Tons of Hard Rock, Heavy Metal and Classic Rock News

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28, 2011
      WHOCARES — what hides behind this new band name is in fact the renewed musical union between legendary DEEP PURPLE singer Ian Gillan and none other than BLACK SABBATH's Tony Iommi: the undisputed master of heavy guitar riffs. The duo has recorded two brand new songs with the intent to support the rebuilding of a music school in Gyumri, Armenia.

      Both Gillan and Iommi have spent a lot of time in Armenia, fallen in love with the country and the people and have dedicated a lot of work to a nation still shocked after the earthquake that struck Armenia on December 7, 1988.

      The collaboration of Gillan and Iommi, who have worked together before on the SABBATH album "Born Again", is in itself an incredible news for all rock and metal fans and will be the best of surprises to get to know who is completing the band: None other than Jon Lord ("Mr. Hammond", partner with Gillan on all the DEEP PURPLE classics), IRON MAIDEN drummer Nicko McBrain, ex-METALLICA bassist Jason Newsted and HIM guitarist player Mikko "Linde" Lindström are also featured on the two new songs.

      WHOCARES will release "Out Of My Mind" and "Holy Water" on digital download and limited-edition CD single on May 6: The CD single will also contain the video clip of "Out Of My Mind" and a 40-minute documentary that shows Gillan's and Iommi's involvement with the Armenia cause over the years.

      Commented Gillan: "The idea came as Tony and I flew back from Yerevan together after being inspired by the enthusiasm of everyone there to get this thing done.

      "It was brilliant working with Tony again after all these years; he makes life easy for a singer.

      "The other guys need no introduction, do they?!"

      Added Iommi: "Some twenty years ago when the call came, I thought, well at least I've helped, but it was going to Armenia and seeing the actual devastation caused by the earthquake that really made me realize that funds were still needed.

      "Despite all the money that was raised last time, here was a music school doing their best, forgotten, in basic tin sheds. After the warmth and honor bestowed upon us during our visit, we just had to help make a difference and get the school rebuilt. And what better way than to hook up with some of rock's greatest players and my old mate Ian, both an honor and a pleasure."

      "Out Of My Mind" recording lineup:

      * Tony Iommi (BLACK SABBATH) - Guitar
      * Ian Gillan (DEEP PURPLE, BLACK SABBATH) - Vocals
      * Jason Newsted (METALLICA, VOIVOD, FLOTSAM AND JETSAM) - Bass
      * Nicko McBrain (IRON MAIDEN) - Drums
      * Jon Lord (DEEP PURPLE) - Keyboards
      * Mikko "Linde" Lindström (HIM) - Guitar

      "Holy Water" recording lineup:

      * Ian Gillan (DEEP PURPLE, BLACK SABBATH) - Vocals
      * Tony Iommi (BLACK SABBATH) - Guitar
      * Steve Morris - Guitar
      * Michael Lee Jackson - Guitar
      * Randy Clarke - Drums
      * Rodney Appleby - Bass
      * Jesse O'Brien - Hammond Organ
      * Arshak Sahakyan - Duduk Solo
      * Ara Gevorgyan - Underlying Duduk Intro Music And Keys
      According to the unofficial BLACK SABBATH web site Black-Sabbath.com, WHOCARES — the renewed musical union between legendary DEEP PURPLE singer Ian Gillan and none other than BLACK SABBATH's Tony Iommi: the undisputed master of heavy guitar riffs — will release its debut CD single in North America on June 27 via Eagle Rock Entertainment. The single will be made available in Europe on May 24 through earMUSIC. The digital release for both territories will be May 6.

      The single features two brand new studio tracks "Out Of My Mind" and "Holy Water", which will raise funds for the rebuilding of a music school in Gyumri, Armenia. The CD single will also contain the video clip of "Out Of My Mind" and a 40-minute documentary that shows Gillan's and Iommi's involvement with the Armenia cause over the years.

[...]

      AEROSMITH frontman Steven Tyler told Rolling Stone magazine in a new interview that during the band's ill-fated attempt to cut a new album with producer Brendan O'Brien a couple years back, he did drugs with guitarist Joe Perry for the first time in years. "It was just like 30 years before," Tyler said. "I whipped out mine, he whipped out his and we got high together again. I say to Joe, 'Wow, man, how you been, it's been, what, 17 years since we got high together? Joe, you've been fucking running away from me ever since.' "

      He added, "Joe was high and he couldn't play. I couldn't sing, really, because I was snorting everything, and it fucks up your throat. It was the wrong time."

      In May, Tyler will release his autobiography, "Does the Noise in My Head Bother You?" Around that time he'll release the first solo single of his entire career, a poppy tune called "Feels So Good". "I can hear it coming out of people's cars this summer," he said.

      Most of the members of AEROSMITH spent a few days in late January/eary February working on songs for a new album with co-writer Marti Frederiksen at a studio in Los Angeles. The only man missing was Joe Perry, who was unable to join his bandmates for the sessions due to what Billboard.com described as an "unspecified commitment."

      Although a recent New York Post article indicated that AEROSMITH was "unable to work" due to singer Steven Tyler's "American Idol" gig, Tyler's attorney Dina LaPolt responded, "Mr. Tyler's 'American Idol' contract was specifically negotiated to work around his AEROSMITH touring and recording schedule."

      "Steven has been really good at selling the idea among his bandmates that the band is No. 1 and this is where his heart is," bassist Tom Hamilton told BostonHerald.com. "I look forward to him demonstrating that."

      "I am bursting at the seams to [make a new album] and have been for a long time," Hamilton said. "Everybody's head is into it, and once Steven is done with his TV gig, we get to work and damned if we don't have a finished record by the end of September."
      METALLICA headlined the first U.S. "Big Four" concert this past Saturday (April 23) at the Empire Polo Grounds in Indio, California. The all-day festival featured the so-called "Big Four" bands of 1980s thrash metal — METALLICA, SLAYER, ANTHRAX and MEGADETH — sharing the stage in the U.S. for the first time ever, drawing an estimated 50,000 people.

      A wildly successful series of European gigs together last summer paved the way for a U.S. edition.

      METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich told RollingStone.com that more U.S. "Big Four" dates are in the works. "We are looking to book something on the East Coast because of the success of this — it should hopefully come together in a week or two," Ulrich said. "Maybe we'll do somewhere in the Midwest and South, too. Still, I don't think it will turn into a 40-date arena tour; that would make it less special. I like the fact that there's an element of chaos to the whole thing. It shouldn't be sterile, streamlined and perfect: it needs an edgy underbelly to remain authentic."

      METALLICA will bring the "Big Four" tour to Europe in July, and is also confirmed to perform at the 44th edition of Festival d'été de Québec in Quebec City, Canada on Saturday, July 16.

      The group will also headline Brazil's Rock In Rio festival this September.

      Urich told The Pulse Of Radio that the idea for a "Big Four" tour first came up in 2009. "We were sitting around and we were feeling pretty nostalgic at the time because it was right around the old Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Cleveland induction thing there," he said. "So as you sit around and talk about your past and whatever, the idea of playing shows with the other, you know, members of the so-called 'Big Four' just came up, and it finally came together just over a year later."

      METALLICA has hinted at entering the studio in May to begin work on a secret recording project, although details have been few.
      BareBonesMusic.com conducted an interview with GUNS N' ROSES/SIXX: A.M. guitarist DJ Ashba on the "black carpet" of the third annual Revolver Golden Gods Awards, which was held last Wednesday, April 20 at Club Nokia in Los Angeles, California. You can now watch the chat below.

      When asked about what he has planned for the rest of the year, Ashba said, "As of now, we're gonna be doing more touring for GUNS, and we're working on new songs every day for GUNS N' ROSES. [The new] SIXX: A.M. [album, 'This Is Gonna Hurt'] comes out May 3, and I'm scoring a new movie, and I'll tell you more about that later. [Laughs] But it's a horror movie, so it's good."

      In addition to Ashba and sole original member Axl Rose (vocals), the current lineup of GUNS N' ROSES includes guitarists Ron Thal and Richard Fortus, bassist Tommy Stinson, keyboardists Dizzy Reed and Chris Pitman and drummer Frank Ferrer.

      Ashba joined GUNS N' ROSES in March 2009 following the departure of Robin Finck.

      As previously reported, "Chinese Democracy", the 2008 album released by the current edition of GUNS N' ROSES after a 15-year wait, can now be purchased at BestBuy.com for $1.99.

      Best Buy was the exclusive U.S. retailer for "Chinese Democracy", reportedly paying $14 million for 1.6 million copies. But the album was a major sales disappointment, moving less than 620,000 copies despite the curiosity and hype surrounding its release.
      "The Taking", the new album from DUFF MCKAGAN'S LOADED — the band led by VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES bassist Duff McKagan — sold 2,300 copies in the United States in its first week of release. The CD landed at position No. 12 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200. The group's previous album, "Sick", opened with around 1,400 units back in April 2009 to debut at No. 43 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart.

      Released on April 19 via Eagle Rock Entertainment, "The Taking" was recorded at a Seattle-area studio with veteran rock producer Terry Date (SOUNDGARDEN, PANTERA, DEFTONES). Two tracks from "The Taking", were previously made available digitally. Anthemic rocker "We Win" was played during the World Series and riled up football fans for McKagan's hometown Seattle Seahawks. "Fight On" draws inspiration from our military veterans, and proceeds from these downloads go exclusively to the Puget Sound Healthcare System.

      "This record really sort of took a life of its own, and the songs really revealed themselves to us as we went along," says Duff.

      "Terry Date came into the picture at a time when his genius ear helped to capture a sonic theme for the record.

      "You can't underestimate what a guy like TD brings to the table.

      "'The Taking' is the closest thing to a 'concept' record that I have ever been involved with. Pain, loss, triumph, and redemption. Life. Bring it."

      "The Taking" track listing:

      01. Lords Of Abaddon
      02. Executioner's Song
      03. Dead Skin
      04. We Win
      05. Easier Lying
      06. She's An Anchor
      07. Wrecking Ball
      08. King Of The World
      09. Cocaine
      10. Your Name
      11. Follow Me To Hell
      Tim Louie of The Aquarian Weekly recently conducted an interview with MÖTLEY CRÜE guitarist Mick Mars. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

      The Aquarian Weekly: How does it feel to be going on tour with POISON and the NEW YORK DOLLS, a band that was extremely influential to MÖTLEY CRÜE?

      Mick Mars: Well, I guess the only way that I can really answer that question is that a lot of our fan base and a lot of POISON's fan base always wanted to see these two bands together — POISON and us. It's just one of those things that after so many years, people wanting to see that happen, and you think, 'We should do this! I think that it would be a good thing!' By giving a lot of fans what they've been wanting to see, I mean let's face it, ticket prices nowadays are out of hand, but giving them a real show that kicks butt [makes it worth it]. Our production is over-the-top this time, and NEW YORK DOLLS are just one of those things where you just go with it, especially for Nikki [Sixx, bass] because he's been a big NEW YORK DOLLS fan forever, and I've been a big David Johansen fan. I think that it's a pretty good package. I think that it's pretty strong. We're calling it the "No Name" tour, but this isn't a Crüe Fest by any means. With the 40th
      anniversary of the NEW YORK DOLLS, the 25th anniversary of POISON, and our 30th, it kind of ties everything together.

      The Aquarian Weekly: I was actually going to mention that next. This is a milestone for MÖTLEY CRÜE — celebrating your 30th anniversary — if someone was to tell you in 1980 that you'd be playing with the same band for 30 years, what would you have said?

      Mick Mars: I'm not going to live to be 60 (laughs). I'm from that time period where nobody wanted to live to be 30, but that's the way it works. It's a cool thing. I mean, once we started playing, and once we started picking up the pace and developing and learning how to cope with being on tour and being on the road and doing all that kind of a thing — I think that I probably told you this before, but we wanted to be like an AEROSMITH, and just be together for many years and just keep going or just until one of us falls over (laughs).

      The Aquarian Weekly: So, no regrets in your 30 years with MÖTLEY CRÜE then?

      Mick Mars: The only regret that I have is having to get [ankylosing spondylitis]. I hate that stuff. But no, no regrets. We did what we did and there are no regrets at all. Not to me anyway!

      The Aquarian Weekly: Everyone in the band has a book out! Where's yours?

      Mick Mars: It's on its way, but I want the right liar! I had a couple guys come over and give me a little 10-page thing on what they want to write about, and they didn't know what they were writing about or what I'm about — get me a rock 'n' roll guy that knows about rock 'n' roll! I don't want to put out something that's dumb! I want to put out something that's real and something that people can relate to, like "The Dirt" was, and these people weren't even close to it. You know, I took this guy out on tour with us to help me write the book. And I wanted to show him what the road was about and stuff and he sat in my bus and got drunk. I should've known what was going on, so I just said to him, "Get outta here!" Crazy bastard! (Laughs.)
      "Into The Wild", the 23rd studio album from legendary British hard rockers URIAH HEEP, entered the German Media Control chart at position No. 32. This marks the group's best chart entry in Germany since URIAH HEEP's '70s heyday.

      "Into The Wild" was released on April 15 in Europe and will be made available on May 3 in North America via Frontiers Records. The CD was produced by Mike Paxman (STATUS QUO, ASIA) and features cover artwork (see below) by the renowned Greek-American artist Ioannis (LYNYRD SKYNYRD, STYX, SAGA).

      "Into The Wild" track listing:

      01. Nail On The Head
      02. I Can See You
      03. Into The Wild
      04. Money Talk
      05. Trail Of Diamonds
      06. Lost
      07. Believe
      08. Southern Star
      09. I'm Ready
      10. T-bird Angel
      11. Kiss Of Freedom
      The Pulse Of Radio reports that PEARL JAM has been named 2011 Planet Defender by Rock The Earth, a not-for-profit environmental advocacy organization that often sets up shop at festivals or big rock concerts. According to Spinner.com, the organization awarded PEARL JAM in its artist category for the band's "ceaseless environmental activism throughout their illustrious 20-year career."

      A statement at the Rock The Earth web site reads, "PEARL JAM ultimately hopes to become 0% net emissions for all tours and band businesses . . . In 2010, the band announced they would mitigate carbon emissions from their 2009 'Backspacer' tour by donating $210,000 towards planting trees in the area of Puget Sound, Washington. Rock the Earth applauds PEARL JAM for setting a stellar example of how to 'rock the earth' in a conscientious manner."

      PEARL JAM teamed up with the Patagonia clothing and gear company this year for a new environmental awareness initiative.

      The band continues to celebrate its 20th anniversary this year, issuing deluxe editions of its second and third albums, "Vs." and "Vitalogy", last month, planning a festival for late summer and prepping the release of a new career documentary in September.

      The band also hopes to begin work on its 10th studio album this spring, while frontman Eddie Vedder will release a solo album and DVD in June and tour on his own.
      David E. Gehlke of Blistering.com recently conducted an interview with CAVALERA CONSPIRACY/SOULFLY mainman Max Cavalera. A few excerpts from the chat follow below.

      Blistering.com: Listening to [the new CAVALERA CONSPIRACY album] "Blunt Force Trauma" and even recent SOULFLY [music], it makes one think that this is how SEPULTURA would sound in 2011 if you were still in it. Is there any base to that notion? Do you think that's how the band would sound if you hadn't of left?

      Cavalera: I think so. Those two bands fulfill my desire to make music. Any void that was left with me and SEPULTURA, those two fill that void completely. After I started playing with Igor [Max's brother as well as former SEPULTURA and current CAVALERA CONSPIRACY drummer] again, a void was filled. Ten years since we spoke, and when we started making music again, it was really cool. I'm really proud of the two records we have made and I look forward to doing more in the future. I want to create more music with Igor and advance and hit even more new territories than we did with SEPULTURA.

      Blistering.com: How rich would you be if you had a nickel for every time you did an interview and someone asked you about a SEPULTURA reunion?

      Cavalera: A billionaire [laughs].

      Blistering.com: What can you do at this point to squash those rumors and/or questions?

      Cavalera: There's nothing you can do...I don't know, man. If it's going to happen, it will happen; if not, it's not even in my power anymore. People still ask me the question. It's cool there's a huge interest in the band playing with the classic lineup again. It's cool that people haven't lost that curiosity, it's positive. The negative is that I don't know the answer for it, so I'm always telling people "I don't know what's going to happen." What can I do? I don't know what those guys think.

      Blistering.com: What's going on with the project that you and Greg [Puciato] from THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN started?

      Cavalera: The project with Greg started a little bit ago. He came to Phoenix and spent a week writing songs with me. We did about 15 songs, really cool songs. He's really fired up. He's on tour with the DEFTONES now, so we have to put it on hold and I'll be out with CAVALERA, so it will be until later this year until we record. We're still looking for the musicians. The only other one officially in the band is the drummer from THE MARS VOLTA [Deantoni Parks], which is Greg's friend. Apart from that, we're still looking for musicians for the project. It's going to be a project, like NAILBOMB, just to put one album out properly. After that, it's back to SOULFLY. We'll work on the new album, regroup the band, and get a new bass player.
      Darryl Sterdan of the QMI Agency recently conducted an interview with guitarist/vocalist Steve "Lips" Kudlow of Canadian metal legends ANVIL. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

      QMI Agency: Last time we spoke, the movie was just hitting big. Can you describe how it's changed your career?

      Lips: It's brought us everything. To go from being a band that sold 20,000 copies of a CD to being a band that's in the consciousness of millions — they estimate 8 million people in the U.S. have seen it — well, you can't compare it. I mean, when we played on Conan O'Brien's show, in that 10 minutes we were seen by more people than who saw us in our entire career.

      QMI Agency: What's been the biggest thrill?

      Lips: Meeting other celebrities — and their reaction towards me has been really shocking. I met Paul McCartney. That's like meeting God. And he goes, "Lips, how's it going? Are we rocking tonight?" It's like, "Oh my God, he knows who we are. He's seen the movie." I could give you an endless list like that. It's crazy.

      QMI Agency: Has there been a downside?

      Lips: Well, I tend to put it out of my mind, but it usually comes in the form of fairweather friends — people that we haven't heard from in 10 or 20 years suddenly resurfacing, saying, "Hey buddy, How's it going? Remember me?" Or when people say, "Now that you're a star, I guess you're not going to have anything to do with me." That's very insulting.

      QMI Agency: Have you made any money out of all this yet?

      Lips: What has essentially happened is that I no longer work my day job. I'm making my ends meet from the band. Am I making more? I don't know, probably. But it's not like I'm buying a limousine. I'm existing and not having to worry about going to a job. And that's great; I've worked 30 years to get there.
      Shawn of Rockstar Radio (Hamilton, Montana's KBAZ-FM) conducted an interview with Vinnie Paul Abbott (HELLYEAH, PANTERA) on the "black carpet" of the third annual Revolver Golden Gods Awards, which was held last Wednesday, April 20 at Club Nokia in Los Angeles, California. You can now watch the chat below.

      When asked about HELLYEAH's current recording and touring plans, Vinnie said, "Next week we're going to Thailand and the Philippines... [I've] never been there before — never played there with PANTERA, DAMAGEPLAN, anybody, so I'm really excited about that. Sorry to all our Japanese fans that we had to cancel the five Japanese shows; we really feel for you and hope things are getting better for you and we're gonna try and make it back to see them in December. And then as soon as we get back [from Thailand and the Philippines], we start recording [the third HELLYEAH album] and going full blast. We're hoping to have the record out by October and be back on the road."

      In a recent interview with Pop Culture Madness, HELLYEAH guitarist Tom Maxwell stated about the songwriting sessions for the band's next CD, "Me and Greg [Tribbett, guitar] have been playing around, and the next record's gonna be way more aggressive than anything we've done yet."

      Regarding whether the band will once again go back to Vinnie Paul's home in Arlington, Texas, where he has a studio set up to work on the next album, Maxwell said, "It's unclear where we're gonna go. I mean, we might — anything is possible. There's a lot of distractions at [Vinnie's] house. [Laughs] A lot of distractions. But it's kind of our home base. We all kind of scatter across the country and regroup down there. Vinnie has a place out in Vegas, too, but I think that's kind of out of the question, 'cause that's a massive distraction — Vegas. But, you know, if we do it back in Dallas, it's totally fine; the studio is already set up in his house . . . The way we do it, it's very affordable, because it's already in-house — we're not renting out big studios and paying $100,000 or $50,000 on everything, and then you have to fly all your techs out and back and forth, put them up in hotels. At Vinnie's house, it's all-inclusive — we live there, we
      eat there, we party there, we record and write. So it makes it really, really simple."

      HELLYEAH's sophomore album, "Stampede", sold 28,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 8 on The Billboard 200 chart.

      HELLYEAH's self-titled debut CD opened with 45,000 units back in April 2007 to land at No. 9.
      German "true" metallers STORMWARRIOR will release their fourth album, "Heathen Warrior", on May 27 via Massacre Records. The effort, which was mixed by Tommy Hansen (PRETTY MAIDS, HELLOWEEN, HATESPHERE) at Jailhouse Studio in Denmark, will also be available as a limited digipak as well as on limited vinyl.

      "Heathen Warrior" track listing:

      01. …Og Hammeren Hæves Til Slag...
      02. Heathen Warrior
      03. The Ride Of Asgård
      04. Heirs To The Fighte
      05. Bloode To Bloode
      06. Fyre & Ice
      07. The Returne
      08. Wolven Nights
      09. Ravenhearte
      10. The Valkyries Call
      11. And Northern Steele Remaineth

      The European digipak and the Japanese version will contain different previously unreleased bonus tracks.

      The artwork was created by Uwe Karczewski and can be seen below.

      According to a press release, "metalheads can expect another combination of explosive guitar works, catchy hooks but also some new toppings to the typical STORMWARRIOR sound!"

      A release party for "Heathen Warrior" will be held on June 4 at the Ballroom in Osnabrück, Germany.

      Locomotive Records released the third studio album from STORMWARRIOR, entitled "Heading Northe", in North America in April 2009. The CD, which was released in Europe in February 2009 via Dockyard 1, was recorded at the group's own Thunderhall Studios and was mixed with Piet Sielck (SAVAGE CIRCUS, IRON SAVIOR) before it was mastered at Tommy Hansen's Jailhouse Studios.

      STORMWARRIOR is known for its unique combination of "true metal" anthems with lyrics that are rooted in Nordic mythology.

      After the release of its "Northern Rage" CD, STORMWARRIOR was invited to play all the biggest festivals like Wacken Open Air, Bloodstock, MANOWAR's Magic Circle and Earthshaker. The band also collaborated with Kai Hansen by performing HELLOWEEN classics during select live appearances.
      http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/soulflypremiere/stormheathen.jpg
      SABATON, GRAVE DIGGER, POWERWOLF and SKULL FIST will team up for the "Power Of Metal Tour II 2011" in September. The dates are as follows:

      Sep. 07 - AT - Vienna, Arena
      Sep. 08 - DE - Munich, Backstage
      Sep. 09 - DE - Stuttgart, LKA Longhorn
      Sep. 10 - DE - Würzburg, Posthalle
      Sep. 11 - NL - Eindhoven, Effenaar
      Sep. 13 - CH - Zürich, Volkshaus
      Sep. 14 - DE - Saabrücken, Garage
      Sep. 15 - DE - Hamburg, Markthalle
      Sep. 16 - DE - Leipzig, Hellraiser
      Sep. 17 - DE - Oberhausen, Turbinenhalle

      For more information, visit www.powerofmetal.eu.

      SABATON drummer Daniel Mullback was forced to sit out dates on the band's recent European tour "due to problems with his knees." He was temporarily replaced by Robert Bäck. Also performing with SABATON during the trek was DRAGONFORCE bassist Frédéric Leclercq. He filled in for regular SABATON guitarist Rikard Sundén, who "has decided to multiply himself and will have his first kid at this time," according to a statement released by the band.

      SABATON's fifth album, "Coat Of Arms", sold around 450 copies in the United States in its first week of release. The CD landed at position No. 124 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200.

      "Coat Of Arms" was released in Europe on May 21, 2010 via Nuclear Blast Records.

      "The Clans Are Still Marching", the new DVD from GRAVE DIGGER, entered the German Media Control chart at position No. 56 (German chart rules allow music DVDs to enter album charts). Released on March 4 via Napalm Records, the DVD captures the energy of this unique evening and delivers it to living rooms everywhere. The DVD also comprises backstage footage, interviews, the video of "Highland Farewell" and its respective "Making of...", as well as all the live tracks on CD.

      GRAVE DIGGER's latest album, "The Clans Will Rise Again", was released in Europe on October 1, 2010 via Napalm Records. The CD was recorded between mid-May 2010 and mid-July 2010 at the Meadow Studios, which is owned by GRAVE DIGGER's new guitarist Axel Ritt, and Principal Studios, where all of GRAVE DIGGER albums since 1995's "Heart Of Darkness" have been tracked. It was produced by Chris Boltendahl and mixed by Jörg Umbreit.
      Former SKID ROW singer Sebastian Bach recently entered a Los Angeles studio with his new, young, virtuosic guitarist Nick Sterling, drummer Bobby Jarzombek and producer Bob Marlette (BLACK SABBATH, SHINEDOWN, ATREYU, FILTER) to record Bach's next CD, tentatively due this fall via the Italian label Frontiers Records.

      In a Twitter post dated April 25, Bach writes, "I am having the time of my life right now cranking eight final mixes of the new record! Yes, that's right — producer extraordinaire Bob Marlette has completed eight out of 13 final mixes for the record and I just cannot tell you how clean, clear, loud, groovin', classy, heavy and crazy this music sounds! Everything sounds better than I ever could have imagined and I cannot wait for you all to jam out to this!"

      Bach previously stated about his new solo material, "This CD will follow along the lines of 'Skid Row', 'Slave To The Grind', 'Subhuman Race' and 'Angel Down'. If you like rockin' guitar riffs, high-energy songs and performances, deadly drums of doom, and ear-shattering screams, we got your rock right here!" He also described the songs as "heavy, interesting, classic sounding, modern sounding, completely rock 'n' roll — just how we like it!"

      Sebastian in 2009 collaborated with HATEBREED frontman Jamey Jasta on several tracks for Bach's new solo album, with Nick and Charlie Bellmore of the Connecticut band PHANTOMS assisting during the pre-production process. The singer has also written material with John 5 (ROB ZOMBIE, MARILYN MANSON).
      Canadian metal powerhouse ANNIHILATOR will perform at the 2011 edition of the Festival d'Été de Québec (Quebec City International Summer Festival) on July 10 at the Imperial Theater. This will mark the band's exclusive Canadian appearance this summer, a first for Quebec City and the first show in 18 years that ANNIHILATOR has played in North America.

      Despite ANNIHILATOR's lengthy absence from North American stages, the band has been a success around the globe since its 1989's debut release, "Alice In Hell". With 13 studio CDs, millions of records sold and dozens of world tours under their belt, the members of ANNIHILATOR are fired up to show metalheads in Canada why ANNIHILATOR has earned a reputation as one of the best live international acts out there today.

      Commented ANNIHILATOR mastermind Jeff Waters: "Well, it's been a long, long time since ANNIHILATOR has played its home country Canada; and it's about time!

      "It's been 17 years since we have played here, despite releasing records and touring Europe and Asia every year for 22 years!

      "I backed out of North American touring way back in 1994 as the metal scene essentially went underground until recently. I also ended up being a single father of a young son so I also decided to go where ANNIHILATOR was 'wanted' (Europe and Asia) and spent my off-touring months at home, being a dad and working in my studio.

      "Now that my kid is a teenager, and the kind of metal we play seems back in full swing here in North America, it is time to get out there and rock... and what better place to return to rock than Canada's metal province: Quebec!

      "We will hit the rest of Canada and the USA soon but, this summer, some metal fans will get what they have been threatening me for, for years: ANNIHILATOR's RETURN TO CANADA!"

      Moreover, metal fans will have the opportunity to experience another comeback as Montreal-based metal legends SWORD (not to be confused with Texas-based luminaries THE SWORD) will act as direct support, after nearly 20 years away from the spotlight. Fans have been demanding their return for many years, and it has now become a reality. However, most of the bandmembers remained active in the musical scene during SWORD's two-decade hiatus.

      SWORD was formed in early 1985 by brothers Mick Hughes (vocals) and Dan Hughes (drums), guitarist Mike Plant, and bassist Mike Larock. After signing with local label Aquarius Records, the band released its debut album, "Metalized", in 1986 and a follow-up effort, "Sweet Dreams", in 1987.

      SWORD never made much headway south of the border and split up soon after the release of its sophomore album.

      SWORD's sound was previously described as "a muscular brand of classic metal with tasteful riffs and solos by Plant and infectious shout-along choruses."

      Rick Hughes released a solo album in 2006 entitled "Train D'Enfer".

      The stage is set for a night to remember; and of the finest quality!
      "Nightmare", the latest album from Southern California's AVENGED SEVENFOLD, has been officially certified gold by the RIAA (Recording Industry Association Of America) for shipments in excess of 500,000 copies in the United States.

      Former DREAM THEATER drummer Mike Portnoy played on "Nightmare" following the death of AVENGED SEVENFOLD's drummer, Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan, and toured with AVENGED for the entire second half of 2010.

      Commented Portnoy upon receiving his "Nightmare" gold-album plaque: "Thanks so much to the AVENGED SEVENFOLD fans for making me feel so welcome and loved during my time with the band."

      AVENGED SEVENFOLD recently filmed a video for the song "So Far Away" with Wayne Isham, who has previously directed videos for such established artists as METALLICA, MÖTLEY CRÜE, SIMPLE PLAN, PANTERA, 'N SYNC, SHANIA TWAIN, GODSMACK, BRITNEY SPEARS, LEONA LEWIS, PINK FLOYD, SHERYL CROW, JOSS STONE, MADONNA, AVRIL LAVIGNE, DEF LEPPARD and BON JOVI.

      Isham previously helmed AVENGED SEVENFOLD's video for "Nightmare", the title track of the band's 2010 album, which came out last summer and was AVENGED SEVENFOLD's first No. 1 record.

      AVENGED SEVENFOLD is currently taking part in the headlining "Welcome To The Family Tour" with support from THREE DAYS GRACE, BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE and SEVENDUST.

      AVENGED SEVENFOLD kicked off the "Nightmare After Christmas" tour on January 20 in Reading, Pennsylvania. The show marked AVENGED's live debut with Arin Ilejay, formerly the drummer for Los Angeles-based Christian rock group CONFIDE, who is sitting behind the kit for all of AVENGED's upcoming tour dates.

      Ilejay played on CONFIDE's 2008 debut album, "Shout The Truth", and appeared on tour with the group.

      Sullivan was found dead in his Huntington Beach, California home at the age of 28. His death was attributed to a lethal combination of prescription drugs and alcohol.
      This year marks the 10th anniversary of the release of "Wages Of Sin", the first ARCH ENEMY album to feature Angela Gossow on vocals. When asked if the band has any intention of commemorating this anniversary, Angela told Radio Metal, "We're thinking about doing some special 'Wages Of Sin' shows."

      In a 2001 interview with Metal-Rules.com, Gossow stated about the ARCH ENEMY fans' reaction to her joining the band, "99 percent [of them] reacted very positively — most of them didn't know about my gender when they heard the [initial audio samples] first. We revealed my identity later. Many [described it as] a mixture of Jeff Walker [CARCASS] and Anders Fridén [IN FLAMES], [so] they were shocked when reading my name. I got many excited mails and great feedback on our comment site online."

      ARCH ENEMY's new album, "Khaos Legions", will be released on May 30 in Europe and June 7 in the U.S. via Century Media Records. The CD marks the band's return to new, original material, after the release of the "Tyrants Of The Rising Sun - Live In Japan" live DVD/CD (2008) and the re-recordings album, "The Root Of All Evil" (2009). The effort was tracked at Sweet Spot Studio in the south of Sweden with engineer Rickard Bengtsson (who produced 2005's "Doomsday Machine").
      "Hisingen Blues", the second full-length album from the Gothenburg, Sweden-based psychedelic doom rock band GRAVEYARD, sold 1,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release. The CD landed at position No. 48 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200.

      "Hisingen Blues" entered the official chart in Sweden at position No. 1. The CD, which was released in North America on April 19 via Nuclear Blast Records, was produced, recorded, and mixed in 100 percent analog by Don Alsterberg (JOSÉ GONZALES, JUNIP, SOUNDTRACK OF OUR LIVES, THE INTERNATIONAL NOISE CONSPIRACY) at Don Pierre Studios in Gothenburg, Sweden.

      "Hisingen Blues" track listing:

      01. Ain't Fit To Live Here
      02. No Good, Mr. Holden
      03. Hisingen Blues
      04. Uncomfortably Numb
      05. Buying Truth (Tack Och Förlåt)
      06. Longing
      07. Ungrateful Are The Dead
      08. RSS
      09. The Siren

      The band shares details about the album artist, Ulf Lundén: "We wanted a cover that wasn't your average rock/metal cover, and our friend Ulf Lundén was just the right guy to do it. We had seen his work for his own band, BOMBUS, and we knew he had a wild imagination. So we just let him loose. He put us up against the green screen, took his photos and that was that. A couple of weeks later, he showed us what he had done. We were astonished by his work, a perfectionist indeed. We got what we asked for, a cover that isn't average. Rich with details, swamp/jungle feeling, weirdness and a lurking evil feel to it."

      A limited-edition seven-inch picture disc of the title track, "Hisingen Blues", backed with the exclusive vinyl track "Granny And Davis" and featuring different artwork was released through Nuclear Blast Germany's mail-order on February 25 and was made available via Nuclear Blast USA's webstore on March 15. This release is limited to 500 copies worldwide.

      Video footage of GRAVEYARD performing three songs on Swedish TV can be viewed below.

      GRAVEYARD is:

      * Joakim Nilsson – Guitar & Vocals
      * Jonathan Ramm – Guitar & Vocals
      * Rikard Edlund – Bass
      * Axel Sjöberg - Drums

      For more information, visit www.myspace.com/graveyardsongs.
      Los Angeles-based bass player Ray Burke, whose credits include BRUCE DICKINSON, LIFE AFTER DEATH, ROB ROCK, WARRIOR, and currently THE GREEN ALMIGHTY, has announced the release of his debut solo album, titled "Humanity Street", out on Bright Orange Records.

      "Humanity Street", inspired by a flooded street in New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina, features an exciting array of high-caliber guest players from the metal, rock and jazz world. Included are longtime friend/guitarist Roy Z (BRUCE DICKINSON, HALFORD, TRIBE OF GYPSIES), brothers Phil and Gonzo Sandoval (ARMORED SAINT, LIFE AFTER DEATH), vocalists Jack Emrick (LIFE AFTER DEATH, FROST), Bob Khaleel (SUPER 8), and Tim Neighbors (THE GREEN ALMIGHTY), guitarists Dave Duncan, Joel Shearer (ALANIS MORRISETTE, ANNIE LENNOX, SUPER 8), Joe Floyd (WARRIOR), John Goodwin (RHOADS, RUDE AWAKENING, JAMES BLUNT), and Chris Grady (DELTANAUT), keyboardist John Schuller (BILLY PRESTON, SLY STONE), and drummers Jon Mattox (THE YOUNG DUBLINERS, UNI), and Dave Moreno (BRUCE DICKINSON, TRIBE OF GYPSIES, LOVE/HATE). Tex Nakamura (WAR, THE 44'S) on harmonica, percussionist Leon Mobley (BEN HARPER & THE INNOCENT CRIMINALS), Azar Lawrence (MILES DAVIS, MCCOY TYNER) and John
      Fumo (JAMES BROWN, BRIAN SETZER) on saxophone and trumpet, respectively, provide additional flavors. The album contains 15 cuts, including "Nostalgia", dedicated to the late great Ronnie James Dio, and a restored vintage recording of the Nat King Cole classic "There Goes My Heart", performed in 1964 by Burke's father, Arthur Lee Burke, aboard the cruise ship Riviera.

      "This album has been a true labor of love for me," states Burke who first made his mark with Illinois metal band FOREVER via their eponymous 1986 debut album on Heavy Metal America Records. "Musically, I get to stretch out in all sorts of ways, from hard rock to funky stuff and beyond. I love metal, especially BLACK SABBATH, because that's what I grew up on, but someone like Bootsy Collins from PARLIAMENT/FUNKADELIC has been as much an influence on me as Geezer Butler, and I dig jazz, too. So all that is in there somewhere. This record is like one big quilt musically as well as the people that have come in and played on these songs. I've got some of my oldest friends with me, like Jack (Emrick) and Roy Z, and Phil and Gonzo Sandoval from the LIFE AFTER DEATH days, as well as players I have admired for a long time. It's an honor to have guys like Azar Lawrence and John Fumo on these tracks who've worked with some of the all-time greats, or Bob Khaleel who
      I've been a fan of ever since I first heard SUPER 8. And to have my dad's voice on the album makes it extra sweet for me. He instilled the love of music in me so this is a fitting tribute to him."

      In additional to physical product, "Humanity Street" will also be available as a digital download from iTunes, Amazon, and other outlets. Three songs from the album are currently streaming on Burke's SoundCloud page.
      "Humanity Street" track listing:

      01. Humanity Street
      02. Planet Funk
      03. Sands Of Time
      04. Falling To Pieces
      05. Nostalgia
      06. Outerbass
      07. Rain
      08. What Up
      09. Somebody
      10. Vengeance
      11. Pops
      12. Earthmover
      13. Get On
      14. It's Monster
      15. There Goes My Heart
      Starting this fall, EMI Music will honor the legacy of THE SMASHING PUMPKINS with an extensive campaign that will see the iconic band's albums from 1991-2000 reissued in fully remastered deluxe versions, each with bonus material.

      With the full support and guidance from THE SMASHING PUMPKINS — who've created one of the most acclaimed bodies of work in musical history, selling over 30 million albums — EMI will roll out the global catalog campaign with the band's 1991 debut album "Gish", 1993's "Siamese Dream" and the 1994 compilation album "Pisces Iscariot".

      The excitement will continue into 2012 when EMI will reissue 1995's nine-times-platinum double album "Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness", 1996's five-disc box set "The Aeroplane Flies High" and 1998's "Adore".

      In 2013, their 2000 albums "Machina/The Machines Of God" and "Machina II: The Friends & Enemies Of Modern Music" will be unified into one package. A best-of compilation will also be released in 2013. The pivotal group's many hits defined the alternative music era and continue to resonate on modern rock radio, influencing a whole new generation.

      This news comes as THE SMASHING PUMPKINS have announced they will head into the studio in May to record "Oceania" — "an album within an album" — as part of their in-progress 44-song work "Teargarden By Kaleidyscope", nine songs of which have already been released online for free (with two elaborately packaged EPs available in stores). The 10 new songs from "Oceania" will be released online at once in September (exact details to be announced). The band is also eyeing a possible return to the road this August. Meanwhile, THE SMASHING PUMPKINS will release one more song ("Owata") next week (details to be announced) from "Teargarden By Kaleidyscope" before they take a break to record Oceania.

      Billy Corgan, vocalist, lead guitarist and songwriter for THE SMASHING PUMPKINS, is excited by the partnership with EMI and how this will result in the release of Pumpkins material that's in the vaults. "What makes the deal with EMI groundbreaking is the band has secured the right to all unreleased materials and will be in charge of any additional releases based on our discretion," says Billy Corgan, who founded the band in Chicago in 1988. "In essence, the band has the keys to the warehouse and can release whatever we want, when we want it. EMI totally supports this right, and they are our partners in it."

      Colin Finkelstein, COO of EMI Music North America, said, "THE SMASHING PUMPKINS is a hugely influential and groundbreaking band, and EMI Music is pleased to partner with them for this global catalog initiative. We're excited to work with Billy Corgan to release remastered and expanded editions of the band's visionary albums, including previously unreleased recordings, and for EMI Music to exclusively distribute other gems from THE SMASHING PUMPKINS vaults, as sourced by Billy."
      Former PARADISE LOST drummer Jeff Singer will rejoin his bandmates for the following shows:

      May 01- Hexentanz, Germany
      Jun. 17 - GSM Festival, Portugal

      Commented Singer: "It's great to have the opportunity to be back in the saddle with PARADISE LOST. Of course I have missed playing, but mostly I have missed seeing the lads, so rehearsals have been great and I have slotted straight back in with the shite jokes and laptop envy.

      "It has been a real pleasure to get my teeth into a few of the new songs and I am very excited about the shows as well as long hours spent in airports with nothing much to do.

      "Thanks also to [current PARADISE LOST drummer] Adrian [Erlandsson] who has been really supportive."

      PARADISE LOST completed its "Draconian Times" tour 2011 on April 1 at The Forum in London, England.

      Sony Music has just reissued PARADISE LOST's seminal 1995 album "Draconian Times" through the "Legacy" series; which features the entire digitally re-mastered album including a 5.1 Dolby Surround mix in a brand-new collector's edition digipak box set, so fans can hear the album like never before!

      To celebrate this release, PARADISE LOST performed "Draconian Times" live at a series of seven exclusive gigs in select cities around Europe: Utrecht, Bochum, London, Paris, Athens, and Thessaloniki.
      Swedish metallers SOILWORK have been confirmed for the second installment of this year's Close-Up Båten cruise, set to leave Stockholm, Sweden, for Finland on September 8 and return the next day.

      The billing for the cruise is shaping up as follows:

      HARDCORE SUPERSTAR
      DIA PSALMA
      SOILWORK
      THE RESISTANCE
      SCAR SYMMETRY
      F.K.Ú.

      THE RESISTANCE is the new Sweden-based metal "supergroup" featuring the following musicians:

      * Marco Aro (FACE DOWN, ex-THE HAUNTED) - Vocals
      * Jesper Strömblad (ex-IN FLAMES, DIMENSION ZERO) - Guitar
      * Glenn Ljungström (ex-IN FLAMES, DIMENSION ZERO) - Guitar
      * Alex Losbäck Holstad (ex-DESPITE, DECAMERON, CARDINAL SIN) - Bass
      * Chris Barkensjö (CARNAL FORGE, GODSIC, ex-GRAVE) – Drums
      Philadelphia, Pennsylvania hard rock powerhouse A LIFE ONCE LOST has announced the addition of drummer Jordan Crouse to the group's ranks. After the departure of Justin Graves earlier this year, the band auditioned several candidates and selected fellow Philadelphia resident Crouse.

      "I'm stoked to be joining up with A LIFE ONCE LOST," says Jordan. "Performing at New England Metal And Hardcore Festival two weeks ago was definitely a great experience and I'm looking forward to touring and working on the new record due out later this year."

      A LIFE ONCE LOST is putting the finishing touches on its new album for a fall release via Season Of Mist. Paul Romano (MASTODON, TRIVIUM, THE RED CHORD), designer of the art for previous A LIFE ONCE LOST records "Hunter" and "Iron Gag", is confirmed to illustrate the album art.
      Lancaster, Pennsylvania-based Christian metalcore quintet AUGUST BURNS RED will release its fourth album, "Leveler", on June 21 via Sollid State Records. The effort will be available in both regular and deluxe editions — a first for the band.

      Commented guitarist JB Brubaker: "For the bonus tracks on the deluxe editions, we were able to collaborate with some close friends and amazing musicians. Our friends in the post rock band BELLS did an amazing job reworking our song 'Pangaea' and making it into something completely different. It sounds absolutely huge and we love it. Our close friend, Zach Veilleux, a virtuoso piano player, shredded a piano rendition of our song 'Boys of Fall'. Dustin and I recorded an acoustic version of our song 'Internal Cannon' with some mariachi flare and a ridiculous guitar solo courtesy of Jason Suecof. Finally, we threw in one of the original midi tracks from the 'Leveler' writing process to give everyone an idea of how our songs sound before they get recorded. It's pure 1988 Nintendo bliss."

      While AUGUST BURNS RED has never succumbed to the artistic trends in metal album covers, "Leveler" represents an even larger departure than fans have seen on the band's previous albums. The artwork, created by artist Jordan Crane, brings a striking comic book flair that the band wanted the artwork to encompass.

      "What we were going for with the cover was an image of a house that had been destroyed by a natural disaster," says Brubaker. "The cover depicts a house that has been leveled by something like a hurricane. You can see the trees in the background are bent sideways from enduring strong winds. There are a bunch of chickens in the foreground who have come out of hiding to continue on with their daily activities. The chickens represent the calm after the storm. They represent life and the promise of a new day. The art has a real indie-rock vibe to it, which I like because while we're obviously not an indie band, we're not a typical metal band either."

      For "Leveler", AUGUST BURNS RED re-teamed with producer Jason Suecof, the man behind the board on the band's previous CD, 2009's "Constellations", which landed at No. 24 on The Billboard 200 and sold more than 90,000 copies. The result is an album that pushes the band's sonic boundaries in every direction, yet emerges as an unquestionably heavier album than its predecessor.

      "Leveler" track listing:

      01. Empire
      02. Internal Cannon
      03. Divisions
      04. Cutting the Ties
      05. Pangaea
      06. Carpe Diem
      07. 740 Nights
      08. Salt & Light
      09. Poor Millionaire
      10. 1/16/2011
      11. Boys of Fall
      12. Leveler

      Bonus tracks for deluxe edition:

      13. Internal Cannon (acoustic)
      14. Pangaea (performed by BELLS)
      15. Boys of Fall (performed by Zachary Veilleux)
      16. Empire (midi)

      http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/soulflypremiere/augustleveler.jpg
      Northeast Ohio traditional metal band H.A.T.E. will make their new, "Inject The Infection", album available for purchase at the Keep It True festival, set to take place on April 29-30, 2011 at Tauberfrankenhalle in Lauda-Königshofen, Germany. The CD's official release date is May 17 via Auburn Records.

      "We wanted to give the diehard, true metal fans attending the festival the first chance to purchase a copy of this new album," says Auburn Records president Bill Peters. "These fans have been very supportive to my label and bands over the years. This is a small token of my appreciation to thank them for all of their support."

      H.A.T.E.'s guitarist/vocalist and main songwriter, Greg Wagner, is also the vocalist in BREAKER, which will perform at this year's Keep It True festival. The band is scheduled to take the stage on Friday, April 29 at 6:30 p.m.

      "Forget anything you may have heard from H.A.T.E. in the past," adds Peters. "This is the best-sounding H.A.T.E. recording ever. Curran Murphy (SHATTER MESSIAH, NEVERMORE, ANNIHILATOR) did an amazing job with the production and plays guitar on most of the tracks. Alex Yarborough designed the packaging, which includes and features a lot of excellent band photos from photographer Joe Kleon. I am very happy with the way everything turned out."

      "Inject The Infection" track listing:

      01. Crazed
      02. Survive
      03. Inject The Infection
      04. Hey Baby
      05. Love You To Death
      06. Schitzo
      07. Packing The Nine
      08. Shock 'Em All
      09. Love Taker
      10. Abashed
      11. H.A.T.E.
      12. Swords And Tequila (RIOT cover) (bonus track)

      H.A.T.E. is:

      Greg Wagner - Vocals/Guitar
      Charlie Ruszin - Bass
      Mike Miller - Guitar
      Brent Matthias – Drums
      German thrashers EXUMER will enter a studio in Dortmund, Germany this summer with producer Waldemar Sorychta (GRIP INC., ENEMY OF THE SUN, VOODOOCULT, THERION, TIAMAT, MOONSPELL) to begin recording their first album in 24 years. The band's third CD will be recorded and mixed between early June and end of July and will feature artwork by Baptiste Treton, a French-born artist who resides in Vietnam.

      Commented EXUMER vocalist Mem V. Stein: "We basically took off from playing live for this entire year in order to concentrate solely on writing, recording and mixing this record.

      "Waldemar was the most logical choice for us in regards to producing this very important album. We heard what he had done with the last SODOM album and we all agreed that he is capable of preserving the spirit of a 1980s thrash band but still make them sound relevant today. That is exactly what we envision for EXUMER. We became quite confident that we will achieve this objective after meeting Waldemar earlier this year and trust his intuition as a producer, songwriter and musician, as well as his ability to push EXUMER's envelope when it is necessary."

      EXUMER began negotiating with several labels to release the upcoming CD and will announce the album's title once a record deal has been secured.
      CONSFEARACY (formerly PROPHESY), the American/German metal band featuring lead vocalist Brian O'Connor (ex-VICIOUS RUMORS), guitarist Fabian Schwarz (THE NEW BLACK), bassist Günter Auschrat (THE NEW BLACK, ABANDONED), guitarist Ira Black (ex-VICIOUS RUMORS, LIZZY BORDEN, METAL CHURCH) and drummer Timo Weis, has inked a deal with Massacre Records. The group produced, recorded and mixed its self-titled album in 2010, then mastered it with Achim Köhler in Germany. A July 4 release is expected (three days earlier in Germany).

      "We are very excited to be a part of the Massacre Records family and are looking forward to releasing our debut record to the metal masses," CONSFEARACY says in a statement.

      According to a press release, CONSFEARACY's "heavy power-tech-thrash metal formula" features "heavy and soaring dynamic vocals, technical attacking melodic guitars, driving bass and precision drumming. CONSFEARACY writes about controversial topics surrounding conspiracy theories, the new world order, spiritualism, relationships and end of days prophecies. Together, these well-established international recording artists have created an undeniable metal force. The album cover artwork was created by graphic designer Dennis Sibeijn, who has captured the band's view surrounding the mysticism of the illuminati. His [previous] works include [art for] CAVALERA CONSPIRACY, LAMB OF GOD, KILLSWITCH ENGAGE, JOB FOR A COWBOY and CHIMAIRA.

      For more information, visit www.facebook.com/consfearacyband.
      Pandie Suicide of BareBonesMusic.com conducted separate interviews with SLIPKNOT percussionist Shawn "Clown" Crahan and drummer Joey Jordison on the "black carpet" of the third annual Revolver Golden Gods Awards, which was held on April 20 at Club Nokia in Los Angeles, California. You can now watch the footage below.

      On whether they think they will be another SLIPKNOT album in the not-too-distant future:

      Crahan: "Do I want another SLIPKNOT record? Absolutely. I'm not a fortune teller, so I can't promise anybody anything. You and I can get killed on the way somewhere tonight. So... Do I want one? Yes. Do I know [if that will happen]? I don't know."

      Jordison: "As far as I'm concerned, yeah. I personally have, now... I don't know... probably over 17 songs."

      On the upcoming SLIPKNOT shows, the band's first performances since the passing of bassist Paul Gray:

      Crahan: "I'll say what I said [before]. It's kind of hard to follow, but... There's an F16 fighter jet, right? And when the pilots are in the jet, there's a giant pie — a red pie — around the jet. Do you know what that represents? It's a safety zone. So if you're inside the pie, you have more than a better chance of getting sucked up through the jet engine and thrown out, spit out the other side. There will be a giant, red pie around our stage. So it's a very serious, serious place to be. I'll be in tears before I even hit the first stair. And I need it very much — and we need it. So I'm looking forward to it, but it's gonna be very hard."

      Jordison: "It's gonna be really cool. It's gonna a big event, for sure. It's gonna be really, really emotional. It's gonna be, honestly, probably the best shows of my career.

      "I've been in rehearsal over the last few weeks with our new bass player, Donnie [Steele], and my feeling is that these will probably be the biggest and most emotional shows that we've ever had. I'm just speaking for myself and the rest of the band that we can't wait and [the shows] are gonna be amazing. Everything's on fire right now, so..."

      Paul Gray's widow Brenna revealed in a recent interview with Revolver that her husband had agreed to get help for his drug problem just one day before he died on May 24, 2010. Brenna, who said she had dealt with Paul's drug issues several times over the years, explained, "I realized what was going on when I found things at home — then he passed away that Sunday. So I really had no time to make a move. On the Saturday I said, 'Hey, we need to do something. We need to fix this.' He agreed. He was getting ready to go out on tour with (side project) Hail and he said, 'I'll go get help after this tour.' But I said, 'You're not going.' I called his manager and told him to cancel. But I think it was a little too late."

      Paul was found dead in a hotel room in a suburb of Des Moines, Iowa, where he and SLIPKNOT were based. April 8 would have been his 39th birthday.

      Brenna said she didn't know what led her husband to drugs, but thinks it had something to do with his childhood. She revealed that his father, who committed suicide, was also a drug addict, adding, "I never pushed him to talk about it because it was such a burden to him.."

      The young widow also said she was shocked by some of the public reaction to Paul's death, saying, "If he could have controlled (his addiction), he would have. He wanted to be done with it. But it's a life-long disease — even if he stayed clean for the rest of his life he'd still have had the disease."

      Crahan told The Pulse Of Radio he tuned out the negative comments people made after his bandmate's death. "I had to finally release myself of any of it, you know. I had to void myself of what people were saying," he said. "I mean, anything that was said negative doesn't even register, because anybody that wants to spend any time on the negative, you know, they're just going to have to deal with it with their own life, when their own father or mother or aunt or brother or sister dies. You're going to have to deal with the negative because it just comes along with death."

      Paul and Brenna's daughter, October, was born last August, three months after her father's death. Brenna said, "She went through a phase where she looked just like him . . . She has his smile: she has these huge dimples and when she smiles, that's Paul right there."
      Metal Insider conducted an interview with Chino Moreno, vocalist and lyrical mastermind of DEFTONES, on April 16, 2011 at the third show of the Sacramento band's current U.S. tour in support of its sixth studio effort, "Diamond Eyes". A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

      Metal Insider: I heard a rumor that for last night's show that you guys might be playing "Around The Fur" and "Diamond Eyes" in their entirety. Did that actually end up happening?

      Chino: It didn't happen. It was exactly what you said, a rumor. In fact, I think someone from our management office had posted it somewhere, whether it be Facebook or Twitter or something like that. When we read about it and were like, "What!?" So, yeah, I mean, we thought about doing it and then yesterday when we got here we were like, "Let's just play." We feel like it kind of would have been — I mean, to ignore some of our other records, although it would be fun to play those in their entirety, y'know, may be a special thing, but I feel like there would be a lot of people that would be bummed because we left so much of our other records, especially our new record since we're out promoting it, but to leave out songs from "White Pony" and "Adrenaline", y'know, if we were going to play those songs I could see a lot people being more upset than the people that would be happy with just those two. So, at the end of the day we just figured we'd play a
      heavy set with "Around The Fur" and heavy on the new record, but y'know, we'll mix it up.

      Metal Insider: Is there a plan for that in the future?

      Chino: I don't know. We've been asked to do it before, so we've done it. It's one of those things, if someone really wants us to do it we will do it if it's like a special thing but it's almost like we'd be going up there handcuffed since we could only play those two records. It wouldn't make for a dynamic or fun show. It would still be good, I shouldn't say that because we could make it great I'm sure but, I don't know. We really aren't making plans for it.

      Metal Insider: With that, do you feel obligated to play songs off your older records for your older fans?

      Chino: No, I feel obligated to at least play stuff from all the records. Not just the older records but all of them – even though lately we haven't been playing much of the last record, "Saturday Night Wrist". Some nights we don't play any of it but tonight we're going to bring some of that stuff back. I think the best thing is to always do with the set list — because a lot of people whether it be their age or when they got into us, I mean, a lot of people, they hear that one record, whatever record that might be that got them into us, y'know? Who knows what record it could be? Y'know, a lot of people are different. A lot of kids that come have like the self-titled record and say, ‘This is my favorite record' and I'd be like, okay, well, we weren't going to play anything from this tonight so we'll add a couple songs on the setlist just try to balance it out really.

      Metal Insider: You guys have worked with a number of producers like Terry Date, Nick Raskulinecz, and others. Who has been your favorite to work with thus far or can you even name a favorite?

      Chino: I love Terry, but it was also cool to work with Nick because I got a whole different perspective of a different type of producer. [Nick] is a whole different type of producer from Terry and that was an experience, too, but I love Terry as a person. I mean, he's a great dude, and I hung out with a couple of days ago. He's kind of an older guy and he's really wise. I don't know, he's just one of my favorite people in the world so I just like to spend time with him and not only is he great at what he does but he's got so much rad history and he's worked with so many great artists but more than anything you can learn a lot from just talking to him and working with him. Yeah, he's great.
      Pulverised Records has announced the signing of Swedish death metallers SKINEATER.

      Formed in late 2008, SKINEATER features scene veterans Håkan Stuvemark (ex-WOMBBATH, ex-IN THY DREAMS), Stefan Westerberg (ex-CARNAL FORGE, ex-IN THY DREAMS), Thomas Ohlsson (APOSTASY, ex-THE PROJECT HATE MCMXCIX) and Jörgen Ström (THE MARY MAJOR).

      Commented Stuvemark: "All we've heard about [Pulverised] — and through our own experience during negotiating with the label — has been good! Now we can aim to record the debut album. The recording will take place this summer and with this excellent lineup, we are ready to cause some damage, so keep yer eyes and ears open!"

      Added Pulverised Records A&R manager Calvin Chiang: "After we heard about SKINEATER, it was obviously a no-brainer that their brand of crushing death metal fitted the Pulverised roster perfectly. With their downright devastating and ruthless vibe combined with a slight tinge of melodic elemen<br/><br/>(Message over 64 KB, truncated)