Deep Purple, Black Sabbathm Heaven and Hell, Tony Iommi, Rick Wakeman, Ozzy Osbourne, Black Label Society, Zakk Wylde, AC/DC, Judas Priest, Rob Halford, Metallica, Megadeth, and tons more hard rock, classic rock, heavy metal and more

    Message 1 of 1 , May 28, 2009
      BraveWords.com has received the following press release:

      DEEP PURPLE are easily one of the most influential and dynamic British rock bands of the 20th Century. On June 2nd, eager fans will have the opportunity to experience highlights from the early days of this legendary band, when Eagle Rock Entertainment releases History, Hits, & Highlights, a special 2DVD set.

      A vivid compilation of rare and unreleased material, live performances, archival interviews and studio/television footage, History, Hits & Highlights chronicles the years 1968-1976 when the band survived four line-up changes and produced such classic albums as In Rock, Fireball, Burn, and Machine Head. It was at this time that essential tracks like 'Hush', 'Speed King', 'Black Night', and, of course, 'Smoke On The Water', were produced. These solid rock staples, plus many more, are prominently displayed on this set. As a bonus, a photo gallery is included on the second disc.

      Hot on the heels of front man IAN GILLAN’s new CD One Eye To Morocco, this 2DVD set is a revealing look at the band. It also follows a grand tradition of great Deep Purple releases from Eagle Rock, such as Around The World Live 5DVD set (June 2008), and They All Came Down To Montreux DVD (June 2007).

      Tracklisting:

      Disc 1:
      History - 20 minute history of Deep Purple from 1968 to 1976

      Hits - full performances:

      Mark One Line-Up (March 1968 - July 1969) - Ritchie Blackmore (guitar), Rod Evans (vocals), Jon Lord (keyboard), Ian Paice (drums), Nick Simper (bass)
      1.) 'Help'
      2.) 'Hush'
      3.) 'Wring That Neck'

      Mark Two Line-Up (July 1969-June 1973) - Ritchie Blackmore (guitar), Ian Gillan (vocals), Roger Glover (bass), Jon Lord (keyboard), Ian Paice (drums)
      4.) 'Hallelujah'
      5.) 'Mandrake Root'
      6.) 'Speed King'
      7.) 'Black Night'
      8.) 'Child In Time'
      9.) 'Lazy'
      10.) 'Strange Kind Of Woman'
      11.) Fireball Writing Session
      12.) 'Fireball'
      13.) 'Demon’s Eyes'
      14.) 'No No No'
      15.) 'Into The Fire'
      16.) 'Never Before'
      17.) 'Highway Star'
      18.) 'Smoke On The Water'

      Mark Three Line-Up (July 1973-1975) - Ritchie Blackmore (guitar), David Coverdale (vocals), Glenn Hughes (bass/vocals), Jon Lord (keyboards), Ian Paice (drums)
      19.) 'Burn'
      20.) 'Mistreated'

      Mark Four Line-Up (June 1975-March 1976) - Tommy Bolin (guitar), David Coverdale (vocals), Glenn Hughes (bass/vocals), Jon Lord (keyboards), Ian Paice (drums)
      21.) 'Love Child'
      22.) 'You Keep On Moving'

      Disc 2:
      Highlights - bonus performances and interviews

      Mark One Line-Up
      1.) 'And The Address' (Playboy TV)

      Mark Two Line-Up
      2.) 'Wring That Neck' (Bilzen Jazz Festival 1969)
      4.) 'Wring That Neck' (“Pop Deux” Paris Concert 1970)
      3.) 'Mandrake Root' (“Pop Deux” Paris Concert 1970)
      5.) 'Black Night' (Promo Clip)
      6.) 'No No No' (Take 1 - Rockpalast Rehearsal Session)
      7.) 'No No No' (Take 2 - Rockpalast Rehearsal Session)

      Mark Three Line-Up
      8.) 'Jt. Nuit' (French TV 1974)
      9.) Leeds Polytechnic Student Project 1974 - featuring 'Burn'/'Space Truckin’'

      Mark Four Line-Up
      10.) New Zealand TV Documentary (November 1975)
      11.) 'Smoke On The Water' (New Zealand TV)
      12.) Tony Edwards (Deep Purple’s manager) - French TV Interview 1976

      Robert Gray of Ultimate-Guitar.com recently conducted an interview with HEAVEN & HELL / BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi as part of a series entitled "Hit The Lights." Topics of discussion included the HEAVEN & HELL album "The Devil You Know", working at Rockfield Studios, reuniting with Ronnie James Dio, and what has prevented the recording of a new BLACK SABBATH album with Ozzy Osbourne. Several excerpts from the interview follow below:

      On how "The Devil You Know" came to fruition:

      "We toured Japan as part of our last trek, and went out for dinner. We began chatting, and had a few drinks. Someone said, 'Does anybody fancy writing a new album?' and everyone replied, 'Yeah, that's an idea. Why don't we do that?' Really, that's how 'The Devil You Know' started."

      On how things developed following initial writing sessions for "The Devil You Know":

      "We just wrote some material at my studio — 'Breaking Into Heaven' was the first track we wrote, I think. I just then continued to write some riffs and gather some ideas, placing them onto a CD. The other members did the same. We agreed to meet up in Los Angeles, due to the simple reason that Geezer, Ronnie and Vinny are all based in Los Angeles. It made more sense for me to travel to Los Angeles, as opposed to everyone travelling to England. I travelled to Los Angeles, and we then just all presented our ideas. We listened to all our ideas in a room, and said, 'Yeah, let's work on this idea.' When we finished writing 'The Devil You Know' in Los Angeles, we went into a pre-production stage where we played everything live, and just kept on playing that material until we got used to playing each song. When we went to Wales, we could just enter the studio, and play those songs. We didn't have to play those songs five to six times, as we knew them, and
      could play them within the first two takes. That was the great thing about recording 'The Devil You Know'."

      On "The Devil You Know" featuring many mid-paced tracks:

      "Yeah, we did write a few mid-paced tracks. If you listen back to a lot of our material, you'll realize that it's very similarly mid-paced. Not everything we've written has been fast, though I think people seem to think that we always write fast tracks. We don't. We might include two to three quick tracks on an album, but that's usually about it. We've never written a whole album with solely fast material. We always wrote a selection of slow and fast songs, and that's really what we did in writing 'The Devil You Know''s tracks. We wrote two to three fast songs, while the the rest are mid-tempo. We could write an album of fast songs, but what we do is write material that we like at the time."

      On what has prevented a new BLACK SABBATH album being recorded with Ozzy Osbourne:

      "Really, one of the problems was communication, and being able to get down to work onto a new album. Ozzy had all these ongoing MTV projects, and various other projects. If you're going to record an album, you've got to channel all your concentration into that. You can't spend a day recording an album, spend another day handling a TV project, and spend another day conducting interviews. You've got to move onwards, and record an album. You have to channel your mind into recording that album, and become involved in making that album. You have to give a hundred percent commitment. Otherwise, it isn't worth making an album."

      On bassist Geezer Butler stating that scrapped BLACK SABBATH material resembled Ozzy Osbourne's solo material:

      "That's possible, though I can't remember. Ozzy has recorded a lot of solo material, and one of the problems with him is the fact that he tends to combine his solo career into what we're up to. We don't want our sound to be the same as his solo material. Sometimes he treated BLACK SABBATH like that, and we're not that type of group."

      On whether HEAVEN & HELL will perform all of the tracks from "Heaven and Hell" during 2010 to celebrate its thirtieth anniversary:

      "We might perform all of 'Heaven and Hell''s tracks live. To be honest, time creeps up on you so quickly that you forget how long it's been. The first SABBATH album was released nearly forty years ago."

      In one of the most revealing and candid musician-to-musician interviews ever recorded, Face To Face host RICK WAKEMAN holds court with his longtime friend, the guitar icon TONY IOMMI, who is best known as the founding member of pioneering heavy metal band BLACK SABBATH.

      Although it was over 30 years ago when Wakeman was asked to contribute his keyboard skills on Black Sabbath’s legendary Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath album, the pair reminisce with ease, as Rick gathers the evidence on why Tony Iommi is widely recognized as one of the most important and influential guitarists in rock music. He is, after all, considered to be the man who, more or less, single handedly invented the heavy metal riff."

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P06V72-MiPs&feature=player_embedded

      BLACK LABEL SOCIETY guitarist ZAKK WYLDE spoke with Gibson.com recently about a number of topics, including his thoughts on being with OZZY OSBOURNE for 22 years. An excerpt follows:

      “The fact that I do dishes, I do laundry, I feed the dogs, I clean toilets … it’s those unique qualities that set me apart from Ozzy. When I do laundry, my whites are whiter than anybody elses. That’s what Ozzy sees in me.

      I gotta be honest. We’re both goofballs. He’s the greatest. He doesn’t take any of this shit seriously, either. Making great records and putting on great shows — we take that seriously. But to buy into your own ‘Prince of Darkness’ bullshit and all that, you’ve gotta be an idiot.

      God bless Kurt Cobain (NIRVANA), but he made only two records. LED ZEPPELIN was only around for 10 years or so. Ozzy’s been making recordings since 1968 and he’s still around doing it. Something’s gotta be said for that. He’s not just a guy on a sprint.”

      AC/DC have added an August 14th date to their North American Black Ice tour schedule. The show will take place at United Center with tickets scheduled to go on sale on June 6th at 10 AM.

      Upcoming AC/DC North American dates include:

      July
      28 - Foxborough, MA - Gillette Stadium
      31 - E. Rutherford, NJ - Giants Stadium

      August
      2 - Albany, NY - Times Union Center
      6 - Moncton, NB - Magnetic Hill Music Festival
      8 - Montreal, QC - Olympic Stadium
      10 - Ottawa, ON - Scotiabank Place
      14 - Chicago, IL - United Center
      16 - Detroit, MI - Palace of Auburn Hills
      18 - Grand Rapids, MI - Van Andel Arena
      22 - Winnipeg, MB - Canad Inns Stadium
      24 - Regina, SK - Mosaic Stadium - Taylor Field
      26 - Edmonton, AB - Commonwealth Stadium
      29 - Vancouver, BC - BC Place
      30 - Tacoma, WA - Tacoma Dome

      September
      2 - San Jose, CA - HP Pavillion
      6 - San Diego, CA - Sports Arena
      8 - Anaheim, CA - Honda Center

      Metal God Entertainment and Rob Halford have announced the launch of Metal God Records — a new music label providing global physical and digital distribution services for the world's rock and metal performers.

      "It's been a long desire of mine to be a co-owner and participate in the operation of a label focused on supporting the rock and metal communities," explains Rob Halford. "The infrastructure we have been assembling at Metal God Entertainment now allows myself and other artists to benefit from Metal God Records global physical and digital distribution networks, promotion and marketing services, apparel products and a broad range of Artist & Repertoire services."

      Metal God Entertainment and Rob Halford are also pleased to announce several new strategic relationships aligned with Metal God Records beginning with ADA Global / Warner Music Group for the world excluding Japan; which is under license with Sony Music Japan; Canada operating under license with Conveyor / Universal Music Canada and beginning July 2009 in the USA Metal God Records is pleased to begin a new relationship with Fontana / Universal Music Group.

      Metal God Records will debut HALFORD "Crucible World Tour - Live In Anaheim" DVD and Blu-ray this fall.

      Rob Halford will appear in Los Angeles, CA at the E-3 Electronic Entertainment Expo June 2-3. He will also be in San Diego, California at the NARM (National Association of Recording Merchandisers) convention on June 7, 2009.

      For more information, visit www.MetalGodRecords.com.

      METALLICA have issued the following update:

      "There's been a little chatter here and there about us filming a few shows this summer for potential release on DVD and among the countless internet rumors, these ones are actually true! We thought it would be cool to document a few shows that are unique and sure to be extra memorable for us, and hopefully for you too . . . first up are the three sold out shows in Mexico City, Mexico at Foro Sol on June 4, 6, 7 and later this summer, we also plan to have the cameras rolling at the sold out show in Nimes, France at Arenes de Nimes, the historic Roman amphitheatre where we'll be on July 7.

      For any Metallica friends going to these shows, bring your war faces and don't be scared of the cameras!!

      As usual, more to come..."

      MEGADETH frontman Dave Mustaine has checked in with the following update:

      "Droogies!

      Wow, the last week has just slipped right past me and here we are getting ready to start mixing, mastering (no worries here), and sequencing the record. We have all of the 12 songs done and ready to be revealed soon.

      I am also going to start doing interviews for the new record and of course the upcoming Megadeth and SLAYER dates in Canada. Let me assure you though, the interviews may be really short, because if I get asked anything antagonistic or I am told, 'Someone said this and someone said that,' it will be over. I don't care.

      I am honestly looking forward to these dates, and hopefully more than just breaking the ice and doing four concerts with some old friends. I currently have the flu so this is going to be short.

      I love you all and thanks for checking in on me here, and at TheLIVELine."

      MSGD!

      Dates for the Megadeth / SLAYER co-bill are as follows:

      June
      24 - GM Place - Vancouver, BC
      26 - Rexall - Edmonton, AB
      27 - Saddledome - Calgary, AB
      29 - MTS Centre - Winnipeg, MB

      Therockradio.com is reporting:

      Apart from a brief set of summer dates with BAD COMPANY, PAUL RODGERS says that he plans on spending the rest of 2009 at home and concentrating on writing. With his work with QUEEN now put on ice, Rodgers wants to spend the duration of the year relaxing and working on solo material: "Frankly, I have a fantastic happy home (laughs) and I overlook the lake. And I actually want to spend some more time creating the music. Y'know, one of my dreams was always to have a piano - a room with a piano overlooking the ocean or a lake. Well, I have that and I'd like to spend some time on it if I may, please. So that's what I plan to do this year."

      "Play My Game", the first solo album from powerhouse American heavy metal
      vocalist Tim "Ripper" Owens (YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, BEYOND FEAR, ex-JUDAS PRIEST,
      ICED EARTH), sold around 800 copies in the United States in its first week of
      release, according to Nielsen SoundScan. (Note: Internet/digital sales **ARE**
      included in the SoundScan totals.) The CD landed at position No. 66 on the Top
      New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by
      new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top
      100 of The Billboard 200.

      "Play My Game" was released via SPV/Steamhammer. The offering consists of around
      a dozen brand-new tracks that Owens composed himself or together with renowned
      friends, such as Bob Kulick, Chris Caffery (SAVATAGE, TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA),
      Mike Callahan (ex-EARSHOT) and John Comprix (BEYOND FEAR, RINGWORM).

      The list of guest musicians featured on Owens' solo debut is even more
      spectacular:

      Guitar:

      Bob Kulick
      Bruce Kulick (GRAND FUNK RAILROAD, ex-KISS)
      Carlos Cavazo (RATT, ex-QUIET RIOT)
      Craig Goldy (DIO)
      Zeil Zaza
      Chris Caffery (SAVATAGE, TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA)
      Mike Callahan (ex-EARSHOT)
      John Comprix (BEYOND FEAR, RINGWORM)
      Doug Aldrich (WHITESNAKE)
      Michael Wilton (QUEENSRŸCHE)
      Jeff Loomis (NEVERMORE)
      Steve Stevens (BILLY IDOL)

      Bass:

      Marco Mendoza (ex-WHITESNAKE)
      Billy Sheehan (MR BIG, ex-DAVID LEE ROTH)
      Dave Ellefson (ex-MEGADETH)
      Rudy Sarzo (DIO, ex-OZZY OSBOURNE, QUIET RIOT)
      James Lomenzo (MEGADETH)
      Tony Franklin (ex-BLUE MURDER)
      Dennis Hayes (BEYOND FEAR)

      Drums:

      Simon Wright (DIO, ex-AC/DC)
      Vinny Appice (HEAVEN AND HELL, BLACK SABBATH, DIO)
      Ray Luzier (KORN, DAVID LEE ROTH)
      Bobby Jarzombek (SEBASTIAN BACH, RIOT, HALFORD)
      Brett Chassen

      Fans and experts alike will love this sensational all-star lineup and may rest
      assured that the haunting songs will effortlessly live up to this illustrious
      cast of musicians: Tim "Ripper" Owens has never sounded more impressive, melodic
      and multi-faceted!

      "I've gotten better as a songwriter," Owens explains. "And I also write songs
      that the fans can really get into and get their fist pounding in the air. I've
      always been a great fan of the BLACK SABBATH lineup featuring Ronnie James Dio,
      and I love JUDAS PRIEST. Both bands delivered records that are straightforward
      and go directly to the bloodstream — which also happens to be my compositional
      approach."

      "Play My Game" track listing and individual song credits:

      * 01. Starting Over

      Written by: Tim Owens, Bob Kulick

      Guitar - Bob Kulick
      Bass - Rudy Sarzo
      Drums - Simon Wright

      * 02. Believe

      Written by: Tim Owens

      Guitar - John Comprix
      Bass - Rudy Sarzo
      Drums - Simon Wright
      Lead Guitar - Craig Goldy

      * 03. The Cover Up

      Written by: Tim Owens

      Guitar - John Comprix
      Bass - James Lomenzo
      Drums - Brett Chassen
      Lead Guitar - Jeff Loomis

      * 04. Pick Yourself Up

      Written by: Tim Owens, Mike Callahan

      Guitar - Mike Callahan/Bob Kulick
      Bass - Dennis Hayes
      Drums - Ray Luzier
      Lead Guitar - Steve Stevens

      * 05. It Is Me

      Written by: Tim Owens

      Guitar - John Comprix
      Bass - Rudy Sarzo
      Drums - Simon Wright
      Lead Guitar - Carlos Cavazo

      * 06. No Good Goodbyes

      Written by: Tim Owens, Bob Kulick, Brett Chassen

      Guitar - Bob Kulick
      Bass - Billy Sheehan
      Drums - Brett Chassen
      Lead Guitar - Bruce Kulick

      * 07. The World Is Blind

      Written by: Tim Owens

      Guitar - John Comprix
      Bass - Billy Sheehan
      Drums - Simon Wright
      Lead Guitar - Doug Aldrich

      * 08. To Live Again

      Written by: Tim Owens

      Guitar - Michael Wilton/Bob Kulick
      Bass - David Ellefson
      Drums - Simon Wright
      Lead Guitar - Michael Wilton

      * 09. The Light

      Written by: Tim Owens, Bob Kulick

      Guitar - Bob Kulick
      Bass - Tony Franklin
      Drums - Bobby Jarzombek

      * 10. Play My Game

      Written by: Tim Owens, John Comprix

      Guitar - John Comprix
      Bass - Rudy Sarzo
      Drums - Simon Wright
      Lead Guitar - Neil Zaza

      * 11. Death Race

      Written by: Tim Owens, John Comprix

      Guitar - John Comprix
      Bass - James Lomenzo
      Drums - Brett Chassen

      * 12. The Shadows Are Alive

      Written by: Tim Owens, Chris Caffery

      Guitar - Chris Caffery
      Bass - Marco Mendoza
      Drums - Simon Wright

      * 13. A Challenge (bonus track; iTunes exclusive)

      Written by: Tim Owens, Bob Kulick

      Guitar - Bob Kulick
      Bass - Rudy Sarzo
      Drums - Vinny Appice

      Tim "Ripper" Owens has revealed the backing band that will accompany him for his
      upcoming summer tour in support of "Play My Game". The group will consist of the
      following musicians:

      Tim "Ripper" Owens - Vocals
      Chris Caffery (SAVATAGE, TRANS-SIBERIAN ORHCESTRA) - Guitar
      John Comprix (BEYOND FEAR, RINGWORM) - Guitar
      David Ellefson (MEGADETH, F5) - Bass
      Simon Wright (AC/DC, DIO) - Drums

      BraveWords.com has received the following press release:

      Legendary band KISS made headlines last month when they announced their US and Canadian tour will be the world's first to put fans in charge of where a tour is routed. Now, KISS is adding even more excitement to their tour as they announce the selection of BUCKCHERRY as the opening act for all dates. This is destined to be the most explosive show of the year; and by partnering with web site Eventful, fans will "Demand" exactly where KISS will perform in top-voted North American markets beginning this September.

      Buckcherry fans can now join the hundreds of thousands of KISS fans that have voted to date at eventful.com/KISS. They have just six more weeks - until voting ends on June 30th - to "Demand" what cities they want to see the tour hit. No matter where the fans say - "from stadiums to cornfields" - if there are enough votes, the KISS tour will be there! And in order to keep the competition fair for smaller cities, final site selection will weigh population size versus total votes. More than 8,000 cities and towns are already represented on the fan-submitted list.

      Just for voting for their town, all KISS and Buckcherry fans will have the opportunity to purchase pre-sale tickets prior to the general on-sale, and will also receive KISS merchandise discounts and more. In addition to joining in on the major campaigns launched by rock radio in each city, fans are also incentivized to create their own viral videos online, motivating their fellow residents to participate in casting votes for a KISS show in their city. City-specific "best-of" compilation reels of these videos will be shown on jumbo screens at venues before each concert.

      In conjunction with joining the tour, Buckcherry will run a "Talk To Me" promotion to support their latest single. Fans can call the Buckcherry hotline at 213-784-4536, and enter by leaving the band a message and voting on the Eventful widget on the band's website.

      Fans all over North America can enter. Josh Todd or Keith Nelson from Buckcherry will call one winner in each of the chosen markets to tell them that the band is coming to their city with KISS, and that they have won the first pair of tickets to the show in their town. The contest ends June 30th at 11:59 PM (EST).

      KISS just wrapped up an astonishing trek through South America, where fans hailed the band at sold-out stadium shows across the continent. From the Hipodroma la Rinconada in Caracas, Venezuela to the River Plate Stadium in Buenos Aires, Argentina, KISS treated fans to a set of some of rock's greatest hits, including 'Rock and Roll All Nite', 'Detroit Rock City', 'God Gave Rock & Roll To You II', 'Shout It Out Loud' and more. The group's 2009 South American tour also included sold-out dates in Santiago, Chile; Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo, Brazil; Bogota, Columbia; and Lima, Peru.

      An official video announcement by the band's Paul Stanley, Eric Singer, Tommy Thayer and Gene Simmons (see video below), shot in front of a capacity crowd in Santiago, kicked off this first-ever tour promotion. With tens of thousands of their Chilean counterparts cheering in the background, North American fans were astonished to learn that they were being put in charge of routing their favorite band's upcoming tour.

      KISS, which has garnered more than 30 gold and platinum records and sold in excess of 90 million albums worldwide, is currently recording its first new studio album in 11 years. The band will release exciting news about the album, which is being produced by Paul Stanley, at KISSonline.com in June.

      Buckcherry are continuing to tour in support of their fourth album, Black Butterfly, which was named iTunes Rock Album of the Year and has produced three multi-format hits including 'Don't Go Away' and 'Rescue Me'. Multi-platinum, Grammy-nominated Buckcherry inaugurated the "Rescue Me" campaign, in which the band supported child abuse prevention and awareness by raising funds and attention for Childhelp, the leading relief organization and their help line at 1-800-4-A-CHILD.

      Billboard.com has issued the following report from Ray Waddell:

      BUCKCHERRY will support KISS on all dates for the band's upcoming North American tour, Billboard has learned. The tour, which begins in September, made headlines last month when it was announced that KISS had partnered with live music social networking site Eventful to route the tour through the top-voted North American markets as determined by demand on the Eventful website.

      Voting will continue until June 30th and Buckcherry fans are expected to enter the fray.

      According to the KISS camp, more than 8,000 cities and towns are already represented on the fan-submitted list. By voting, fans have the opportunity to purchase pre-sale tickets prior to the general on-sale and will also receive merch discounts and other perks. Fans are also encouraged to create their own viral videos online, motivating their fellow residents to participate in casting votes for a KISS show in their city. City-specific "best-of" compilation reels of these videos will be shown on jumbo screens at venues before each concert.

      Interestingly, the top 10 markets in Eventful's KISS demand, and 15 of the top 20, currently are Canadian cities. "Canada is a great environment for rock ‘n roll, they're rabid for it, they turn out, and they love their rock and roll, so the fact that it's going over well in Canada does not surprise me at all," Buckcherry guitarist Keith Nelson tells Billboard.com.

      NWOBHM pioneers ANGEL WITCH, WITCHFYNDE and DEMON have been confirmed for this year's Hard Rock Hell festival, set to take place December 4-5, 2009 at Pontins in Prestatyn Sands. North Wales, United Kingdom.

      The festival billing is shaping up as follows:

      ANGEL WITCH
      DEMON
      GIRLSCHOOL
      HYDROGYN
      LAUREN HARRIS
      MARYA ROXX
      NEW YORK DOLLS
      QUEENSRŸCHE
      ROCK GODDESS
      SONATA ARTICA
      THE QUIREBOYS
      TERRORVISION
      TIGERTAILZ
      W.A.S.P.
      WITCHFYNDE
      WRATHCHILD

      For more information, go to www.hardrockhell.com.

      A BLABBERMOUTH.NET visitor by the name of Phillip Gregory has submitted the following report:

      Original GUNS N' ROSES drummer Steven Adler is still holding out for a reunion with the band's "Appetite For Destruction" lineup.

      Adler, currently on a drum-clinic tour of Australia presented by Allans Music, answered a number of questions to fans at the Sydney clinic last night (Wednesday, May 27).

      Most queries had to do with Adler's relationship with GN'R frontman Axl Rose and whether Steven is hopeful of a reunion.

      Adler didn't hold back.

      "Axl is being a real selfish prick about it," he said. "Forget about the original band for a second. Axl's not thinking about the fans. The fans want a reunion desperately. It's really sad because we are all still alive and I know there's so many people that want to see us. I hope Axl gets it together soon while the fans still want it."

      Adler praised Axl Rose for his past efforts.

      "Axl is a genius and I still love the guy," he insisted. "Last time we met — about two three years ago — things were great. We shared a $3000 bottle of tequila and things went smooth.

      "I really hope for the fans that we do a reunion tour."

      Adler said he'll return home from Australia later this week where he'll record a track on the upcoming solo album by former GN'R member Slash.

      "I'm so happy that Slash asked me to be on this album and I record with him as soon as I return home," he said. "After that I'm going to hit the recording studio with (ADLER'S APPETITE) to do a new album. We'll be touring the U.S. after that.”

      On his first drum kit:

      "My first drum kit was actually my mother's Tupperware. I couldn't afford drums when I was a kid. I bought my first set of drums off a friend at school."

      On his favorite GUNS N' ROSES song:

      "I'd have to say 'Nightrain'. So much adrenaline rushes through me when I play that."

      On whether he still listens to "Appetite For Destruction":

      "All the time. I can never get sick of that."

      On getting kicked out of GUNS N' ROSES:

      "It was devastating. My dream had been taken away from me. Saddest part was I had their backs; we were a gang. There were so many times when I had their backs. I used to get into fights at bars defending them. We we a gang. I guess the hardest part was Slash not having my back. We were childhood friends and that was the hardest part not having Slash's back when I got kicked out. But my grandfather told me a good piece of advice and that's time heals all wounds. I'm excited to have Slash back as a friend and to be working with him again."

      Los Angeles-based hard rockers RATT have announced the following live dates:

      May
      28 - Wildhorse Saloon - Nashville, TN
      29 - Summer Stage - Big Flats, NY
      30 - M3 Festival - Columbia, MD

      June
      20 - Awesome Biker Nights - Sioux City, IA
      27 - KKGO Radio Field House - Des Moines, IA
      28 - Emerald Theatre - Mt. Clemens, MI
      29 - Black River Coliseum - Poplar Bluff, MO

      July
      10 - Rocklahoma - Pryor, OK
      25 - Toledo Harley Davidson - Toledo, OH

      August
      8 - Clearfield County Fair - Clearfield, PA
      29 - Mohegan Sun Casino Wolf Den - Uncasville, CT

      As previously reported, earlier this month a Ratt insider told BraveWords.com that the band will be doing "select dates" with Boston's EXTREME this summer.

      Ratt will be playing their famed Out Of The Cellar album in full all summer long with the exception of 'Round & Round', which will be the show closer and not in Out Of The Cellar sequence."

      According to the source, "the new album is coming along and kicks ass!"

      Ratt will be celebrating the 25th Anniversary of the release of Out Of The Cellar, July 10th at Rocklahoma, taking place in Pryor, Oklahoma.

      STONE TEMPLE PILOTS/ex-VELVET REVOLVER singer Scott Weiland has told the Las Vegas Review-Journal that STP is working on material for a new album, tentatively due in 2010.

      "We've already got 18 songs written. We'll probably whittle it down to the best 12," he said. "But then there'll be a lot of other songs ready for the next record."

      He added, "We're working with (producer) Don Was. And if he could make records with the (THE ROLLING) STONES and all their shenanigans ... then he can handle STP."

      The upcoming release of PILOTS' sixth studio album and first since 2001's "Shangri-La-Dee-Da" has been complicated by a contractual dispute between Weiland, drummer Eric Kretz and STP's label, Atlantic Records.

      STONE TEMPLE PILOTS were reactivated in 2008 after a six-year layoff, during which time Weiland recorded two albums with VELVET REVOLVER before being dismissed in April 2008.

      Weiland issued a second solo effort, called "Happy In Galoshes", last November and has been touring on his own behind that release.

      Guitarist John 5 (ROB ZOMBIE, ex-MARILYN MANSON) will appear as a guest player at the National Guitar Workshop at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles, California between July 5 and July 10, 2009.

      The National Guitar Workshop is dedicated to bringing the best in music education to guitarists, bassists, keyboardists, drummers and vocalists regardless of style of music or level of ability. The NGW acclaimed faculty and world-renowned guest artists, combined with highly developed courses and supportive learning environment, foster meaningful experiences through performance instruction, jamming and master classes.

      According to Hits Daily Double, the companion web site of music industry tip sheet HITS, the new album from MARILYN MANSON, entitled "The High End Of Low", is on track to sell between 50,000 and 55,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release.

      MARILYN MANSON's previous album, "Eat Me, Drink Me", opened with 88,000 units to debut at position No. 8 on The Billboard 200 chart. This marked a significant drop from the 118,000 first-week tally registered by its predecessor, "The Golden Age Of Grotesque", which landed at No. 1 on The Billboard 200 chart back in May 2003.

      "The High End Of Low" is Manson's first album with longtime bassist Twiggy Ramirez since 2000's "Holy Wood".

      The official track listing for "The High End Of Low" is as follows:

      01. Devour
      02. Pretty As A Swastika
      03. Leave A Scar
      04. Four Rusted Horses
      05. Arma-Goddamn-Motherfuckin'-Geddon
      06. Blank And White
      07. Running To The Edge Of The World
      08. I Want To Kill You Like They Do In The Movies
      09. WOW
      10. Wight Spider
      11. Unkillable Monster
      12. We're From America
      13. I Have To Look Up Just To See Hell
      14. Into The Fire
      15. 15

      Manson told England's Kerrang! magazine about the new effort, "This is not a record that we would leave black and self-titled and mature. This is the experienced record. This album is the 12th-grade guy that has VD and did cocaine in high school, who has been arrested once and the ninth-grade girl wants to fuck him."

      Produced by Manson, Vrenna and Twiggy, "

      The High End Of Low" was recorded in Manson's Hollywood Hills studio and also features the track "I Want to Kill You Like They Do In The Movies". Manson says of the new album, "I think my life definitely ended and began. The record sounds very final, but it's almost optimistic — though that feels like a strange word to use. It's a phoenix from the fire and a redemption resurrection."

      VH1 Classic's "That Metal Show" hosts Eddie Trunk, Jim Florentine, and Don Jamieson will head to this year's Download festival — set to take place June 12-14 at Donington Park, United Kingdom — to give their viewers an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at one of the bigger heavy metal/hard rock events in the world.

      The "Download Festival" special will be aired on VH1 Classic in two parts on Friday, July 17 at 8:00 p.m. The first part will feature a special edition of "That Metal Show" where Jim, Don, and Eddie will deliver exclusive backstage interviews and the second show will feature performances by some of the top headliners of the festival.

      The Download festival continues to take place at Donington Park, which has established itself as the original and "spiritual" home of all things rock since the first Monsters of Rock festival in 1980.

      The benefit of Download festival at Donington Park in its seventh year is that it has enabled festival organizers to confirm some changes to the site layout, improving the festival experience of everyone attending this year. With the Download festival renowned worldwide for its excellent on site facilities and 24-hour entertainment, this year's event will more than ever reflect the recommendations from its fan base to make the festival bigger and better than ever.

      BAPHOMET'S BLOOD, SIGN OF THE JACKAL and WITCHUNTER are among the newly confirmed bands for this year's The Revenge Of True Metal festival, set to take place July 11 at Piazzale Degasperi, Rovereto (TN), Italy. The legendary British power metal mercenaries TANK — featuring Mick Tucker and Cliff Evans on guitar and original TANK drummer Mark Brabbs alongside two new recruits, ex-RAINBOW/YNGWIE MALMSTEEN frontman Doogie White and ex-BRUCE DICKINSON bassist Chris Dale — will headline the event. Admission to the festival is completely free.

      The Revenge Of True Metal festival billing:

      TANK
      BAPHOMET'S BLOOD
      SIGN OF THE JACKAL
      WITCHUNTER
      SACRIFICATOR
      ENDOVEIN
      MADCAPS

      For more information, visit www.myspace.com/revengeoftruemetal.

      Wolfgang Spahr of Billboard.biz reports: SPV Schallplatten Produktion und Vertrieb GmbH in Hanover has declared itself insolvent.

      The managing partner, Manfred Schütz, decided to submit an application to commence insolvency proceedings on May 25 — roughly equivalent to Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. In response to this, on May 27, the District Court of Hanover appointed the attorney Manuel Sack as the provisional insolvency administrator. "Normal business will continue even after the application for insolvency," said Schütz.

      According to Schütz, together with attorney Manuel Sack, the management of SPV GmbH will not only carry on business operations, but also continue working in the areas of production and distribution in the usual way.

      SPV was founded by Manfred Schütz in 1984. The company is considered to be one of the leading international heavy metal labels and includes groups such as TYPE O NEGATIVE, SEPULTURA, SAXON, HELLOWEEN, GAMMA RAY, MOONSPELL, KREATOR, ICED EARTH and MOTÖRHEAD as well as non-metal acts such as JOHN LEE HOOKER.

      ANNIHILATOR leader Jeff Waters comments on breaking news that SPV Records has filed for the USA equivalent to Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection:

      "SPV Records has reportedly submitted an application to commence insolvency proceedings on May 25th. I wish them all the best and they have given us metal fans some great releases for a long time.

      The good news is that I signed a deal with SPV, only a few weeks ago, releasing Annihilator from their contractual commitments to SPV, in return for a Live DVD that we shot last summer in the Czech Republic.

      SPV will be releasing the DVD soon (and it rocks; co-headlining in front of 30,000 metal maniacs!) but Annihilator are now free from the label and negotiating with others to release the new and finished 13th studio release. Updates coming at annihilatormetal.com."

      "16.6: (Before The Devil Knows You're Dead)", the new album from German power metallers PRIMAL FEAR, has entered the official chart in Sweden at position No. 79.

      "16.6: (Before The Devil Knows You're Dead)" was released in Europe on May 22 and will be made available in the U.S. on June 7 via Frontiers Records.

      The track listing is as follows:

      01. Before The Devil Knows You're Dead
      02. Riding The Eagle
      03. Six Times Dead (16.6)
      04. Black Rain
      05. Under The Radar
      06. 5.0 / Torn
      07. Soar
      08. Killbound
      09. No Smoke Without Fire
      10. Night After Night
      11. Smith & Wesson
      12. The Exorcist
      13. Hands Of Time

      Limited edition bonus tracks:

      14. Cry Havoc
      15. Scream
      16. Six Times Dead (16.6) (video)

      Japanese bonus track:

      17. No Smoke Without Fire (remix)

      MASTERPLAN/ex-HELLOWEEN guitarist Roland Grapow will record and mix the new album from Australian melodic power metallers BLACK MAJESTY, tentatively due in early 2010 via Limb Music Products. The drum tracking for the follow-up to "Tomorrowland" will commence in August 2009 at Grapow Studios in Slovakia. Songtitles set to appear on the CD include "Two Hearts", "Wish You Well", "God of War", "Witching Hour" and "Far Beyond".

      BLACK MAJESTY will support former IRON MAIDEN singer Paul Di'Anno on three of his forthcoming Australian shows:

      May 29 - Governor Hindmarsh, Adelaide, Australia
      May 30 - Hifi Bar & Ballroom, Melbourne, Australia
      Jun. 06 - Manning Bar, Sydney, Australia

      BLACK MAJESTY's video for the song "Forever Damned", shot in 2007 at the Benatska Noc Festival in Czech Republic, can be viewed below.

      BLACK MAJESTY supported its last album, "Tomorrowland", with appearances at major heavy metal festivals, including Wacken Open Air in Germany, Masters of Rock in the Czech Republic and Metal Universe in Slovakia.
      German metallers AXXIS will support UFO on June 26 at Halle 101 in Speyer, Germany. AXXIS, which will soon celebrate its 20th anniversary, will preview material from its upcoming studio album, "Utopia", which will be released on August 28 via AFM Records. The CD is currently being mixed by Dennis Ward of PINK CREAM 69 while Derek Gores is working on a great cover design.

      AXXIS last year amicably parted ways with drummer André Hilgers.

      The band's latest album, "Doom of Destiny", was released in Europe in November 2007 via AFM Records.

      FULL FORCE, the new Swedish melodic metal project featuring Mike Andersson (CLOUDSCAPE, SILENT MEMORIAL, PLANET ALLIANCE) on vocals, Stefan Elmgren (HAMMERFALL) on guitar and Magnus Rosén (HAMMERFALL, X-WORLD/5) on bass, has issued the folowing update:

      "Originally we talked about making our drummer official later in 2009, but after discussing this matter lately we decided to make our drummer official already. The drummer in FULL FORCE is no less than legendary YNGWIE MALMSTEEN drummer and current HAMMERFALL drummer Anders Johansson. All of us are very good friends so, that's the main reason for asking Anders to join the band. Anders will continue as the drummer in HAMMERFALL, as usual, and him becoming a drummer in FULL FORCE will not affect HAMMERFALL at all."

      FULL FORCE recently uploaded its first demo sample, "Heart & Soul", to the band's MySpace page.

      According to FULL FORCE's official bio, "Mike and Magnus met for the first time in 2006 during the recordings of the PLANET ALLIANCE album. They became very good friends right away both musically and personally so, since the recording of that album Mike and Magnus have often talked about working more together. Same thing goes with long time friend Stefan Elmgren and Magnus after the departure of the well-known metal band called HAMMERFALL. They also talked often about starting up a new band together, so the course was more or less set in late 2008 when Magnus gave Mike a phone call asking him if he was interested in starting up a new band with him and Stefan. They will also get either a second guitar player or a keyboard player later on. Right now the main focus is writing songs for the album and they have come a long way already. There are already labels interested in signing FULL FORCE but all these details will be announced in appropriate time."

      FULL FORCE, the new Swedish melodic metal project featuring Mike Andersson (CLOUDSCAPE, SILENT MEMORIAL, PLANET ALLIANCE) on vocals, Stefan Elmgren (HAMMERFALL) on guitar, Magnus Rosén (HAMMERFALL, X-WORLD/5) on bass and Anders Johansson (HAMMERFALL, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN) on drums, has issued the folowing update:

      "We can now reveal the fifth and last member to be recruited in FULL FORCE. It is the Swedish guitar maestro Carl-Johan Grimmark. As some of you may know, Carl-Johan is also guitarist in the band NARNIA, and just like Mike and Anders, FULL FORCE will not affect their other bands (CLOUDSCAPE, HAMMERFALL and NARNIA). Nonetheless, FULL FORCE is a real band and not a 'project,' so the ambition is to tour as soon as the album is recorded and released sometime in 2010. All keyboards on the album will most likely be recorded by Mike, Stefan and Carl-Johan."

      DROWNING POOL returned home yesterday (Tuesday, May 26) after playing a private show for the troops at Guantanamo Bay on Memorial Day, May 25. The invitation from the U.S. Navy came two years after the start of the "Soldiers" campaign. Through commitment and perseverance, the band has played over 300 shows and is geared up to release the fourth single from its 2007 CD, "Full Circle".

      "Any time we get the chance to play in front of the troops, it is a great honor and they're always the best crowds," says DROWNING POOL frontman Ryan McCombs. "When we got the call, we were like, 'Hell yeah, let's go rock Guantanamo Bay. It's a once-in-a-lifetime chance and I don't know of many artists that get an invitation like this."

      After two years of supporting "Full Circle", DROWNING POOL will take part in the highly anticipated Crüe Fest 2 tour which stars MÖTLEY CRÜE and features additional support from GODSMACK, THEORY OF A DEADMAN, and introduces CHARM CITY DEVILS. DROWNING POOL will take a break from the studio where they are recording their next studio album in Dallas.

      DROWNING POOL — Ryan McCombs (vocals), CJ Pierce (guitar), Stevie Benton (bass) and Mike Luce (drums) — has overcome its fair share of adversity: tragedy, internal struggles, leaving their major record label and multiple incidents of theft over the last few years.

      Says DROWNING POOL guitarist C.J. Pierce, "We have been through the ups and downs of this business, but stayed true to our goal of bringing kick-ass rock music to our fans around the world. We’ve never given up when we felt down for the count. Now we have Crüe Fest 2 and we are grateful for the opportunity to reach a new audience. It’s pretty unbelievable where are right now."

      Eleven Seven Music President Nikki Sixx (of MÖTLEY CRÜE) remarks, "DROWNING POOL is one of the best survival stories in rock right now. For a band to be on its third album, with their third lead singer and finally reaching the Top 10 with their third single from an album released almost two years ago, is a remarkable feat. I'm excited that DROWNING POOL will have the opportunity to play in front of hundreds of thousands of dedicated rock fans across America as part of Crüe Fest 2 tour this summer."

      LIZZY BORDEN has announced the addition of guitarist Dario Lorina to the group's ranks.

      Lorina is a 19-year-old guitarist who has been making waves in the music industry. At age 16, he was recognized for his passion and what some may call exceptional talent, and began touring with multi-platinum songwriter and WARRANT frontman Jani Lane. During that time Dario strongly created a reputation and name for himself as a player and gained the respect of many, thus giving him the opportunity to play with various notable artists. Dario has been touring consistently throughout the USA and Europe since 2006.

      Commented LIZZY BORDEN singer and namesake: "Dario has played three shows with us so far — Germany, Holland and Hollywood, California — and was magnificent at them all. He fits in so perfectly with us; I just know all the LIZZY BORDEN fans around the world are going to be blown away when they see him play."

      Guitarist Ira Black announced his departure from LIZZY BORDEN in February. The axeman, who previously played with METAL CHURCH, VICIOUS RUMORS and HEATHEN, recently joined PROPHESY, the new U.S./German group featuring vocalist Brian O'Connor (ex-VICIOUS RUMORS) and guitarist Fabian Schwarz (PARADOX, RUNAMOK, THE NEW BLACK).

      Former LIZZY BORDEN guitarist Corey Daum (a.k.a. Corey James) was killed in a car crash on January 24, 2009 in Nashville, Tennessee. He was 39 years old. According to The Tennessean, a Kentucky man was charged with vehicular homicide after police said he drove into a concrete wall, killing Daum.

      Daum was a member of LIZZY BORDEN from 1989 to 1996, although he didn't appear on any of the band's studio albums.

      Another former LIZZY BORDEN guitarist, Alex Nelson, was killed in a head-on collision on May 17, 2004.

      SHADOWS FALL have issued the following update:

      "Ever wonder what exactly goes on in the studio when we’re making a Shad record? We’ll now is your chance! We’re teaming up with MySpace Metal to give you a chance to ask us any question about our recording process that you may have. Just send us your questions in a MySpace message with the subject Shadows Fall In The Studio. Ask us anything you want to know about the recording process or any questions you have about what happens when we are in the studio. We’ll take the best questions and film our answers to them while we are in the studio. The video will then be featured on MySpace Metal. Get your questions in to us no later than June 3rd!"

      Nuclear Blast Records has announced the signing of Finnish goth n' roll legends THE 69 EYES.

      Says the label, "The Eyes have reached the top of an entire genre by now and can surely be seen as the inventors of vampire inspired music also as they made it so successfully popular throughout the 1990s up till now."

      Commented vocalist Jyrki 69: "The situation for The 69 Eyes was great because so many labels showed interest in working with us. We were very happy how Nuclear Blast worked our Goth'N'Roll box set and it is overwhelming to start this next chapter for The 69 Eyes by releasing our new studio album through Nuclear Blast! They're the mightiest metal label there is and we're proud to deliver them such a powerful album. Together we definitely will ROCK THE METAL!!!"

      The brand new album from The 69 Eyes will be released August 28th. Stay tuned for album title, artwork and tracklisting.

      Metal Mind Productions has set a July 6 European release date (August 11 in North America via MVD) for the reissues of three albums from German metallers SINNER — "Judgement Day" (1997), "The Nature of Evil" (1998) and "There Will Be Execution" (2003). The reisues will be digitally remastered using 24-bit technology and released on golden discs. Each digipack title is limited to 1,000 copies.

      "Judgement Day" bonus tracks:

      01. The River Runs Dry
      02. Had Enough

      "The Nature of Evil" bonus tracks:

      01. Calm Before The Storm
      02. Searching For Your Love
      03. Twisted Mind

      "There Will Be Execution" bonus tracks:

      01. Wherever I May Roam
      02. Balls To The Wall
      03. The Truth Is Out There

      San Francisco Bay Area metallers DEATH ANGEL have issued the following statement:

      "As some of you may have already heard, DEATH ANGEL's longtime drummer and original member Andrew Galeon has decided that it is time for him to move on from the band. While we are sad to see him go, we wish him nothing but success. Not only has he been an integral part of DEATH ANGEL from day one, but he's also family and a friend and we will miss him. All the best to you, brother.

      "As for the future of DEATH ANGEL, THE SHOW GOES ON. Old friend and longtime fixture of the Bay Area metal scene, Will Carroll (SCARECROW, OLD GRANDAD, VICIOUS RUMORS, etc.), will be handling the drum duties for the upcoming local shows in June and the Summer Madness Tour in Europe with KATAKLYSM and KEEP OF KALESSIN. Will's been jamming with us for over a month now and is tearing it up! We look forward to hitting the stage with him very soon… We'll be performing songs from 'Frolic' and 'Act III' that we haven’t played live since back in the day so prepare for a dose of some serious old-school thrash!

      "Thank you all for your continued support over the years… See you on the road this summer!"

      Five years after the release of the band's acclaimed comeback album, "The Art Of Dying", and the follow-up effort, "Killing Season", influential Bay Area metallers DEATH ANGEL have just issued a DVD with two full-length concerts filmed in Germany. Entitled "Sonic German Beatdown", the package — which came out on April 17 — includes footage from the 2007 edition of the Rock Hard Festival and a 2008 performance in Adelsheim. As an added bonus, the set includes a live CD.

      Germany's SUIDAKRA have issued the following update:

      "SuidAkrA is going to China! It will be a mini tour in June with three shows in Shenyang, Beijing and Shanghai, which will no doubt prove quite an experience for Chinese fans and the band alike! The trip will hopefully be filmed and documented in a tour diary like that of the US tour. Speaking of which, it was a blast and the guys had loads of fun - thanks to all the fans and friends that came to the shows. SuidAkrA hope to see you again soon!

      SuidAkrA are also pleased to welcome new guitar player Sebastian as a full band member. He's a hell of a nice guy and knows to rip his guitar and vocal cords on stage, plus he's already contributed some backing vocals on the latest record Crógacht.

      Danish extreme metal band PANZERCHRIST has set "Regiment Ragnarok" as the title of its new album, tentatively due before the end of the year. The 10-song CD is being recorded at JBO Sound and will be "true to the brutal black/death style PANZERCHRIST is known for."

      PANZERCHRIST is:

      Michael Enevoldsen: Bass
      Johnny Pump: Vocals
      Rasmus Henriksen: Guitar
      Lasse Bak: Keyboards/Bass
      Morten Løwe Sørensen: Drums

      PANZERCHRIST's last full-length album, "Battalion Beast", was released in August 2006 via Neurotic Records. The band recorded the drums, guitars and bass for "Battalion Beast" at Smart N' Hard studio with Jacob Bredahl (HATESPHERE) during February/March 2006. Vocals and keyboard were recorded by Ziggy at Zigsound. The latter was also responsible for mixing and mastering the album.

      WORLD UNDER BLOOD, the melodic death metal side project featuring CKY guitarist/vocalist Deron Miller alongside Tim Yeung (DIVINE HERESY, VITAL REMAINS, HATE ETERNAL) on drums, Risha Eryavec (DECREPIT BIRTH) on bass, and Luke Jaeger on guitar, has inked a deal with Nuclear Blast Records.

      Some of WORLD UNDER BLOOD's early demo recordings were mixed by guitarist-turned-producer James Murphy (DEATH, TESTAMENT, OBITUARY), who stated about the project, "WORLD UNDER BLOOD bridge a gap between genres that has never been bridged.... a few have tried with mixed results, but this is the first real resounding success of fusing brutal, blasting death metal with a melodic American rock vibe and it opens a door that will turn into a floodgate... I'm very happy to have been picked by Deron to mix this project ... he really pulls it together on this one musically and Tim's performance is stellar as well."

      Deron Miller is widely credited for conceiving the long-awaited DEATH tribute project, "Within The Mind - In Homage To The Musical Legacy Of Chuck Schuldiner", as a means to help James Murphy raise money for his medical bills (Murphy is currently receiving treatment for a massive brain tumor with which he was diagnosed in August 2001).

      The project, which has the blessing of the family of late DEATH mastermind Chuck Schuldiner (who passed away in December 2001 after a battle with pontine glioma, a rare type of brain tumor), has been in the works for the last few years and is expected to feature a number of special guest appearances, including those by members of SLIPKNOT, NEVERMORE, FEAR FACTORY, STATIC-X, and MALEVOLENT CREATION.

      WORLD UNDER BLOOD is:

      * Deron Miller (CKY) - Guitar/Vocals
      * Tim Yeung (DIVINE HERESY, VITAL REMAINS, HATE ETERNAL) - Drums
      * Risha Eryavec (DECREPIT BIRTH) - Bass
      * Luke Jaeger - Guitar

      For more information, visit www.myspace.com/worldunderblood.