitally on February 5. Album pre-orders will kick off in early February, as well, with more details forthcoming.

      "Disarm The Descent" was selected by Alternative Press magazine for its "Most Anticipated Albums of 2013" issue, and the band was profiled in Guitar World as one to watch in 2013. Clearly, buzz from fans and the metal and hard rock community regarding new KILLSWITCH ENGAGE remains deafening.

      "It is with a grateful spirit that we prepare for this record's release," Leach said. "From the music, to the lyrics, to the artwork, we are all proud of what we have accomplished. To me, this is by far my best vocal performance, much thanks to Adam's guidance and faith in my abilities. I am very grateful to be where I am in life, back in an amazing band with a record we are all excited for the world to hear. Thanks to all the fans for their warm welcome back and their undying love for KILLSWITCH ENGAGE."

      2012 marked a busy year for KILLSWITCH ENGAGE.

      With Leach firmly installed as the frontman for the last 12 months, the band spent its summer on the road. KILLSWITCH ENGAGE shook the bedrock of venues across the country as part of the first-ever Trespass America tour alongside FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH.

      The band recently embarked on a tour that celebrated the 10th anniversary of "Alive Or Just Breathing". They performed the album in full, with a few fan favorites and hits from their gold-selling albums, 2004's "The End Of Heartache" and 2006's "As Daylight Dies", sprinkled into the setlist. KILLSWITCH ENGAGE were also profiled by Decibel in the magazine's highly respected "Hall of Fame" feature for "Alive Or Just Breathing".

      In between tours, the band put its nose to the grindstone to work on what would become "Disarm The Descent", with Dutkiewicz producing. The wheels have been turning for the past year, as the band supplemented recording with touring. The time is upon us for the next chapter of KILLSWITCH ENGAGE, who were at the forefront of the New Wave Of American Heavy Metal resurgence that defined the '00s and have remained vital into the new decade.

      "Disarm The Descent" track listing:

      01. The Hell In Me
      02. Beyond The Flames
      03. New Awakening
      04. In Due Time
      05. A Tribute To The Fallen
      06. The Turning Point
      07. All That We Have
      08. You Don't Bleed For Me
      09. The Call
      10. No End In Sight
      11. Always
      12. Time Will Not Remain

      "Disarm The Descent" was mixed by veteran British producer Andy Sneap, who has previously worked with MEGADETH, TESTAMENT, EXODUS, ACCEPT, ARCH ENEMY and NEVERMORE.

      "[The recording process] was great," Leach told Loudwire

      (Message over 64 KB, truncated)