Rolling Stones, Slash, Megadeth, Metal Alliance, Geoff Tate, Helloween and tons more hard rock and heavy metal news

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 18, 2012

      Saturday December 15, 2012

      The set list

      1. Get Off Of My Cloud
      2. The Last Time
      3. It's Only Rock'n Roll
      4. Paint It Black
      5. Gimme Shelter (with Lady Gaga)
      6. Wild Horses
      7. Going Down (with John Mayer and Gary Clark, Jr)
      8. Dead Flowers (by request)
      9. Who Do You Love (with Black Keys)
      10. Doom And Gloom
      11. One More Shot
      12. Miss You
      13. Honky Tonk Women
        --- Band presentations
      14. Before They Make Me Run (Keith)
      15. Happy (Keith)
      16. Midnight Rambler (with Mick Taylor)
      17. Start Me Up
      18. Tumbling Dice (with Bruce Springsteen)
      19. Brown Sugar
      20. Sympathy For The Devil
        --- Band off stage
      21. You Can't Always Get What You Want (with Choir)
      22. Jumping Jack Flash
      23. Satisfaction
      Show start  :  9:00pm
      Show finish : 11:35pm

      Legendary guitarist Slash (GUNS N' ROSES, VELVET REVOLVER) has filmed a cameo for actor Charlie Sheen's new TV sitcom "Anger Management". Slash writes on Twitter: "Charlie's working with a great bunch of people of there."

      Sheen, a neighbor and personal friend of Slash's who called himself a "Rock Star From Mars" when he underwent a public meltdown amid his firing from the CBS show "Two And A Half Men", spoke at Slash's Hollywood Walk Of Fame induction ceremony in July. He said, "It's quite fitting that Slash is getting a star on the very street Axl Rose will one day be sleeping on."

      He added, "This star is going to be stepped on more than the coke we did in the '80s."

      In an interview with Australia's long-running rock station Triple M during his tour with the Soundwave rock festival in March 2011, Slash spoke about the troubles Sheen was facing at the time.

      "I love Charlie," Slash smiled. "Charlie is probably the most rock 'n' roll character in entertainment today. All things considered, he's been having a little bit of a hard time recently with all the bad press and everything. But he's been managing to get away with what he's been doing on that show and get a raise over the last more than ten years. I think that's pretty cool," he laughed.
      STATUS QUO drummer Matt Letley has decided to leave the band after 12 years. He will make his final live appearance with Francis Rossi, Rick Parfitt, Andy Bown and John "Rhino" Edwards on Wednesday, December 19, at the O2 Arena in London.

      Says Letley: "It's been a fantastic journey over the past twelve years or so, but I have decided that now is the right time for me to leave QUO and move on to something new.

      "No doubt there will be much conjecture that this is somehow related to the upcoming reunion gigs, but I'd like to assure everyone that it has no bearing on my decision. Indeed, I wish the guys every success with this tour and certainly hope to come along to see one of the shows!

      "I should like to take this opportunity to thank the guys in the band, our fantastic crew and Simon and the girls in the office for their friendship and professionalism. Most of all I thank the fans without whom I should not have had the chance to play with one of the best rock and roll bands in the world."

      Adds QUO manager Simon Porter: "The band would like to thank Matt for a dozen years of loyal service. He's a true pro and it's been a pleasure to work with him. We're delighted that his last hurrah with the band will be at such a prestigious London show and we wish him all the best for the future."

      The original STATUS QUO lineup — Rossi, Parfitt, Alan Lancaster and John Coghlan — will reunite for a one-off, never-to-be-repeated series of U.K. dates in March 2013.
      MEGADETH has resumed work on its fourteenth studio album with producer Johnny K (full name: John Karkazis), who has previously worked with DISTURBED, SEVENDUST, MACHINE HEAD and STAIND. The CD is tentatively due in early 2013 via an as-yet-undisclosed label following MEGADETH's recent split with Roadrunner Records.

      Mustaine previously told NME about the direction of MEGADETH's new material, "Some of it's a little darker, some of it's a little faster. Being in this position right now, not knowing where we're gonna go or what we're gonna do, it's kind of like the world's ours to do what we want. Are we gonna go back to the speed and thrash metal roots that made us who we are? Are we gonna experiment and rely on the melody that we've discovered in MEGADETH songs?"

      Mustaine also spoke about how he likes to keep MEGADETH's music more melodic than that of most thrash bands. "We've tried to do that in MEGADETH, have a little melody so that it's not just the same old grinding music like everybody else has," he said. "We're just happy to get going and get to the studio."

      Johnny K produced MEGADETH's last album, 2011's "TH1RT3EN", which was recorded at Mustaine's Vic's Garage studio in San Marcos, California. Mustaine previously stated about the recording process for "TH1RT3EN", "We've got a great new partner with Johnny K. I mean, I was satisfied with our last co-producer, with Andy Sneap, and Andy really took us — and he even admits — as far as he could take us, and it was great because we wanted to go back to the big leagues where we were, and we feel that Johnny is, obviously, a big-league producer; not that Andy isn't — don't get me wrong. But we feel that this record is definitely one of our best. It's a great feeling, because, you know, finishing some of the last record, I can honestly say, in my heart I knew that it wouldn't contend with some of the great records in the past, just because of the timing, the label that we were on and stuff like that. Lineup changes and stuff… But I really think that everything just lined up for this record."

      "TH1RT3EN", sold 42,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 11 on The Billboard 200 chart.

      The CD marked the recorded return of bassist David Ellefson who was part of the band's classic lineup from 1983 to 2002. In a move that delighted the band's legion of diehards, Ellefson returned to performing live with MEGADETH in early 2010 and has remained a fixture on the stage ever since. This was the first time Ellefson has played on a MEGADETH record since 2002's "Rude Awakening"
      ANTHRAX will headline the third annual Metal Alliance Tour, set to kick off in March and run through the month of April. The band will perform its fan-favorite 1987 album "Among The Living" in its entirety during the trek, which will feature support from EXODUS, MUNICIPAL WASTE, HOLY GRAIL and a couple of additional bands, to be announced at a later date.

      "ANTHRAX has always been one of my favorite bands, and to have them be part of our tour is beyond expression. This is surely going to be one for the history books!" states tour co-organizer Dan Rozenblum.

      Adds ANTHRAX guitarist Scott Ian: "Holy crap am I so excited about this year's Metal Alliance Tour!

      "It's been a great year and a half for us since 'Worship Music' came out and to cap it off with a Grammy nomination.

      "This is such a perfect lineup. To make this tour even more special, we will be playing our 'Among The Living' record in its entirety. I can't wait to play 'Horror Of It All'!

      "Come on out and worship with us, my friends. You do not want to miss this. USA on Hell one more time."

      General-admission tickets will go on sale on January 11.

      For more information, visit MetalAllianceTour.com.

      ANTHRAX recently spent time in the studio recording several cover versions of some of their favorite rock classics, to be included with the upcoming re-release of the band's latest album, "Worship Music".

      In addition to RUSH ("Anthem") and BOSTON ("Smokin'") covers, ANTHRAX is also recording its versions of AC/DC's "T.N.T.", JOURNEY's "Keep On Runnin'" and BLACK SABBATH's "Neon Knights". The latter song is expected to appear on the upcoming Ronnie James Dio tribute album which is being assembled by the singer's widow and longtime manager Wendy Dio.

      "Worship Music" has sold more than 100,000 copies in the U.S. since its September 2011 release, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
      http://www.blabbermouth.net/soulflypremiere/anthraxalliance2013.jpg

      The heavy metal world was thrown into a state of shock earlier this year when Seattle progressive rockers Queensrÿche unceremoniously, and very publicly, fired vocalist and founding member GEOFF TATE.  Coincidentally, the frontman has just released his second solo album, ‘Kings And Thieves’. So, what better time for Uber Rock’s Mark Ashby to fire up the trans-Atlantic to get the singer’s side of the story, talk about said solo opus – and discuss the finer points of knocking the living daylights of his former band mates…

      Thanks very much for taking the time to talk to us at Über Röck, Geoff. It's 10am in Calgary and 5pm here in Belfast so I appreciate the time difference. I want to talk first about your new solo album, Kings and Thieves. It's not uncommon for guys in bands, especially singers to do solo albums. What first motivated you to do a solo album, particularly the first one ten years ago? What made you decide the time was right?

      We did the first one 10 years ago and I felt like I'd been trying to do another one for a while but obviously Queensrÿche was my priority so I was constantly putting my energies and creative thought process into that. So, this year I decided to make my own again and I'm very happy I did actually, I'm very pleased with the record.

      With your solo material, did you deliberately set out to create a different sound than fans would know from the Queensrÿche sound?

      Yeah, when you do anything with Queensrÿche it's a compromise based upon the people that are involved with that project and if you do your own thing, it's your own thing so you don't have to work with them. The projects take on different sounds and different feels.

      Would there be a totally different mind frame that you're in? Do you approach writing your solo material differently than you would for the band?

      I don't think that so much, it's just that I don't have to work them in. The other guys... they have to almost always play on the record, right? So you have to plan for that – if they're going to play on the record you have to set aside time for them to learn the song and then practice it so they can play it OK and record them, and it's just a procedure that takes a long time, you know? It just takes a long time of planning and putting together all the different schedules of people, and I'm used to it 'cause I've was doing it all these years.

      But doing my own thing, I didn't have to do that. I didn't have to hold myself back, I didn't have to wait on people to catch up and learn the parts or understand the parts. It was just a free-flowing creative environment – if you thought it up, you just did it. There weren't all these stops and starts and waiting around to do things, which I found really enjoyable, to be able to flow through an idea without having to figure out how to work somebody else into it.

      The guys that play with you on the solo album, how much input do they have? Do they come forward with ideas for you to say, “maybe this would sound better this way” and do you encourage that?

      Oh yeah, it's a collective environment. It's always sitting in the room, throwing out ideas, creating a song idea. It just moves cohesively rather than disjointedly.

      Can you tell us a little bit about some of the songs on the album? Are there any particular lyrical themes or subjects you're tackling on the solo album that we would be interested in?

      I don't know what people are interested in, honestly. It's not the artist's job to attract people to their music. We just write the music and share it with people and it's the world's... how the world takes it is how the world takes it. I's impossible to know what people are going to like, what they're going to relate to, what they're going to not like when it comes to art.

      Art is completely and utterly subjective and people interpret art through they're own life experiences. They relate to songs and lyrics and pictures and museums based upon what they've experienced themselves in life so it's impossible to know what somebody's going to like or be interested in.

      I've read in other interview that the title of the album, ‘Kings And Thieves’, was a working title for one of songs – there isn't actually a song called that on the album, and you picked the title because you had a bit of a doodle of it and you liked the way it fitted in with the artwork?

      When you make records… at least for me, I work a lot on intuition, just how I feel about something and go with it, and I always liked that phrase Kings and Thieves quite a bit. I'd written it down on my desk, on the notebook and I'm one of those people that when I'm thinking about stuff I tend to doodle and draw on the notebook and I traced that phrase, ‘Kings And Thieves’, over and over with my pencil so it was really highlighted and dark.

      When I saw the finished artwork that Anthony Clarkson created, I was looking at it on my computer and I happened to glance over at my notebook, so the phrase ‘Kings And Thieves’, looked back at the artwork and thought, “Oh, there it is.” That's why I'd been saving that phrase and been so obsessed with it, it's the name of the album!

      The album was recorded at the beginning of the year and there was a bit of delay in the obvious processes of releasing albums. In retrospect and giving what's happened since you finished recording the solo piece, do you think the name ‘Kings And Thieves’ it could be seen as a metaphor for what happened over the past few months with the Queensrÿche situation?

      Hmmm! Well I suppose you could look at it in a number of different ways... the album, I suppose you could. I think there are probably some songs on the record that have particular lyric lines that pertain to my frustration with the Queensrÿche situation, Yeah, definitely there are some lyrical lines here and there that... really most of the record conceived and put together before all that stuff started happening.

      Given what has happened, would you have been tempted to put ‘Kings And Thieves’ out as a Queensrÿche album?

      Oh no, no, never. No. It was never intended to be a Queensrÿche record and I never wanted it to be. It was always meant to be my solo record.

      You're obviously touring the album at the moment and touring as a as a solo artist, but you have announced you're own line up version of Queensrÿche and last month the courts ruled in the interim you could use the name Queensrÿche. Do you have any touring plans for your Queensrÿche?

      Yes, I do actually, I start touring in April 2013. I've got a tour that's being booked now: it's all taking off now and we're very excited about that.

      Is this the tour I've seen the internet rumours about the 25th anniversary Operation Mind Crime tour?

      Yeah, Operation Mind Crime is going to be focussing on that when we tour seeing as it is the 25th anniversary of the record.

      Just to talk a wee bit about what has happened, do you not think it's confusing or unfair on the fans that there are two versions of the same band?

      I suppose it could be confusing to a few people. Honestly, Queensrÿche fans are pretty intelligent, generally, and intelligent people know where to look to get accurate information, and most intelligent people know you can go to geofftate.com or my Facebook page to see who's playing where and what's going on. The information is readily available.

      Do you think there'll be any feeling among the fans that they might be being asked, in a sort of roundabout way, to take sides?

      Again, it's very difficult to interpret what people feel, what they think.. in fact I think it's pretty impossible. I'm not really asking anybody to pick a side. There are just two sides so you can make up you're own mind as an individual what you want to listen to, what you want to be interested in. If it was me if I was a smart intelligent music fan and my one of my favourite bands had split up and formed two bands, I'd probably check out both bands to see what they were all about and see what they were offering and see if there was something about each one that I liked.

      Where do things stand legally at the moment? Is there any sort of time scale for the various hearings to try to resolve this?

      Yeah, the actual court date is for next November 2013 and that's when everything will be decided a that point.

      There's no chance of you sorting it out amicably between you before then?

      Yeah, of course there is a chance, if both parties agree to mediation, going in and actually sitting in a room and talking about it. Yeah absolutely, I'm very interested in that.

      If Queensrÿche with your three former band mates were playing somewhere that you happened to be, would you go check them out?

      Would I go watch my former band mates play?

      Yeah.

      No. I'm not interested in that at all.

      Hypothetically, if you were stuck in a lift with them, who do you think would speak first?

      If we were in a situation where we were put together who would speak first? Oh, it would be me.

      And who do you think would throw the first punch?

      Throw the first punch? Well, probably me. Those guys can't fight their way out of a paper bag. I've never seen such a bunch of... how can you be a man and not, like, defend yourself? How can you do that? I don't understand it. I probably shouldn't talk about that… I could get in trouble. [Laughs]

      You know, Americans are really touchy about that stuff. I spit in Scott's face and that is an ancient act of defiance and contempt: it's a symbolic gesture. It's ancient, people have been doing that for centuries and Americans can't wrap their head around that. They think it's juvenile, like it's something a kid does. They can't understand guys getting in a punch up. They fear that, they're appalled by it. In other countries, Ireland for example, the Irish don't see anything wrong with it at all.

      Yeah, it's the best way to settle a dispute, to knock the frig out of each other and then go for a beer.

      Well, yeah. That's normal…

      If it all ended now and Queensrÿche, in whatever form stopped right now, how would you like the band to be remembered?

      I had a different idea of how I wanted things to end than the way they have. I've always tried very hard to take care of the name and present the band in an elegant way - since I'm the one that does all the interviews and TV appearances and radio appearances and all that, and I've always tried to communicate to the world that we are a bunch of friends who make music together and that we care about each other and always stand by each other’s side, and that we were out to, ultimately, make music for as long as we possibly could.

      The whole way the other guys have handled the break up thing really saddens me because it's in direct opposition to what my belief system is. I think that we could easily have sat in a room and talked about our problems, we could have addressed things in a real civil manner, we could have come to conclusions easily without dragging our laundry through the public, so to speak. The way that they've gone about firing everybody in our organisation is just cold hearted, you know, very cold and ruthless, and honestly it's not the way I envisioned the band ending its days, to be honest... I'm really humiliated by their actions actually…

      The official video for "Nabataea", the first single from "Straight Out Of Hell", the new album from German power metallers HELLOWEEN, can be seen below. The seven minute-plus composition about the legendary kingdom, located in today's Middle East, where the first real democracy existed over 3000 years ago, develops on several levels, including 3-D animation at motion picture level. The secret Nabatean city, Petra, only discovered last century, is the backdrop for many myths and legends, and here it provides the ideal subject matter for a set of lyrics far removed from the rock 'n' roll norm. HELLOWEEN singer Andi Deris was inspired to write the song during a holiday.

      "Straight Out Of Hell" will be released in Europe on January 18 and in North America on January 22, 2013. The cover artwork for the CD was once again created by Martin Häusler, who previously worked with the band on the "7 Sinners" and "Gambling With The Devil" CDs.

      "Straight Out Of Hell" was produced by Charlie Bauerfeind, who also worked on "7 Sinners", and sees the five musicians maintaining a rawer edge throughout, working quickly in the studio (MiSueno Studio in Tenerife) and delivering 13 brand new compositions that, in the words of founding member, guitarist Michael Weikath, will "kick even the laziest listener's ass!"

      Bristling with positive energy, songs such as "Make Fire Catch The Fly", "Far From The Stars" and the title track itself, written by bassist Markus Grosskopf, show that when HELLOWEEN push their collective foot to the floor they are never too keen to ease off the gas; and they take chances, ever willing to use their well-documented virtuosity to break out of the mould.

      Says Deris: "We've always followed our own path when it comes to music… and if someone had ever tried to stop us, well, we'd have done what we wanted, anyway! Some of our moves have attracted negative reactions at first, but in time they've gone on to reap success and reward, and that's the kind of freedom you can feel on this new album — we don't allow ourselves to be put under pressure…"

      With Deris, Weikath, Grosskopf (also a founding member) and guitarist Sascha Gerstner all providing material, "Straight…" is a passionate, multi-layered affair, complete with a limited-edition premium package featuring a special Hammond organ run-through of Weikath outing, "Burning Sun" — this version conceived as a tribute to DEEP PURPLE's Jon Lord.

      On the live front, meanwhile, HELLOWEEN (fresh from appearing at prestigious Japanese festival Loud Park) will be returning to the road in March 2013 — the first part of a world tour set to kick off in mainland Europe, with GAMMA RAY as special guests. The follow-up to the "Hellish Rock Tour" of 2007-2008, this extended outing, dubbed "Hellish Rock Part II", will bring the band to the U.K. on April 16 for a one-off date at the London Forum.

      "Straight Out Of Hell" track listing:

      01. Nabataea
      02. World Of War
      03. Live Now!
      04. Far From The Stars
      05. Burning Sun
      06. Waiting For The Thunder
      07. Hold Me In Your Arms
      08. Wanna Be God
      09. Straight Out Of Hell
      10. Asshole
      11. Years
      12. Make Fire Catch The Fly
      13. Church Breaks Down

      Limited-edition bonus tracks:

      14. Another Shot Of Life
      15. Burning Sun (Hammond version; dedicated to Jon Lord)

      http://youtu.be/mBpXBbO6o9k

      Swiss hard rock veterans KROKUS have issued the following update:

      “To answer the numerous questions on our numerous blogs in the last couple of days regarding detailed info on who's drumming on live gigs in support of 'Dirty Dynamite' release:

      There will be several guest drummers supporting KROKUS on tour. For the time being, it is Kosta Zafiriou [PINK CREAM 69], who also drummed on our forthcoming CD release.

      "KROKUS will be a five-piece lineup. The drummer is part of the live lineup but not official band member (example: when original band member Bill Wyman left THE ROLLING STONES, he was replaced with Darryl Jones for live performances, yet he is not pictured on press photos, album covers, etc.)

      "Before KROKUS will rock festivals in Switzerland and abroad, we want to 'get close' to our fans in some smaller venues, starting in Zurich and then in our home town (other dates might be added, we will let you know). Those intimate tour dates are as follows, tickets went on sale a couple of days ago."

      The "Close Contact Dög Tour" dates:

      May 02 - Zürich, Switzerland - Volkshaus
      May 09 - Solothurn, Switzerland - Kofmehl

      Drummer Freddy Steady left KROKUS in May 2011 because he "concluded that he really wanted to play music just for fun in small clubs rather than conquering the world, playing arenas on huge stages with pyro props, etc.," according to guitarist Fernando Von Arb.

      KROKUS will release its new album, "Dirty Dynamite", on February 22, 2013 via Sony Music.

      Sony Music is offering a free download of the title track at this location (e-mail sign-up required). It was the last song that was recorded at Abbey Road Studios in London, England at 5 o'clock in the morning. Bassist Chris Von Rohr added some honky tonk piano licks on the original "Lady Madonna" piano at the studio.

      "Dirty Dynamite" marks the return of KROKUS guitarist Mandy Meyer after 30 years.

      Chris Von Rohr, along with vocalist Marc Storace, recently laid down bass and vocal tracks at London, England's Abbey Road Studios for the band's 17th album, "Dirty Dynamite". Sound engineer for the recording sessions is again Dennis Ward, who also recorded the band's last album, "Hoodoo".

      KROKUS 2012 is:

      Marc Storace - Vocals
      Chris Von Rohr - bass
      Fernando Von Arb - Lead Guitar
      Mark Kohler - Rhythm Guitar
      Mandy Meyer – Guitar

      SPV/Steamhammer has set an April 29, 2013 release date for the as-yet-untitled new album from German thrash metal veterans SODOM. The band is currently recording 12 songs with producer Waldemar Sorychta (GRIP INC., ENEMY OF THE SUN).

      SODOM's latest CD, "In War And Pieces", entered the German Media Control chart at position No. 64.

      SODOM in 2010 parted ways with drummer Bobby Schottkowski due to "personal and private problems between Tom and Bobby," according to a statement released by the band.

      SODOM's current drummer, Markus Freiwald, previously played for the German bands DESPAIR and FLAMING ANGER and was involved with the VOODOOCULT project. In addition, he played percussion as a session musician on the MOONSPELL album "Irreligious" and is featured on the 1996 LP "Triarchy Of The Lost Lovers" by Greek extreme metallers ROTTING CHRIST.

      Bushido Brazil and Bamberg recently released the SEPULTURA Weizen beer to celebrate the 25 years of the legendary Brazilian/American thrash metal band. The drink is said to have "a turbidity caused by natural yeast in suspension" and "aroma and flavors of banana and clove from a special strain of yeast that produces the chemicals that lead to these perceptions."

      SEPULTURA's 12th studio album, and Nuclear Blast Records debut, "Kairos", hit stores in July 2011.

      21-year-old drummer Eloy Casagrande joined SEPULTURA last year as the replacement for Jean Dolabella, who left the band because he could no longer handle being away from home for long periods of time.
      http://www.blabbermouth.net/soulflypremiere/sepbeer253.jpg

      Vocalist Jesse Leach of Massachusetts metallers KILLSWITCH ENGAGE announced during the band's performance last night (Sunday, December 16) at the Music Hall Of Williamsburg in Brooklyn, New York that their new studio album will be released in April 2013 via Roadrunner Records. The CD was recorded by KILLSWITCH ENGAGE guitarist Adam Dutkiewicz, an acclaimed producer who has previously worked with ALL THAT REMAINS, THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA and AS I LAY DYING, among others. The mixing sessions were overseen by veteran British producer Andy Sneap (MEGADETH, TESTAMENT, EXODUS, ACCEPT, ARCH ENEMY, NEVERMORE).

      KILLSWITCH ENGAGE's forthcoming album will mark the return of Leach, who rejoined the group earlier this year following the departure of Howard Jones after nine years and three successful albums.

      "[The recording process] was great," Leach told Loudwire. "I came off tour I was filled with energy, ready to go, we knocked out a bunch of stuff. I had joined the band, the record was there, we're on tour so I really didn't have time to write. I took the past two months not only recording but writing so I'm there with an idea, being in the other room writing and going to Adam saying, 'Here's my idea I just wrote, what do you think?' So there's real spontaneity some of the songs that we just finished up. I had maybe five or six solid ideas when I came off tour and the rest had to be developed as we were recording it. It was exciting but at the same time tough because for me I'm digging deep down into my emotions and my psyche trying to come up with stuff that is honest and emotive and relevant, hopefully for the listener. It's tiring but well worth, anything that's worth achieving you got to suffer a little bit for it. I think mentally and spiritually and a little bit physically we were suffering but all of that made for an amazing record that I'm really proud of."

      He added, "The music is definitely the fastest KILLSWITCH record ever. It's very heavy but still maintains the signature KILLSWITCH hooky, melodic stuff there, too. There's definitely melody attached, but I pulled out some new styles vocally, yelling and screaming and growling and layers and it sounds massive."

      Asked what the vibe has been working on the new record with the other members, Leach said, "These guys have welcomed me back with open arms and just very encouraging and digging the stuff that I'm doing and these guys were just like, 'Wow! We're really excited. We feel like it's been a long time since we've been this excited about music,' and that just makes me feel amazing. It makes me feel like I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing."

      KILLSWITCH ENGAGE fans have already had the opportunity to hear one of the cuts that will appear on the upcoming CD: a rough mix of the song "No End In Sight" was recently leaked online, and as a result the band has started playing it live.

      "That song is the weakest song on the whole record," Leach told Loudwire. "That's my opinion. I actually almost wouldn't mind if it wasn't even on the record because I think other stuff is much better, but probably since we played it and fans know it, we'll put it on, but in my opinion, that's definitely the weakest song. Now that the record is done, in retrospect, that would not be the song that we would be playing live."

      Leach sang on the band's first self-titled album, which came out in 2000, and on their landmark release, 2002's genre-defining "Alive Or Just Breathing".
      http://www.blabbermouth.net/soulflypremiere/killswitch2012logo.jpg

      LAMB OF GOD frontman Randy Blythe says that he has "never been more disgusted with an audience" in his life more than he was this past Friday, December when his band performed in Medford, Oregon.

      After Randy apparently called for 60 seconds of silence during LAMB OF GOD's set to honor the victims of the recent Connecticut school shooting, several people reportedly failed to comply, prompting Blythe to take to his Instagram account and voice his displeasure.

      "I have never been more disgusted with an audience in my life. I wish we hadn't played," he wrote.

      "We, LAMB OF GOD, asked for sixty seconds of silence during our first set break to honor the dead children and teachers in Connecticut. It seemed appropriate — it's a goddamned national TRAGEDY.

      "Most of the crowd complied, but several didn't, some cursing and even laughing.

      "I wanted to walk off stage.

      "I am so disgusted right now.

      "If you were one of those who wouldn't shut up for SIXTY LOUSY SECONDS to honor twenty MURDERED CHILDREN, go look in the mirror. You are looking at a piece of shit. Your parents are obviously pieces of shit too, because they raised you to behave with no dignity.

      "To the fans who were respectful, I thank you. I am also sorry you have so many goddamned assholes in your community. You should do something about that.

      "This shit would not have happened at a LAMB OF GOD show where I live, and that is a FACT. We have more manners.

      "I am just disgusted. Thoroughly DIGUSTED. You yelling people give metal a band name. Screw that, you give humanity a bad name. Grow up. Your parents should have beaten some manners into you, you savage little beasts.

      "With that, I will go to bed, say a prayer for those suffering, and hope for a better day tomorrow, because tonight SUCKED."

      The mass shooting at a Connecticut elementary school on Friday resulted in the deaths of twenty-eight people, including 20 schoolchildren. It was the second-deadliest school shooting in U.S. history, behind the 2007 Virginia Tech mass shooting that left 32 dead.

      Finnish heavy metal monsters LORDI have inked a deal with AFM Records. The Hamburg, Germany-based label will release the band's new album, "To Beast Or Not To Beast", on March 8 worldwide (excluding Finland and USA).

      According to a press release, "All fans can look forward to a masterpiece full of huge hard rock and metal anthems in typical LORDI style!"

      "To Beast Or Not To Beast" was recorded earlier this fall at WireWorld Studio in Nashville, Tennessee with renowned producer Michael Wagener (METALLICA, OZZY OSBOURNE, SKID ROW, DOKKEN, RAVEN, MEGADETH). The CD will mark the recording debut of LORDI's new members, keyboardist Hella (who replaced Awa) and drummer Mana (as the replacement for Kita).

      A photo of the new LORDI lineup can be seen below.

      LORDI previously worked with Wagener on 2010's "Babez For Breakfast", which sold around 1,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release. The CD landed at position No. 43 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200.
      British heavy metal singer Blaze Bayley (IRON MAIDEN, WOLFSBANE) will release his upcoming collaborative acoustic EP with Belgium-based classical guitarist Thomas Zwijsen, "Russian Holiday" on February 5. The effort, which is available for pre-order in Basic, Silver (name mentioned in the booklet) and Gold (name mentioned in the booklet and a limited edition t-shirt) packages, features four re-arranged songs from previous albums and one brand new song written by Bayley and Zwijsen.

      As previously reported, Blaze and Thomas have started a competition for the CD's cover artwork. Fans that are creative and want to be part of this EP can send their creation to management@... before December 22. The winning artwork will be used on the cover and winner will be mentioned inside the booklet. He/she will also receive a free signed copy of the EP. The winning artwork will have to be available in high definition in order to be eligible.

      "Russian Holiday" is expected to include a "full classical guitar arrangement" of the IRON MAIDEN song "Sign Of The Cross", which the duo performed on their recent U.K. acoustic tour.

      Zwijsen previously recorded an acoustic IRON MAIDEN tribute album called "Nylon Maiden", which featured a guest appearance by Bayley on a cover version of "The Clansman".

      Zwijsen is one of the musicians who backed Bayley on Blaze's most recent European "The King Of Metal" tour.

      Professionally filmed video footage of Bayley and Zwijsen performing an acoustic set on July 27 at The Asylum in Birmingham, England can be seen below.

      The setlist was as follows:

      01. Lord Of The Flies (IRON MAIDEN)
      02. The Launch
      03. Truth Is Revealed
      04. Meant To Be
      05. Stare At The Sun
      06. I Like It Hot (WOLFSBANE)
      07. One More Step
      08. Man On The Edge (IRON MAIDEN)
      09. Como Estais Amigos (IRON MAIDEN)
      10. Doctor Doctor (UFO)

      Bayley's new studio album, "The King Of Metal", was released in March. The CD was recorded at Fear Studio in Ravenna, Italy.

      The 49-year-old Bayley, who was born in Birmingham, was the original frontman in WOLFSBANE, but left in 1994 to replace Bruce Dickinson as the lead singer of IRON MAIDEN.

      METAL MONARCHS, the Gothenburg, Sweden-based all-star heavy metal tribute band featuring members of HAMMERFALL, DESTINY, DREAMLAND and DRAGONLAND, will reunite to play a number of shows during 2013.

      METAL MONARCHS has been on hiatus for a couple of years, mainly due to HAMMERFALL's hectic schedule, since appearing at the fabulous all-metal Christmas show "Hells Jingle Bells" along with Joacim Cans (HAMMERFALL) and others.

      "Now it's time to take the classic metal to the masses again," says the band.

      Expect brilliant performances of your favorites by JUDAS PRIEST, IRON MAIDEN, PRETTY MAIDS, HELLOWEEN, DIO, MANOWAR and also some lesser-known songs that deserve recognition.

      METAL MONARCHS 2013:

      Jonas Heidgert (DRAGONLAND, DESTINY) - Vocals
      Oscar Dronjak (HAMMERFALL) - Guitar
      Eric Rauti (DREAMLAND, TORCH) - Guitar
      Mats Rendlert (DREAMLAND, SANDALINAS) - Bass
      Jesse Lindskog (DRAGONLAND) – Drums
      A PALE HORSE NAMED DEATH, the band featuring Brooklyn, New York native Sal Abruscato — who played drums on three TYPE O NEGATIVE albums ("Slow, Deep & Hard", "Origin Of The Feces", "Bloody Kisses"), as well as four LIFE OF AGONY releases ("River Runs Red", "Ugly", "River Runs Again", "Broken Valley") — on guitar and vocals, will release its sophomore album on May 27, 2013 via Steamhammer/SPV. The group has once again commissioned famed artist Sam Shearon (a.k.a. Mister-Sam; ROB ZOMBIE, FEAR FACTORY, RAMMSTEIN) to create the artwork for the as-yet-untitled CD.

      Regarding the musical direction of A PALE HORSE NAMED DEATH's forthcoming album, Abruscato states: "The sound has evolved and become a bit more orchestrated. More harmony work has been done on this album, including new elements such as a Hammond B3 organ and piano. To me, the album has an even darker sound and feel than the first one."

      He continues: "The new album is a natural progression in songwriting and vocals yet keeping continuity with the first album musically and artistically. Fans of our first album will find all the traits they love melded with even bigger production and mastering.

      "Ted Jensen of Sterling Sound will be mastering the album."

      A PALE HORSE NAMED DEATH's debut album, "And Hell Will Follow Me", came out last year.

      The band made its live debut on February 20, 2011 at the Starland Ballroom in Sayreville, New Jersey as the support act for MONSTER MAGNET and SEVENTH VOID.

      A PALE HORSE NAMED DEATH is:

      Sal Abruscato - Lead Vocals, Guitar
      Matt Brown – Guitar, Backing Vocals
      Johnny Kelly - Drums
      Eric Morgan - Bass
      Eddie Heedles - Guitar

      For more information, visit www.apalehorsenameddeath.com.

      California rockers L.A. GUNS have announced the addition of guitarist Frankie Wilsey to the group's ranks.

      Commented the band: "We first met [Frankie] back in 2007 when he was playing in Stephen Pearcy's band, ARCADE, on the Rock Never Stops tour. Frankie spent more time on our bus than his own, impressing us with hours of classic bootleg videos from the '70s and '80s. He was clearly a rock aficionado, truly a scholar and a gentleman.

      "Frankie's been playing guitar since 1977. He formed his first band, HEAD ON, in San Francisco in '81 and then went on to form the hometown Bay Area champions SEA HAGS in '88. He moved to Los Angeles in the early '90s, where he teamed up with Stephen Pearcy of RATT and Fred Coury of CINDERELLA to form ARCADE. In addition to lots of sessions in Los Angeles, Frankie recently toured with legendary singer John Waite and also had a residency in Las Vegas as Joe Perry in the definitive AEROSMITH tribute band AEROMYTH.

      "Frankie joins [L.A. GUNS] with guns blazing, ready to tour the world and get involved in writing and recording new original material."

      Says Frankie: "I met Phil [Lewis, vocals] and Steve [Riley, drums] years ago, traveling down this road. Found out they're blessed with classic-rock style and a road-warrior ethic that is rare in this weakling world of music.

      "I have to say I think this is a very good matchup. Let's hope the fans feel the same."

      Due to "extenuating circumstances and musical differences," guitarist Stacey Blades announced his departure from L.A. GUNS last week.

      Blades played on four L.A. GUNS albums: "Rips The Covers Off" (2004), "Tales Trom The Strip" (2005), "Loud And Dangerous: Live From Hollywood" (2006) and "Hollywood Forever" (2012). He also authored a book, "Confessions Of A Replacement Rockstar", which was published in 2009.

      Las Vegas, Nevada-based rockers ESCAPE THE FATE have inked a deal with Eleven Seven Music. The band's new album will be released in the spring. The CD was co-produced by John Feldman, Monte Money and Brandon Saller (ATREYU) and was mixed by Josh Wilbur.

      A 25-second teaser for the new ESCAPE THE FATE song "Ungrateful" is available below.

      Comments ESCAPE THE FATE frontman Craig Mabbitt: "We are excited to be working with Allen and all the people at Eleven Seven Music and having Monster partner with us in 2013! We are stoked to get shit rolling again and we are thankful for all our fans that have stuck with us during this down time. We hope everyone is ready to go hard with us in 2013."

      Adds Eleven Seven Music EVP Joe McFadden: "We are extremely excited to have signed ESCAPE THE FATE. We've been watching them for some time now and we look forward to working with them as they define the future of rock and roll."

      As part of a new partnership with Monster Energy Drink, ESCAPE THE FATE will take over the Sunset Strip in Los Angeles for the day on January 6, culminating in a free show at The Roxy Theatre. A limited quantity of wristbands for the show will be available at SoundCheck Hollywood beginning Friday, December 21. Festivities throughout the day with the band will include an ESCAPE THE FATE store takeover at SoundCheck Hollywood with an autograph signing, a VIP pizza party at the Rainbow, a party in the Green Room, an after party at On The Rox, many contests and more.

      Says Arms Division Management's Danny Wimmer: "We are excited to have ESCAPE THE FATE join and partner with these two great companies. We could not have asked for better partners who continue to support rock and roll like Eleven Seven Music and Monster Energy."

      Bassist Victor Cito Borge has quit the Norwegian/British hard rock band TNT in order to pursue another project.

      In a statement, Borge said: "After seven and a half years as a bass player in TNT, I have decided to accept another offer from [January 1]. My best wishes and good luck to the boys in the band and crew for the future! And not least, thanks to all of you who have been so incredibly positive and great support for me during my time in TNT!"

      TNT's latest album, "A Farewell To Arms", was released in Japan in December 2010 via Avalon/Marquee and in Europe (excluding Norway) in January 2011 through Metal Heaven. The CD was produced by TNT guitar player Ronni Le Tekrö at his Studio Studio, and the songs were mainly written by Tekrö and TNT's British vocalist Tony Mills (ex-SHY).

      Ex-TNT singer Tony Harnell rejoined his former bandmates for their 30th-anniversary concert on June 2 at the Clarion Hotel in Trondheim, Norway. The group performed a special setlist while accompanied by the Trondheim Symphony Orchestra (Trondheim Symfoniorkester). Also making a special appearance with the band was TNT's original singer, Dag Ingebrigtsen.

      FOZZY and STUCK MOJO guitarist Rich Ward has issued the following update:

      "If you live in or around the Atlanta area, I am going to be at Atlanta Vintage Guitars in Woodstock from noon until 6 p.m. on Wednesday the 19th of December. I am proclaiming this event 'The Guitar Geeks' Summit.' Nothing structured, just a bunch of tone seekers talking shop, plugging guitars into amps, and swapping tricks of the trade. I'll have a couple of my favorite guitars with me, my 75 Explorer, Moderne, and Zakk Wylde Camo Protopype, if you want to check them out. I'll also have my touring Laney setup with me as well, which you can play your favorite VAN HALEN or SABBATH riffs though, if you'd like. So come out and we can celebrate tone and the riff, and discuss how one can't exist without the other!"

      The lead single from FOZZY's new album, "Sin And Bones", "Sandpaper" features guest vocals by M. Shadows of AVENGED SEVENFOLD. Directed by Sean McEwen, the accompanying video is inspired by horror classic "Evil Dead", with Shadows playing the role of FOZZY's evil puppet master.

      "Sin And Bones" sold around 3,400 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 143 on the Billboard 200 chart. The CD landed at position No. 1 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200.
      http://www.blabbermouth.net/soulflypremiere/wardvintage.jpg

      Keith Deen, former vocalist of 1980s Los Angeles thrashers HOLY TERROR, died on Thursday, December 13 after a three-month battle with cancer. He was 56 years old.

      HOLY TERROR was formed in the mid-1980s by Kurt Colfelt (a.k.a. Kurt Kilfelt; ex-AGENT STEEL) and ex-DARK ANGEL drummer Jack Schwarz, who left before the release of the band's first album, 1987's "Terror And Submission". A follow-up effort, "Mind Wars", was issued in 1988.

      Stated Colfelt: "With the loss of Keith Deen, a part of me is gone as well."

      After resurrecting HOLY TERROR in 2005, Colfelt revealed that he "attempted to get in touch" with Deen about having him front the band again but that Keith's non-response was a clear signal that the singer was not interested in taking part in the group's reunion.

      A HOLY TERROR DualDisc release, "El Revengo", came out in 2006 through the U.K.-based label Blackend Records. The DVD side on the DualDisc featured live footage as well as the "Judas Reward" video.

      2013 will be a busy year for Berlin, Germany's THE OCEAN. The band will release a new album on April 30 (one day earlier internationally) via Metal Blade Records.

      To support the the follow-up to the "Heliocentric" and "Anthropocentric" CD (2010), THE OCEAN will embark on a three-week European tour with CULT OF LUNA in April and May, including an appearnace at the Roadburn festival on April 20 in Tilburg, Holland.

      THE OCEAN's new album will be a single-disc release containing 52 minutes of new music. It will be mixed by Jens Bogren (OPETH, KATATONIA) in January and will come in two versions: instrumental and with vocals.

      Comments THE OCEAN's Robin Staps: "The album was originally written to be instrumental, but in the end, me and Loic couldn't help but try out a few things vocal-wise and we soon got pretty excited... So there will be vocals on the album. However, we want everyone to have both versions, and we are also planning to perform the album live that way — with and without vocals."

      The special edition of the album will be released along with a film by Craig Murray (NINE INCH NAILS).

      THE OCE

      (Message over 64 KB, truncated)