Tons of Hard Rock and HEavy Metal NEws

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3 1:06 AM
      ALICE COOPER, MASTODON, ANVIL, FEAR FACTORY and KATAKLYSM have been confirmed
      for the Heavy MTL 2010 festival, set to take place on July 24-25, 2010 at Parc
      Jean-Drapeau in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

      The festival billing is shaping up as follows:

      Saturday, July 24:

      ALICE COOPER
      MEGADETH
      SLAYER
      TESTAMENT
      MASTODON
      ANVIL
      FEAR FACTORY
      KATAKLYSM

      Sunday, July 25:

      KORN
      ROB ZOMBIE
      LAMB OF GOD
      FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH
      HATEBREED
      CHIMAIRA
      3 INCHES OF BLOOD
      WINDS OF PLAGUE
      ATREYU
      IN THIS MOMENT
      NORMA JEAN

      More acts will be announced soon.

      METALLICA , HEAVEN & HELL, RAMMSTEIN and ALICE IN CHAINS are among the confirmed bands for the Bulgarian edition of the Sonisphere festival, set to take place June 22-23, 2010 at Vasil Levski Stadium in Sofia, Bulgaria.

      The festival billing is shaping up as follows:

      Tuesday, June 22:

      METALLICA
      MEGADETH
      SLAYER
      ANTHRAX
      HEAVEN & HELL

      Wednesday, June 23:

      RAMMSTEIN
      MANOWAR
      ALICE IN CHAINS
      MASTODON
      STONE SOUR

      According to Metal Israel, a number of METALLICA fans in Israel have vowed to
      boycott the band's May 22 appearance at Ramat Gan stadium in Tel Aviv after the
      concert's promoter, Marcel Avram, announced that he would charge no less than
      600 shekel (around $159 based on the current exchange rate) for the cheapest
      seats, with the floor seats costing double that amount. A Facebook page has been
      launched in an effort to bring attention to this issue and over 540 fans have
      reportedly already "committed" to boycotting the show.

      According to Metal Israel, "the initiators of the boycott state that METALLICA
      tickets do not cost nearly as much as this in the rest of the world and assert
      that the promoter is trying to take advantage of loyal METALLICA fans. They
      propose that tickets should cost from 300 to 600 shekel, depending on the
      quality of seat — prices that are still high for the Israeli metal scene
      (international bands come to Israel all the time and tickets generally run in
      the 175-250 range)."

      This will be METALLICA's third visit to Israel; they appeared at the Amphi Park
      in Rishon Letzion in 1999 and Tel Aviv's Yarkon Park six years earlier.

      METALLICA wrapped the first leg of the jaunt at the end of January in Brazil,
      resuming in early March with stops in Mexico, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Venezuela,
      Panama and Colombia.

      MEGADETH kicked off its "Rust In Peace 20th Anniversary Tour" last night (Monday, March 1) at the Knitting Factory in Spokane, Washington.

      According to a fan posting on the band's official forum, MEGADETH's setlist was as follows (not confirmed):

      01. Set The World Afire
      02. Wake Up Dead
      03. In My Darkest Hour
      04. Holy Wars...The Punishment Due
      05. Hangar 18
      06. Take No Prisoners
      07. Five Magics
      08. Poison Was The Cure
      09. Lucretia
      10. Tornado Of Souls
      11. Dawn Patrol
      12. Rust In Peace...Polaris
      13. Head Crusher
      14. Trust
      15. Symphony Of Destruction
      16. Peace Sells

      Commented returning MEGADETH bassist David Ellefson: "We had a fantastic kick-off to the 'R.I.P.' tour last night in Spokane. It's been a lot of fun in a very quick amount of time and the pay-off with the debut of the tour last night was exhilarating indeed.

      "It's great to be back on stage playing for all of you again, especially with songs from 'Rust In Peace' that have never been performed live before...until now.

      "Looking forward to seeing you all in the coming weeks!"

      Joining MEGADETH on the current tour are TESTAMENT and EXODUS.

      The trek will run through the end of the month.

      MEGADETH's latest album, "Endgame", was recorded at Vic's Garage, the band's brand new, self-built studio in San Marcos, California. The CD was helmed by the group's mainman, Dave Mustaine, and British producer Andy Sneap (EXODUS, NEVERMORE, ARCH ENEMY, MACHINE HEAD).

      Artisan News Service conducted an interview with MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine
      at the February 17 press conference held at the Rainbow Bar & Grill on the world
      famous Sunset Strip in Los Angeles to announce the nominees for the second
      annual Revolver Golden Gods Awards. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow
      below.

      On reuniting with bassist David Ellefson six years after Ellefson filed suit
      against Mustaine, claiming, among other things, breach of fiduciary obligation,
      libel and emotional distress:

      "I'm a born-again Christian — I got saved in 2002 — and part of me getting
      saved was that I had a lot of stuff that I'd done in my career and my life that
      wasn't really great stuff, and one of the things that I realized was that I had
      been forgiven for a lot of this stuff. And with that, if I had been forgiven, I
      need to forgive, too. So I met with Dave, we were Arizona, we were talking, and
      the next thing I know, we talked about the lawsuit and I said, 'I forgive you,'
      and he said, 'I'm sorry,' and that was all that needed to be said. He's my best
      friend; I love him."

      On his excitement about playing with David Ellefson again:

      "I think it's really great because if you look at the way that we work together,
      when he came in and we started playing, the very first song, it just sounded
      right, it just sounded magic. I looked at Shawn [Drover, drums] and Shawn was
      smiling. He didn't want anybody to know he was smiling, but I saw. I looked at
      Chris [Broderick, guitar]. Chris is a really reserved guy. He didn't want
      anybody to know that he was excited, but he was excited. I looked at Dave — he
      was excited. I was excited. I think the fans are gonna be excited."

      On whether the reunion with Ellefson will last beyond the current "Rust In Peace
      20th Anniversary Tour":

      "I'm hoping it's longer than the 'Rust In Peace' tour. I really am. I hope it's
      permanent. I could see that Dave would have some reservations, because of what
      led him to sue me in the past. There was some stuff that he believes. And I told
      him that I'd like to be able to clear it up and make amends for the stuff that
      I've done that's wrong, 'cause a lot of the things that happened, I can tell you
      right now, honestly, I never intentionally tried to hurt him. There may have
      been some stuff that went wrong, and we're gonna work through it, we'll get it
      behind us, but it's gonna take a little bit of time. And the most important
      thing is that I'm willing to make it right.

      Mark Holmes of the Metal Discovery webzine conducted an interview with MEGADETH
      bassist David Ellefson on February 22. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow
      below.

      Metal Discovery: I've read that MEGADETH will be playing "Rust In Peace" in its
      entirety at live dates this year. How have rehearsals been, and has it felt
      quite natural and nostalgic to be playing all those songs again?

      Ellefson: Yeah, you're right, that is what we're doing, and it felt very
      natural. It's been really, really cool actually. I've stayed up on a lot of
      those tunes over the years and for me, and Dave as well, some songs we've never
      played again since we left the studio! [laughs]

      Metal Discovery: What ones have you never played live?

      Ellefson: Things like "…Polaris" and "Poison Was The Cure". Well, maybe we
      tried them once at sound check but they never made it into the show so never
      played them. After a while, twenty years goes by and you go, "Holy cow, we
      haven't even played that song since we recorded it!" So that's been fun for us
      to go back and listen to the record and, you know, kinda look at each other…
      What the hell were we thinking when we wrote that?! [laughs] It was very, very
      difficult, very progressive music yet, at the same time, it's cool to go back
      and really look at it through the eyes of the fans again too and just go, "Wow,
      okay, I get why they like this record!"

      Metal Discovery: How do you actually regard the album yourself now, twenty years
      on, because personally, and I'm sure I speak for hundreds of thousands of fans,
      it's one of the top ten metal records ever? And, like you say, progressive. I
      think it was way ahead of its time as well in 1990.

      Ellefson: I would agree. In fact, a lot of things with MEGADETH is I go back and
      I listen to 'em, and sometimes you need to hear it through the eyes of the
      listener because, again, we were in the room writing it, recording it, so our
      frame of reference is different. You know, I could tell over the years as we
      were making some of these records, even as we were making "Peace Sells…"… I
      spoke to Chris Poland a few weeks ago too and he even said, he goes, "Yeah, even
      the 'Peace Sells…' record, man, when we were making that, that was so just out
      there and ahead of its time in so many ways." And the "Rust In Peace" record
      falls in that same category, I think. It's one of these records that so just,
      for whatever reason man, it was just way, way out in front of what everything
      else was at that time. There's an energy about it and it was just ferocious, you
      know. So to go back and play it is a lot of fun. It's like running a friggin'
      ten-mile race, man!

      Metal Discovery: Were there any bass parts you had to really refresh your memory
      or did it all come back very naturally?

      Ellefson: It all came back pretty quickly. Even when I sat down and just
      listened to it again to play it I was like, wow. To a large degree, it's like
      riding a bike, some of that stuff. And again, that record in particular, and
      quite honestly a lot like the "Peace Sells…" record, we didn't write that in
      the studio; it wasn't some Pro Tools record. "Rust In Peace" took about a year
      and a half to write it; we demoed it once; we wrote some more; we demoed it
      again and then we went in and finally recorded it. Most of it we wrote as a
      three-piece — some of it we wrote with Chuck Behler, then he was replaced by
      Nick Menza so we wrote the remainder of it with Nick. Then we had a month of
      rehearsals with Marty and next thing is we're in the studio recording it. So a
      lot of that stuff really gets ingrained into your DNA!

      Metal Discovery: Have you actually listened to the album much in the last twenty
      years, in its entirety?

      Ellefson: You know, from top to bottom, no. I mean, look, you hear "Holy
      Wars…", yeah. Even back in my MEGADETH days before, we always played "Holy
      Wars…" and "Hangar 18", but that was about it, so now to dig in and play "Take
      No Prisoners" and "Five Magics", and those songs; it's really, really cool.

      Metal Discovery: The media seem to be touting your return to MEGADETH as just
      for the twentieth anniversary tour of "Rust In Peace", but I've also read it's
      more of a permanent arrangement. Have there been any talks within the band as to
      the future?

      Ellefson: Yeah, well, kinda like what we just spoke about earlier, obviously
      this is a pretty huge transition for me to turn this new corner back into the
      band full-time! [laughs] So we just said, look, obviously in the big picture of
      a full-time thing, basically that's the goal, is that we ramp this up, we hit
      it, we go and then off we are. Obviously I'm excited about it — I mean,
      there's a lot of other cool tours behind this: the "Big Four" shows in Europe;
      the SLAYER/MEGADETH co-headlining run through the U.S. and Canada. So, I mean,
      there's a lot of great stuff and the vibes are good, we're having a lot of fun
      with it, and I think a lot of it was… it's like musically we got in a room and
      we knew by the time we got to the first chorus of "Symphony of Destruction", I
      think we went. "Okay, this is definitely gonna work!" So there's a lot of things
      but I think our mindset with it is like let's just… we're all adults now;
      we're not just like a bunch
      of eighteen-year-old kids looking to just get out and drink some beers and get
      some blowjobs. So I think our mindset with it is like, man, let's just make sure
      that this is really cool for everybody on every level, and especially the fans.
      You know what I mean? That was a big thing for me when this opportunity came
      back over to me I'm like, man, if there's ever a time that the fans would
      absolutely love to see this whole thing back together it is right now. I mean,
      this is really a time, and none of us could have really planned or orchestrated
      this any better.

      Metal Discovery: Yeah, definitely, and purely about the music now.

      Ellefson: It really is, and I think that's what's cool about this is that this
      wasn't a bunch of money guys sitting down and thinking about how can we pump
      some life back into everybody's career again. This is something that just…you
      know, I've been happy doing what I've been doing and Dave has certainly done a
      fine job carrying on with MEGADETH, so this whole thing in coming back together
      is really…I think we're all just so happy about it because the timing of these
      tours; knowing that the fans… I don't know, it's just a cool comfort level!
      [laughs] It just feels good on a lot of levels and let's just roll with that.

      MANOWAR drummer Scott Columbus will join ROSS THE BOSS (a.k.a. former MANOWAR
      guitarist Ross Friedman) on stage at the 10th-anniversary edition of the
      Bloodstock festival, set to take place August 13-15, 2010 at Catton Hall,
      Derbyshire, United Kingdom. A posting on the festival's web site reads, "Half of
      MANOWAR on stage is still twice as metal as most, with their set promising to be
      one of the festival highlights as they tear through MANOWAR faves, and is not to
      be missed!"

      The festival billing is shaping up as follows:

      AMORPHIS
      ANDROMEDA
      BEHEMOTH
      BLACK SPIDERS
      BLOODBATH
      CANNIBAL CORPSE
      CHILDREN OF BODOM
      DEVIN TOWNSEND
      DORO
      DREAM EVIL
      EDGUY
      ENSIFERUM
      FEAR FACTORY
      GOJIRA
      GORGOROTH
      GWAR
      HEAVEN & HELL
      HOLY MOSES
      KORPIKLAANI
      LEAVES' EYES
      OBITUARY
      ONSLAUGHT
      RAGE
      ROSS THE BOSS
      SNAKEBITE
      SONATA ARCTICA
      SUFFOCATION
      TWISTED SISTER

      For more information, visit www.bloodstock.uk.com.

      Ross The Boss's latest album, "New Metal Leader", was released in August 2008
      via AFM Records. According to a press release, Ross "continues his legacy with a
      true metal album that doesn't deny his past and displays his charismatic style
      of creating great music. Imagine a basket of first-class, stomping, ground
      shaking epic heavy metal in the style of 'Battle Hymns', 'Into Glory Ride',
      'Hail To England' and 'Sign Of The Hammer' — this is exactly what you get
      here. . . Tracks like 'Blood Of Knives', 'God Of Dying' and 'I Got The Right'
      would have been highlights even on MANOWAR's glorious releases from 1982-1988.
      The battle shouts of 'We Will Kill' haunt you to the day you die, the thrilling
      up-tempo smasher 'Death & Glory' and a goodtime-rocker like 'May The Gods Be
      With You' then round off the whole spectrum of ROSS THE BOSS. Add to this the
      majestic epic tracks 'God Of Dying' and 'Immortal Son' (both in the tradition of
      eternal hymns like 'Bridge Of
      Death' and 'Guyana (Cult Of The Damned)', every fan of the early MANOWAR must
      be crying out in joy!"

      "New Metal Leader" was made available in the following formats: standard CD,
      limited digipack CD and limited two-LP gatefold vinyl. The limited digipack and
      the gatefold vinyl contain two bonus tracks.

      ACCEPT and EXHORDER have been confirmed for this year's installment of the Rock
      Hard festival, set to take place May 21-23, 2010 at the Amphitheater in
      Gelsenkirchen, Germany.

      The festival billing is shaping up as follows:

      ACCEPT
      ARTILLERY
      BLOODBATH
      BULLDOZER
      EVILE
      EXHORDER
      KATATONIA
      KEEP OF KALESSIN
      KREATOR
      NECROS CHRISTOS
      NEVERMORE
      ORPHANED LAND
      SABATON
      SONATA ARCTICA
      THE DEVIL'S BLOOD
      VIRGIN STEELE

      Legendary Swedish guitarist Yngwie Malmsteen has announced his first Russian
      concert appearances in 21 years. The shows will take place on April 21 in Moscow
      and April 24 in Saint Petersburg.

      Malmsteen released a new album called "High Impact" on December 8, 2009. The set
      was described as "a mind-boggling, high-paced compilation record" featuring a
      "surprise" bonus track — Yngwie's never-before-released interpretation of the
      MICHAEL JACKSON mega-hit classic "Beat It", which contains Malmsteen's own
      magical touch and ex-JUDAS PRIEST/ICED EARTH frontman Tim "Ripper" Owens on
      vocals.

      Rising Force Records has begun releasing rare archival concert footage that many
      Malmsteen collectors will want to have. The first is Yngwie in Korea, which was
      made available on October 13, 2009. This is the raw footage that was shot by the
      Korean media, and it features no bells and whistles.

      Malmsteen in March 2009 released an all-instrumental acoustic album, "Angels Of
      Love", which contains rearrangements of his ballad songs played on acoustic
      guitar and string and choir arrangements only. It is a masterpiece showing the
      tender, delicate version of his classic songs as well as a new composition.
      Yngwie also released two DVDs via Rising Force Records in March — "Live
      Animal" and "Live In Budokan".

      "Perpetual Flame", the latest full-length studio album from Malmsteen, was the
      first-ever Yngwie effort to be issued via Rising Force Records, It marked the
      debut of Malmsteen's new singer, Tim "Ripper" Owens.

      A limited-edition, orange-vinyl seven-inch reissue of SOUNDGARDEN 's debut SubPop single, "Hunted Down" and the B-side "Nothing To Say", will be available at select independent record stores on "Record Store Day" (April 17).

      "Record Store Day" celebrates the continued existence of independent record stores, mostly through live in-store appearances, performances and special limited-edition releases that will only be sold through participating stores on the day itself, which is April 17 this year.

      For a list of participating stores, go to this location.

      Multiple sources recently told both The Daily Swarm and the Chicago Tribune that a reunited SOUNDGARDEN is close to being confirmed as one of the headliners for the 2010 edition of Lollapalooza, scheduled for August 6-8 at Grant Park in Chicago. Representatives for the event have not commented on the reports, nor have they officially confirmed any performers for the festival.

      Despite a cryptic January 1 announcement via singer Chris Cornell's Twitter account that many took to mean SOUNDGARDEN was coming back after a 13-year hiatus, the band has yet to officially unveil any plans.

      ALICE IN CHAINS drummer Sean Kinney, who co-owns a Seattle club where the members of SOUNDGARDEN minus Cornell played a brief set last year, told The Pulse of Radio he hadn't heard much since then about a full reunion. "I haven't heard from any of them that they're actually doing it," he said. "I know there's talks of it. I know they're releasing stuff that they've had, rarities and kind of box set-ty deal, but I'd like to see 'em do some shows and they probably will. But I haven't heard that they will for sure."

      One factor that could complicate plans for a SOUNDGARDEN reunion would be the schedule of drummer Matt Cameron, who is committed to shows this year with PEARL JAM, of which he has been a member since 1998.

      The lineup for Lollapalooza, now entering its sixth year as a "destination" festival, is usually unveiled by organizers in April, with acts leaked beforehand.

      ALICE IN CHAINS has been confirmed for the Swiss edition of the Sonisphere
      festival, set to take place on Friday, June 18, 2010 at Degenaupark in
      Wil/Jonschwil, Switzerland.

      The festival billing is shaping up as follows:

      METALLICA
      SLAYER
      MEGADETH
      ANTHRAX
      HEAVEN & HELL
      MOTÖRHEAD
      ALICE IN CHAINS
      MASTODON
      DEVILDRIVER
      VOLBEAT
      AMON AMARTH
      RISE AGAINST
      ATREYU
      AS I LAY DYING
      STONE SOUR
      BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE

      Party tent (on Thursday, June 17):

      OVERKILL
      THE SORROW

      Greg Olma of 69 Faces Of Rock recently conducted an interview with W.A.S.P.
      mainman Blackie Lawless. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

      69 Faces Of Rock: You've been writing songs for a while now. How do you know
      when a song is done? When does a song tell you it's finished?

      Lawless: Oh, it talks to you. When you're writing, one of the things you learn
      after you've been doing it for a while is once it starts to take shape, get out
      of the way of it. You see, it will start talking back to you after a while. All
      songwriters who have been doing this for a while will tell you this; that they
      [the songs] will talk back to you and the trick is to get yourself out of the
      way. Stop blocking it. Let it say what it wants to say and let it take you in
      the direction that it wants to go. Now, when it's done, and here is the
      torturous part that all creative people will tell you, it's then once you
      believe it's done, of then at looking at what are the alternative possibilities.
      That can be a torturous process because it's a lot of work for maybe a miniscule
      change. One of the things I learned from [Muhammad] Ali is the difference
      between good and great is the attention to detail. A lot of that, that last
      10%as far as man hours goes, ends up
      being a lot more than the other 90% that got it going in the first place. So
      you have to go back, even when you think it's done, and say "are there anymore
      possibilities of where we could go here or go there?" I think that at the end of
      the day, when you look at it and whether it's done or not, you ask yourself
      "does this thing move me?" You can always tinker with something to death and
      it's not necessarily going to make it better. Sometimes it can make it worse.
      Like I said, it's really just a question of learning to listen to it.

      69 Faces Of Rock: I read recently that you were not going to play "Animal (Fuck
      Like A Beast)" live anymore. Are there any other songs that you feel don't
      represent the W.A.S.P. of today?

      Lawless: I haven't played "Animal" for quite a few years now but I would have to
      give it some thought. That was really the first one that came to my mind. A lot
      of times, the silence is louder than the actual thing itself. By not doing it
      sometimes speaks volumes than actually doing it. The absence of something
      screams at times. I think that is a positive.

      69 Faces Of Rock: Are there any plans on filming this tour for a possible CD or
      DVD release?

      Lawless: I don't know. We just finished three months in Europe and we did a lot
      of stuff over there. Some of it is actually really, really impressive looking.
      This show that we're doing now has a movie screen behind us. We're running a lot
      of the old promo videos from the past and when you see "Wild Child" or something
      like that, you see the old video behind us and it's in sync. You see me singing
      in the video from 20 years ago but you also see it in 3-D as I'm standing there
      singing in real time. It's got kind of a neat effect. When you see the
      presentation, it's pretty impressive and there is some really good stuff that we
      have but I just don't know. The world has changed as far as the way bands
      approach making studio records and live records. I think live records are
      something you are going to see less and less of because labels aren't really
      interested in doing that anymore. Historically, a live record would have
      represented ½ of what a new studio
      release would have done. It's not just what bands want to do. You have a whole
      retail world that you have to take into consideration. Is Best Buy going to want
      to take that thing? There are all kinds of considerations that the people never
      think about. They think the artists make the sole decision and it's not always
      like that.

      69 Faces Of Rock: What was the last CD you purchased as a download or physical
      CD?

      Lawless: I can't even remember. I don't listen to as much stuff as people might
      think. My first reaction is to say John Lee Hooker but I don't know it that is
      accurate or not. People say "what are you listening to?" but you know, I'm doing
      it all the time. It's kind of like a mechanic who works on cars all day; he may
      work on brakes. The last thing he wants to do is go home and work on his own
      brakes. It's a little bit like that with what we do. I certainly don't listen to
      anything in my own genre. When I listen to music, it's usually going to be
      something related to what we do.

      69 Faces Of Rock: My last question is, if you had a record label, how would you
      do things differently?

      Lawless: The situation that I have right now is very much a partnership with the
      label that I'm involved with right now. In a lot of ways, it's like that even
      now. But for myself, I'm doing what I would want to do. The big question is,
      "Would you or could you do it for somebody else?" and that's where the problem
      lies. 15 years ago when we started Sanctuary Records, that was the whole dream,
      to start our own record company and so we did and that's no longer a situation
      that functions, number one but secondly, even if it did [function], you can't do
      what we did before. When we did that with Sanctuary, we were the last of it's
      kind. You will never see anything like that again, not in our lifetime, because
      the model that we used to create that was the same model that everybody had used
      before which was effectively Ahmet Ertegun's model that he had created with
      Atlantic Records. We all used that for 50 years and then when the Internet came
      along, it
      literally destroyed that working model. Until somebody finds out a new working
      model of how to sell records, you'll never see that again. It's a brave new
      world out there right now of how things are done. The drag is we started
      Sanctuary because we hated the idea of what the majors had become. We referred
      to them as the "evil empire" and as bad as they were, the one thing that they
      did really well was get us new material. We were with EMI for, I think, 13
      years. When they decided if you had a single that they believed in, to watch
      them put that machinery to work was a thing of beauty. On a global level, you
      talk about bringing the hammer down. It was a beautiful thing to watch that
      machinery work. But that doesn't exist anymore so that was one of the things we
      lost of not having those "evil empires," as I refer to them. The single biggest
      thing that you're going to lose is new music because there is no vehicle now to
      bring that stuff to people the way
      that it used to be. There's certainly not going to be artists given the
      opportunity to grow and develop. I mean, a band like AC/DC would never have had
      the chance to make "Back In Black". They would never have been allowed three or
      four records to develop. Somebody was asking me the other day, "Where are all
      the great frontmen coming from?" and I said, "There aren't anymore". This is it.
      What you see right now is what it is. When any band capable of headlining a
      festival or filling a stadium; when those guys are gone, they ain't coming back.
      It's over because there is no factory to recruit that anymore; where that
      factory will allow that talent to develop, to become that great frontman. If you
      want to see Lemmy, you have to buy a ticket to go see MOTÖRHEAD. If you want to
      see Geoff Tate, you're going to have to buy a ticket to see QUEENSRŸCHE. When
      all those great frontmen are gone, they are gone. They are not coming back. They
      are an endangered
      species.

      JON OLIVA'S PAIN's fourth album, "Festival", has entered the German Media
      Control chart at position No. 87.

      Commented the band: "This is first time that JON OLIVA'S PAIN has accomplished
      such an important milestone and we would like to thank our partners at AFM
      Records for the dedication and belief in the music that we create. And special
      thanks to the countless fans that have traveled this six-plus-year journey with
      us. We can't survive without you, and this could have only happened as a
      result of your direct support... Thank you all!"

      In other news, JON OLIVA'S PAIN has begun to announce its headlining
      fall tour to support the new release. Confirmed dates are listed below, with the
      band's DVD concert filming set to take place on October 15 at the 013 in
      Tilburg, Holland.

      Oct. 01 - DE - Gunzendorf @ Prog Metal Night
      Oct. 02 - DE - Essen @ Turock
      Oct. 05 - DE - Hamburg @ New Ballroom
      Oct. 06 - DE - Aschaffenburg @ Colos-Saal
      Oct. 08 - DE - Köln @ Werkstat
      Oct. 09 - DE - Memmingen @ Kaminwerk
      Oct. 10 - DE - Ludwigsburg @ Rockfabrik
      Oct. 12 - FR - Colmar @ Grillen
      Oct. 13 - CH - Pratteln @ Z7
      Oct. 15 - NL - Tilburg @ 013 (Live DVD Concert-No support)
      Oct. 16 - BE - Vosselar @ Biebob

      JON OLIVA'S PAIN's "Festival" CD-release concert, which was scheduled to take
      place Saturday, April 24 at Bourbon Street in New Port Richey, Florida prior to
      the group's appearance on the Triton Power Cruise (April 20-May 3), has been
      cancelled. The band stated, "Bourbon Street is always the kick-off show to our
      tours, but with the cancellation of Wacken Brazil / South American tour and now
      the Triton Power Cruise we just can't justify the amount of time and money it
      takes for us to put on just one show. Between rehearsals costs for the band and
      crew, we would be losing big money just playing this one-off gig."

      "Festival" was released on February 19 via AFM Records.

      The track listing for the CD is as follows:

      01. Lies
      02. Death Rides A Black Horse
      03. Festival
      04. Afterglow
      05. Living On The Edge
      06. Looking For Nothing
      07. The Evil Within
      08. Winter Haven
      09. I Fear You
      10. Now

      3 INCHES OF BLOOD and SMOKE BLOW have been confirmed for the Swiss edition of the Sonisphere festival, set to take place on Friday, June 18, 2010 at Degenaupark in Wil/Jonschwil, Switzerland. Also newly added are UNEARTH and 36 CRAZYFISTS, who will perform on the festival's opening night (Thursday, June 17) in the camping area.

      The festival billing is shaping up as follows:

      METALLICA
      SLAYER
      MEGADETH
      ANTHRAX
      HEAVEN & HELL
      MOTÖRHEAD
      ALICE IN CHAINS
      STONE SOUR
      RISE AGAINST
      VOLBEAT
      MASTODON
      AS I LAY DYING
      BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE
      DEVILDRIVER
      ATREYU
      AMON AMARTH
      3 INCHES OF BLOOD
      SMOKE BLOW

      Party tent (on Thursday, June 17):

      OVERKILL
      UNEARTH
      36 CRAZYFISTS
      THE SORROW

      German pagan metallers EQUILIBRIUM have announced the addition of vocalist Robse
      to the group's ranks.

      Commented mainman/guitarist René Berthiaume: “We know Robse for quite some
      time now, so for us it was a just a logical decision having him as the new
      singer of EQUILIBRIUM.

      "The recordings are on and with his stunning voice we got shitloads of new
      possibilities for the new album up our sleeves! The mood in the band is
      fantastic and we can't wait to enter the stage with Robse!"

      Added Robse: "I am really proud and thankful for being a part of the EQUILIBRIUM
      family now! Two years ago, René asked me if I wanted to handle the vocals on
      one of his projects. So the foundation was already there. Now being the singer
      of his main band is just amazing! The boys and the girl welcomed me so warmly
      and I am SO looking forward to the things to come!"

      A short video message from the band introducing the new singer can be viewed
      below.

      In February 2010, EQUILIBRIUM parted ways with vocalist Helge Stang and drummer
      Manuel Di Camillo "due to personal reasons." The band stated at the time, "There
      is no bad blood between us and we wish them the best of luck for all future
      endeavours. We shared some really special moments on stage. Nevertheless, this
      will in now way affect the music of EQUILIBRIUM. The songs will still be written
      and composed by René Berthiaume."

      EQUILIBRIUM's "Blut im Auge" video can be viewed below. The track comes off the
      group's second album, "Sagas", which entered the German Media Control chart at
      position No. 30 back in July 2008. The album features a guest appearance by
      Ulrich Herkenhoff, who is said to be "one of the most famous pinpipe players and
      can be heard on the soundtrack of 'The Lord of the Rings - Return of the King'."
      "Sagas" also features a violin solo by Agnes Malich, deputy concertmaster of the
      Augsburg Philharmonic Orchestra.

      For more information, visit www.myspace.com/equilibrium.

      Multinational metalheads POWERWOLF have parted ways with drummer Stefane Funebre
      and have replaced him with Tom Diener. The band states, "Tom already toured with
      us as temporary replacement for Funebre during the last 12 months and in the
      meantime has become a true member of the pack and a master of the ceremony."

      "Bible Of The Beast", the latest album from POWERWOLF, entered the German Media
      Control chart at position No. 76. The CD was released on April 27, 2009 in
      Europe via Metal Blade Records. Mixed by legendary producer Fredrik Nordström
      (IN FLAMES, HAMMERFALL, ARCH ENEMY) the opus is said to be POWERWOLF's heaviest
      album to date.

      BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE and APOCALYPTICA are among the confirmed bands for
      X103's Mayday 2010, set to take place Saturday, May 29 at Verizon Wireless Music
      Center in Noblesville, Indiana .

      The festival billing is as follows:

      THREE DAYS GRACE
      PUDDLE OF MUDD
      BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE
      APOCALYPTICA
      CAGE THE ELEPHANT
      HALESTORM

      "Horror metal" supergroup DENIAL FIEND is putting the finishing touches on its
      follow-up to 2007's "They Rise" for a late 2010 release via Ibex Moon Records.
      According to guitarist Sam Williams, the as-yet-untitled CD will contain eight
      "gore-filled tracks," including "Hell Asylum", which will feature guest guitar
      solos from Steve Swanson (SIX FEET UNDER, MASSACRE), Ralph Santolla (DEICIDE,
      OBITUARY, ICED EARTH) and James Murphy (DEATH, TESTAMENT, OBITUARY). All of the
      guitar and drum tracks for the new album have been completed and the bass and
      vocals are nearly done. Mixing is set to begin at the end of March.

      Regarding the direction the band has taken since recruiting new members last
      year, Williams stated, "Whether it's the infusion of the new members and their
      particular backgrounds or just the way we were going already... the new album is
      faster, thrashier, heavier and tighter. Old-school crossover hardcore/thrash
      meets death metal."

      DENIAL FIEND 2010 is:

      * Terry Butler (SIX FEET UNDER, ex-MASSACRE, ex-DEATH) - Bass
      * Sam Williams (DOWN BY LAW, PSEUDO HEROES) - Guitar
      * Rob Rampy (D.R.I.) - Drums
      * Blaine Cook (THE ACCUSED, TOE TAG) - Vocals

      For more information, visit www.myspace.com/denialfiendband.

      Dutch "atmospheric doomsters" OFFICIUM TRISTE have parted ways with drummer
      Ronald Lagerwaard and have replaced him with Niels Jordaan (IN AGE AND SADNESS).
      The band states, "Ronald simply couldn't commit to the plans we have concerning
      OFFICIUM TRISTE's future. Because of this we had to make a difficult decision as
      we really appreciated Ronald as a person and as a skilled drummer.

      "As a band we do want to perform live on a regular basis and that simply wasn't
      possible due to logistics and personal affairs."

      Regarding Ronald's replacement, OFFICIUM TRISTE says, "After some serious
      brainstorming who would be an ideal drummer, we decided to ask Niels Jordaan,
      who in the past pounded the drums for the now-defunct band IN AGE AND SADNESS.
      Since we shared the stage with IN AGE AND SADNESS several times in the past, we
      knew Niels would be a good replacement. Niels gladly accepted our offer and we
      are currently rehearsing material with Niels."

      In other news, OFFICIUM TRISTE is currently writing material for its fifth
      full-length album. The band says, "Right now we have plenty of ideas for 6-to-7
      new songs and it's coming along nicely. We hope to finish the album before the
      summer and have it released this fall. This will be our last album under the
      current contract with Displeased Records.

      "At this moment we are also negotiating a couple of festival appearances later
      this year. More news about those performances is expected soon."

      OFFICIUM TRISTE's fourth full-length album, "Giving Yourself Away", was released
      on May 28, 2007 via Displeased Records. The CD was recorded at Excess studio in
      Rotterdam, Holland.

      Swedish metallers ASTRAL DOORS have been confirmed for this year's edition of
      the Wacken Open Air festival, set to take place August 5-7, 2010 in Wacken,
      Germany.

      The festival billing is shaping up as follows:

      1349
      ALICE COOPER
      ARCH ENEMY
      AMORPHIS
      ASTRAL DOORS
      ATROCITY
      BROILERS
      CALIBAN
      CANDLEMASS
      CANNIBAL CORPSE
      CORVUS CORAX
      CRUCIFIED BARBARA
      DEBAUCHERY
      DEGRADEAD
      DELAIN
      DESPISED ICON
      DIE APOKALYPTISCHEN REITER
      DIE KASSIERER
      EDGUY
      EQUILIBRIUM
      END OF GREEN
      ENDSTILLE
      ETERNAL LEGACY
      EVILE
      FIDDLER'S GREEN
      GHOST BRIGADE
      GOJIRA
      GRAVE DIGGER
      HACKNEYED
      HANGGAI
      HELLS BELLES
      HOLY GRAIL
      IHSAHN
      ILL NINO
      IMMORTAL
      IMPERIUM DEKADENZ
      IRON MAIDEN
      KAMPFAR
      KATAKLYSM
      LAKE OF TEARS
      LETZTE INSTANZ
      MAROON
      METSATÖLL
      MÖTLEY CRÜE
      NIGHTMARE
      ORDEN OGAN
      ORPHANED LAND
      OVERKILL
      PRIMAL FEAR
      RAVEN
      SCHELMISH
      SECRETS OF THE MOON
      SLAYER
      SMOKE BLOW
      SÓLSTAFIR
      STRATOVARIUS
      SUICIDAL ANGELS
      TARJA
      THE DEVIL'S BLOOD
      THE NEW BLACK
      THE OTHER
      TIAMAT
      TYR
      U.D.O.
      VARG
      VOIVOD
      W.A.S.P.

      Finnish rock band NEGATIVE will release its fifth album, "Neon", on June 2. The
      CD was recorded at the Broken Wave studios in Los Angeles with Warren Riker as
      the engineer/assistant producer and Jimmy Westerlund as the producer.

      According to a press release, "Neon" is "a milestone in NEGATIVE's career. A lot
      has been invested in the production — the material has been polished to
      perfection before entering the studios under the supervision of Jeff Blue.
      Singer Jonne Aaron's vocal scale stretches wider than ever and the band’s
      playing comes together brilliantly on this upcoming album. Aaron has composed an
      album filled to the brim with emotional stadium rock."

      "Neon" will be the first NEGATIVE album to be released in Europe and Asia
      simultaneously via Warner Music and JVC Music, respectively. The CD's first
      single, "End Of The Line", was distributed to radio stations March 1 and will be
      followed by a music video later in the spring.

      Jonne Aaron describes "Neon" as "melody rich and comprehensive string of pearls
      with a twist."

      "Neon" track listing:

      01. No One Can Save Me Tonight
      02. End Of The Line
      03. Love That I Lost
      04. Blood On Blood
      05. Believe
      06. Celestial Summer
      07. Jealous Sky
      08. Days I'm Living For
      09. Since You've Been Gone
      10. Kiss Of Hope
      11. Fucking Worthless
      12. Neon Rain

      MUSTASCH and DANKO JONES will warm up the crowd when the Columbus Blue Jackets
      open their 10th National Hockey League season with a pair of games vs. the San
      Jose Sharks at Ericcson Globe Arena in Stockholm, Sweden on Friday, October 8
      and Saturday, October 9, the club. MUSTASCH will perform on Friday and DANKO
      JONES will appear the following night.

      MUSTASCH was honored with the "Best Hard Rock" award at the Swedish "Grammis"
      gala, which was held on January 15 at Münchenbryggeriet in Stockholm.

      MUSTASCH's self-titled album was made available outside Scandianavia on January
      8 via Nuclear Blast Records. The CD was released on September 30, 2009 in
      Finland and Sweden and October 5, 2009 in Denmark and Norway via Regain Records.
      The follow-up to 2007's "Latest Version of the Truth" was recorded at Bohus
      Sound Studios in Sweden with producer Tobias Lindell.

      DANKO JONES's new album, "Below The Belt", was produced by the band's old friend
      and longtime collaborator Matt DeMatteo, who previously helmed "We Sweat Blood"
      and "Sleep Is The Enemy". Scheduled for a May 10-14 release (depending on which
      country you live in) "Below The Belt" contains 11 tracks that sees the band
      returning to its roots with a harder/more powerful sound, while simultaneously
      keeping the incredible harmonies of their more recent releases. All the photos
      for the record were shot by Dean Karr (IRON MAIDEN, OZZY OSBOURNE, MARILYN
      MANSON, etc.) at various locations/studios in Los Angeles.

      German extreme metal veterans HOLY MOSES have been confirmed for the
[...]

      Guitarist/vocalist Rainer Nygård of Finnish metallers DIABLO has issued the
      following update:

      "Late autumn last year we thought that we needed some time off from rock 'n'
      roll business. It was a good choice because now that our mental and physical
      batteries are full again, it's easier to think about future. So in the beginning
      of this year we started to work with new material on a more serious basis.

      "At the moment we've got enough ideas and material for me to say that we will
      release a new DIABLO album in the future. Date is open of course but when the
      stars are on the right position we will inform you guys. Most of the stuff is,
      of course, brand new but we will also give a shot for couple of strong older
      riffs which did not open in last producing sessions the way we wanted them to.

      "At this point it's hard to say what the next album is going to be like, but
      fast enough for sure, ha ha! I also think that we use keyboards more
      open-mindedly than in previous albums.

      Sounds a bit suspicious, eh? Don't worry, it will be still uncompromising heavy
      metal. I have some ideas about the 'big theme' and graphics too. For me,
      especially, those two are the most important things in starting a new project
      seriously.

      "We have promised to do only two gigs during the summer of 2010, and rest of the
      year is left open on purpose. If some interesting offers come in sigh, we might
      reconsider but otherwise we're concentrating on writing new material."

      "Icaros", the fifth album from DIABLO, entered the national chart in the band's
      home country of Finland at position No. 2.

      "Icaros" was released on May 14, 2008 via Sakara Records, the label founded by
      the Finnish metal band MOKOMA. The CD was recorded Fantom studio in Tampere.

      Formed in 1990, DIABLO's current lineup consists of Rainer Nygård, guitarist
      Marko Utriainen, bassist Aadolf Virtanen and drummer Heikki Malmberg.

      Finnish metallers BURNING POINT have entered the studio to record their
      as-yet-untitled fifth CD, tentatively due later in the year. The group says,
      "All in all, 21 songs [are being laid down during the sessions]. All the drums
      are recorded as well as 80% of the final rhythm guitars, and although there's
      nothing else there yet, the songs sound AWESOME! It's going to be very hard to
      decide which songs we put on the album but our plan is to choose, somewhere
      along the line, 10-12 best from the best."

      BURNING POINT filmed its performance at last year's Jalometalli metal music
      festival — which was held August 14-15, 2009 at Club Teatria in Oulu, Finland
      — for a forthcoming DVD.

      BURNING POINT is featured on "ReUnation - A Tribute To Running Wild", the
      tribute to German metal legends RUNNING WILD which contains cover versions of
      songs exclusively from the albums "The Rivalry" (1998), "Victory" (2000), "The
      Brotherhood" (2002) and "Rogues En Vogue" (2005).

      BURNING POINT's fourth album, "Empyre", was released in February 2009 via Metal
      Heaven. The artwork for the CD was handled by Felipe Machado Franco who had
      previously worked with such artists as ICED EARTH, AXEL RUDI PELL and BLAZE
      BAYLEY.

      BURNING POINT is:

      Pete Ahonen – vocals, guitars
      Pekka Kolivuori - guitars
      Jukka Jokikokko - bass
      Pasi Hiltula - keyboards
      Jussi Ontero – drums

      Portuguese metallers MOONSPELL have been confirmed for the 70000 Tons Of Metal cruise, which is set to sail from Miami, Florida to Cozumel, Mexico on January 24 , 2011 and return four days later.

      The festival billing is shaping up as follows:

      AMON AMARTH
      EPICA
      FINNTROLL
      MOONSPELL
      RAVEN
      SAXON
      SODOM
      SONATA ARCTICA
      STRATOVARIUS
      TROUBLE
      ULI JON ROTH
      WITCHBURNER

      SAXON will play two unique shows. One night they will perform the "Wheels Of Steel" LP in its entirety and on a different night, for the second show, they will play "Strong Arm Of The Law" from start to finish.

      70000 Tons Of Metal will sail Monday, January 24, 2011 aboard the Royal Caribbean "Majesty of the Seas" from Miami, Florida to Cozumel, Mexico and will not return you to the real world for four days until Friday, January 28, 2011.

      Make no mistake, 70000 Tons Of Metal is not your grandma's cruise. It's also not one of the cruises that share the ship with normal cruise guests. This is an all-ship heavy metal cruise! Can you imagine that? A whole luxury cruise ship full of metalheads? And since there is no backstage area you will have the opportunity to mingle side-by-side with the artists in this incredibly fan-friendly scenario that has no comparison. It's like everyone has a backstage pass and you might even need a vacation from this vacation when all is said and done!

      Ticket prices start at US$666 plus US$249 taxes and fees per person and include all on-board entertainment, all meals and non-alcoholic and non-carbonated drinks at the on-board restaurants and 24-hour room service!

      For more information, go to www.70000tons.com.

      It wasn't logical but it made complete sense. Tommy Lee has rocked every continent multiple times, he's sold millions of records with MÖTLEY CRÜE and on his own; he's done everything a musician dreams of doing. Except this: he'd never made a record with the entire world. "This really was one of the most incredible experiences I've had making a record, other than the first time I made a record — because there's nothing quite like popping your cherry!" Tommy says. "This record was the craziest thing ever. Parts were sent in from all over the world by people wanting to participate in the first once-in-a-lifetime global collaboration. It was insane dude!"

      The result is the second METHODS OF MAYHEM album, "A Public Disservice Announcement", the first truly collaborative effort an artist of Tommy's magnitude has ever dared to attempt. The concept came easy, the execution did not — it took time, technology, patience and dedication. The first step was to set the parameters. Tommy and his team, including producer Scott Humphrey, singer-guitarist J3 and others, wrote and recorded the songs, which ran the gamut from hard rock anthems to ballads to dance tracks. Then they made the core components of each song available for download on ThePublicRecord.com to anyone who wished to add their playing or otherwise re-interpret the music however they saw fit. Tommy listened to every single submission that was uploaded, chose the best, and integrated the actual audio tracks into the album's final cuts.

      "Some people were confused because no one has attempted anything like this before," Tommy says. "I got a lot of emails asking me if they'd get songwriting credit if their part was used. That wasn't the case, because all of these songs were already written and recorded." That's not to say that the many contributors will remain anonymous, however. Every single musician whose part was used is credited and thanked on the album. "Credit doesn't always happen in the music industry — or any industry — when you're starting out," Tommy says. "And it hardly ever happens the first time you do something. I've done plenty of things for the credit, not the check, so I made sure that all of the people who sent us things we used were called out for their work. Take it from me — credit lasts forever, money doesn't!"

      The song files were made available on ThePublicRecord.com on October 5, 2009. By the end of the submission period in February, 2010, the page was viewed over 1 million times and over 10,000 submissions were uploaded. The music Tommy received was all recorded in Pro Tools, Logic or Garage Band. And if a would-be collaborator had none of those, they were able to download a program called Riff Works for free from the web site. What came back once the public got its hands on the raw ingredients was truly all over the map — just as Tommy had hoped.

      There were techno tracks sent in from the foothills of Osaka, Japan, there were hand drum rhythms sent in from India and searing guitar solos sent from as close to home as San Diego. There were also plenty of sounds to confuse and boggle the mind. "Some crazy dude from Prague, I think it was, sent in a spoken word track that had nothing at all to do with the song," Tommy says. "It was this bit about 'the cow's moon being in the sky, parting the broken winds of the clouds of the sea.' I turned to my producer and was like, 'I don't know what he's talking about but I want what he's got!'"

      In his work outside of the CRÜE, Tommy always challenges himself musically, so the greatest side effect of this project was his exposure to so many new ideas. "When you hear something totally left field," he says, "you realize that someone is hearing the same song so differently than you are. It makes you think about how you wrote it — and there's pros and cons to that." One of the pros, was that the song "Back To Before", which started out as a rock song , ended up as a dance song. "This guy from France sent in this complete re-edit — he made it into a full on dance track. Anyone who knows me at all knows I love dance music, so when I heard it, that was it! It threw the song into a full 360°. We pumped the breaks and started over."

      Tommy, along with his producer and band listened to about 1,500 submissions a week — over 200 a day. For all of the memorable oddballs, there was an over-abundance of talent. "There is a lot of undiscovered talent out there, from kids just getting started, to shirt tuckers who have a 9 to 5 that just rock out in a bar band on the weekends. They don't want to be famous, but those guys are stars." Tommy's greatest reward, however, was the appreciation he received for giving those unsung heroes a chance. "I got so many emails thanking me for the opportunity," he says. "I kept thinking of myself at 15. If LED ZEPPELIN had put tracks online and I'd ripped a few beats in my parents garage, sent them in and they'd used them? I would have died!"

      Though the project is called METHODS OF MAYHEM, it bears little resemblance to its first incarnation — except for the fact that it's unlike anything else you'll hear this year. "When I founded METHODS in 1999, the whole purpose of the band was to be all over the place," Tommy says. "And in keeping with that, this METHODS isn't anything like the last one. There's no hip hop and there's no roster of guest stars. This time, it's me, my band, and the world." When METHODS OF MAYHEM brings "A Public Disservice Announcement" on tour to the public that helped make it later this year, expect more of the unexpected. "There's some technology out there right now video and lighting wise that is blowing my mind," Tommy says. "I do a rock band with MÖTLEY. METHODS is not going to be that kind of set up. I want something like DAFT PUNK but unique to this. I want a real robot playing bass. I want the show to start at the mixing board. I want to do everything you're
      not supposed to do and hope it works. This is going to be something else, something I've never done before — that's my goal."

      Watch for the first single, "Time Bomb", to drop in March and the album, "A Public Disservice Announcement", in May 2010.

      Hardcore/metal crossover pioneers D.R.I. (DIRTY ROTTEN IMBECILES) have added more dates to their growing schedule. These shows will bring the band out again in September/October and will include appearances in markets not yet played by the band since they returned to the live stage last November.

      Sep. 09 - Tucson, AZ - The Rock
      Sep. 10 - Mesa, AZ - U.B.'S
      Sep. 11 - Las Vegas, NV - Cheyanne Saloon
      Sep. 12 - Sparks, NV - New Oasis
      Sep. 17 - Portland, OR - Satyricon
      Sep. 18 - Seattle, WA - El Corazon
      Sep. 19 - Bend, OR - Midtown Ballroom
      Sep. 24 - Ramona, CA - Ramona Mainstage
      Sep. 25 - Anaheim, CA - Chain Reaction
      Sep. 26 - Palmdale, CA - The Crossing
      Sep. 28 - Syracuse, NY - Lost Horizon
      Sep. 29 - Allentown, PA - Crocodile Rock
      Sep. 30 - Pitt, PA - Diesel
      Oct. 01 - Cleveland, OH - Peabody's
      Oct. 02 - Detroit, MI - Blondies
      Oct. 04 - St Louis, MO - The Firebird
      Oct. 05 - Waterloo, IA - Spicoli's
      Oct. 06 - Lincoln, NE - Knickerbockers
      Oct. 14 - Jacksonville, FL - Jack Rabbits
      Oct. 15 - Tampa, FL - Brass Mug
      Oct. 16 - Orlando, FL - Lyrica
      Oct. 17 - Ft Lauderdale, FL - Culture Room

      Tickets go on sale today at EnterTheVault.com exclusively until April 2, at which point they will be made available through all normal ticketing systems.

      Look for more dates to be added in November and December.

      Beer City Records has set an April 13 release date for the reissue of "Crossover", the classic 1987 album from D.R.I.. Due on LP, CD and as a digital download, the LP was remastered by Bill Metoyer, who was the engineer for the original recordings. The CD and digital version of the reissue will include the original 13 songs plus 11 bonus tracks.

      "Crossover" reissue track listing:

      01. The Five Year Plan
      02. Tear It Down
      03. A Coffin
      04. Probation
      05. I.D.K.Y.
      06. Decisions
      07. Hooked
      08. Go Die
      09. Redline
      10. No Religion
      11. Fun And Games
      12. Oblivion
      13. Outro
      14. The Five Year Plan (Live At the Ritz)
      15. Redline (Live At the Ritz)
      16. Fun And Games (Live At the Ritz)
      17. Tear It Down (Live At the Ritz)
      18. Probation (Live At the Ritz)
      19. Go Die (Live At the Ritz)
      20. The Five Year Plan (Demo)
      21. Fun And Games (Demo)
      22. Kurt (Interview)
      23. Spike (Interview)
      24. Josh and Felix (Interview)

      Prior to 2009, the band's last show in North America was September 2004 when a proposed winter tour was abruptly canceled by the news that founding member Spike Cassidy was diagnosed with colon cancer. He underwent surgery (a one-foot section of large intestine was removed through an eight-inch incision in his stomach on March 27, 2006), radiation and chemotherapy and is said to be winning the battle against the disease.

      For the past 27 years, D.R.I. has been the epitome of the aggressive, hardcore-punk thrash sound that we've all become accustomed to hearing. Throughout this time, they've been one of the few genuine underground bands to remain true to their pure punk roots. Still actively touring and recording, the only thing that may have changed is that they're a little older now, but time hasn't gotten the best of the DIRTY ROTTEN IMBECILES. They're still thrashing just as hard, and just as loud as ever, continuing to overload our senses with the sound that is, and will always remain, uniquely D.R.I.

      MARDUK and SAMAEL are among the confirmed bands for this year's edition of the Firebox Metal Fest, set to take place April 23-24 at Rytmikorjaamo in Seinäjoki, Finland.

      The festival billing is shaping up as follows:

      Friday, April 23:

      MARDUK
      DEMONICAL
      SKEPTICISM