Rush, Guns N Roses, Motorhead, Queensryche, Iced Earth, Volbeat, and tons more hard rock and heavy metal news

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 12, 2012
      Canadian rock legends RUSH were announced as one of next year's inductees into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame on Tuesday, along with PUBLIC ENEMY, HEART, Randy Newman, Donna Summer and Albert King. Summer, who passed away this May, and King, who died in 1992, will earn the honor posthumously. Lou Adler and Quincy Jones will both receive the Ahmet Ertegun Award for non-performers.

      "It's a terrific honor and we'll show up smiling," RUSH's singer and bassist, Geddy Lee, tells RollingStone.com. "It made my mom happy, so that's worth it." Lee is especially happy for RUSH's army of hardcore fans. "It was a cause they championed," he says. "I'm very relieved for them and we share this honor with them, for sure."

      RUSH has been eligible for the honor since 1999, 25 years after the release of the band's self-titled debut album.

      "I never really cared if it happened or not, to be honest with you," RUSH guitarist Alex Lifeson told the Canadian Press. "It doesn't change anybody's life at the end of the day. Are we going to become more popular? Are we going to sell more records? Are more people going to come to the shows? I don't know. We're quite happy where we are and with what we've accomplished.

      "So we continue to do the kind of work we want to do and we will continue regardless of our induction or not," he added. "I think at the end of the day, really, what this is about is making our fans feel like their support has been worthy."

      "If there's one band in the history of rock music that's deserved the acknowledgment of getting into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, it's RUSH," said Sam Dunn, co-director of the 2010 Grammy-nominated documentary "Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage". "Here's a band that has been making creative and unique music for over 40 years now, has a massive fanbase around the world ... (and) they continue to be one of the best live bands on the planet.

      "I think there's a bunch of good reasons why they deserve this achievement."

      "The progressive movement is not something the founders of the Hall Of Fame are too keen on," Lifeson told the Canadian Press. "But it seems to be changing. If you look at this year's nominees, it's really quite an eclectic group.... I kind of like the idea that it is becoming broader and more areas of popular music are being included. And so therefore at some point in the near future, progressive music will start being included."

      According to Lifeson, the Rock Hall induction would pale in comparison to the band's having received one of the prestigious Governor General's Performing Arts Awards for Lifetime Artistic Achievement in March, the highest honor bestowed on artists by the Canadian government.

      "The acknowledgement we got from the Canadian government, and by extension Canadians, is very dear to us," Lifeson said. "The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame is more a popularity contest."

      The April 18, 2013 event is set for Nokia Theater in Los Angeles, marking the first time the ceremony will be held in the city since 1993. HBO will tape the show for broadcast at a later date.
      Michael Brandvold Marketing has announced its newest client, GUNS N' ROSES lead guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal. Michael Brandvold Marketing will be helping guide Ron's online marketing and e-commerce efforts.

      Said Ron: "I am looking forward to working with Michael Brandvold Marketing. Michael's experience over the years working with artist web sites, fan communities and online stores is a perfect fit for all my expanding online activities. I am excited to have him join the Bumblefoot team."

      Bumblefoot has 20 years of releasing music, international festivals and headlining solo tours, and covers of guitar magazines. Bumblefoot's latest releases were an innovative song-a-month series that include transcriptions and backing tracks for guitarists and recording stems for remixers, including a cover of "The Pink Panther Theme" featuring members of GUNS N' ROSES. Lead guitarist of GUNS N' ROSES since 2006, Bumblefoot has toured sold-out shows in over 40 countries, headlining festivals with crowds of 150,000. Bumblefoot's unique "fretless guitar" can be heard throughout GN'R's "Chinese Democracy" album.

      Bumblefoot has collaborated as a songwriter/producer with many artists, his music often heard in TV, film and video games including theme songs to Spike TV's "MXC" and VH1 Classic's "That Metal Show", "So You Think You Can Dance", Oprah Winfrey, ESPN, UFC, WWE, NFL, dozens of MTV/VH1 shows and more. Bumblefoot has appeared on stage with Joe Satriani, Nancy Sinatra, Chris Jericho and FOZZY, Cyndi Lauper, members of BADFINGER, Paul McCartney & WINGS, and on recordings with diverse artists such as DREAM THEATER's Jordan Rudess, ANVIL's Steve "Lips" Kudlow, Jessica Simpson, rapper Scarface, comedian Don Jamieson and many more.

      Studying music since age 7, he began teaching at age 13 and for the last 10 years has taught music production at SUNY Purchase College. He teaches master-classes at schools and venues around the world, and has been a guest music coach on MTV's "Made".

      Bumblefoot is continuously donating songs and performances to fundraising CDs, often making appearances and donating autographed items for charities. He often performs at events for medical research, disaster relief, and children's health issues, visiting patients at children's hospitals all over the world with guitar in hand.

      Upcoming projects in 2013 include accompanying vocalist Tony Harnell & THE WILDFLOWERS on acoustic guitar, releasing his own line of Bumblefoot hot sauces.
      MOTÖRHEAD has been forced to cancel tonight's (Tuesday, December 11) concert in Kempten, Germany after the band's frontman, Ian Fraser "Lemmy" Kilmister, came down with the flu.

      MOTÖRHEAD will enter the studio in January with longtime producer Cameron Webb to begin recording its next album for a mid-2013 release. "We'll go into the rehearsal room about a month before the album and just bang stuff out," Lemmy told Billboard.com.

      In a recent interview with Artisan News, MOTÖRHEAD drummer Mikkey Dee stated about the band's plans for a new CD, "We have a lot of songs done already. It's not finished. We're gonna keep writing and we'll record it next year, and it will come out next year."

      MOTÖRHEAD released "The Wörld Is Ours – Vol 2: Anyplace Crazy As Anywhere Else" in Germany on September 21, three days later in the rest of Europe and October 9 in North America via UDR/EMI. The follow-up to 2011's "The Wörld Is Ours – Vol 1: Everywhere Further Than Everyplace Else" features the band's 2011 Wacken Open Air headline appearance as well as highlights from Sonisphere (United Kingdom) and Rock In Rio (Brazil) shows.

      MOTÖRHEAD's latest album, "The Wörld Is Yours", sold 7,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 94 on The Billboard 200 chart. The band's previous effort, "Motörizer", premiered with 6,400 units back in 2008 to debut at No. 82, while 2006's "Kiss Of Death" registered a first-week tally of 3,500.
      QUEENSRŸCHE guitarist Michael Wilton will take part in a meet-and-greet at Naked Dave's Music in Tempe, Arizona on December 29 between 5:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.

      For more information, see the flyer below.

      The Todd La Torre-fronted version of QUEENSRŸCHE has finished recording the drums for its new album at London Bridge Studios in Seattle, Washington with producer James "Jimbo" Barton — the man who engineered and mixed the band's classic 1988 LP, "Operation: Mindcrime", and its 1990 follow-up, "Empire", and co-produced 1994's "Promised Land". The rest of the music and vocals will be laid down over the coming weeks at several different facilities on the West Coast. An early 2013 release via an as-yet-undetermined record label is expected.
      ICED EARTH's August 19 concert at the ancient Kourion Amphitheater, outside Limassol in Cyprus, was professionally filmed and recorded for an upcoming CD/DVD release. 1,500 fans witnessed the show, which ran for three hours and featured on-stage scenery and artwork that was uniquely created for this special event. Veteran producer Jim Morris of Morrisound Studios (ICED EARTH, SEPULTURA, MORBID ANGEL, DEATH, SAVATAGE) flew in from Tampa, Florida to supervise the entire audio section with the help of the ToneDeaf Recording Studio.

      In a brand new posting on the band's Facebook page, ICED EARTH mainman/guitarist Jon Schaffer writes, "We are locked and loaded and ready to roll out for the final leg of the Dystopia World Tour.

      "The 'Live In Ancient Kourion' DVD will be released in early April, so I thought I would share the artwork with you.

      "Nathan Perry and Felipe Machado Franco teamed up once again to bring you this kick-ass image.

      "There is a lot of good things coming your way next year so stay tuned for updates.

      "Now dust off your leather jackets and come out and RAGE with us during these upcoming shows!"

      The setlist for ICED EARTH's August 19 concert was as follows:

      01. Dystopia
      02. Burning Times
      03. Angel Holocaust
      04. Slave To The Dark
      05. V
      06. When The Night Falls
      07. I Died For You
      08. Invasion
      09. Motivation Of Man
      10. Setian Massacre
      11. Stormrider
      12. Pure Evil
      13. Wolf
      14. Dark City
      15. End Of Innocence
      16. Dracula
      17. Ten Thousand Strong
      18. End Of Innocence
      19. Anthem
      20. Decleration Day
      21. Days Of Rage
      22. Melancholy (Holy Martyr)

      Encore 1:

      23. In Sacred Flames
      24. Boiling Point
      25. Damien
      26. Watching Over Me
      27. Dantes Inferno
      28. Iced Earth

      Encore 2:

      29. The Hunter
      Danish metal rock 'n' rollers VOLBEAT will embark on a North American headlining tour in the spring. The trek, which will feature support from DANKO JONES, will kick off on March 6 in Dallas, Texas.

      Confirmed dates:

      Mar. 06 - Dallas, TX - Palladium Ballroom
      Mar. 07 - Oklahoma City, OK - Diamond Ballroom
      Mar. 09 - San Antonio, TX - Freeman Coliseum
      Mar. 10 - El Paso, TX - Speaking Rock Entertainment Center
      Mar. 11 - Lubbock, TX - Lonestar Pavilion
      Mar. 12 - Denver, CO - Ogden Theatre
      Mar. 14 - Las Vegas, NV - House of Blues at Mandalay Bay
      Mar. 15 - Los Angeles, CA - House of Blues
      Mar. 16 - Anaheim, CA - House of Blues
      Mar. 17 - Reno, NV - Knitting Factory
      Mar. 19 - Boise, ID - Revolution Center
      Mar. 20 - Missoula, MT - The Wilma Theater
      Mar. 22 - Seattle, WA - Showbox At The Market
      Mar. 23 - Spokane, WA - Knitting Factory
      Mar. 24 - Calgary, AB - MacEwen Hall
      Mar. 25 - Prince George, BC - CN Centre
      Mar. 27 - Dawson Creek, BC - EnCana Events Centre
      Mar. 28 - Edmonton, AB - Shaw Conference Centre
      Mar. 30 - Regina, SA - Brandt Centre
      Apr. 01 - Saskatoon, SA - Credit Union Center
      Apr. 02 - Winnipeg, MB - MTS Centre
      Apr. 06 - Ft. Wayne, IN - Piere's
      Apr. 09 - New York, NY - Best Buy Theatre
      Apr. 10 - Baltimore, MD - Rams Head
      Apr. 11 - Philadelphia, PA - Trocadero

      VOLBEAT last year parted ways with guitarist Thomas Bredahl, who had been a member of the band since 2006. He has since been replaced on the road by MERCYFUL FATE's Hank Shermann

      VOLBEAT's fourth album, "Beyond Hell/Above Heaven", has sold 170,000 copies in the United States since its December 2010 release, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The CD was once again recorded at Hansen Studios in Ribe, Denmark with producer Jacob Hansen. The cover artwork was created by illustrator Karsten Wrysand.

      VOLBEAT last year released "Live From Beyond Hell/Above Heaven" via Vertigo/Universal on double DVD, Blu-ray, limited double DVD + audio CD, CD, digital download and VOD. The set included footage from VOLBEAT's sold-out show in front of 10,000 fervent fans at the Forum in Copenhagen, to the House of Blues in Anaheim, California and the Rock Am Ring show in Germany.
      GREAT WHITE FEATURING JACK RUSSELL (formerly JACK RUSSELL'S GREAT WHITE) will perform at an invitation-only event at the Peavey store in Hollywood, California on December 20. The concert — which will be a full set featuring all of the GREAT WHITE hits — will be broadcast live at Stickam beginning at 8 p.m.

      In other news, GREAT WHITE FEATURING JACK RUSSELL will release a free download of their performance at this year's Sunset Strip Music Festival at the legendary venue Whisky A Go Go in Hollywood. The concert featured appearances by original GREAT WHITE drummer Gary Holland, former GREAT WHITE bass player Tony Montana and several other musician friends. This marked the first time GREAT WHITE appeared at the famous venue in over thirty years, since the very beginning of their career. The download will feature live performance footage along with backstage footage, interviews with the band members and more.

      For more information, visit www.jacksgreatwhite.com.
      Bassist Mat Sinner of German power metallers PRIMAL FEAR has issued the following update:

      "We're working hard on the future of the band at the moment. Aside of the two shows at the year's end, we can announce today that we will sign a new recording contract soon. Our target are two new studio recordings and a new live DVD/CD/Blu-ray package. After next year's Rock Meets Classic tour (featuring four members of the band), we will start with the songwriting for the new album and we have a lot of great riffs and even an album title in mind. Recordings will take place in July/August 2013. Stay tuned for more updates soon!"

      PRIMAL FEAR's latest album, "Unbreakable", sold around 600 copies in the United States in its first week of release. The CD landed at position No. 44 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200.

      Released on January 24, 2012 in the U.S. via Frontiers Records, "Unbreakable" was tracked in part at House Of Music studios in Winterbach, Germany with producer/bassist Mat Sinner and engineer Achim Köhler (EDGUY, MASTERPLAN).
      Italian symphonic power metallers RHAPSODY OF FIRE have inked a worldwide deal with AFM Records.

      The band's signature sound, consisting of power metal, soundtrack-like elements and classical influences, gave a new meaning to the word "epic" since the release of "Legendary Tales" in 1997.

      Commented RHAPSODY OF FIRE: "After playing the 'From Chaos To Eternity' world tour 2012 all around Europe, Canada, North America and Latin America, we became even more excited and motivated to continue building our career and creating new exciting music. So now we are finally proud to announce that RHAPSODY OF FIRE signed with a great label such as AFM. That's a new great epic start and we already started working on different projects."

      RHAPSODY OF FIRE 2012 is:

      Fabio Lione - Vocals
      Alex Staropoli - Keyboards
      Roberto De Micheli - Guitar
      Tom Hess - Guitar
      Oliver Holzwarth - Bass
      Alex Holzwarth - Drums

      The new RHAPSODY OF FIRE lineup made its live debut on April 6 at the PPM Fest at the Lotto Mons Expo in Mons, Belgium.

      Staropoli and RHAPSODY OF FIRE guitarist Luca Turilli last year announced their decision to go their separate ways.

      Due to legal reasons, Staropoli is continuing under the RHAPSODY OF FIRE name. Turilli, on the other hand, is making his efforts available under the RHAPSODY moniker (RHAPSODY OF FIRE's original name), in which he is joined by guitarist Dominique Leurquin, bassist Patrice Guers, singer Alessandro Conti (TRICK OR TREAT) and drummer Alex Landenburg (AT VANCE, ANNIHILATOR, MEKONG DELTA, STRATOVARIUS).

      RHAPSODY OF FIRE's latest album, "From Chaos To Eternity", was released in North America on July 12, 2011 via Nuclear Blast Records. Described by the band as "the natural evolution" from 2010's "The Frozen Tears Of Angels", the CD marks RHAPSODY OF FIRE's final release based on the fantasy saga started in 1997 with the group's debut album, "Legendary Tales".
      Former METALLICA, VOIVOD and FLOTSAM AND JETSAM bassist Jason Newsted has posted a new one-minute video update from his recording studio in Walnut Creek, California where he is recording the first music from his new band.

      Commented Jason: "I've got a new heavy band together that bears my name — NEWSTED, like that — and I'm singing lead vocals and playing bass again. And we're busy working on our second batch of news songs that we'll be sharing with you soon, but our first batch of songs is ready to go. So instead of a standard press release, I would your help to get the word out to all metal fans and all our friends around the globe. So come along and join my crew by signing up at NewstedHeavyMetal.com to receive exclusive details on upcoming releases of our new songs."

      In a recent interview with Eddie Trunk's "Friday Night Rocks" radio show on New York's Q104.3 FM, Newsted stated about his plans to release original music via his newly launched official web site, "Whatever it ends up being — if it's five songs, 20 songs, 50 songs… I don't even know what the heck I'm gonna do. I have so much music from over the years. I have a bunch of new stuff, I have so many mixes of projects with people — new players, young players, old-school players like myself — so I'm just trying to figure out exactly what I wanna unleash on everybody first. That's kind of what it's coming down to — the timing of things and how I wanna hit people with it, and which stuff [to release first]."

      Asked how he plans to release his music, Jason said, "I see a couple of the old avenues still being there that will always be there in the purest form — making the vinyl and everybody having the special-edition vinyl to be able to read the lyrics, stuff like you and I loved the most, that's the closest to us that's the most endearing and the most personal. So that's always gonna be there and I never wanna dismiss that, so that will be percentage of it for the fans that really dig the real American kick-ass guitar music … And then the newest avenues that I'm just really now learning about as I expose myself to all this stuff… I saw a piece of one of ['That Metal Show' espisodes on VH1 Classic] and somebody talked about DOWN and some other bands doing four tracks at a time in EP form every few months, letting people have some fresh metal. I think that's a pretty good concept, a pretty good formula — I'm hip to that, [and] I'd like to warm up to that. Since it is new territory for me, I'm really open to that idea; I think it's a good way to spread stuff."

      Newsted married his longtime girlfriend Nicole Leigh Smith in October.

      In his acceptance speech at METALLICA's Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame induction in April 2009, Jason thanked Nicole — whom he referred to as "the love of my life" — for "standing by me through the last seven years of challenges and adventures."
      Metal Insider recently conducted an interview with Philip Anselmo (DOWN, PANTERA) and Bruce Corbitt (RIGOR MORTIS, WARBEAST) about "War Of The Gargantuas", a split EP featuring two previously unreleased WARBEAST songs and our first taste of Anselmo's solo material. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

      Metal Insider: I know you both have a long history together, but how did the idea of doing this split actually come together?

      Philip: I guess when WARBEAST was down here actually tracking [their new album] "Destroy", or maybe it was before that. It was always an idea, something that we wanted to do. After I recorded the bulk of my solo stuff, it was something I had brought up to Bruce. And actually, this is a long time coming now that I'm really remembering because the two songs that WARBEAST has on the split (a song called "Birth Of A Psycho" and also "IT") were recorded…geez, what three years ago, Bruce?

      Bruce: Over two years, yeah. I was going to mention that Philip sometimes gets these ideas way in advance. And at first he didn't remember it, but this was some idea he came up with like two and a half years ago, for us to record a couple of songs because he was writing his new material at the time. And the idea was "Let's do a split down the road. We don't know when it'll be." Here it is, over two years later and it's happening, but it's good that we planned ahead.

      Metal Insider: Philip, I know you've been working your solo debut, "Walk Through Exits Only", for a while now. Can you give us a breakdown of how the actual process of recording and writing occurred?

      Philip: Well, I was writing songs and I've been doing DOWN for a long time. When it comes to DOWN, there's no real surprises for any of us in the band. When we step into a room and the core members are there, what we write is going to sound like DOWN. I'm one who has always adventured in music, because music is a very vast place. And there's an extreme love in my heart for I guess what would be called extreme music, or heavy metal in general. So I wanted to basically just get this mad nagging out of my system, these songs, whatever they were going to turn out like. I think that coupled with figuring that I wrote all of these songs in my bedroom and whatnot, I didn't have a band, I didn't have anything going except for a bunch of riffs and ideas. And Bruce, believe it or not, suggested that I use the drummer from WARBEAST, who is affectionately known as "Blue." So Blue came aboard and I really helped shape things with him, and he really played his heart out for me, he did a great job. And I always had a guitar player in mind, and that's Marzi [Montazeri], an incredible guitar player I've known since the '80s. He was the guy I knew would be the "executor" as far as my ideas on guitar. I'm not a great guitar player by any means, but I'm creative. I write riffs aplenty. So I am a riffster, but once again I can't play and sing live at the same time. I just don't have the knack or talent for it. I feel pretty constrained with an instrument in my hand onstage. So I really need a guitar player so I can be myself up there with a microphone. And I guess all the other pieces are coming together slowly as far as members or who might do or play what. So it's still a work in progress, but the record is finished. It just needs to be mixed now, so we're in the mixing phase of that. I should start getting some mixes maybe even as early as late tonight [November 30]. It's something I can't wait for you experts out there to consume and figure it out. I'm not going to name it, I'm not going to say, "It's great!" I'm not going to say it's one thing or another. I'm going to let people decide for themselves, but it is a record that I guess I needed to do.

      Metal Insider: I know that this all came out of you working by yourself. But rather than billing it as "PHILIP ANSELMO & THE ILLEGALS," did you ever think about essentially creating a new moniker or band name for this project?

      Philip: That would, once again, be a whole other thing people would have to get into. And honestly, I was very selfish about this thing. I wanted the songs the way I wanted them, and the musicians were going to do it or they weren't going to do it. And luckily, they did it. So I'm the boss here as far as that solo stuff goes. And like I said, it's best to call it me so people know it's fucking me. Music fans are smart, and they delve into who actually played what in the band. So that will all come later. When guitar players are really digging what Marzi does, then he'll get love for sure. And Blue, like I said, really plays his ass off, so he'll get extra love as well. So I'm not worried about that at all.
      Bobby Rondinelli (RAINBOW, BLACK SABBATH), Greg Smith (TED NUGENT, ALICE COOPER, RAINBOW), Chris Slade (AC/DC, THE FIRM), Craig Goldy (DIO), Geoff Nicholls (BLACK SABBATH) and John Corabi (MÖTLEY CRÜE) have joined forces in the CLASSIC ROCK ALL STARS, a new supergroup which will embark on 10-show tour of Russia in February.

      Commented Corabi: "[I'm] really excited about [this] tour I'm doing with a great bunch of guys. We're doing ten shows throughout Russia, starting on February 1st in Moscow. Stay tuned for details."
      Zakk Wylde (BLACK LABEL SOCIETY, OZZY OSBOURNE), Morgan Rose (SEVENDUST, CALL ME NO ONE), Kevin Martin (CANDLEBOX, THE GRACIOUS FEW), John "JD" DeServio (BLACK LABEL SOCIETY, CYCLE OF PAN) and THE INFINITE STAIRCASE will team up to write and record a song in an effort to help raise money for the victims of Hurricane Sandy

      Architekt Music, the state-of-the-art recording facility where SEVENDUST recently tracked their upcoming album, "Black Out The Sun", and THE INFINITE STAIRCASE continue to record their new CD, located in Butler, New Jersey, has, along with recording engineer Mike Ferretti, graciously agreed to donate their services to help make this project come to fruition.

      The song will be released, as an iTunes exclusive, on January 8, 2013 via Vanity Music Group.

      Each musician involved in this project has very close ties to the New York and Jersey area, having either grown up there, having very close friends and family who currently live there, or in the cases of DeServio and Lenny and Jeff Cerzosie of THE INFINITE STAIRCASE, still residing in the storm-damaged areas.

      This storm has touched the lives of so many… Everyone's hearts are in the right place.

      Heading into the studio this week, expect more details on this project and its release to be announced shortly.
      Niclas Müller-Hansen of Sweden's Metalshrine recently conducted an interview with vocalist Jamey Jasta of Connecticut hardcore/metal masters HATEBREED. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

      Metalshrine: The new album ["The Divinity Of Purpose"], where did the title come from?

      Jamey Jasta: I wanted to have a title similar to "Satisfaction Is The Death Of Desire", which is like where it poses a question and people go, "What is that?" It makes you think and sparks a thought. There was a couple of different things that kinda inspired, all of which were something unfortunate, and someone we know who had gotten sentenced to eight years in jail. It was a situation that probably could have been avoided, but there's two sides to every story and for better or worse, it's someone we know and it's a shame because it could have been avoided and we don't get into situations like this because we have music. I thought, "Thank God music came into our lives when it did!" Because it was all like divine intervention. Same thing with my daughter. I was leaving to go on tour with AGNOSTIC FRONT in Europe and got to the airport and we basically imploded as a band, we broke up. I think we fired the drummer or the drummer quit and then our guitar player got into a fight with our old guitar player. None of these guys are in the band anymore. I went home and my father had just moved in with his girlfriend and they didn't even have furniture yet and I went to their place. They were like, "What are you doing here? You're supposed to be in Europe." and I just said "We broke up. We're not going to Europe." And they said, "Are you kidding me? This is a huge opportunity." I said, "It just wasn't meant to be." And then the phone rang and my girlfriend was, like, "I gotta talk to you!" She came over and she was crying and I knew something was up and she said, "I'm pregnant." So it was good that I didn't go to Europe, so I was there to kinda deal with the situation and then I had to tell my family and my father said, "You gotta move out!" The shit hit the fan. I was 20 and I had this band that was falling apart and that became the purpose. I started thinking about all these little things and it might have inspired the title. It's like, some people they find something that they love. I know a guy who's an engineer and it's his lifeblood. He loves his work and loves doing it. It's like a spiritual process for him with all his engineering and I can see that when you find it can be like almost a spiritual experience or a divine intervention pointing you in the right direction. We bounced around other titles but that one just kinda… because I already had the song I just felt that it was gonna work.

      Metalshrine: Do you ever get… what do you say… blocked, coming up with titles?

      Jamey Jasta: Yeah, and sometimes you wanna just, I don't wanna say dumb it down, but you wanna simplify it so that it's as palatable, as discernible as possible so people really get it. "Perserverance" was like, "Fuck it, people will say it's generic, but that's what I wanna call the record." And I think at the time we couldn't agree on the title so we were, like, "Yeah, that's fine. One word. Put it on a t-shirt, put in on a CD, it's fine!" But it worked because of what we had been through when we toured for four years and had problems and one guitar player, God rest his soul, he's not with us anymore, but he was going through a lot of problems at that time and it worked for that title. Then with "Rise Of Brutality", which was a real hardcore, crossover record, so we wanted it to be like… the world was in such a fucked up place post 9-11 and heavy music was in a good spot because people need an outlet, so that's a snapshot of that time. Maybe not the best record title, but it's a good snapshot of that time. With "Supremacy", it was like deconstructionism, let's take the word back. Supremacy over anxiety or depression or inner demons. "Why do all the racists get to use that word? Let's take it back!". But now with this, let's spark more of a thought.

      Metalshrine: Nuclear Blast then? What made you go German?

      Jamey Jasta: Honestly, everything with TESTAMENT and KREATOR. If you put out a great record, I don't wanna say it doesn't matter what logo you have on the back of it, but it does matter what people you have. The chain is only as strong as its weakest link, I really believe that. When "Rise Of Brutality" came out, they fired everybody. I joked around that there was like tumbleweed flying around every office. I was so hands on with that record and back then I had an assistant, a guy named Jay. He helped me tremendously on that one. He did the artwork at the very last minute. We had no graphics department, so he did everything. We said, "We need a poster for retail!" and I said, "Well, who do you have?" and they literally put the HATEBREED logo and they put the title in Impact font and I go, "Wow, this is your art department?" and they went, "Well, everybody's fired." That was the poster and people went, "Really, that's your poster for the album? It's just the logo on a black background.". I tried to tell people with Universal because people were telling us, "Oh, you're on a major label. It's gonna be cool. It's gonna be radio rock and you're gonna sell out." And I'm, like, "We do everything! We're the label. There's nobody there. Basically we're giving them something to distribute." They were more of a distributor than a label, so with Nuclear Blast, they're picking up where Roadrunner and eOne left off with the last two records. Look what they built for TESTAMENT and KREATOR? It's very impressive. Think about it! TESTAMENT charted higher than some Roadrunner records, and that's a big deal. I mean, they made a great record.
      BUTCHER BABIES will support MARILYN MANSON on a North American tour in January/February. A list of confirmed dates can be found on BUTCHER BABIES' Facebook page.

      BUTCHER BABIES recently signed a deal with Century Media Records. The band's full-length debut is scheduled for a summer 2013 release.

      Hailing from Los Angeles, the BUTCHER BABIES have emerged as one of the biggest draws on the Sunset Strip, their incendiary blend of heavy metal and horror-inspired theatrics inciting crowds worldwide.

      Fronted by Carla Harvey and Heidi Shepherd — named two of the year's "Hottest Women In Roc" by Revolver magazine — the blood-splattered band left its mark on the United Kingdom in June, appearing on the Download festival and supporting ANTHRAX in Cardiff. They returned to America as direct support for OTEP in fall, and wrapped up their first headlining tour last night in front of a hometown crowd at the Roxy on the Sunset Strip. The band — vocalists Harvey and Shepherd, guitarist Henry Flury, bassist Jason Klein and drummer Chris Warner — will perform with labelmates IN THIS MOMENT tonight in Las Vegas.

      The BUTCHER BABIES track "Axe Wound" is currently in rotation on SiriusXM Liquid Metal, and their short movie/video fo the track "Mr. Slowdeath" can be seen below.

      When asked by Revolver magazine why the BUTCHER BABIES refer to themselves as "slut metal" and what the hell "slut metal" exactly is, Shepherd said, "We can't go balls out — so we go tits out! When girls are perceived as sexual or outspoken, they get labeled sluts, but we embrace those qualities and bring them to our music as well. BUTCHER BABIES is true slut metal: We're doing what we want, how we want."

      On the topic of BUTCHER BABIES' goals, Harvey told Revolver, "To bring slut metal to the masses — duh! In all seriousness, we feel like we are just touching on what we are capable of, and we want to continue to grow, get our music out there, and get on the road! There are so many repressed people out there that need to see a show like ours. Hopefully they will take home with them the message that they are able to do everything they want to do regardless of who they are told they are supposed to be."
      Swedish sleaze rockers HARDCORE SUPERSTAR will release their new album, "C'mon Take On Me", in Europe on March 1, 2013 via Nuclear Blast Records. The follow-up to 2010's "Split Your Lip" was produced by the bandmembers themselves and mixed by Randy Staub (METALLICA, MÖTLEY CRÜE, THE CULT).

      The first single from the album, "One More Minute", can be streamed in the YouTube clip below. It is also available for free download from the Nuclear Blast web site.

      "C'mon Take On Me" will be made as a CD in slipcase, as a digital download, on black vinyl and on strictly limited pink vinyl (only available at the Nuclear Blast mailorder).

      Commented HARDCORE SUPERSTAR drummer Magnus "Adde" Andreasson: "We came up with the idea [for the 'C'mon Take On Me' cover] during the recordings of the album. It's just so sexy when a woman jumps into a drum kit — what could be more exciting? We discussed the concept with photographer Micke Johansson, who loved the idea. What we especially like about it is the combination of sex and bruises!"

      "C'mon Take On Me" track listing:

      01. Cutting The Slack
      02. C'mon Take On Me
      03. One More Minute
      04. Above The Law
      05. Are You Gonna Cry Now
      06. Stranger Of Mine
      07. Won't Take The Blame Pt. 1
      08. Won't Take The Blame Pt. 2 (Sect Meeting)
      09. Dead Man's Shoes
      10. Because Of You
      11. Too Much Business
      12. Long Time No See

      HARDCORE SUPERSTAR celebrated its 10th anniversary last year with a best-of album, "The Party Ain't Over 'Til We Say So". The collection contained songs from all the records that the band released between 2000 and 2010 along with a newly written track, "We Don't Need A Cure".

      "Split Your Lip" was released in Europe via Nuclear Blast Records except in Scandinavia, where it was made available through Gain Records.
      Progressive rock/metal band CYNIC will enter Perfect Sound studios in Hollywood, California later today (Tuesday, December 11) to begin recording its new album for an early 2013 release via Season Of Mist.

      In a February 2012 interview with Ireland's Molten magazine, CYNIC guitarist/vocalist Paul Masvidal stated about the musical direction of the band's new material, "It's almost like, I don't know how to explain it, but if I had to put it in a box it's more sci-fi, futuristic and alien but at the same time very song-driven. It's kind of like, to me, coming into CYNIC's body more. It feels very modern and at the same time it just feels really cool. I'm big in the space. It's definitely new. It's not like anything we've done before. It's a new color, a new space. I think people will really take note of even the guitar stuff. I'm really shifting gears, I'm trying things in a different way and the way stuff is played. It's a new space for CYNIC, for sure. It definitely sounds like us, except completely new."

      CYNIC's latest EP, "Carbon-Based Anatomy", was released in November 2011 via Season Of Mist. The CD artwork was designed by the great Robert Venosa, the artist behind the covers of CYNIC's previous releases "Focus", "Traced in Air" and "Re-Traced".

      All bass parts on "Carbon-Based Anatomy" were recorded by one-time CYNIC bassist Sean Malone.

      CYNIC was joined by Brandon Giffin on bass and Max Phelps on guitar and vocals during the group's North American and European tours in support of "Carbon-Based Anatomy".
      German progressive metallers DANTE have inke a deal with Massacre Records. The band's new album, "November Red", will be released on January 25, 2013.

      Commented the group: "This really is another step forward for us as a band, and we are all really excited to be part of the Massacre family now. We are all incredibly excited and are all looking forward to sharing our music with all you fellow metal- and prog-heads out there!"

      The track "The Lone And Level Sands", taken from the forthcoming CD, can be streamed in the YouTube clip below.

      Alexander Göhs - Vocals
      Markus Maichel - Keyboards/Piano
      Markus Berger - Guitar/Bass
      Christian Eichlinger - Drums/Orchestration
      Markus A. Bader – Guitar
      SOLUTION .45 — the Swedish/Finnish progressive metal "supergroup" which features in its ranks former SCAR SYMMETRY vocalist Christian Älvestam — has parted ways with bassist Anders Edlund. According to the band, "This is very much a mutual split, based on a mutual understanding. With that said, we'd like to thank Anders for his contributions and years in the band, wishing him good luck in his future endeavors. Although our musical journey ends, our friendship will stay intact."

      Regarding his decision to leave SOLUTION .45, Edlund said in a statement, "My private situation makes it impossible to put as much effort into this machinery needed and as I would want to in order to make the best possible outcome. And in order not to be a hindrance for the other guys on their journey I simply choose to stand aside."

      "I have the biggest respect for my Swedish and Finnish brothers in SOLUTION .45. I'm sure they will keep this machinery going and there are no hard feelings between us at all since this is a decision made through mutual understanding. I simply just want them to continue spreading the fabulous music of SOLUTION .45."

      SOLUTION .45's debut album, "For Aeons Past", was released in Europe in April 2010 and in North America one month later. The CD was recorded at Panic Room studios in with producer Tomas "Plec" Johansson and was made available in Japan through Marquee/Avalon. The album features lyrics written entirely by Mikael Stanne of DARK TRANQUILLITY. The cover artwork was created by Pär Olofsson.

      Guitarist Jani Stefanovic left SOLUTION .45 in 2010 for "personal reasons." He has since been replaced by Patrik Gardberg of TORCHBEARER, THE FEW AGAINST MANY and AMMOTRACK.
      Swedish melodic/progressive metallers VINDICTIV, formed and led by guitar sensation Stefan Lindholm, have tapped producer/engineer Lars Chriss (LION'S SHARE) to mix their brand new studio CD, tentatively due in early 2013 via an as-yet-undetermined record label.

      The band's third album, "Cage of Infinity", will mark the recording debut of their new singer, Marco Sandron (ex-EDEN'S CURSE), and will see them heading in a more straight-ahead heavy metal direction.

      "I made an effort to make the album cohesive, but as a notorious shredder, I couldn't restrain myself completely," laughs Lindholm.

      VINDICTIV released two albums so far — the self-titled debut in 2008 and "Ground Zero" in 2009. Apart from his main band, Stefan has been a successful soloist on a number of albums, among them record producer Tom Galley's international project "Phenomena" and "Soulspell". Other great vocalists Stefan has worked with include Tony Martin (BLACK SABBATH), Oliver Hartmann (AT VANCE, AVANTASIA) and Mark Boals (YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, RING OF FIRE).
      Italian "freak-core" band JESTER BEAST will release its long-awaited comeback album, "The Infinite Jest", on December 21.

      A track from the CD, "Lost In Space", can be streamed at www.jesterbeast.com.

      JESTER BEAST's new logo was redesigned by VOIVOD's Michel "Away" Langevin.

      The band's debut album, "Poetical Freakscream", was released in 1991 through GLC Records. In 1993, JESTER BEAST issued the "Serial Killer" EP and began writing material for a second full-length CD before splitting up due to internal disagreements.

      JESTER BEAST is:

      Steo Zapp: Vocals
      CC Muz: Guitar
      Piero "Duracell" Grassilli: Bass
      Roby Vitari: Drums
      Down Boys Records, the label owned and operated by Jerry Dixon and Erik Turner of WARRANT, has just released the brand new Christmas single, "Let It Snow", by Scotty Dunbar with BURNING HEAT. This version of the holiday classic is a complete '80s hard rock-sounding tune that fans of the bands RATT, DOKKEN and ALICE COOPER will totally embrace.

      "Let It Snow" features virtuoso Ethan Brosh and Adrian Araiza of BURNING HEAT on guitar, JC of BURNING HEAT and PRETTY LITTLE SUICIDE on bass, Izzy Rock of PRETTY LITTLE SUICIDE on drums and Scotty Dunbar on vocals.

      This past May, Down Boys released Dunbar's solo EP, "In A Mellow Mood". The EP featured guest appearances by Michael Sweet of STRYPER and Louis St. August of MASS.
      Greece-based metallers CRYSTAL TEARS have finished recording their third album with producer Roberto Dimitri Liapakis (MYSTIC PROPHECY, SUICIDAL ANGELS, DEVIL'S TRAIN) for an early 2013 release.

      Commented CRYSTAL TEARS drummer Chrisafis Tantanozis: "It has been such a looong, but very interesting procedure. Now, while I can sit back and listen to the first results that come out of the speakers, all I can think is the final massive wall of sound that Prophecy & Music Factory studio knows well to produce, a fuckin' kick in the face!"

      CRYSTAL TEARS is working on the first of two videos in support of the new album.

      The band's last CD, "Generation X", was released in June 2010 via 7Hard.

      CRYSTAL TEARS' lineup includes Ian Parry (ELEGY, VENGEANCE, AYREON) on vocals, Dimitris Goutziamanis and Kostas Sotos on guitar, Alex Chamalidis on bass and Chrisafis Tantanozis on drums.
      Porvoo, Finland-based metallers BATON ROGUE MORGUE will release a six-track EP, "Hat Trick", on December 21 via Secret Entertainment. The EP is bundled with a DVD containing music videos for the songs "Crystal City" and "Hellride" and a live clip for "Midnight Rose", shot at the legendary Whisky A Go Go in West Hollywood, California.

      "Hat Trick" track listing:

      01. Hat Trick
      02. Crystal City
      03. Tokyo Nights
      04. Black Ink
      05. Massacre of St. Valentine's Day
      06. Hellride

      01. Crystal City
      02. Hellride
      03. Midnight Rose (live at Whisky A Go Go, West Hollywood, California)

      BATON ROGUE MORGUE previously toured the USA, Australia, Croatia and Italy in support of their 2009 debut, "High End of the Season", which received good reviews around the world.

      Lee Angel Morgue - Vocals
      Domino De La Rogue - Guitar
      Francesco Gasoline Mattei - Guitar
      Timothy Baton - Bass
      Danger Ranger – Drums
      Baltimore, Maryland's MISERY INDEX will release a live album, "Live In Munich", on February 19 (four days earlier internationally) via the French label Season Of Mist. The CD was recorded at Backstage in Munich, Germany on February 18, 2012 and it will be made available as a hand-numbered die-cut LP, strictly limited to 500 copies worldwide.

      "Live In Munich" track listing:

      01. Sleeping Giants
      02. The Carrion Call
      03. You Lose
      04. The 7th Cavalry
      05. The Spectator
      06. The Great Depression
      07. The Illuminaught
      08. Traitors
      09. Siberian (2012 remix)

      MISERY INDEX's next studio album is expected in late 2013.

      MISERY INDEX's latest CD, "Heirs To Thievery", sold around 1,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release. The effort landed at position No. 43 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200. Released in North America on May 11, 2010 via Relapse Records, the album was recorded at Wright Way Studios (DYING FETUS, SLIPKNOT, MOS DEF) with engineer Steve Wright.
      Australia's NOCTURNAL GRAVES has inked a deal with Hells Headbangers for the release of the band's sophomore album. The group will enter I-HQ Recordings in two weeks to begin recording the as-yet-untitled CD, which will contain "35 minutes of explosive, violent death/thrash metal," according to a press release.

      A cult name in the fertile, fetid Australian metal underground, NOCTURNAL GRAVES released its debut album, "Satan's Cross", on Nuclear War Now! Productions in 2007 and a split LP with HELL SPIRIT on the same label in 2010.

      NOCTURNAL GRAVES recently underwent a lineup change with the addition of Shrapnel (ex-DESTROYER 666) on lead guitar and L. Wilson (DENOUNCEMENT PYRE) on drums.

      The band's current lineup is:

      J. - Bass/Vocals
      Decaylust - Guitar
      Shrapnel - Lead Guitar
      L. Wilson - Drums

      In May 2013, NOCTURNAL GRAVES will the road in Europe, with confirmed shows in Germany (at Deathkult Open Air), France, Belgium, the U.K., Ireland, Denmark, and Sweden, among others.
      Polish old-school death metallers ULCER will release their new full-length album, "Grant Us Death", on February 19 (January 28 in Europe) via Pulverised Records. The CD is described in a press release as "truly an unspeakable act of zombie-invoking riffs, heavily dosed with horror-theme inspired melody lines but yet spewing forth some of the most extremely well-(de)composed filthy-as-fuck death metal in the recent years."

      Featuring the exclusive macabre painting by Bartek Kurzok (ABIGAIL, DEMONIC SLAUGHTER, GOAT TYRANT) and alluring layout by Kontamination Design, "Grant Us Death" was recorded, mixed and mastered at Sinquest Sound Studio (BLAZE OF PERDITION, MOON) in Lublin by Grzegorz Kulawiak and ULCER.

      "Grant Us Death" track listing:

      01. Grant Us Death
      02. Devilspeed
      03. Bloodpainted Salvation
      04. The Love Song
      05. Godcremation
      06. Thanatoeuphoria
      07. Devialize
      08. The Pact
      09. My Lord Has Horns
      10. When Horror Comes
      Despite rumors to the contrary, Ross Robinson says that he has not yet been officially confirmed as the producer of the next studio album from Polish extreme metallers BEHEMOTH

      Robinson, who has previously worked with such acts as KORN, SLIPKNOT, SEPULTURA, SOULFLY and LIMP BIZKIT, met with BEHEMOTH last month in Warsaw. BEHEMOTH frontman Adam "Nergal" Darski posted a photo on his Facebook page of him, BEHEMOTH bassist Tomasz " Orion" Wróblewski and Robinson, captioning the picture with just three words: "Things ARE happening…"

      Responding to a fan on Twitter earlier today, Robinson wrote that he is "not confirmed" to be working with BEHEMOTH on their next record.

      In a 2008 interview with Sevenstring.org, former EMPEROR vocalist/guitarist Ihsahn was asked if there was any truth to the rumor that Ross Robinson was in talks to produce the band's ill-fated fifth album. "There has been many rumors concerning that," Ihsahn replied. "[Ross] came backstage after a show in L.A. in 1999, together with Casey Chaos from AMEN, and said he would love to work with EMPEROR. However, we always liked doing the decision making on our own, so we said, 'No, thanks.' To this day, I've never worked with a producer, though I try to be one myself, I guess. Apparently, Ross got hate mail for even suggesting working with EMPEROR, which is kind of stupid, as in all black metal ideology fairness, I think, we were capable of deciding who and who not we wished to work with."

      One of the most successful hard rock producers of the late '90s, Robinson began as a thrash metal guitarist (he was a member of MURDERCAR, which included future SACRED REICH and MACHINE HEAD drummer Dave McClain, and he played on DÉTENTE's classic 1986 LP, "Recognize No Authority"), before receiving his first studio credit, as an assistant engineer for W.A.S.P.'s 1992 concept album, "The Crimson Idol". He eventually hooked up with the then-up-and-coming alt-metal band by the name of KORN and produced the group's first two albums. Robinson also helmed the debut CD from LIMP BIZKIT, 1997's "Three Dollar Bill Y'All", before going on to work with such acts as SLIPKNOT, MACHINE HEAD, SEPULTURA (their RIAA-gold-certified release "Roots"), SOULFLY, AMEN, COLD, GLASSJAW, AT THE DRIVE-IN, THE CURE and VANILLA ICE's rap-metal makeover/comeback album, "Hard To Swallow".
      Often called their finest album, GODFLESH's "Hymns" was released on 2001 and is now being reissued by The End Records as a special-edition deluxe remaster with bonus tracks, liner notes, lyrics and never-before-seen photos and images.

      The reissue will be available on February 19, 2013 in 2CD and 2LP formats. Orders can be placed at this location.

      "Hymns" reissue track listing:

      Disc 1: 2012 Remaster

      01. Defeated
      02. Deaf, Dumb & Blind
      03. Paralyzed
      04. Anthem
      05. Viodhead
      06. Tyrant
      07. White Flag
      08. For Life
      09. Animals
      10. Vampires
      11. Antihuman
      12. Regal
      13. Jesu

      Disc 2: Bonus Material

      01. Voidhead (Demo 2012 Mix)
      02. Vampires (Demo 2012 Mix)
      03. Deaf, Dumb & Blind (Demo 2012 Remastered)
      04. Anthem (Demo 2012 Remastered)
      05. Paralyzed (Demo 2012 Remastered)
      06. For Life (Demo 2012 Remastered)
      07. If I Could Only Be What You Want (2012 Remastered)
      Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based grindcore activists COMPLETE FAILURE will release their new album, "The Art Gospel of Aggravated Assault", on February 19, 2013 (four days earlier internationally) via Season Of Mist. The CD is described in a press release as "the band's tour de force, fusing ferocious speed and aggression with their iconoclastic stance and unwavering vision."

      "The Art Gospel of Aggravated Assault" track listing:

      01. Mind Compf
      02. Errant Social Mile Marker
      03. The Art Gospel Of Aggravated Assault
      04. Head Hanger To Be
      05. Drag Migrator
      06. Exitist
      07. Defenseless Mechanisms Of Self Inflicted Heartbreak
      08. Disinvictus
      09. Hero Of The Church Herd
      10. The Unlove Overhue

      Despite the brutal crushing power of "The Art Gospel of Aggravated Assault", a musical intelligence can be found that reveals COMPLETE FAILURE to be more than just another grindcore act. For those who like PIG DESTROYER, BRUTAL TRUTH, MISERY INDEX, ROTTEN SOUND and NASUM, this album is a sure bet, yet these Americans beg to differ. None shall escape their wrath!

      Commented COMPLETE FAILURE: "Written and recorded in its entirety, then scrapped and rebuilt from scratch, 'The Art Gospel Of Aggravated Assault' is as natural and honest an album as it is human, without the glitter of gimmick or remorse."

      Mike Rosswog - Drums
      James B. Curl - Guitar
      Mark Bogacki - Bass
      Joemack – Voice
      Greek extreme metal veterans ROTTING CHRIST will release their eleventh full-length studio album, "Kata Ton Daimona Eaytoy" ("Do What Thou Wilt"), on March 5, 2013 (four days earlier in Europe) via Season Of Mist. The band spent more than four months at Deva Soundz studios in Athens crafting what it says "may be its darkest and more mystical and occult outcome ever." The CD was mixed by Jens Borgen (AMON AMARTH, PARADISE LOST, KATATONIA, OPETH) at Fascination Street Studios in Örebro, Sweden.

      "Kata Ton Daimona Eaytoy" track listing:

      01. In Yumen - Xibalba
      02. P'unchaw Kachun - Tuta Kachun
      03. Grandis Spiritus Diavolos
      04. Kataton Demona Eaftou
      05. Cine Iubeste Si Lasa
      06. Iwa Woodoo
      07. Gilgames
      08. Rusalka
      09. Ahura Mazda Anra Mainiuu
      10. 666

      The album will be made available as jewel case CD, double gatefold LP and limited-edition digibox, including a digipak CD with bonus track "Welcome To Hel", a pendant in velvet bag and a flag.

      In a recent interview with RockOverdose.gr, ROTTING CHRIST mainman Sakis Tolis stated about the band's new CD, "The album was recorded entirely by me, except, of course, the drums which were taken care of by my brother."

      ROTTING CHRIST's last album, "Aealo"

      (Message over 64 KB, truncated)