Hard Rock and Heavy Metal News

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 29, 2010
      According to The Pulse Of Radio, Alice Cooper has revealed in a new interview with ClashMusic.com how he would like to spend his last day on Earth, saying he would start the day on Hawaii before hitting the legendary golf courses at Augusta and Pine Valley. He explained, "I'd wake up in Maui. That's the best place to wake up in the world anyway, because that's sort of like halfway between Earth and Heaven. It's the halfway point. It gives you a little taste of Heaven . . . And then you're immediately on the first tee at Augusta, and then you're immediately on the first tee at Pine Valley."

      Cooper added that if the record on each course is a score of 64, "two 59s would be great!"

      The shock-rocker told The Pulse Of Radio not long ago that people are always surprised that his game is very strong. "Three handicap, and I play five times a week, and I play really good," he laughed. "Yeah, that's the one thing I can really do, other than Alice Cooper. That surprises people, I think. They just can't believe that Alice Cooper could be a three handicap, but I am."

      Cooper added that his last day would be completed by a dinner with people like Mike Myers, Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta Jones, Sylvester Stallone, Rob Zombie, Ringo Starr and Paul McCartney — with the vegan McCartney eating a "big thick steak" in Cooper's honor.

      Finally, after a jam session with his guests, Cooper said, "I think you just go to sleep. I can't imagine a long death."

      As for his epitaph, Cooper suggested, "Here lies Alice. Since when he was teething, he never stopped talking 'til he stopped breathing."

      Cooper is among the 2011 inductees into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, along with Neil Diamond, Dr. John, Darlene Love and Tom Waits. The ceremony will be held on March 14 at New York City's Waldorf Astoria Hotel.

      According to Reuters, AC/DC came in at No. 2 on the list of the world's top concert attractions of 2010 after making all its money overseas. AC/DC grossed $177 million from 40 shows while METALLICA was No. 5 with $110.1 million from 60 overseas dates. Meanwhile, BON JOVI ended the year as the world's top concert draw, having sold $201.1 million worth of tickets, split almost evenly between North America and the rest of the world.

      AC/DC was honored in the "Top Boxscore" category at the Billboard Touring Awards, which were handed out at a special reception in New York on November 4. The awards are primarily based on global box office numbers reported to Billboard Boxscore from October 1, 2009, through September 30, 2010.

      The "Top Boxscore" award recognizes the highest-grossing single engagement for the time period. Two of the Boxscore finalists were from AC/DC: a three-night, sold-out stand at ANZ Stadium in Sydney and three more sellouts at Etihad Stadium in Melbourne; both were in February. The third finalist for Top Boxscore was the Download festival in the U.K.

      METALLICA wrapped up its two-year-long "World Magnetic" tour on November 21 with the last of three shows in Melbourne, Australia, bringing to an end a trek that began on September 12, 2008 in Berlin to support the band's ninth studio album, "Death Magnetic". The group issued a statement compiling the tour's numbers, which included "45 countries, 143 arena shows, 34 festival shows, 29 stadium shows, four club/theater shows, three TV/radio shows, two Hall of Fame shows, 3790 songs, and not a single setlist was the same."

      The group played a total of 216 shows in 800 days.

      METALLICA is already confirmed to headline Rock In Rio next September in Brazil. The band will also make several festival appearances in Europe over the summer.

      Rocker-turned-filmmaker Rob Zombie has rolled out his very own line of coffee. His first two blends — French Roast Organic and Peru Organic — are available in 1 lb. bags for $13.99 each (plus shipping and handling) at
      http://robzombie.shop.bravadousa.com/Dept.aspx?cp=30708_41622

      "What can I say? I fucking love coffee," Zombie told AOL's Noisecreep. "I started drinking this magic drink when I was a little kid and never stopped. So that's the reason I now have my own Hellbilly brew; 24/7, cranked on black gold! Hell yeah, let's go!"

      Rob Zombie French Roast Organic Whole Bean Coffee description: "Our deepest and darkest roasted coffee. This 100% Certified Organic, Fair Trade Certified French Roast offering has a surprising characteristic that you'll notice when you purchase whole beans — a hint of speckle. This is because we artistically blend our French Roast with a moderate percentage of different roasts, producing a complex taste profile that no other French-style coffee has in existence. Savor the deepness."

      Rob Zombie Peru Organic Whole Bean Coffee description: "From the tall peaks of the Andes to the tropical forests of the Amazon Basin, Peruvian coffees are as distinct as their birthplace. Featuring 100% Certified Organic, Fair Trade Certified beans, this incredible single-origin coffee supports the battle against social and environmental challenges. Medium-bodied with a tangy fruit finish, our lively Peru has been hand-crafted to realize its complete flavor potential."

      Zoom has announced the addition of guitarist and lead vocalist Dave Mustaine of the iconic band MEGADETH to its family of artists. Mustaine has been a mainstay in the metal community for over 25 years, having formed MEGADETH in 1983. Internationally acclaimed as one of the greatest metal guitarists in the world, Mustaine is also an accomplished producer.

      Mustaine and Zoom will introduce the all-new G2.1DM Dave Mustaine Signature Edition Guitar Effects Pedal at a press conference on Saturday, January 15, 2011 from 1:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Zoom booth (#5940) at the NAMM (National Association Of Music Merchants) show at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California.

      "This pedal is built for action," declares Mustaine. "With my personal sound effects and a large expression pedal modeled after the accelerator of one of my favorite cars onboard, the G2.1DM leaves all contenders at the starting line."

      2010 was a huge year for Mustaine and MEGADETH. It marked the 20th anniversary of "Rust In Peace", considered one of the most influential heavy metal albums of all time. MEGADETH also performed as part of the "Big Four" tour in Europe alongside METALLICA, SLAYER and ANTHRAX, as well as the "American Carnage" tour. And 2011 is expected to be even bigger.

      "It's been a honor working closely with Dave on this new pedal," says Mark Menghi, Artist Relations Director. "Zoom has been fully committed to capturing his thrash metal guitar sound in the G2.1DM. We are excited to be unleashing it on guitar players everywhere."

      Last year's NAMM drew 85,000 registrants from 100 countries and attracted 1,400-plus exhibitors.

      The NAMM show is one of the largest music product trade shows in the world.

      NAMM show is **NOT** open to the public. The only attendees are NAMM member companies and their invited guests.

      For more information, visit Namm.org.

      Legendary hard rock singer Joe Lynn Turner (DEEP PURPLE, RAINBOW, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN) is slated to appear on Russia's most popular New Year's Eve television broadcast: Channel One's "Olivier". According to Russian music journalist Tatiana Mikhailova, the word "Olivier" in Russian culture is the name of the popular salad dish traditionally served on New Year's Eve. The television show itself is reportedly a "salad" mix of interviews and entertainment. Mikhailova reports that Sting, Elton John and ROXETTE are other musicians scheduled to be shown on this broadcast. Although Joe did not perform at the show's taping, he was interviewed for the program.

      "Olivier" is recorded a few days before New Year's Eve and also shown on January 7 (Russian Christmas).

      In mid-December, Turner was summoned to appear as a member of the "jury" on "Fashion Verdict", one of Russia's most widely viewed daytime television shows, with one of the largest audience of women viewers. It's a fashion makeover show with goals that are similar to the American TV show "Style Court" and USA cable TV programs "What Not To Wear" (The Learning Channel) or "How Do I Look?" (Style network). Joe gave advice to the woman "on trial."

      Turner's recent solo tour of Russia was a huge success. He played over 15 dates, including several in Siberia. The singer states, "Siberia was an amazing mix of Chinese, Japanese and Russian fans. They loved the music so much they were singing along to many of the songs!"

      Joe is humbled by his multi-dimensional celebrity status in Russia and all of Eastern Europe. He explains, "This area is like the Wild West of the East! There is so much uncharted territory and I have enjoyed every minute of playing to these loyal audiences who still appreciate pure, classic rock. Yet I still cannot wrap myself around the fact that I am considered a major celebrity here. I am just doing my job... making music, singing, giving my 'all' on tour."

      The Russian infatuation with Turner probably began in the late 1980s when he played several sold out shows in Leningrad and Moscow as a member of guitarist YNGWIE MALMSTEEN'S RISING FORCE. The singer helped the guitar virtuoso reach a wider audience with the album "Odyssey" and album/video/DVD "Live In Leningrad". The Russians did not forget and later embraced Turner when he toured the country with Glenn Hughes and the HUGHES TURNER PROJECT. Many other appearances followed, including numerous solo shows and a command performance for President Dmitry Medvedev, other major government officials and Russian oil company executives at a private concert in Moscow.

      Turner has many exciting projects in the works for 2011 and will announce more news in January.

      Glam rockers BANG TANGO have updated their tour schedule. Confirmed dates are as follows:

      January
      21 - Murphy's - Memphis, TN
      22 - Samurai Saki House - Oklahoma City, OK
      23 - The House of Bricks - Des Moines, IA
      25 - The Grove - Lincoln, NE
      28 - Out of Bounds - Loveland, CO

      February
      20 - Island Bar & Grill - Surfside Beach, SC
      23 - 37 Main - Buford, GA
      24 - The Muse - Nashville, TN
      25 - Tremont Music Hall - Charlotte, NC
      26 - Sky Club - Augusta, GA
      27 - The State Theatre - St. Petersburg, FL

      May
      19 - Club Vegas - Salt Lake City, UT
      20 - Diamonds - Jerome, ID
      22 - Bike Rally - Casper, WY

      Critically acclaimed New York City rock 'n' roll band THE COMPULSIONS has scheduled a live performance at legendary rock club Don Hill's In New York City. The group's lineup will feature founder and front man Rob Carlyle along with Richard Fortus (GUNS N' ROSES) on guitar, Sami Yaffa (MICHAEL MONROE, NEW YORK DOLLS) on bass and Frank Ferrer (GUNS N' ROSES) on drums. The show will take place at midnight on Saturday, January 8.

      Commented Carlyle: "It's been about a year since we performed together because we've all been busy with different projects. But everyone's schedule is finally clear so we figured it was time to do a show."

      A full-length COMPULSIONS album, titled "Beat The Devil", is in the works.

      "The audience response has been over the top and there's an incredible amount of chemistry when we play together so the goal is to raise THE COMPULSIONS' profile and keep this thing going as long as possible," added Carlyle. "Fingers crossed."

      Ferrer and Fortus have both appeared on all three THE COMPULSIONS EPs, "Laughter From Below", "Demon Love" and "Been Through Hell". The six-song discs have received near universal critical acclaim from both the underground and mainstream press, including being called "coolest band in the world" by Classic Rock magazine.

      For more information, visit www.myspace.com/thecompulsions.

      Websites: www.marcomendoza.com - www.myspace.com/marcomendozamusic
      Interviewer: Ruben Mosqueda

      Marco Mendoza is an inspiration to all the kids with Latin American roots who aspire to have a career in music. Mendoza is a bass player by trade, but he also writes, sings and plays guitar. He has performed with some pretty big names in the metal and hard rock world -- playing with David Coverdale in Whitesnake and with John Sykes in both Blue Murder and Thin Lizzy as well as on Sykes' solo work. He's also recorded and toured with Ted Nugent, been a part of Planet US which evolved into SoulsirkUS, played on the latest Lynch Mob album 'Smoke And Mirrors' and he's recently released his second solo record 'Casa Mendoza'. Marco's latest album is an eclectic body of work that ranges from hard rock to soul to blues to jazz with a Latin flavor to it. 'Casa Mendoza' is an album that any true music connoisseur will sink their teeth into and give multiple spins to. Sleaze Roxx recently spoke with Marco about his new album and the various projects that he's been
      involved in -- most recently the resurrected Thin Lizzy with new recruits Vivian Campbell and Ricky Warwick.

      Sleaze Roxx: How long has 'Casa Mendoza' been in the planning stages?

      Marco Mendoza: I'm always writing. I'm always moving fast as you know -- I'm always involved with something. I'm constantly writing and recording demos. I tuck them away and when there's a window of opportunity to do some work on my solo material I'll pull them out. I'd say that about two years after the release of my last album 'Live For Tomorrow' I was approached by Mascot Records to work on a new album. I agreed to do it when I had some down time. The advent of Protools has made recording so convenient, it virtually makes pre-production easy. I like that once you get going things move relatively fast. Right now I have about five songs that are ready for the next album, there's a tentative time frame for the next record -- it will also be released by Mascot Records. I'd like to have the next album released around August of 2011, so I'd like to have that record turned into the label by April or May of 2011. The last three years have been extremely busy
      for me, it seems like I go from one project to another to another.

      Sleaze Roxx: As rock fans we try to find comparisons when we hear new music -- it's what we do. I compare 'Casa Mendoza' to classic Santana if the band debuted in 2010. There's a great mix of classic rock, blues, soul, funk and jazz.

      Marco Mendoza: Thank you for that comparison. I agree with what you said, it just happened that I went into the studio with some of my friends and the only rule was that there would be no boundaries. I'm hearing a lot of positive things in the reviews and interviews that I've do so far. It's very cool man, I think everybody has been pleasantly surprised with what they heard on the album.

      Sleaze Roxx: The bulk of the material on 'Casa Mendoza' is original material but there are some covers. Steve Wonder's "Living For The City" is in there as is the classic "Suzie Q" which has been rearranged and sounds nothing like the version that we've come to know.

      Marco Mendoza: I've been doing new arrangements for classic songs for years when I've played with friends or with my trio. "Suzie Q" is the first song that I ever learned when I was getting into music. There's a lot of sentimental value in that song for me, whenever I get a chance to play it live I do. "Suzie Q" is a very simple song but it's well known amongst the classic rock fans. It's a blast to play that song live -- we feed off the audience's energy. "Living For The City", which you mentioned, also gets a pretty good response. These songs have been a huge part of musical vocabulary and they've left a lasting impression on me as a musician. This, for me, was another way of saying 'this is a classic, here it is like you haven't heard it before'.

      Sleaze Roxx: You've assembled a solid band on 'Casa Mendoza'. Bass players aren't given much credit in the hard rock realm unless you're Geddy Lee or Billy Sheehan but you showed off your chops on this album.

      Marco Mendoza: You know what, I'll agree with you there. The common denominator has been, in all of the interviews that I have been doing today, is that people are surprised with my playing. I'm so happy with the response and the compliments about my playing... I'm so honored. I'll say this, if you see me and the band live we take it to an entire other level. I surround myself with nothing but the best musicians.

      Sleaze Roxx: You close out 'Casa Mendoza' with a bonus cut entitled "Tu" which is sung entirely in Spanish. Is this a potential market that you would like to explore in the future? Rock music in Spanish is hard to come by in North America.

      Marco Mendoza: My first language is Spanish -- I grew up in Tijuana, Mexico, and then lived in Mexico City. I was bombarded with all of the Latin American influences and rhythms, then the English invasion and southern rock... so again these were part of my musical vocabulary. A song in Spanish will surprise some but to me it's very natural. I included my mother on "Tu", she sang on it -- she's since passed away but I will always have her on the song. I didn't note that on the album, I'd rather do it in these interviews.

      My mom was a professional singer, it was my mother who said to me, "Marco why don't you think about doing a song in Spanish?" As you know "Tu" is the translation of "you" in Spanish. The song, in essence, is me talking to God -- it speaks to my spiritual beliefs and the power of prayer. I hope you like it, I know a lot of people are digging it. It's a trip because we did an English and Spanish version and I think the Spanish version is better. I'm not one to listen to my own music, but when I heard "Tu" I was like wow!

      Sleaze Roxx: Your musical resume is outstanding -- you played with John Sykes and Blue Murder, then you followed him to Thin Lizzy and you worked with David Coverdale and Whitesnake. How uncomfortable was it for you having had a foot in both the Whitesnake and Thin Lizzy camps, seeing as the falling out between Coverdale and Sykes has been well documented.

      Marco Mendoza: Yeah I think you hit the nail on the head, it was uncomfortable. I have since resolved my issues with John. I'm a bass player, it's not only my livelihood but my passion and my trade. If you can believe this, I received a call from David Coverdale who was looking for a bass player. He offered to fly me up to his house to see if we clicked and we hit it off. During the time that I was with David we talked about maybe him reuniting with John Sykes. I'll take credit for them talking again years after their falling out. I did the same with Tommy Aldridge. For whatever reason things didn't work out and John didn't return. It would have been great to have John back in Whitesnake but it didn't work. In my opinion that would have been the right move.

      My time in Whitesnake was a great time, I loved every second of it. Going back to my time with John Sykes we did a great live album that wasn't well received for whatever reason. I'm a guy that if I make mistakes or have issues with somebody I like to resolve them. The truth is life is too short, bury the hatchet if you will, and move on. I like to keep my sanity, resentments are not good period. I was a little disappointed that John and David weren't able to forgive and more forward, but they make their own choices. I haven't spoke to David Coverdale since I left Whitesnake. I talk to John Sykes, our paths have crossed and we live in the same town.

      Sleaze Roxx: What are John's thoughts on Thin Lizzy continuing on without him? I guess he thought that Thin Lizzy had gone as far as it could and wanted to put the band to rest. Scott Gorham obviously thought otherwise because he went out and picked up guitarist Vivian Campbell and singer Ricky Warwick.

      Marco Mendoza: I think that in John's mind the idea had run its course. John had been there for years and he needed to address what he wanted to do musically. I wanted to do my solo album, I was slated to do some work with Ted Nugent and was working with Neal Schon. I don't think I would have been able to get this album done had there not been that break from Whitesnake and Thin Lizzy. It's hard for fans to understand, but for John he just needed to move on. It was Scott Gorham and Brian Downey that wanted to revisit Thin Lizzy, they made some phone calls and I was one of them and here we go. I have to say the band sound great and the players couldn't be better. The new guys are Irish, they know the history of the band and they experienced the Phil Lynott phenomenon first hand. We're excited the word is out and now we'll see how it goes.

      Sleaze Roxx: I think the live performance speaks for itself. You guys released a great live album 'One Night Only' with the previous incarnation of Thin Lizzy -- you would have to hear the band before you pan it.

      Marco Mendoza: The bottom line is the songs speak for themselves. I would say that you can take any line-up and the songs would sound great. It's one of those rarities where the songs and the legacy are so strong that it's truly a testament to Phil Lynott's incredible ability to write a song. You can't go wrong here man, the true fans will really appreciate the players and the musicianship. Ultimately I think you'd have to see it to believe it. We just played a showcase for about 150 people a few days ago. It was a full set for people in the press and industry people and they were just blown away. That's all I've got to say, just come check us out before you judge. I fly out of L.A. on January 3rd and we kick off our European tour on January 6th. We're looking at booking some U.S. dates for 2011. We're getting invited to play places now. It's an exciting time for us right now.

      Sleaze Roxx: You recorded with George Lynch and laid down the bass tracks for the new Lynch Mob album 'Smoke And Mirrors'. Why didn't that work out because you were supposed to do the tour, right?

      Marco Mendoza: We did the album and we were supposed to do a big summer tour with Cinderella but Tom Keifer blew out his voice and the tour was cancelled. George called me and Lynch Mob had some festival dates slated which was cool because I was free. It was a blast, we wanted to do some writing and get a deal. We got a deal with Frontiers Records which was my label, we recorded and started looking into promoting the album and I started getting calls about other projects. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to work with Dolores O'Riordan, the former singer of The Cranberries, on her album, I got a call from Neal Schon, Ted Nugent and Mascot approached me about the solo album. There was a conflict because George was spending his time doing Souls Of We and I just couldn't wait around for him to do the Lynch Mob tour. I was offered the Lynch Mob tour but I just couldn't wait 2-3 months to do it. He understood, I talk to him all the time. I just saw him at
      the Thin Lizzy rehearsals, we talked a little bit and we talked about possibly doing some dates, so we'll see what happens.

      Sleaze Roxx: Last question, you were also part of Soul SirkUS, which was initially Planet US, and originally featured Michael Anthony and Sammy Hagar. Then Jeff Scott Soto and you stepped in and joined guitarist Neal Schon and drummer Deen Castronovo, who was later replaced by Virgil Donati. The talent pool was there, so why didn't that band make it?

      Marco Mendoza: I was disappointed that band didn't continue. Neal went back to work with Journey, Jeff always has something brewing, and I was doing other things. We went out and did a few shows behind the album and there was little support by the label and our management. Soul SirkUS wasn't our priority at that time, that along with some personality issues which I won't go into. We lost interest and the thing fizzled. Sorry I can't go into specifics, but sometimes things are just not meant to be. If the people involved aren't fully committed it just won't work.

      Having said that, I just completed an album with Neal Schon and Deen Castonovo. I was in San Francisco two weeks ago wrapping up the recording. The record will be out early next year right after the release of the new Journey album. I hope that we get a chance to go out on the road to promote that because we all sing on it. I'm curious to hear the fans' reaction.

      Rock artists GREAT WHITE with special guest vocalist Jani Lane (ex-WARRANT) will perform New Year's Eve (December 31) in the Woodlands Ballroom at the Fortune Bay Resort Casino in the Minnesota family vacation resort Lake Vermilion Resort from 10 p.m. to midnight. This will be a free show but you must be 18 to attend

      Lane has been singing with GREAT WHITE for the past few months, filling in for the band's longtime lead vocalist, Jack Russell, who is recuperating from surgery.

      "It's been fantastic," Lane told Timberjay. "I've been friends with Jack for decades and I told him I'd be happy to fill in for him."

      Regarding his approach to singing someone else's material for the first time, Lane said, "I wanted to stay true to how Jack sings. I didn't realize how hard that would be." Lane said he had to train himself to sing at a higher pitch than usual. "I asked him why he sings so high all the time," Jani said.

      As for his newfound bandmates, Lane said, "The guys in GREAT WHITE have been really pleasant to work with. They're very professional. For them, it's all about sounding good for the fans and coming home and taking care of business."

      AC/DC, GODSMACK, AVENGED SEVENFOLD and DISTURBED have released some of the top-selling hard rock/heavy metal albums of 2010, according to Billboard.com.

      The following CDs have made Billboard.com's Top 200 list of the year-end top-selling albums across all genres, ranked by sales data as compiled by Nielsen SoundScan:

      42. Dark Horse - NICKELBACK
      53. A Thousand Suns - LINKIN PARK
      65. Iron Man 2 (Soundtrack) - AC/DC
      71. The Oracle - GODSMACK
      76. Nightmare - AVENGED SEVENFOLD
      81. Asylum - DISTURBED
      88. The Circle - BON JOVI
      106. Journey's Greatest Hits - JOURNEY
      111. Them Crooked Vultures - THEM CROOKED VULTURES
      124. Valleys Of Neptune - JIMI HENDRIX
      134. Night Castle - TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA
      152. War Is The Answer - FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH
      154. Scream - OZZY OSBOURNE
      165. Greatest Hits - GUNS N' ROSES
      168. Fever - BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE
      174. Black Gives Way To Blue - ALICE IN CHAINS
      187. Guitar Heaven: The Greatest ... - SANTANA

      WJCU 88.7 FM and Auburn Records hosted a food drive for the Cleveland Foodbank on Saturday, December 11 at the Beachland Ballroom in Cleveland, Ohio.

      Fans attending the Iron Ingo Cleveland Indoor Air festival were encouraged to bring canned or non-perishable foods to the Beachland to help those in need this holiday season. A donation was made from the Cleveland metal community to the Cleveland Foodbank.

      "We just received the final numbers," says festival organizer, Auburn Records president and WJCU "Metal On Metal" host Bill Peters. "The total donation was an amazing 1,256 pounds of food! That's more than triple the amount of the 340 pounds we collected last year.

      "I challenged the Cleveland metal community to top last year's total and they more than responded by completely shattering our goal. We also raised $213 in cash donations with the help of the Cleveland Burlesque Company.

      "Thank you to all of the fans for their unbelievable support to a great charity during these very difficult economic times."

      "We were so thrilled by the outpouring of support from heavy metal fans for the Cleveland Foodbank and hunger relief efforts," says Kristin Warzocha, Vice President of External Affairs for the Foodbank. "These food contributions will provide more than 1,000 meals for local hunger programs and the families they serve."

      Bands performing at the festival this year included BLACK DEATH, BREAKER, DESTRUCTOR, ETERNAL LEGACY, GROUND ZERO, H.A.T.E., LICK THE BLADE, SHOK PARIS, SOULLESS and VENOMIN JAMES, plus special guest appearances by MAIDEN VOYAGE (performing IRON MAIDEN's "The Number Of The Beast" album in its entirety) and THE CLEVELAND BURLESQUE COMPANY girls. Admission to the festival was free. All production and marketing costs were covered by Peters. The bands and Beachland donated their time and venue, respectively.

      "If a radio station is judged by the character of its listeners, then WJCU must be blessed," says WJCU General Manager Mark Krieger. "The heartfelt response that metal music fans demonstrated during the Auburn Records/WJCU food drive proves that Northeast Ohioans are not only resilient and fun loving, but that they're generous and sensitive to the needs of their neighbors.

      "WJCU is proud to have been part of this effort, but we give all the credit to Auburn Records, the bands and production crew who donated their time and talent, and especially the fans who came from across the region to make this drive a great success."

      The festival was co-hosted by Germany's Iron Ingo Stührenberg and CELLBOUND vocalist Chris Emig.

      Ingo is a writer for the popular German underground heavy metal webzine Metal Rules. He traveled to Cleveland from his home in Wiesmoor, Germany, at his own expense, for the second year in a row to be part of the event. His first visit to Cleveland was in 2009.

      "My second wild and crazy trip to Cleveland got me even more connected to the city and the people", proudly states Ingo. "I enjoyed my visit a lot, especially seeing my closest friends Bill Peters and Dave Overkill from DESTRUCTOR who let me stay in his house again and made me feel at home.

      "Cleveland is my second home now. I'm proud to say from now on I am a little part of Cleveland's metal history.

      "Thanks to everyone who donated food or cash for the Foodbank. One thing is for sure, the Iron Ingo will return!"

      "Sometimes people think there is nothing they can do to significantly help causes like this, especially when they feel they have little to contribute themselves, because the problems appear too big and overwhelming", adds Peters.

      "It's hard to believe that right now in this country millions of people are struggling with hunger. You do not think of people going without food here but the problem is more widespread than most of us may realize. Shockingly 1 in 6 Americans or 49 million people are affected, including 17 million children. They are often hard-working adults, children and seniors who are forced to skip meals, sometimes for days, due to economic and employment misfortunes. The success of this food drive shows one person can make a significant difference in their local community.

      "We did this event without any big money investors or corporate backers behind us. We're just average, everyday hard-working citizens like anyone else who care about our community.

      "Heavy metal fans are the most generous in the world when it comes to supporting good causes. Everyone who attended the benefit and contributed was part of the solution. The whole is most definitely greater than the sum of its parts. We can take on and defeat these kinds of problems in society with the power of unity.

      British gothic metal pioneers PARADISE LOST and Dutch death metallers GOD DETHRONED have been confirmed for next year's FortaRock festival, set to take place July 2, 2011 at Park Brakkestein in Nijmegen, Holland.

      The festival billing is shaping up as follows (in alphabetical order):

      GOD DETHRONED
      IMMORTAL
      PARADISE LOST
      SACRED REICH

      For more information, visit www.fortarock.nl.

      40-year-old international drumming sensation Marco Minnemann (KREATOR, NECROPHAGIST) is strongly rumored to have joined DREAM THEATER as the replacement for the recently departed Mike Portnoy.

      In a posting on his official web site, DREAM THEATER guitarist John Petrucci stated about the group's drummer search, "Auditions went great and we do have someone but we are spending some time getting everything in order before making an official announcement. Let me just say that we are all incredibly excited about our choice and just bursting at the seams to let the world know!"

      German native Minnemann — who currently resides in San Diego, California — is looked upon by his peers as one of the most gifted, innovative, cutting-edge drummers on the international music scene today. He has won numerous awards for his educational drum books and videos and was featured on the cover of the world's leading drum magazine, Modern Drummer. Minnemann's unusual drum kit setup, which includes an array of multiple foot pedals, gong drum, electronics and unique cymbal configurations, combined with his amazing, extreme interdependence skills has propelled him to superstar status among today's elite drumming royalty. His total command of four-way independence is unequaled, and his over-the-top drumming creations are simply mind-boggling.

      Marco's "Extreme Interdependence" drum instructional book was voted the No. 1 educational book in several drumming magazines. His "Extreme Drumming" DVD also won several readers' poll awards and earned Marco the prestigious Telly Award.

      Not only is Minnemann a world-class drumming innovator, having brought stunned audiences to their feet at most every major drum festival in the world, but he is also a musical renaissance man. His eclectic musical skills include composing, producing, and engineering, as well as being a multi-instrumentalist on guitar, bass, keyboards, and vocals. Minnemann has seven multi-faceted solo recordings to his name, along with several outstanding recordings with his former band, ILLEGAL ALIENS, and numerous recordings as a sideman and producer, working with such artists as Paul Gilbert (MR. BIG), Mike Keneally (FRANK ZAPPA) and European superstar Nina Hagen.

      DREAM THEATER will co-headline next year's edition of Classic Rock magazine's award-winning High Voltage festival, set to take place Saturday, July 23 and Sunday, July 24, 2011 in Victoria Park, London, England. The band will headline the main stage on July 24. High Voltage 2011 will mark the first U.K. performance of the group's new lineup following the departure of Mike Portnoy.

      Just days after it was announced that he'd been dismissed as the touring drummer for AVENGED SEVENFOLD, Portnoy revealed that he tried to rejoin DREAM THEATER, and was rebuffed.

      Portnoy, who co-founded DREAM THEATER more than 20 years ago, abruptly quit the band this summer while on tour with AVENGED SEVENFOLD.

      He played on AVENGED SEVENFOLD's latest album, "Nightmare", following the death of that band's drummer, Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan, and has toured with them since early summer.

      Tuesday (December 28) marks the one-year anniversary of the death of AVENGED SEVENFOLD drummer James "The Rev" Sullivan, who was found dead in his Huntington Beach, California home at the age of 28. AVENGED frontman M. Shadows urged fans to celebrate The Rev's life and not his death.

      "It's a daily struggle since Jimmy's death," he told Kerrang! magazine. "There are good days and bad days — days where you don't think about it so much, and then there're days where you sit there and just can't believe it. We're just trying to move forward and live our lives as best we can, and we're just happy to be here right now.

      "We're going to celebrate his birthday [February 9] and not necessarily his death," he added. "But I think I'll want to get together [with the rest of the band] and watch his tribute video and talk about him. We do that every day anyway, but [today] I just want to keep it chilled and remember the guy for how fucking awesome he was."

      Sullivan's death was attributed to a lethal combination of several prescription drugs, including OxyContin and Valium, with alcohol.

      The drummer died just before AVENGED SEVENFOLD was to begin recording its fifth album.

      The band recruited Sullivan's favorite drummer, DREAM THEATER's Mike Portnoy, to record the album with them and be their touring drummer throughout 2010.

      The disc, titled "Nightmare", came out last summer and was AVENGED SEVENFOLD's first No. 1 record.

      Portnoy was dismissed from the group earlier this month. A new, yet-to-be-named drummer will join AVENGED SEVENFOLD on tour in January when the band hits the road with STONE SOUR.

      According to a posting on FEAR FACTORY's Facebook page, the band's previously announced U.S. tour dates — which were scheduled to kick off latet this week — have been "potponed." No further details are currently available.

      Affected shows:

      Jan. 02 - Amarillo, TX - The Sorority House
      Jan. 04 - Farmington, NM - Top Deck
      Jan. 05 - Albuquerque, NM - Sunshine Theater
      Jan. 06 - Tucson, AZ - DV8
      Jan. 07 - West Hollywood, CA - Whisky A Go Go
      Jan. 08 - San Diego, CA - Brick By Brick

      FEAR FACTORY has just completed "The Industrial Discipline Tour" of Europe with HIGH ON FIRE.

      FEAR FACTORY's latest album, "Mechanize", was released in the U.S. on February 9, 2010 via Candlelight Records. The CD, which was co-produced by the band with Rhys Fulber (FRONT LINE ASSEMBLY, PARADISE LOST), was mixed by Greg Reely (PARADISE LOST, FRONT LINE ASSEMBLY, SKINNY PUPPY).

      FEAR FACTORY's current lineup — featuring original FF members Dino Cazares (guitar) and Burton C. Bell (vocals) alongside bassist Byron Stroud (who was credited on the last two FEAR FACTORY albums in addition to touring and recording with STRAPPING YOUNG LAD and ZIMMERS HOLE) and legendary drummer Gene Hoglan (DETHKLOK, STRAPPING YOUNG LAD, DARK ANGEL, DEATH, TESTAMENT) — made its live debut on December 4, 2009 at Espaço Lux in São Bernardo do Campo, São Paulo, Brazil.

      German thrash metal veterans DESTRUCTION will film a video for the song "Hate Is My Fuel" on Friday, December 31 at the Headbangersball Silvester Festival in Burgdorf, Switzerland. Berlin, Germany's Roax Films will produce the clip, which will be released in early February.

      "Hate Is My Fuel" comes off DESTRUCTION's new album, "Day Of Reckoning", which will be released on February 18, 2011 via Nuclear Blast Records. The first limited edition of the album will not feature the band's logo on the booklet while the vinyl version and second pressing of the CD will show a red DESTRUCTION logo on it.

      Commented DESTRUCTION bassist/vocalist Marcel "Schmier" Schirmer: "First of all, 'cause I hear the hardcore fans already complaining, the DESTRUCTION skull and the butcher can be found in the illustrated booklet of 'Day Of Reckoning'.

      "The last man on earth that faces the end of the world, the concept of the album had to have the most evil base with a striking eye-catching look.

      "We decided to not use the classical butcher theme on the cover front this time, 'cause this album needed a malicious look with symbols that express this strong title in the most bold and simple way.

      "The story line will continue through the whole cover art and booklet. Gyula, a fantastic artist and metal fan from Hungary, was a great help for us with nailing down this concept. It's not the first time we worked with him; he illustrated all our latest releases! Like the band, he breathes, lives and understands the concept of a rather socially critical band like DESTRUCTION to the bone!"

      "Day Of Reckoning" is the first album to feature DESTRUCTION's new drummer Vaaver (INDUKTI, ex-UNSUN). The band stated, "Some of you may have seen him already with the band on this year's summer festivals. He is a studied musician (McGill University of Montreal) and is a Polish-Canadian citizen!"

      Commented Schmier: "The new guy behind the drumkit, the hard-hitting but well-versed, six-foot-six-inch-tall animal Vaaver took his first album with us as a challenge: no other DESTRUCTION album has the fastness, the tightness and crazy doublebass and drum fills as the 'Day Of Reckoning'! That's for fuckin' sure!"

      He added: "The DESTRUCTION fans can look forward to an explosive drum massacre on the upcoming record, 'Day Of Reckoning'. Vaaver delightens our sound with a unbelievable tightness, technique and speed! A true rejuvenation for the band! And most important... he fits really good on the human level — a fortunate choice! It feels great to be a real band again!"

      "Day Of Reckoning" limited slipcase edition track listing:

      01. The Price
      02. Hate Is My Fuel
      03. Armageddonizer
      04. Devil’s Advocate
      05. Day Of Reckoning
      06. Sorcerer Of Black Magic
      07. Misfit
      08. The Demon Is God
      09. Church Of Disgust
      10. Destroyer Or Creator
      11. Sheep Of The Regime
      12. Stand Up And Shout (limited-edition bonus track)

      Finnish/Swedish symphonic metallers NIGHTWISH entered the studio in October to begin recording the follow-up to 2007's "Dark Passion Play". According to the band, "Emppu [Vuorinen] is nearly done with his guitar recordings, having done four comp tracks to all the songs plus half of all the leads. (The solos and acoustics are best left to record AFTER the orchestral and choir sessions). Marco [Hietala, bass/vocals] is also finished with his bass recordings so now we basically just wait for [arranger] Pip [Williams] and Tuomas [Holopainen, keyboards] to get the orchestral arrangements sorted out for the London sessions in February."

      Regarding the musical direction of the forthcoming album, NIGHTWISH singer Anette Olzon recently wrote on her official blog, "I think it's a great and varied CD. The feelings in it are great and there are a lot of elements in it, so I am sure it will have many different favorite songs for the listeners since the songs are so different in styles and sound. 'Dark Passion Play' is a great album and this one, too, so I don't know yet which one I like more, but, of course, for me personally, this one feels better to do since the songs are more adjusted to my voice and my style."

      The pre-production sessions for the new NIGHTWISH CD took place in "the deepest countryside of Finland," where most of the band spent several weeks finalizing the song arrangements and recording their instrumental parts.

      NIGHTWISH played a special homecoming show in September 2009 at the sold-out, 11,000-capacity Hartwall Arena in Helsinki to mark the end of the band's colossal "Dark Passion Play" two-year world tour.

      NIGHTWISH is not expected to play any more concerts until the release of the band's next studio album.

      Finnish fantasy metallers BATTLELORE will release their sixth full-length album, "Doombound", on the following dates:

      Jan. 26 - Spain, Finland, Sweden
      Jan. 28 - Germany, Austria, Switzerland, BeNeLux, Italy
      Jan. 31 - rest of Europe
      Feb. 08 - Canada, U.S.

      "Doombound" features 11 new songs, one of which is instrumental. As was the case with previous BATTLELORE albums, there will be a jewel-case edition of "Doombound" and a special limited-edition digipack including some rare material. This time around the extra material is more special than ever before — as a "thank you" to all BATTLELORE fans and followers for their enormous support over the past 10 years, the band has compiled a bonus DVD from their personal archives. "10 Years Of Battlelore" includes footage from two live shows, two tour videos, a huge photo gallery and all of BATTLELORE's music videos.

      The band's first conceptual effort, "Doombound" features lyrics which "tell the story of J.R.R. Tolkien's tragic hero Túrin Turambar and his kin," according to a press release. "One of the songs is sung completely in Finnish in appreciation to BATTLELORE's beautiful home country Finland and Kalevala, the national Finnish epic. The songs themselves are more dynamic, atmospheric and epic than ever before — prepare for the ultimate music experience and a life-long journey through the eyes of a fallen hero!"

      "Doombound" track listing:

      01. Bloodstained
      02. Iron of Death
      03. Bow and Helm
      04. Enchanted
      05. Kärmessurma
      06. Olden Gods
      07. Fate of the Betrayed
      08. Men as Wolves
      09. Last of the Lords
      10. Doombound
      11. Kielo (instrumental)

      Continuing to devastate America one tour at a time, sludgemongers BUZZOV*EN today announce their third tour installment since reuniting early in the year. Hitting all new markets throughout the Southern and Southeastern U.S. this time, the band will hit the old dusty trail again in early February with Virginia's sludgesters COUGH providing direct support. Confirmed appearances on this newly announced rampage are as follows:

      Feb. 04 - Ground Zero - Spartanburg, SC
      Feb. 05 - The Jinx - Savannah, GA
      Feb. 07 - Siberia - New Orleans, LA
      Feb. 08 - Walters on Washington - Houston, TX
      Feb. 09 - Trees - Dallas, TX
      Feb. 10 - Downtown Music - Little Rock, AR
      Feb. 11 - Hi Tone - Memphis, TN
      Feb. 13 - Southgate House - Newport, KY
      Feb. 15 - Canal Club - Richmond, VA
      Feb. 16 - Casbah - Durham, NC

      As with BUZZOV*EN's previous 2010 mini-tours in October and earlier this month, the band's classic lineup from its "At A Loss" LP of Kirk Fisher on guitar and vocals, "Dixie" Dave Collins (WEEDEATER, BONGZILLA) on bass and vocals, and Ramzi Ateyeh (SOURVEIN) on drums, now also includes Sleepy Floyd (SOURVEIN) on second guitar.

      Following its inception in 1990, BUZZOV*EN quickly created an impact on the metal scene with its harsh, raging style of sludge, cementing the band as both a purveying act of the genre. After disbanding in 1999, the group revamped things and reformed in 2010, bringing their chaotic and caustic live rage back to the stage.

      BUZZOV*EN will appear at The Netherlands' annual Roadburn Festival in April, as well as next year's installment of the Maryland Deatnfest in May.

      German metallers AXXIS have set "20 Years Of Axxis" as the title of their first-ever DVD, due in early 2011. The footage for the disc was filmed at the band's December 13, 2009 20th-anniversary show at Zeche in Bochum, Germany and it will feature 33 songs spanning AXXIS's entire career. Also included are guest appearances by Rolf Stahlhofen (ex-SÖHNE MANNHEIMS), Kosta Zafirou (PINK CREAM 69), The Obel (comedian), Walter Pietsch (ex-AXXIS), Kuno Niemeyer (ex-AXXIS), Dirk Brand and Thomas "Harry" Weinkauf (SAT1 TV police officer), Wolfgang Funk (who previously worked in the marketing department of EMI; founder of GUN Records), Bob Arnz (former EMI A&R manager, now manager of Lafee) and Rolf Hanekamp (producer of "Kingdom Of The Night" and "Axxis II").

      "20 Years Of Axxis" will be released through AXXIS's own label, Phonotraxx. Vocalist Bernhard Weiß explains, "If we don't try it ourselves, we will miss the boat.

      "Since the release of 'Time Machine' this idea has been in our heads, but to be honest we never had the courage to do it.

      "AFM is a great record company with a well-functioning infrastructure, and for us it's hard to bear the risk itself now. But with this DVD and our label, Phonotraxx, we want to know if we can be more independent in the future and if we will be able to do this.

      "Around the world it's a crystal-clear trend of a many artists to move toward independence. Therefore I hope our fans support us and buy our first DVD directly from us!"

      For more information, go to this location.

      AXXIS's last studio album, "Utopia", entered the German Media Control chart at position No. 40. This was the third highest German chart entry in the band's history.

      "Utopia" was released on August 28, 2009 via AFM Records. The CD was made available as a standard jewel case version with 11 new songs and in a limited digipack format, which includes two bonus tracks (including the "20 Years Anniversary Song" with a running time of over 12 minutes!).

      "Utopia" was the first AXXIS record to feature the band's new drummer, Alex Landenburg (MEKONG DELTA, ex-ANNIHILATOR).

      Finnish metallers ENTHROPE have entered D-studio in Klaukkala to record cover versions of "Wolf Moon" by TYPE O NEGATIVE and "Presence Of The Dead" by PESTILENCE. The "Wolf Moon" track will appear on an upcoming tribute album to late TYPE O NEGATIVE frontman Peter Steele.

      ENTHROPE's debut album, "Tomorrow's Dead Days", was released in June via Supernova Records, the rock/metal sub-label of Sweden's Bonnier Amigo Music Group.

      The track listing for the CD is as follows:

      01. Cloud Six
      02. The Last Lunation
      03. Moon Chains Descent
      04. Illumination Paradox
      05. Enemy Within
      06. End It All
      07. Dead Sun Fragment
      08. The Desolate
      09. Stars Of Nhagrad

      For more information, visit www.enthrope.com.

      "Dance Of Ignorance", the second album from the Rio de Janeiro, Brazil-based heavy metal band DREADNOX, will be released in North America on January 11, 2011 via Nightmare Records. The CD was produced by Renato Tribuzy and mixed by Alex Macedo at Full Sound Studio and it features "a unique sound" characterized by "quality songs, powerful riffs and striking melodies," according to a press release.

      "Dance Of Ignorance" track listing:

      01. Fight With The Light
      02. Survive
      03. Echoes Of Midnight
      04. Go On
      05. Miracle
      06. All Is Not Lost
      07. Dance Of Ignorance
      08. Annie
      09. Sinners In Paradise
      10. Impromptu
      11. Waiting For The Sun
      12. Bettle & Honor (bonus track)

      Formed in 1993, DREADNOX consists of Fabio Schneider (vocals), Kiko Dittert (guitars), Dead Montana (bass) and Felipe Curi (drums).

      The band's first album, "Divine Act", came out in 1998.

      Sacramento, California's WILL HAVEN is putting the finishing touches to the follow-up to 2007's "The Hierophant". The as-yet-untitled, self-produced effort will mark the return of the band's original vocalist Grady Avenell, who rejoined WILL HAVEN in October 2009 after a two-year break. The CD will also feature SLIPKNOT percussionist Chris Fehn handling bass duties, following the departure of Mike Martin, who left the group to focus on family life.

      "Grady is halfway done with vocals for the new record, all [we] can say is damn!" reads a post on the band's blog. "He is killing it! He sounds more amazing than ever: straight rage, emotion and feeling on this one. Getting close my friends. We can't wait for everyone to hear it."

      "The Hierophant" was released in June 2007 through Bieler Bros. Records. Heralded by guitarist Jeff Irwin as "by far the best stuff we have ever done" and featuring production by Shaun Lopez (FAR, REVOLUTION SMILE) and DEFTONES vocalist Chino Moreno, the CD was WILL HAVEN's first release since 2001's critically acclaimed "Carpe Diem". It was also the group's first and only effort with singer Jeff Jaworski (formerly of RED TAPE).

      MONGREL, the female-fronted aggressive punk-rock-metal band known as "the hardest working band in Boston" (Metal Edge) is looking for a new bassist. The group's bassist of the last five years, Rev, will be stepping down at the beginning of February.

      "Rev has been a valued member of this band and good friend for five years now and while we're certainly disappointed he's not able to continue with the band, we certainly respect his decision, are on excellent terms with him, and wish him nothing but the best," stated band founder Adam Savage. "Being the class act that he's been throughout his five years in the band, Rev let us know his intent to leave a couple months ago and still was more than willing to record his parts for our new full length album."

      Recording and mixing for MONGREL's new full-length album (due out in April or May) was completed a couple of weeks ago by Jim Foster (NULLSET, POD, GRAVEYARD BBQ) at White Sight and Sound in Framingham, Massachusetts.

      The band's last release, the six-song "The New Breed of Old School" EP, came out this past fall.

      MONGREL recently signed on with manager Damon Moreno at The Inner Light Agency (DESTROPHY, HELL WITHIN) and is currently entertaining options for the release of the new album.

      MONGREL's final shows with Rev on bass:

      Jan. 13 - Chop Shop, Seabrook NH (18+)
      Jan. 15 - Anchors Up, Haverhill, MA (all ages)
      Jan. 19 - Church, Boston MA (21+)
      Jan. 28 - Platinum Premier, Worcester, MA
      Jan. 29- The Silver Fern, Claremont NH (21+)
      Feb. 03 - Club 58, Quincy, MA (21+, w/ Sex Slaves)
      Feb. 04 - London Billiards, Worcester, MA (18+)

      Swiss melodic-folk-death-metallers ELUVEITIE will embark on a tour of Brazil in late January. Confirmed dates are as follows:

      Jan. 27 - Beco - Porto Alegre, Brazil
      Jan. 28 - Music Hall BH - Belo Horizonte, Brazil
      Jan. 29 - Estudio Emme - São Paulo, Brazil
      Jan. 30 - John Bull Music Hall - Curitiba, Brazil

      "Everything Remains (As It Never Was)", the latest album from ELUVEITIE, sold around 1,600 copies in the United States in its first week of release. The CD landed at position No. 23 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200.

      "Everything Remains (As It Never Was)" registered the following first-week European chart positions:

      Switzerland: #8
      Germany: #19
      Austria: #22

      "Everything Remains (As It Never Was)" was released on February 19 via Nuclear Blast Records. The CD was mixed at Nott-In Pill studios in Wales with Colin Richardson (SLIPKNOT, MACHINE HEAD, KREATOR, BEHEMOTH, BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE) and Martyn "Ginge" Ford.

      ELUVEITIE in 2008 announced the addition of Paede Kistler (bagpipes, whistles, acoustic guitars) and Kay Brem (bass) to the group's ranks.

      ELUVEITIE will embark on a North American headlining tour in February 2011. Support on the trek will come from 3 INCHES OF BLOOD, HOLY GRAIL and SYSTEM DIVIDE.

      VREID, WOLF, A PALE HORSE NAMED DEATH, THE SORROW, 9MM ASSI ROCK'N'ROLL and DEVIL SOLD HIS SOUL have been confirmed for next year's installment of the Summer Breeze festival, set to take place August 18-20, 2011 in Dinkelsbühl, Germany.

      The festival billing is shaping up as follows (in alphabetical order):

      9MM ASSI ROCK'N'ROLL
      A PALE HORSE NAMED DEATH
      ARCH ENEMY
      BOLT THROWER
      CALIBAN
      CORVUS CORAX
      DECAPITATED
      DESTRUCTION
      DEVIL SOLD HIS SOUL
      EXCREMENTORY GRINDFUCKERS
      FARMER BOYS
      HAIL OF BULLETS
      HATEBREED
      HAYSEED DIXIE
      J.B.O.
      KALMAH
      KAMPFAR
      KVELERTAK
      MARDUK
      MELECHESH
      MOONSORROW
      PRIMORDIAL
      REVAMP
      SALTATIO MORTIS
      SCAR SYMMETRY
      SKELETONWITCH
      SODOM
      SONIC SYNDICATE
      SYLOSIS
      TARJA
      THE HAUNTED
      THE SORROW
      TURISAS
      TÝR
      VADER
      VOMITORY
      VREID
      WITCHERY
      WOLF

      Tickets can be purchased for 72 euros (excluding pre-sale fees, including parking/camping) at Silverdust-Shop.de. The first 10,000 tickets get a free DVD with live footage and impressions from the 2009 edition of the festival.
      Canadian death metal lunatics KATAKLYSM have launched a new web site specially created for the Neckbreakers Ball 2011 tour where fans can see new interviews with the band and obtain information about VIP backstage meet-and-greets, exclusive merchandise and much more. Check it out at SpreadTheVenom.com.

      Neckbreakers Ball 2011 — which also features LEGION OF THE DAMNED, EQUILIBRIUM, MÅNEGARM and MILKING THE GOATMACHINE — will kick off on January 14 in Geiselwind, Germany.

      The North American leg of KATAKLYSM's "Spread the Venom 2010 - 2011 World Tour" will include support from groove-laden death shredders ALL SHALL PERISH, technical/progressive death masters DECREPIT BIRTH, Sumerian Records' touring juggernaut CONDUCTING FROM THE GRAVE, and Relapse Records' modern death metal merchants ABYSMAL DAWN. This will be just a part of a massive worldwide tour that will be the band's last before a much-needed break from extensive performance schedule.

      KATAKLYSM's latest album, "Heaven's Venom", sold around 2,400 copies in the United States in its first week of release. The CD landed at position No. 8 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200.

      KATAKLYSM's previous CD, "Prevail", opened with 2,250 units back in June 2008.

      "Heaven's Venom" was produced by Jean-Francois Dagenais and was mixed by Tue Madsen (THE HAUNTED, MNEMIC, DARK TRANQUILLITY).
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 24, 2011
        BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi will undertake a select number of signings in the U.K. and New York to promote his upcoming memoir, "Iron Man: My Journey Through Heaven And Hell With Black Sabbath". The book will be released in the United States on November 1 in hardback by Perseus Books/DeCapo Press and in Europe on October 13 through Simon & Schuster.

        Tony will be signing copies of "Iron Man" at the following locations in the U.K. (more events to be announced):

        * Monday, Oct. 17 - London, UK @ HMV FOPP
        * Tuesday, Oct. 18 - Birmingham, UK @ HMV
        * Wednesday, Oct. 19 - Sheffield, UK @ Waterstones
        * Thursday, Oct. 20 - Nottingham, UK @ Waterstones

        Admission is free but a ticket is required.

        Please visit the sites below for instructions on how to secure your tickets:

        * hmv.com/hmvweb/navigate.do
        * www.facebook.com/hmv

        Please note that Tony will only be signing copies of his book "Iron Man". Any memorabilia or outside items will not be signed.

        Da Capo reportedly paid a six-figure amount at auction for the rights to the 352-page book, which was described as "'Angela's Ashes' meets 'The Ground Beneath Her Feet' meets 'Spinal Tap'" by Foundry Literary + Media co-founder Peter McGuigan, who completed the North American rights deal for the memoir.

        In a recent interview with Guitar World magazine, Iommi explained how his autobiography came together. "I had a chap called TJ Lammers, who I met many, many years ago when he used to work at Phonogram Records," he said. "He later became a journalist and he had his own magazine. He lives in Holland and we've stayed in touch over the years. I've had a few people say, 'Oh, I can write a book for you,' but I wanted a different outlook to the normal music journalist, and that's what happened. He came over to England and stayed with me for a few days. Then he'd write it up, come back again and do more. The whole thing took a couple years to finish."

        When asked how his book will be different to the typical rock biography, Iommi said, "I don't know. I don't read rock biographies, so it could be the same, it could be different. It's just my life, really. It's about what happened and what I grew up from, and how I've gone through life to where I am now. It's something I probably should have done a long time ago because there are so many books out now. I've been meaning to do it for many, many years but never got around to it."

        The name "Tony Iommi" sends shivers down the spines of guitarists around the world. As lead guitarist and songwriter of BLACK SABBATH, Tony Iommi is considered to be one of the most influential musicians of the past four decades and the inventor of heavy metal. From working-class, Midlands roots, his unique playing style — a result of a disfiguring hand injury he suffered working in a sheet metal factory — created a dark and gothic sound unlike anything that had been heard before and which captured the mood of its time. SABBATH went on to become a superband, playing to massive audiences around the world and selling millions of records, and Iommi led the life of a rock star to the fullest — with the scars from all the drug-fuelled nights of excess and wildness to show for it.

        "Iron Man" is the exclusive account of the life and adventures of one of rock's greatest heroes. It chronicles the story of both pioneering guitarist Tony Iommi and legendary band BLACK SABBATH, dubbed "THE BEATLES of heavy metal" by Rolling Stone magazine. "Iron Man" reveals the man behind the icon yet still captures Iommi's humor, intelligence, and warmth. He speaks honestly and unflinchingly about his rough-and-tumble childhood, the accident that almost ended his career, his failed marriages, personal tragedies, battles with addiction, bandmates, famous friends, newfound daughter, and the ups and downs of his life as an artist.

        Everything associated with hard rock happened to BLACK SABBATH first: the drugs, the debauchery, the drinking, the dungeons, the pressure, the pain, the conquests, the company men, the contracts, the combustible drummer, the critics, the comebacks, the singers, the Stonehenge set, the music, the money, the madness, the metal.

        Brian May (QUEEN): "Tony Iommi is the true father of heavy metal, a continuously creative genius riff-meister, and one of the world's great human beings."

        Eddie Van Halen (VAN HALEN): "Without Tony, heavy metal wouldn't exist. He is the creator of heavy! Tony is a legend. He took rock and roll and turned it into heavy metal."

        James Hetfield (METALLICA): "Mr. Iommi, aka . . . The Riffmaster. It's all his fault I am where I am."

        Ozzy Osbourne (BLACK SABBATH): "Tony Iommi should be up there with the greats. He can pick up a guitar and play a riff that'd knock your fucking socks off."

        Guitarist Damon Johnson will be playing guitar and sharing stage with AEROSMITH frontman Steven Tyler, Jeff Beck on lead guitar, Randy Jackson on bass, Tal Wilkenfeld on bass and Marti Frederiksen on drums for iHeartRadio in Las Vegas, Saturday, September 24. Tune in to hear a special guest bass player on the first song.

        iHeartRadio is the biggest live music event in radio history. The artist lineup includes Steven Tyler, Kenny Chesney, Lady GaGa, THE BLACK EYED PEAS, Jennifer Lopez, Bruno Mars, Rascal Flatts, Usher, Kelly Clarkson, and many others.

        Johnson is best known as vocalist and guitarist in BROTHER CANE, guitar player for THIN LIZZY and ALICE COOPER. Johnson has also been the vocalist and guitar player in SLAVE TO THE SYSTEM (featuring QUEENSRŸCHE drummer Scott Rockenfield), and a member of country rock vocal group WHISKEY FALLS.

        David E. Gehlke of Blistering.com recently conducted an interview with ANTHRAX singer Joey Belladonna. A few excerpts from the chat follow below.

        Blistering.com: Was there any set approach for you in terms of the new songs?

        Joey Belladonna: I took them song by song. I just go in there and do what I can do. All I know is that I wanted to do the best I could with it. And we all know the expectations with it were interesting, but I couldn't do any more than what the songs were letting me take on. I'm glad this stuff wasn't too un-singable or something that didn't fit me. That would have been the worst part of it, to muster up something that wasn't there in the first place. Glad it wasn't something like "Gung Ho" [from "Spreading The Disease"] where everything has to be a mile faster than what it needs to be and there's 50 words per verse. You're lucky if you can get a word in to say it. The songs are laid out fairly decently. I didn't get as far into the record as I could have, though. I sang in a day, three to four hours until I was done with a song entirely. We demoed it, looked at it, changed this, re-do that… none of that. Bang-bang. For some reason, it worked, like my first time I did better than I thought. It's nice when it's spontaneous like that. Would it have been nice if I could have been there from the beginning? It's not always necessary and it doesn't make for a better record. There's no evidence of that. There's people that have spent years on things and I don't even know if they know what they got until they're done with it.

        Blistering.com: Did you hear anything that Dan Nelson [former ANTHRAX singer] did [on the original version of "Worship Music" which was never released]?

        Belladonna: I heard some ideas, but I can't refer to that stuff. I don't want to be persuaded from anyone else's doings. I heard from the band, we just talked about that stuff. We discussed it as much as we could and even that, none of it was in my head. I had some basic tracks to the songs at the house just so I could hear where the songs were going. Other than three-to-five songs, I had no idea what was coming at me until I turned them on. It worked great for me. That's how I write anyway.

        Blistering.com: I've heard you sing "Only" [off "Sound Of White Noise"] so how do you think you would have done on "Sound Of White Noise" or "Volume 8" [which featured John Bush on vocals]?

        Belladonna: I would have done fine. They already have someone else on there, so live, I don't want to venture too much into that stuff because I don't want to hold myself to a certain standard of if it's heavy or cool enough. All that shit. I'm not up for that competition now. It happened before and it was just a drag. I don't want to be demeaning. I look at Scott [Ian, guitar], when he said when they did "The Greater Of Two Evils" [2004's remake album, with John Bush re-recording Belladonna's songs], that's how the songs should have or could have been. I was like, "Wow!" I felt like I got smacked across the head on that one. Like, "I was really that bad? You didn't like anything I did before?" I don't hear [those remakes] as remotely close to being better. So I know I could have done those records. If you take what I did now, on the new record, and throw it on the pile, you would get something in that vein. If anything, it was laid out more for me than it is now. I don't think they "thrashed out" anything more than we did earlier in the day. Like "Fuel" or "Room For One More". I could have done my own thing with it. But I never looked at it like, "I wish I could have done it." I never heard it as anything exponentially better than what we did before. Then, of course, when you start comparing [sales] numbers and I can't go there. They did it and I don't know if they needed to go that far, but you get what you get. I'm still in the band and I feel a little bit like, "Are you guys sure? Are you content? Or you just need me right now?"

        Blistering.com: Were you as confused as anyone when ANTHRAX kept switching singers?

        Belladonna: I got wind of it. I wasn't their first choice to come back into this thing. Put it this way: If John said he wanted to do it, they probably would have taken him. If they would have done the "Big Four" with him and it would be successful? Who knows? Would they finish the record? Who knows? If they didn't have a fight with a guy that first had to finish the record [Dan Nelson] and would have put it out, they would have done that. To me, you got what you got. Somehow, we're all unfortunately happier this way because it's the best solution. I'm not trying to pat myself, it just seems to be the right thing. Unfortunately, I had to wait 20 years to put out another record.

        Blistering.com: To me, it's always seemed like you've been ready to do it at any time.

        Belladonna: I have. I have been WAY ready. I've always been ready. Even with the [2005] reunion, I was ready to roll. Then they got someone out of the blue. I'd like to know who actually did that. I was like, "What the heck happened? Why do you even bother?" It was two to three years of that. I guess he [Nelson] came up with a great demo for everyone, an expensive one for everyone to try things. But to sell it, that it would be the right way to go, it just shows that it's not an easy thing to muster this up. We are a unique package of musicians and there's no band out there that has a lineup that if you're trying to recreate it, you're not going to have much luck. For ANTHRAX, it's hard for us to pull it off. This thing is a little more intricate.

        HAIL! — the supergroup featuring a rotating list of musicians, including current and former members of SEPULTURA, TESTAMENT, DREAM THEATER and MEGADETH — will play a festival in at Kucukciftlik Park in Istanbul, Turkey on Saturday, October 15. The band's lineup for this performance will consist of the following musicians:

        * Glen Drover (MEGADETH, TESTAMENT, KING DIAMOND) - Guitar
        * Whitfield Crane (UGLY KID JOE, LIFE OF AGONY, ANOTHER ANIMAL) - Vocals
        * Mike Portnoy (DREAM THEATER, AVENGED SEVENFOLD) - Drums
        * James Lomenzo (MEGADETH, BLACK LABEL SOCIETY, WHITE LION) - Bass

        As previously reported, HAIL! will embark on an eight-date tour of Russia in December with a lineup consisting of vocalist Tim "Ripper" Owens (YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, JUDAS PRIEST, ICED EARTH, BEYOND FEAR), drummer Paul Bostaph (TESTAMENT, SLAYER, EXODUS, FORBIDDEN) bassist James Lomenzo and guitarist Glen Drover.

        The AU Review recently conducted an interview with former SKID ROW singer Sebastian Bach. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

        The AU Review: Listening to the ["Kicking & Screaming"] album, the sound is very thick and energetic, yet it was composed as a trio. Is this your smallest ensemble to date?

        Sebastian: Yes, yes. This is the only record I've ever done as a trio, but that's because of my guitar player, Nick Sterling. He came into the band at the age of 19 and this is his first big worldwide release. But, you know, it's like they say you have your whole life to write your first album, well he's been working on these songs his short life. He just came into this with so many great ideas that he just crushed me with ideas, and that's an amazing opportunity for him and for me. He plays the bass on it, because the demos he would show me he would play all the instruments — drums, too. So I got Bobby [Jarzombek], he's like the best drummer in the world, and I let Nick play all the bass and all the guitars, because if another bass player came in, I'd just tell him, "Just play what Nick played." I think it adds to the tightness of the record. When you listen to VAN HALEN, Eddie and Alex are brothers and you can kinda tell when they play together, they're very tight together. Like PANTERA with Dimebag and Vinnie [Paul Abbott], they're very, very, very tight cause they're family members. Nick's like playing with his own self, not playing with himself but… [laughs] But it's a very tight record, the performances are, like, super-tight. I listened to it twice again today and was like, "Damn! That's a good album!"

        The AU Review: The album starts off with a hard-rock track, "Kicking & Screaming", but finishes with softer and moving "Wishin'". When you are constructing the actual album, do you see an art or a formula in the actual placement of the tracks?

        Sebastian: Well, people these days don't care about sequencing, I really do. I am one of the last guys that I know that loves to make albums. Like, I keep reading on Blabbermouth that Tommy Lee doesn't wanna make albums.

        The AU Review: Yeah, I don't understand that myself.

        Sebastian: Yeah, well, I want to keep on making records. I don't just listen to singles, I listen to albums. I love the BLACK VEIL BRIDES new album, "Set The World On Fire", it's a great album. I like HELLYEAH when they put out records, I think they put out great albums, and I love putting out albums, for sure. I think I always will. I don't believe in this "just put out a single" thing. I don't know, maybe I'm old school or something, but I want a full album that I can listen to from start to the finish and be entertained by it. I'm still trying to make the perfect album and I totally put tons of time and effort into planning the sequencing of the songs and this album is meant to be listened to in order. Don't press shuffle! [Laughs]

        The AU Review: Yeah, I couldn't for this. This album is a true, flowing story.

        Sebastian: Yeah, good. They're designed for that. Like the first SKID ROW album [and] "Slave To The Grind", you guys have been listening to those albums for 20 years! So I know what you all expect — you expect an album of that caliber and quality. Those weren't fluke albums; I wasn't lucky I made those records, and I'm not trying to put down my old band, but I'm very specific, I'm like a task-master in the studio with musicians because I know what I want to hear. They'll tell you I'm hard to work with, but I'll tell you that I refuse to suck! [Laughs]

        The AU Review: Yeah, to be honest, that shows now; they're definitely not as hard-sounding as they were when you were a part of SKID ROW.

        Sebastian: No, because that's why they will tell you have I have a big ego or something. It's absolutely ridiculous. My father was a painter, he painted pictures, he was a hard-ass, too. His boss was his art. I don't want to boss anyone around, I get along great with Nick Sterling because we just have a great relationship together but the SKID ROW guys came to the point at the end of the band where they would tell me, "We wrote this song. We are the songwriters, you are the singer, you have to sing it," and I'd go, "But it sucks!" [Laughs] And they'd go, "How dare you say that! You're the singer," and I'd go, "No, no, no, no, no, no. You guys can write a song if you want and if it's good, I'll sing it," but go listen to those albums without me. I wouldn't sing those songs. They're not, and I would say to them, "Dude, this is not '18 And Life', man! Like, I don't know what your hearing or what you're thinking," but I don't know. I think that my records are of the same level of quality as those old SKID ROW albums.

        GlideMagazine.com recently conducted an interview with former SKID ROW singer Sebastian Bach. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

        GlideMagazine.com: Sebastian, the new album ["Kicking & Screaming"] is really hot. It's really getting back to the good, old down-and-dirty rocking and rolling.

        Bach: Yeah (laughs). You know, I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel here. I'm just trying to make a new CD that fits along with the other CDs that I've put in your iPod, like the first SKID ROW album and "Slave To The Grind" and "Subhuman Race" and "Angel Down". I'm doing the exact same thing on this record that I did on all those records. I'm kicking ass and screaming rock and roll. (laughs)

        GlideMagazine.com: I'm glad to see it really rocking.

        Bach: Well, you know that's what I like. That's the music I like. A lot of people love the first SKID ROW album and they hold on to those songs like it's a fluke or something how great that record was. That's not a fluke. That's me in there, you know, rocking and rolling with my band and that's what "Kicking & Screaming" is. It's the same-kind-of-feeling music, that high-energy rock and roll with good riffs and cool grooves and kick-ass screams and amazing guitar solos and sleazy drums and cowbell and all that kind of stuff. And that is what this record is. And I really love the album.

        GlideMagazine.com: [A] favorite song is the second track, "My Own Worst Enemy".

        Bach: Yeah, that is one of my favorite ones. To me, what is weird about that song is my singing. To me, I sound like a little boy in that song. I don't know why but just the sound of my voice, I sound like a teenager and I'm definitely not a teenager. [laughs] I attribute it all to clean living. But that song, "My Own Worst Enemy", to me sounds like a bunch of pissed off teenagers. I don't know why God gave me this voice that has a life of its own, but a lot of the songs on this record — "As Long As I Got The Music", "Caught In A Dream" — I just sound very youthful, just very, very young sounding and I don't know how the fuck I pulled that off. [laughs]

        GlideMagazine.com: I was going to say, you have different voices on different songs, your versatility is amazing.

        Bach: Yes. I know my voice very, very well after all this time and I know how to and what to do. Like "Dream Forever", when that song starts, it's me singing as low as I can. As the day goes on, my voice gets like higher-pitched and higher-pitched. I don't know why that is, that's just the way it works. So that song, "Dream Forever", when I really want to sing low like that, [singing] "All I believe is what I see," like that's really low for me. But I'll record right when I get up in the morning and I won't even speak. I'll go to the microphone without even talking as soon as I get up and I'll have the producer there with a coffee in my hand and I'll sing that very, very low range, and it sounds like fucking velvet. It sounds like so, very, very resonate; has a very good tone. So if I want to sing low, I make sure I do it early in the morning and then I can get that really silky smooth kind of tone. But you can really hear it in "Dream Forever". I fucking nailed it on that one. [laughs]

        German metallers IRON SAVIOR, who feature in their ranks guitarist/vocalist/producer Piet Sielck (URIAH HEEP, BLIND GUARDIAN, SAXON), have inked a deal with AFM Records. The band is putting the finishing touches on its new album, tentatively due in early 2012.

        IRON SAVIOR's latest album, entitled "Megatropolis", was released in June 2007 via Dockyard 1.

        The group performed at the ProgPower USA IX festival in September 2008 in Atlanta, Georgia.

        Finnish/Swedish symphonic metallers NIGHTWISH recently spent time not only putting finishing touches to their new album, "Imaginaerum", but also planning a movie of the same name.

        "Imaginaerum" is one of the projects which recently received grants from the Finnish government institution called the Finnish Film Foundation. The movie, directed by Stobe Harju, about an old man on his deathbed who glimpses a childhood dream in which he refuses to grow old, and fights aging with his imagination, will get $575,000 toward its $3.7 million budget.

        During a September 8 interview with Petri Silas of Finland's Soundi magazine, NIGHTWISH mainman/keyboardist Tuomas Holopainen revealed that all the filming for the "Imaginaerum" movie will be done in Canada with mostly Canadian actors/actresses. Post-production will take place in Canada and Finland. He aso revealed the names of the actors who have two of the main roles in the film: Marianne Farley and Quinn Lord.

        Several photos from the "Imaginaerum" movie shoot can be found at this location. A couple of the pictures are also available below.

        The "Imaginaerum" album will be released in the U.S. on Tuesday, January 10, 2012 via Roadrunner Records; in Finland on Wednesday, November 30 and the rest of Europe on Friday, December 2 via Nuclear Blast Records.

        "Imaginaerum" track listing:

        01. Taikatalvi
        02. Storytime
        03. Ghost River
        04. Slow, Love, Slow
        05. I Want My Tears Back
        06. Scaretale
        07. Arabesque
        08. Turn Loose The Mermaids
        09. Rest Calm
        10. The Crow, The Owl And The Dove
        11. Last Ride Of The Day
        12. Song Of Myself
        13. Imaginaerum

        A track-by-track breakdown of the album by NIGHTWISH keyboardist/mainman Tuomas Holopainen can be found at Metalhammer.co.uk.

        NIGHTWISH's new single, "Storytime", will be released on Friday, November 11 via Nuclear Blast Records.

        Regarding the musical direction of the forthcoming album, NIGHTWISH singer Anette Olzon wrote on her official blog, "I think it's a great and varied CD. The feelings in it are great and there are a lot of elements in it, so I am sure it will have many different favorite songs for the listeners since the songs are so different in styles and sound. [2007's] 'Dark Passion Play' is a great album and this one, too, so I don't know yet which one I like more, but, of course, for me personally, this one feels better to do since the songs are more adjusted to my voice and my style."

        NIGHTWISH will kick off the "Imaginaerum" world tour in Los Angeles. The very first show of the trek will take place at the Gibson Amphitheatre in Universal City, California on Saturday, January 21. This will be the biggest NIGHTWISH show production ever on North American soil and strictly a one-off — there will be no U.S. tour until later in 2012.

        HEADCAT (formerly THE HEAD CAT), the high-energy, "take-no-prisoners" combo featuring Lemmy Kilmister (MOTÖRHEAD), Slim Jim Phantom (THE STRAY CATS) and Danny B. Harvey (ROCKATS, 13 CATS, LONESOME SPURS), will make a rare in-store appearance at Amoeba Records in Hollywood, California on Tuesday, October 11 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. This signing engagement is limited to the first 300 people in line. The new HEADCAT album, "Walk The Walk...Talk The Talk", will be specially priced the day of the event, and purchase will guarantee your CD to be signed.

        "Walk The Walk...Talk The Talk" sold around 700 copies in the United States in its first week of release. The CD debuted at No. 49 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200.

        "Walk The Walk...Talk The Talk" was released on July 5 through Niji Entertainment Group, the record label Wendy Dio and her and late husband Ronnie James Dio formed before his untimely passing.

        HEADCAT was formed in 2000 after recording an Elvis Presley tribute special to which all band members contributed.

        Slim Jim Phantom (drums, percussion), was born in Brooklyn and listened to his parents' jazz records. At the age of ten he took up the drums although he always says that the drums chose him. He is an exceptional drummer who cemented his place among rock royalty long time ago and inspires and excites audiences worldwide.

        Danny B. Harvey (guitar, piano) is Texas-born and also discovered his love for music very early. He started playing the guitar at the age of six and even got a full scholarship to study classical guitar. He developed a finger picking guitar style that's very unique and based on his idols Merle Travis and Chet Atkins but also a result of his classical-technique education.

        Lemmy Kilmister (vocals, bass, harmonica) was born and raised in England and started to play the guitar at the age of sixteen. With a laughing eye he always said that he only took the guitar to impress the girls. He is an autodidact and changed early to bass as he stated he wasn't a good guitar player. After founding MOTÖRHEAD in 1975 he knows the ups and downs in the business and has reached the status of an icon all over the world.

        Twelve fantastic songs for "Walk The Walk, Talk The Talk" were chosen easily. HEADCAT prepare to take over the airwaves with their first single, "American Beat". "American Beat" is a song written in the studio — Lemmy had the words and the rest came together very quickly. "I Ain't Never" is one of the songs Lemmy really likes and Danny knew it — a real country, rockabilly number, full of love and ready to take you drifting away. "Let It Rock" is one of their favorite Chuck Berry tunes — THE ROLLING STONES did it a lot in their live show in the '70s — HEADCAT plays a different version. "Something Else" is a classic Eddie CochranLemmy came on stage with the STRAY CATS and jammed on it at a show in the '90s at Hammersmith Odeon so it came quite natural to take this on the record as well.

        "Walk The Walk...Talk The Talk" track listing:

        01. American Beat
        02. Say Mama
        03. I Ain't Never
        04. Bad Boy
        05. Shaking All Over
        06. Let It Rock
        07. Something Else
        08. The Eagle Flies On Friday
        09. Trying To Get To You
        10. You Can't Do That
        11. It'll Be Me
        12. Crossroads

        Lemmy previously stated about HEADCAT, "[It's all about] having fun. Fun for the sake of it. No ulterior motive. No politics. No gender. No fucking around! (laughs)"

        When asked what each member of HEADCAT brings to the sound of the band, Lemmy replied, "I don't know. You'd be the one to tell me that! . . . Well, you'd have to because I can't judge it, because I'm in it! (laughs) You can't judge what you're in the middle of. It's for the outsiders to judge that. It's for the fans to interpret a song, you know. You can write a song and three different people will write three different stories. I can't tell you what we bring to it. We bring what we got."
        New York hardcore legends SICK OF IT ALL have been confirmed for next year's edition of the Wacken Open Air festival, set to take place August 2-4, 2012 in Wacken, Germany.

        The festival billing is shaping up as follows:

        AMON AMARTH
        AXEL RUDI PELL
        CRADLE OF FILTH
        DARK FUNERAL
        DIMMU BORGIR
        ENDSTILLE
        FORBIDDEN
        GAMMA RAY
        HAMMERFALL
        HENRY ROLLINS (spoken word)
        IN EXTREMO
        MINISTRY
        MOONSPELL
        NAPALM DEATH
        PARADISE LOST
        SCORPIONS
        SICK OF IT ALL
        SIX FEET UNDER
        U.D.O.
        WATAIN
        WINTERFYLLETH

        CHICKENFOOT, the supergroup featuring guitar hero Joe Satriani, former VAN HALEN bassist Michael Anthony and frontman Sammy Hagar and drummer Kenny Aronoff (filling in for RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS' Chad Smith) — has announced "The 2011 Road Test Tour", the first performances in support of the band's forthcoming sophomore album, "III", due on September 27 via eOne Music in North America and in the rest of the world through earMUSIC/Edel. The tour is taking CHICKENFOOT to San Francisco, Los Angeles, St. Louis, Chicago and New York in early November. Venues and ticket on-sale information will be announced October 3.

        The dates are as follows:

        Nov. 01 - San Francisco, CA
        Nov. 02 - Los Angeles, CA
        Nov. 04 - St. Louis, MO
        Nov. 05 - Chicago, IL
        Nov. 08 - New York, NY

        Check Chickenfoot.us on October 3 for venue and ticket information.

        CHICKENFOOT will offer fans a free live concert webcast on September 27, the same day that "III" comes out. The band will perform tracks from the disc at 9:00 p.m. ET at TRI Studios in Marin County, California, followed by a 30-minute question-and-answer session with fans at the band's official web site. Fans can submit questions through the site and should stay tuned to CHICKENFOOT's social sites to find out how to become a member of the studio audience.

        The webcast will be rebroadcast on the the band's official web site on September 28 at 3:00 p.m. ET.

        New York-based rock/metal/gothic band HOLYHELL has announced the addition veteran John Macaluso to the group's ranks.

        HOLYHELL and Macaluso first played together in March 2011, with performances in sold-out shows in Worcester, Massachusetts and Cleveland, Ohio.

        "The energy was so amazing, you can hear it effortlessly in the performances," said HOLYHELL front woman and songwriter Maria Breon. "We want to share this experience with our fans! Join us on Facebook — and on the road!"

        Macaluso has been the recording and touring drummer for world-renowned acts such as YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, ARK, JAMES LABRIE, TNT, RIOT, POWERMAD, STARBREAKER, CHRIS CAFFERY and KRS-ONE.

        "Playing with 'Mac' has been a revelation and a pleasure for the whole band. He's a monster drummer with impeccable timing and a strong sense for the music," said musical director Francisco Palomo.

        "Johnny Mac is a perfect fit for HOLYHELL. The band sounds killer!" adds Joe Stump.

        HOLYHELL has earned high praise for its debut album HOLYHELL. The thirteen-song concept effort taps into the dichotomy of its namesake, as the members of HOLYHELL explore, lyrically and musically, the eternal struggle between darkness and light, life and death, evil and divine. HOLYHELL have gathered a growing following with their live performances in Europe and the U.S. over the last couple of years.

        The band is working on their new album, set for release in 2012.

        The next opportunity to witness the infernal energy of HOLYHELL and Macaluso are two upcoming shows in November: November 18 at the Dublin Pub in New Hyde Park, Long Island, New York and November 19, at the Starland Ballroom in Sayreville, New Jersey.

        The free live version of "Revelations' from HOLYHELL's debut album will be available on the band's Facebook page as of midnight, September 23.

        DEVIL'S TRAIN, the new band featuring MYSTIC PROPHECY mainman/producer R.D. Liapakis, STRATOVARIUS drummer Jörg Michael, guitarist Lakis Ragazas, and SYMFONIA/ex-STRATOVARIUS bassist Jari Kainulainen, has inked a deal with earMUSIC/Edel. The group's self-titled debut album was recorded at Prophecy and Music Factory studios with the production team of Liapakis and Christian Schmid. A February 17, 2012 release is expected.

        DEVIL'S TRAIN is a project Liapakis had been working on with Greek guitarist Lakis Ragazas for a year and as soon as Michael heard it, he asked to become part of it as the group's drummer.

        Commented Liapakis: "I am rock and roll down to my veins and I always had diverse influences in my music, a great part of which are expressed in the music I write with MYSTIC PROPHECY. However, the style of music I have been preparing for DEVIL'S TRAIN with Lakis Ragazas isn't the style that would fit MYSTIC PROPHECY and this is why I decided to initiate a side band. Luckily, other people with whom I have common musical background share my vice for rock 'n' roll and Jörg, as I found out when we toured together [in] January [2010], is one of them."

        Little Rock, Arkansas traditional doom metallers PALLBEARER have inked a deal with Profound Lore Records. The band's debut album, "Sorrow and Extinction", will be released in February 2012,

        Having generated a huge buzz within the doom metal scene solely based on its 2010 demo, PALLBEARER's brand of emotionally charged epic doom metal comes across as a glorious mix of CANDLEMASS, TROUBLE, and WARNING, with touches of '70s prog.

        You can stream/download PALLBEARER's 2010 demo at Bandcamp.com.

        To celebrate the 25th anniversary of the release of their "Resisting Success" album, reunited '80s/'90s metallers HADES have announced their only European show of 2012: Saturday, July 28 at the Headbangers Open Air festival in Brande-Hoernerkirchen Germany. HADES will perform songs from its first two LPs, "Resisting Success" and "If At First You Don't Succeed". A warm-up show will likely take place in New Jersey several days prior to the band's Headbangers Open Air appearance.

        HADES' lineup for these shows will feature Alan Tecchio on vocals, Dan Lorenzo and Ed Fuhrman on guitars, Tom Coombs on drums and former NON-FICTION bassist Kevin Bolembach.

        Commented Lorenzo: "We all love [former HADES guitarist] Scott [LePage], but being that he lives in Texas it just makes it harder from a logistical standpoint. Ed hasn't played with HADES since 2002 but he's ready to go."

        Professionally filmed footage of Fuhrman performing with HADES can be viewed below.

        HADES' April 2010 reunion show is documented on the DVD "Reunited & Re-Ignited", available at DanLorenzo.net. The disc also includes footage of NON-FICTION's reunion show at Dingbatz in November 2009.

        BENT SEA, the grindcore band formed by multi-instrumentalist Dirk Verbeuren, is putting the finishing touches on its debut EP, "Noistalgia". Drums and guitars for the EP were recorded and performed by Verbeuren at his own Die Crawling Studio, while ABORTED mastermind Sven De Caluwé tracked his vocals at Masterdisk Studio in Tel Aviv, Israel. A soon-to-be-announced bass player also contributed to the recording while SOILWORK/SCARVE guitarist Sylvain Coudret, added a dash of soloing flair.

        BENT SEA is the creative child of respected drummer Dirk Verbeuren, arguably most well known for his drumming skills in Sweden's SOILWORK. Yet Verbeuren has roots planted in various metal grounds.

        Storming onto the metal scene in the early Nineties as a founding member and songwriter for SCARVE, Verbeuren raised the bar for drummers across the globe.

        Verbeuren has endorsement deals with Tama, Meinl, Evans and Toontrack, to name a few, and has recorded alongside such metal gurus as Devin Townsend, Jeff Loomis, Warrel Dane and Fredrik Thordendal; not to mention bands like ABORTED, SUBLIME CADAVERIC DECOMPOSITION and ANATOMY OF I.

        "I'm a musician at heart," states Verbeuren. "I play drums because music is what I love. It's my life, my expression and my outlet. I work hard day in and out on so many projects that I'm completely proud of and then at night, or while I'm driving in my car I'm listening to what got me here and where it all began. Grindcore is what planted the seed. Sure, I listen to many styles of music but if I had to choose what music I identify with most, it's grindcore. So I started to listen to what was brewing inside of me and it came out in the form of BENT SEA. I wrote the whole album and recorded each instrument in under six weeks. It was just seeping from my pours. I had to get it out." He goes on to say, "This is my baby. I'm very proud of BENT SEA and I'm passionate about it. Every musician has something they do when they're at home, isolated in their thoughts and this is mine. I'm excited to share this side of my work with fans."

        Due on November 11, "Noistalgia" will be made available exclusively as a digital download through www.bentsea.comwhile a limited-edition physical release is also in the works.

        "Noistalgia" is eleven tracks in length and a rare initial release will include an EXTREME NOISE TERROR cover as a bonus track

        Norwegian symphonic black metal band DIMMU BORGIR has added three shows to its previously announced European tour. There will be no support band and DIMMU will perform two sets. The first set will be a full album in its entirety as chosen by the fans and the second set will include a variety of DIMMU classics.

        The dates are as follows:

        Nov. 10 - Hamburg, Germany - Markthalle
        Nov. 11 - Haarlem, The Netherlands - Patronat
        Nov. 12 - Antwerp, Belgium - Trix Hall
        Nov. 14 - Brighton, UK - Concorde 2
        Nov. 15 - Colchester, UK - Arts Centre
        Nov. 16 - Norwich, UK - Waterfront
        Nov. 18 - Glasgow, UK - Classic Grand
        Nov. 19 - Leeds, UK – The Cockpit
        Nov. 20 - Cardiff, UK - Great Hall 2
        Nov. 21 - Stoke, UK – Sugarmill
        Nov. 23 - London, UK – Islington Academy
        Nov. 24 - Nottingham, UK - Rescue Rooms
        Nov. 25 - Manchester, UK - Academy 3
        Nov. 26 - Birmingham, UK - 02 Academy 2
        Nov. 28 - Belfast, Ireland - Spring And Airbrake
        Nov. 29 - Dublin, Ireland - Academy

        Fans can vote for the following three albums on DIMMU's official Facebook page.

        A) 1994's "For All Tid"
        B) 1996's "Stormblåst"
        C) 1997's "Enthrone Darkness Triumphant"

        DIMMU BORGIR's most recent touring lineup included Geir Bratland (APOPTYGMA BERZERK, THE KOVENANT) on keyboards and Terje Andersen (a.k.a. Cyrus; SUSPERIA) on bass.

        "Abrahadabra", the ninth album from DIMMU BORGIR, sold 9,400 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 42 on The Billboard 200 chart. The band's previous CD, "In Sorte Diaboli", opened with 14,000 units back in May 2007 to debut at No. 43. This was more than double the 6,400 first-week tally achieved by its predecessor, "Death Cult Armageddon", which came out in September 2003 and landed at position No. 169 on The Billboard 200 chart.

        The word "abrahadabra" (which roughly translates into "I will create as I speak") first publicly appeared in Chapter III of "Liber AL vel Legis" (commonly referred to as "The Book of the Law") written by Aleister Crowley in Cairo, Egypt in 1904.

        "Abrahadabra" was released in Germany on September 24, 2010, in the rest of Europe on September 27, 2010, and it was made available in North America on October 12, 2010 via Nuclear Blast Records.

        VENOM, the hugely influential U.K. outfit now celebrating a full 30 years since the release of its "Welcome To Hell" debut, will have a brand new studio album released on November 28 via Spinefarm Records/Universal. Titled "Fallen Angels" and featuring 13 fresh recordings produced by mainman/bassist Conrad "Cronos" Lant, this is the follow-up to 2008's "Hell" release, and sees the trio (completed by guitarist Rage and drummer Dante) adopting a style highly redolent of classic early VENOM with modern studio technology employed only to increase the general level of nastiness.

        The first limited edition pressing of "Fallen Angels" will come with two bonus tracks, "Annunaki Legacy" and "Blackened Blues".
        Prior to the album's release, on October 31, a double-A side single, "Hammerhead" / "Hail Satanas", will be made available on 12-inch vinyl and digital download, also through Spinefarm/Universal.

        Says Cronos: "When we make an album, it usually takes a few tracks to get into the vibe, although this album's vibe was very much present during the ideas stage… everything came together so naturally.

        "We all started throwing ideas together on the South American tour, and then again during the live shows of 2010, and so we knew from the start that we had some amazing new songs to make a great album.

        "With any new album, you look for a few songs to put into the live set, although that is going to be very difficult with this record, as we can nail the entire album live if we want!

        "'Fallen Angels' is the result of a band that has spent nearly two years touring and growing as a unit, and as the band grows tighter, so the songs get better and heavier, and we instinctively know what each other is thinking, and the ideas flow easier.

        "This album is only the very start for this lineup; there will be many more albums and live shows to come for VENOM.

        "It has taken a long time and a lot of changes to finally deliver a VENOM that can attack black metal the way it should be — fast, furious, tight and terrifying. All hell breaks loose… hell fucking yeah!!!!!"

        "Fallen Angels" will feature the following songs:

        * Hammerhead
        * Nemesis
        * Pedal To The Metal
        * Lap Of The Gods
        * Damnation Of Souls
        * Beggarman
        * Hail Satanas
        * Sin
        * Punk's Not Dead
        * Death Be Thy Name
        * Lest We Forget
        * Valley Of The Kings
        * Fallen Angels

        Regarding what fans can expect to hear from the next VENOM studio LP, Cronos told The Quietus, "The new tracks are tremendous. Basically, if you think of the way [former VENOM drummer] Antton [Antony Lant, who is also Cronos' brother] was playing, especially on the last album 'Hell', he is a nu-metal drummer and comes from that kind of background. He's hung 'round VENOM most of his life and it was just good to introduce him to the whole VENOM concept of playing like the way [original VENOM drummer] Abaddon used to play. Basically Abaddon came from a rock background and then basically developed a black metal, speed metal, thrash metal style. The nu-metal drumming is very different and it was a steep learning curve for him. At the end of the day he's got his own style and he wants to be known for what he's done and not be in my shadow, which is totally understandable. Some of the guys we had coming to the rehearsals were not ex-CRADLE OF FILTH but they were still, 'I've been in this band, I've been in that band,' but they were all far too young, you know. We were looking for someone in their thirties upwards who understood rock music."

        When asked how the new songs compare to those off "Hell", Cronos said, "I would say more like those off 'Metal Black'. More like our earlier stuff. 'Hell' was getting a bit too much like session tracks. Too . . . polished. And polish isn't a good word for VENOM songs. VENOM songs need to be off the cuff, loose, a little bit thrash. Once you start polishing songs up a bit much you end up going in the wrong direction. There's a spontaneity about VENOM songs that I've always loved. When we're coming up with new VENOM songs there's one thing that I always try and keep in mind: 'Is that kid in his bedroom on his knees playing air guitar and going 'Yeah! Get in!'' You know? I'm not interested in Joe Satriani sitting there and discussing whether it's technically correct or not! That's the last thing on my mind."

        British grindcore pioneers NAPALM DEATH have re-signed with Century Media Records. The band's as-yet-untitled 14th studio album was recorded earlier this year at Parlour Studio in Kettering, U.K. with longtime producer Russ Russell and is scheduled for release in early 2012.

        Jens Prüter, head of A&R at Century Media Records in Europe, states: "NAPALM DEATH is not only one of the most important and influential extreme metal bands, they are also a band that always raises their voice against social ills — and even against record companies (remember 'Enemy Of Music Business'). Therefore I'm even more glad about NAPALM DEATH re-signing to Century Media for more great albums of intelligent and meaningful noise.

        "Have you ever seen a weak NAPALM DEATH show? I haven't, and I have seen them MANY times and will never get tired to see them again and again.

        "Thanks to Mitch, Danny, Shane and Barney for their resilience and resistance — and a special thanks to Marc from M.A.D. for fighting on their side."

        Added NAPALM DEATH vocalist Mark "Barney" Greenway: "We're very happy to be re-signing to Century Media. In fact, I think it's the first time we've actually re-signed on a longer term deal with anybody since the days when we didn't strictly know that we could be digging ourselves a big hole with labels...

        "It's important for NAPALM to stay with an independent and Century proved to us with their overall enthusiasm and attention that this is where we needed to be. There's a perfect balance of getting the band out there in people's faces whilst still understanding the point that not everything is acceptable or 'ethical' promotion. It's more like working with friends who actually care, and who could argue with that?"

        Renowned as one of the most reliable and hardest-working bands in extreme music, NAPALM DEATH is currently on the road all across Russia, will head over to Canada in October and has already confirmed appearances at the 2012 editions of the Wacken Open Air (Germany), Neurotic Deathfest (Netherlands) and Maryland Deathfest (USA) festivals.

        NAPALM DEATH earlier in the year contributed a brand new track called "Legacy Was Yesterday" to Decibel magazine's monthly flexi disc series. The song — the band's first new material since 2009's "Time Waits for No Slave" LP — was recorded at Rapture Audio with James Walford and mastered by Russ Russell.

        "Time Waits For No Slave" entered the German Media Control chart at position No. 95. The CD, which was released in the U.S. in February 2009 via Century Media Records, was recorded with producer Russ Russell. Drums were tracked at Parlour Studios in Kettering and guitars, bass and vocals were done at Foel Studios in Wales. The band then returned to Parlour for the mixing sessions.

        Germany's ATLANTEAN KODEX has been hard writing its as-yet-untitled sophomore full-length album. The follow-up to the band's heralded debut, "The Golden Bough", is "one of the most anticipated albums for fans of grand, epic and pure heavy metal," according to a press release.

        Commented guitarist Manuel Trummer: "The new album is slowly starting to take shape. So far we have around 30 minutes of all new, unreleased material. There won't be any demo songs or older songs from previous releases on the album. Regarding the general direction, you can expect the same sound and atmosphere as on 'The Golden Bough'. There won't be any change in style whatsoever. The stuff we have written so far ranges from nice headbanging up-tempo anthems to some of the slowest and most epic stuff we have done... it's safe to say that our key coordinates still are 'Into Glory Ride'-era MANOWAR, Viking-era BATHORY, arcane '80s U.S. metal served with a healthy dose of NWOBHM, folk and '70s vibes. All regressive, all ATLANTEAN KODEX."

        ATLANTEAN KODEX's new album is scheduled for release sometime in late 2012 or early 2013.

        "The Golden Bough", released by Italy's Cruz Del Sur Music in 2010, took fans of the most epic classic, power and doom metal by surprise, reaping incredible acclaim from critics and publications of all caliber and from diehard fans of pure heavy metal worldwide, and closing out the year on countless year-end lists.

        ATLANTEAN KODEX is:

        Markus Becker - Vocals, Speculative Archeology
        Michael Koch - Lead Guitar, Cryptozoology
        Florian Kreuzer - Bass Guitar, Ur-Theology
        Manuel Trummer - Guitar, Experimental Theosophy
        Mario Weiß - Battery, Gnosticism

        The vinyl reissue of "Strappado", the debut album from Canadian death/thrash metal pioneers SLAUGHTER, will be made available through the Canadian vinyl label War On Music Records.

        "Strappado" is an essential classic and cult masterpiece of Canadian metal, long out of print. SLAUGHTER famously included Chuck Shuldiner on guitar for a brief moment in the mid-'80s before Shuldiner resumed his frontman duties in DEATH.

        The War On Music release of "Strappado" will be the first-ever vinyl pressing using the remixed/remastered 1986 Fringe audio, and features tree additional tracks not included on the original LP.

        Track listing:

        01. Disintegrator / Incinerator
        02. Nocturnal Hell
        03. F.O.D. (Fuck Of Death)
        04. Tortured Souls
        05. Parasites
        06. The Curse
        07. Strappado
        08. Maim to Please
        09. One Foot in the Grave
        10. Tyrant of Hell
        11. Death Dealer
        12. Tales of the Macabre

        SLAUGHTER was a crucial player in te early Toronto thrash metal scene alongside genre heavyweights RAZOR, SACRIFICE and EXCITER. SLAUGHTER guitarist Dave Hewson recently made a guest vocal appearance on the latest SACRIFICE album, "The Ones I Condemn".

        Guitarist/vocalist Jim Malone of Virginia-based melodic tech death metallers ARSIS will be forced to sit out the band's "Frets Of Fury" tour with FIREWIND, WHITE WIZARD and NIGHTRAGE in October "due to professional and personal commitments." Filling in for him during the trek will be Mike Parks on vocals and Brandon Ellis on guitar.

        Commented the group: "Mike Parks is the obvious choice as he has helped us out in the past when Malone lost his voice, and was actually the singer of the band that became ARSIS. He is a longtime friend and an extremely strong singer, and we're happy to have him with us."

        Regarding Ellis' addition to ARSIS' touring lineup, the band said, "This is something incredibly special. He is a young guy who plays with the kind of maturity that has become rare in the modern metal and shred scene. His presence will take the guitar chops in ARSIS to a new high."

        A video statement from ARSIS guitarist Nick Cordle that includes clips of pre-production demos of brand new songs can be seen below.

        ARSIS' latest album, "Starve For The Devil", sold 1,800 copies in the United States in its first week of release. The CD landed at No. 13 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200.

        "Starve For The Devil" was released in North America on February 9, 2010 via Nuclear Blast Records. The album was recorded at Planet Z Studios in Hadley, Massachusetts with producer Chris "Zeuss" Harris, who has previously worked with MUNICIPAL WASTE, AGNOSTIC FRONT and HATEBREED, among others.