Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, Motorhead, Guns N Roses and tons more metal and hard rock news

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2008
      Singer Robert Plant has ruled out reports that he will embark on a LED ZEPPELIN reunion tour next year.

      A statement posted on his web site says: "Contrary to a spate of recent reports, Robert Plant will not be touring or recording with LED ZEPPELIN. Anyone buying tickets online to any such event will be buying bogus tickets."

      Plant said, "It's both frustrating and ridiculous for this story to continue to rear its head when all the musicians that surround the story are keen to get on with their individual projects and move forward. I wish Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham nothing but success with any future projects."

      Last week, The Sun published a report claiming that Plant had finally decided to join the other members — Jason Bonham, John Paul Jones and Jimmy Page — on a full-fledged reunion tour.

      In an August 2008 interview with Jim Johnson and Lynne Woodison of the Detroit rock station 94.7 WCSX, Jason Bonham revealed that he had been meeting up with Jimmy Page and bassist John Paul Jones in recent months and that they'd been "trying to do some new material and writing."

      "I've been over [to England] a couple of times," Bonham said. "I've been working with Jimmy and John Paul and trying to do ... some new material and some writing. I don't know what it will be, but it will be something. At the moment, all I know is I have the great pleasure to go and jam with the two guys and start work on some material. When I get there, I never ask any questions. If I get a phone call to go and play, I enjoy every moment of it. Whatever it ends up as, to ever get a chance to jam with two people like that, it is a phenomenal thing for me. It's my life. It's what I've dreamed about doing."

      He added that was still too early to tell what will become of these "jam" sessions, but admitted that the "possibility of doing something is in the cards. I really felt it was in the cards from the moment we walked offstage at the [LED ZEPPELIN reunion concert at] O2 [in London in December 2007]."

      Robert Plant and bluegrass superstar Alison Krauss are currently touring the USA on the last leg of their "Raising Sand" tour. They played a benefit concert in Oklahoma City for victims of Hurricane Ike last Friday; Austin, Texas last Saturday and tomorrow they play Portland, Oregon before finishing the tour in Saratoga, California on October 5.

      After those dates, Robert has no intention whatsoever of touring with anyone for at least the next two years, according to a statement posted on his web site.

      Legendary drummer Carmine Appice (SLAMM, VANILLA FUDGE, ROD STEWART, OZZY OSBOURNE, TED NUGENT) was recently interviewed by antiMusic.com's Morley Seaver. An excerpt from the chat follows below.

      antiMusic: How did SLAMM come about and how long ago did you start thinking of something like this?

      Carmine: Well, it came about at the beginning of last year. I guess it was in 2005 and 2006, we were doing the original VANILLA FUDGE and it didn't go great. Whenever we get the original band together it never really goes great. I got fed up with all these complaints and everything and I was working with CACTUS also and one of the guys from CACTUS was always complaining about something so I just said, you know, I'm just really sick and tired of hearing these people complaining. It's like, I just want to go out and play and have a good time, you know, not complain. My girlfriend suggested to me, well, if you had the chance to do something that you want to do, what would you do? So I started thinking about it, I said, you know, in 1983 I did a drum show and it was really a lot of fun because it's a lot easier dealing with drummers than it is with full bands of bass players and guitar players and singers, different kinds of egos. Drummers are all the same
      kind of people. They just want to have a good time and play and you know all that. So she said well maybe you should think about doing that. So I started thinking about it. And I basically came up with this concept of mixing up urban stuff with rock drumming and mixing it up with like guitar or an instrument or a melody instrument. At first I thought of a keyboard because you can get a lot more out of a keyboard but then we ended up actually getting a guitar player who can play keyboards. And then, once I had the idea I went on the Internet and researched different kinds of percussion ensembles that are out there and came up with the idea of putting the melody instrument in with the percussion with no bass because the bass just clouds up the bottom end of the bass drums and the big 55 gallon tubs we have.

      antiMusic: VANILLA FUDGE was the prototype for heavy bands, with your drumming setting the course for a generation to come. What was your mindset when starting this band in terms of how you approach the rhythm to these songs?

      Carmine: Well, in those days, it was different from today. There were no p.a. systems, and my style evolved from necessity because I had to flip the sticks backwards. I had to bang on the drums hard which eventually led me to get bigger drums. It's like anything: bigger amp, bigger louder sound. Bigger drums, louder sound. So I ended up getting oversized drums, which ended up becoming a fad. And then I ended up getting John Bonham the drum set that he wanted which was the same as my drum set. It became the LED ZEPPELIN drum set. So indirectly I was involved in creating that LED ZEPPELIN drum set which indirectly helped get the LED ZEPPELIN drum sound. Then I look at even SPINAL TAP, they have the drummer on a riser with two Chinese cymbals and a gong. Those are the two things that I brought. One of the things that I brought was the gong. The other thing was the two Chinas on the boom stand. And the other thing was just the big drum set, the big oversized
      drum set which became sort of the epitome of what the rock drummer was and with all the twirls and everything, it's probably a combination of me and Keith Moon on that one. So I did it out of necessity. And then looking back, and people going "wow, you created a whole new genre of rock playing that's still going on today." And I go, "Yeah, I guess you're right, but I didn't sit down and go, hmmm, I need to create a new genre of rock playing. Let me see how I can do that." You know? And that's usually how things happen. When LED ZEPPELIN first opened for VANILLA FUDGE, John Bonham and Robert Plant were brand new kids. They were green. Nobody knew how big this group was going to be. And that's the way things happen. THE BEATLES when they got together, they never thought they were going to change the world. They just wanted to play music and have fun, you know. But they ended up changing the world.”

      AC/DC has extended its trek across North America by adding sixteen more shows to its Black Ice World Tour. Newly added dates begin on December 20, in Ft. Lauderdale, FL and wrap up on January 31, 2009 in Nashville, TN. The tour kicks off on October 28, 2008 in Wilkes-Barre, PA.

      Tickets for the Houston, Ft. Lauderdale, Tampa, and Cleveland concerts go on sale October 4 at 10:00 a.m. Tickets for the Toronto concert go on sale October 10 at 10:00 a.m. Tickets for the Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, St. Louis, Omaha, Fargo, Minneapolis, Kansas City, Dallas, Tulsa, and Nashville concerts go on sale October 11 at 10:00 a.m. Tickets for the Little Rock and Memphis concerts go on sale October 18 at 10:00 a.m.

      18 Black Ice World Tour concerts sold out in record time when tickets went on sale for the initial round of on-sales, with shows being added in Chicago, Los Angeles, and Oakland due to unprecedented fan demand.

      Here are AC/DC's new tour dates:

      Dec. 20 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL - Bank Atlantic Center
      Dec. 21 - Tampa, FL - St. Pete Times Forum
      Jan. 05 - Cleveland, OH - Quicken Loans Arena
      Jan. 07 - Pittsburgh, PA - Mellon Arena
      Jan. 09 - Toronto, ONT - Rogers Centre
      Jan. 11 - Cincinnati, OH - U.S. Bank Arena
      Jan. 13 - St. Louis, MO - Scottrade Center
      Jan. 15 - Omaha, NE - Qwest Center
      Jan. 17 - Fargo, ND - Fargodome
      Jan. 19 - Minneapolis, MN - Xcel Energy Center
      Jan. 21 - Kansas City, MO - Sprint Center
      Jan. 23 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center
      Jan. 26 - Tulsa, OK - BOK Center
      Jan. 28 - Little Rock, AR - Alltel Arena
      Jan. 30 - Memphis, TN - FedEx Forum
      Jan. 31 - Nashville, TN - Sommet Center

      JUDAS PRIEST, MEGADETH and TESTAMENT will team up for the "Priest Feast" tour of the UK in February 2009. Pre-sales go on sale at 9:00 a.m. UK time on Wednesday, October 1 to all MegaFanClub members and registered Live Nation members. Public on sales go on sale this Friday, October 3 at 9:00 a.m. UK time.

      The dates are as follows:

      Feb. 13 - Sheffield, UK - Sheffield Arena
      Feb. 14 - Birmingham, UK - NEC
      Feb. 16 - Glasgow, UK - SECC Hall 4
      Feb. 17 - Manchester, UK - Manchester Arena
      Feb. 18 - Nottingham, UK - Nottingham Arena
      Feb. 20 - Cardiff, UK - Cardiff Arena
      Feb. 21 - London, UK - Wembley Arena

      JUDAS PRIEST's new double-disc concept album, "Nostradamus", has sold more than 90,000 copies in the United States since its June 17 release, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The CD shifted 42,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 11 on The Billboard 200 chart. This marks the band's highest-ever chart position in the U.S. In Canada, the CD opened at position No. 9 after shifting close to 4,000 units.

      According to a posting on MEGADETH's web site, acclaimed British record producer/engineer Andy Sneap (MACHINE HEAD, NEVERMORE, EXODUS, ARCH ENEMY) arrived Sunday night (September 28) to meet up with MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine and the crew at the band's new studio near San Diego, California. The studio is being custom-built to record the next MEGADETH album and more. Over the next few days Andy will be tweaking and mixing the new MEGADETH live DVD which was recorded in San Diego during the last tour, and will soon be seen on HDNet TV.

      Sneap produced MEGADETH's last album, "United Abominations", which came out in May 2007 via Roadrunner Records.

      MEGADETH's forthcoming CD will be the group's first with guitarist Chris Broderick (NEVERMORE, JAG PANZER), who replaced Glen Drover (Shawn's brother) at the end of last year.

      TESTAMENT's new album, "The Formation of Damnation", is available on limited-edition green vinyl at www.testamentlegions.com. Supplies are limited to 2,500 copies worldwide, so order your copies today before they sell out! "The Formation of Damnation" limited-edition green vinyl also ships with a bonus poster and band logo patch.

      TESTAMENT just returned from Australia and is preparing to kick off a headlining tour with SOILENT GREEN starting October 1. A tour of Mexico with JUDAS PRIEST will follow in late October.

      Larry Paterson, the drummer of former IRON MAIDEN/WOLFSBANE vocalist Blaze Bayley — whose wife/manager Debbie collapsed at the couple's home in Tamworth, UK on July 6 — has released the following statement:

      "Sadly, I have to let you all know that Blaze's wife Debbie has passed away in hospital this morning. I know that Blaze has always appreciated the massive amount of supportive emails and letters for Debbie and he, and many were passed on to Debbie in hospital.

      "Blaze is understandably not here to write anything so if you don't mind, I would like to write something here about Debbie. I didn't meet Debbie until I auditioned for the band in September 2007. She was always a very genuine person who laughed easily and enjoyed life and she and Blaze were obviously a very strong couple that loved each other totally. I know she was also extremely proud of Blaze, and should have been very proud of herself for helping Blaze 'come back' from what was a dark period for him.

      "When I learned that Debbie — the singer's wife — was the band manager, with no previous experience, I had to admit that I was sceptical. I have seen 'Spinal Tap'... and been in enough bands to know that often a situation like that doesn't work! But I was so very impressed with her. She grabbed the job and ran with it... surpassing everybody's expectations (apart from Blaze's, who knew what she was capable of) with her abilities, proving to be both tough and strong in all aspects of the job and life. She shared the same ups and downs, slept on the same airport floors, spent hours and hours in negotiations and ALWAYS cared about the welfare of 'her boys' before everything else. She was bloody brilliant and I am just glad that we all told her that on several occassions. Debbie was also a very supportive friend whatever personal circumstances were happening, and she was always there when you needed her.

      "On July 5th, we all went to the IRON MAIDEN show at Twickenham and were fortunate enough to be at the aftershow party. Debbie was like a proud mum as Nico [Bermudez, guitar], Dave [Bermudez, bass] and I were buzzing to be in the company of some of our heroes. She looked so happy that my girlfriend took this photo [see below] on her phone and immediately sent it to her. The album was two days away from release and everything going so well. She had been instrumental in turning around the band's fortunes since 2007. The next day she fell ill.

      "Blaze has lost his wife, her family have lost a daughter and sister, the band has lost its manager and we have all lost a very good friend. The world is a poorer place for it."

      Bayley and Debbie got married on February 14, 2007 on the island of Gran Canaria.

      In a May 2008 interview with HeavyMetal.no, Bayley stated, "I had a lot of problems with alcohol, severe depression, almost had a breakdown at the end of [the] 'Tenth Dimension' [album cycle], fucked about by the record company, totally broke, I'd spent all my money of trying to keep the band together. I was absolutely fucked. I was just about keeping going, and then I met my wife. And she'd known me... We've known each other for 18 years. 20 years. We were apart for years, because I follow this passion for music, and Debbie was following her passion, she was a dancer, and then she got her own hair business, and then we met again, when I was at my lowest. My wife found me, and really made me believe again, that it wasn't all my fault, it wasn't the fact that people didn't like what I was doing, it was the fact that they didn't actually know that I was doing anything at all. So that was a big difference. So that's it. She supported it, then I had
      incredible support from my family, my friends, and the fans who stuck by me was just incredible. With that kind of support, and with my wife behind me, helping me sort myself out, [I got] through my drinking problems, depression and all of that."

      Greece's Rockpages.gr recently conducted an interview with Brazilian singer André Matos (ex-ANGRA, SHAAMAN). During the chat, Matos was asked what he thinks life would have been like had he been selected to replace Bruce Dickinson in IRON MAIDEN back in 1994. "Yes… I have already asked myself this question," he replied. "And I thank God I wasn't the 'chosen one'… 'cause I wouldn't be here today. I don't know where I would be. Somewhere else or even nowhere on Earth. It's very important for me, honestly speaking, that it didn't happen. I was not psychologically prepared for such a thing… I wouldn't have the time to 'build' myself. I'm thankful that, due to this, I can walk today as a human being and as a musician."

      METALLICA has been nominated in the "Rock Out" and "Headliner" categories at the 2008 MTV Europe Music Awards, which will be broadcast live from the Liverpool Echo Arena in Liverpool, England on Thursday, November 6.

      Between September 29 and November 2, MTV viewers will be able to vote at www.mtvema.com to decide who will win in each category.

      The nominees in the "Rock Out" and "Headliner" categories are as follows:

      THE CURE

      Rock Out:

      "The range of this year's finalists really does demonstrate the breadth of taste of the MTV audience," says MTV Europe Music Awards executive producer Richard Godfrey.

      "Alongside such superstars as BEYONCÉ, PINK and BRITNEY, MTV viewers have recognized the massive talent of bands such as THE CURE, GREEN DAY and the FOO FIGHTERS as well as new artists KATY PERRY, DUFFY and JONAS BROTHERS."

      MEGADETH drummer Shawn Drover has issued the following update:

      "I am back and once again settled in here at home from last week's trip to San Diego [where MEGADETH is preparing to record its new album]. I got a lot done in a very short time period, so it was time well spent. The new warehouse/recording studio is maybe 2-3 weeks from completion, and it should pretty killer when it is all done. Then we can focus on writing and then recording the next MEGADETH record. Hopefully, this will commence somtime in October, so fingers crossed on that."

      MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine revealed in a recent online posting that acclaimed British producer Andy Sneap (NEVERMORE, EXODUS, ARCH ENEMY, MACHINE HEAD) has been spending time in Southern California "tweak[ing] some last-minute stuff" at Mustaine's new recording studio before returning again at the end of September to helm the recording sessions for the group's new album.

      Sneap produced MEGADETH's last album, "United Abominations", which came out in May 2007 via Roadrunner Records. Mustaine previously stated about working with Andy, "We'd been working with Jeff Balding, who does a great job. But we knew we needed something else to give the material that extra push, so we brought in Andy. It was cool because he isn't like some big rock-star producer. He was just another Joe to me. So we were trading jokes and laughing and it was fun. My sense of humour is pretty close to a British one, so we worked well together. Also, Andy told me I was the reason that he got into playing metal in the first place, which was really flattering."

      MEGADETH's forthcoming album will be the group's first with guitarist Chris Broderick (NEVERMORE, JAG PANZER), who replaced Glen Drover (Shawn's brother) at the end of last year.

      MEGADETH will make a "special announcement" tomorrow (Tuesday, September 30) at 6 a.m. PT / 13:00 GMT via Megadeth.com.

      According to a posting on the band's web site, acclaimed British record producer/engineer Andy Sneap (MACHINE HEAD, NEVERMORE, EXODUS, ARCH ENEMY) arrived last night to meet up with MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine and the crew at the band's new studio near San Diego, California. The studio is being custom-built to record the next MEGADETH album and more. Over the next few days Andy will be tweaking and mixing the new MEGADETH live DVD which was recorded in San Diego during the last tour, and will soon be seen on HDNet TV.

      Sneap produced MEGADETH's last album, "United Abominations", which came out in May 2007 via Roadrunner Records. Mustaine previously stated about working with Andy, "We'd been working with Jeff Balding, who does a great job. But we knew we needed something else to give the material that extra push, so we brought in Andy. It was cool because he isn't like some big rock-star producer. He was just another Joe to me. So we were trading jokes and laughing and it was fun. My sense of humour is pretty close to a British one, so we worked well together. Also, Andy told me I was the reason that he got into playing metal in the first place, which was really flattering."

      MEGADETH's forthcoming album will be the group's first with guitarist Chris Broderick (NEVERMORE, JAG PANZER), who replaced Glen Drover (Shawn's brother) at the end of last year.

      Keith Carmen of Canada's Exclaim! magazine recently conducted an interview with MOTÖRHEAD frontman Lemmy Kilmister. A few excerpts from the chat follow below.

      Exclaim!: What have been your career highs and lows?

      Lemmy: "The high was probably going straight in at number one [for their 1981 live album 'No Sleep 'Til Hammersmith']. The low was probably just after it. You couldn't do another live album to go straight in at number one, could you?"

      Exclaim!: What do you think of when you think of Canada?

      Lemmy: "That large country just above the States and to one side of Russia. Canada's always a great place for us. We've always had a good time up there and people are great."

      Exclaim!: What was the first LP/cassette/CD/eight track you ever bought with your own money?

      Lemmy: "'The Buddy Holly Story' on vinyl."

      Exclaim!: What has been your strangest celebrity encounter?

      Lemmy: "[EAGLES guitarist] Joe Walsh once tapped me on the shoulder in a bar at the CMJ Convention. He said, 'I've wanted to meet you for a long time,' then turned around and walked away from me. Very strange. I never saw him again. But what an incredible introduction, huh?"

      The October issue of Brazil's Rock Brigade magazine features an interview with GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal. An excerpt from the chat follows below.

      Rock Brigade: How was to record "Shackler's Revenge" [the new GUNS N' ROSES song which is featured on the Rock Band 2 soundtrack]? You did the solo (with your fretless), some rhythm in the pre-chorus and the last shredding in the ending, right?

      Thal: If I remember right (barely remember anything more than five minutes ago, haha) it was one of the first songs we worked on. I played all the solos — the fretless solo followed by the fretted solo, the end tapping stuff and the bends over it — also the rhythms throughout the song with all the riffing in them.

      Rock Brigade: What do you think about the song?

      Thal: I like the energy and groove. The vocals really grab ya. I don't think it's what people expect, like tasting somethin' for the first time... it takes a second to take in the info and sort it, then ya gotta taste it again, and ya start getting to know what you're tasting, trying to define it, and figure out if ya like it or not. That's how you know it's something unique, not your standard... chicken dinner.

      According to RollingStone.com, the GUNS N' ROSES "Chinese Democracy" album track "If The World" — a version of which leaked earlier this year — will appear in the upcoming Leonard Dicaprio/Russell Crowe movie "Body of Lies", in theaters October 10. The track features the guitar work of GN'R guitarist Robin Finck, as well as Buckethead, who left the band in 2004. The song plays during the closing credits of the movie, but it won't appear on the soundtrack album.

      According to Billboard.com, Best Buy will be the exclusive retailer for "Chinese Democracy", which is tentatively due on November 25.

      Veteran California rockers FASTER PUSSYCAT will embark on their first-ever tour of Australia in December. Confirmed dates are as follows:

      Dec. 08 - Perth - Club Capitol
      Dec. 10 - Melbourne - The Hi Fi Bar
      Dec. 11 - Sydney - The Metro Theatre
      Dec. 12 - Brisbane - The Arena

      Mick Burgess of Norway's Metal Express Radio recently conducted an interview with former SKID ROW vocalist Sebastian Bach. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

      Metal Express Radio: Do you think it's important in this day and age to be able to offer something extra to the fans to encourage fans to buy the product rather than downloading it?

      Bach: I've sold 22 million SKID ROW records and if the fans don't get [Bach's new solo album] "Angel Down", then it's their loss. It is just as good, if not better than those records, and I should know — I've heard those records a million times and I've heard "Angel Down" a million times and it's right up there with them. If you've spent 15 years listening to "Slave To The Grind" then it's your loss not getting "Angel Down". It's really, really good. All the fans keep telling me it is and the reviews do too.

      Metal Express Radio: "Angel Down" [was] released in the UK on DR2 Records which is linked to Demolition Records. How did you get involved with Demolition?

      Bach: Demolition offered me a record deal at the time when Spitfire was giving me a deal. Both are labels from the UK. Demolition picked up because the people that work at EMI in the UK must be brain dead or something. EMI has the right to put out my record everywhere in the world and they put it out everywhere except the UK. I can't understand why they didn't put it out especially after we'd sold out two nights at Wembley and me and Axl [Rose] did a record together so I'm sure most of them would be interested in getting this so I don't know how many nights you have to sell out before they'll put your record out.

      Metal Express Radio: Do you think being a priority act on a specialist hard rock label is more beneficial to you than being one of many artists on a major label who in many cases don't know how to market rock bands?

      Bach: What label would not want to release the new Axl Rose material?? Forget about me — there's three songs on there with Axl Rose that people will want to hear. That's nuts. EMI's loss is DR2's gain.

      Metal Express Radio: You've always seemed to be a music fan who found himself in a successful rock band and you never seem to have lost your enthusiasm for other bands. Your love of KISS and RUSH, amongst others, is well known. Do you still feel that sense of excitement when you hear some great music that makes you sit up and take notice?

      Bach: I listen to music constantly. My iPod is always on. If I'm in the dressing room before the gig I'll be cranking out heavy metal from HATEBREED, OZZY to MALICE, EZO to ANVIL and MANOWAR's "Battle Hymns"; it's just so heavy, we all love it. In my iPod, I've got HATEBREED next to HELLYEAH next to HANOI ROCKS, so with a little flick of my thumb I can listen to something that was recorded today or something that was recorded 25 years ago. I don't analyze what I listen to, I just listen to what I want. I just love music.

      RHINO BUCKET — the Bon Scott-era AC/DC sound-alike band that recorded two albums for Warner Bros./EMI back in '90 and '92 and an independent album in '94 with former AC/DC drummer Simon Wright — has been confirmed for for the inaugural Rock Gone Wild festival on August 20-23, 2009 in Algona, Iowa. Also scheduled to appear are DANGEROUS TOYS, JUNKYARD, HELIX and SAIGON KICK. Rock Gone Wild marks the only festival appearance for SAIGON KICK — featuring Matt Kramer and Phil Varone — in 2009.

      Rock Gone Wild will feature more than 50 bands on two stages over four days of hard rock and heavy metal. The festival promises four decades of rock n' roll debauchery at its finest!

      Rock Gone Wild artists will chat online exclusively with festival ticket-holders. This exciting interactive experience kicks off in the coming weeks and will continue until August 2009. Fans must purchase a ticket to chat with your favorite musician! Visit www.rockgonewild.com for more information.

      Rock Gone Wild will take place at the Freedom Park festival grounds, located at 2507- 160th Avenue in Algona, Iowa. While Algona is a rural community, the area is close to many hotels and both the Des Moines and Minneapolis airports are easily accessible.

      Both platinum and VIP seating is severely limited. Rock fans from more than 30 states and five countries have already purchased tickets. This means over half of the platinum seating area is already sold - so fans should act fast if they want to get wild in August 2009.

      RATT frontman Stephen Pearcy has announced a new project for 2009, TOP FUEL ALL STARZ. The new CD and touring band will consist of '80s, '90s, 2000 artists. Pearcy says he'll even have a couple influential '70s artists that he admired growing up on the CD, that there will be plenty of class musicians revolving on the tour. The band will perform material from the artists involved and the new music from TOP FUEL ALL STARZ. With songs already written, recording will begin January 2009 with a tour to follow.

      In other news, Pearcy — who is the president and CEO of Top Fuel Records — will again be involved in sponsoring a Top Fuel Dragster 2009 with Top Fuel Records. The new CD and tour will follow the NHRA Drag Racing series thru out the season 2009. The new race team and TFR sponsor association will hopefully be announced at the world finals in Pamona, California in November where Stephen and his RAT BASTARDS will be laying it down at the races.

      Stephen Pearcy recently released his third solo CD, "Under My Skin".

      The organizers of ProgPower USA, is a progressive and power metal festival held annually in the United States since 2001, have announced the lineup for next year's event:

      Friday (exact date to be announced):

      Saturday (exact date to be announced):

      ProgPower USA began in 2001. The first festival was held in Lansing, Illinois, just outside of Chicago, at J.J. Kelley's. The subsequent events have been held in Atlanta, Georgia, at Earthlink Live (formerly and again Center Stage Atlanta). The festival has a wide reputation for high quality and a laid-back atmosphere. Band members frequently socialize with fans, and numerous artists have been known to attend even when not playing, including D.C. Cooper, Matt Smith of THEOCRACY, Jon Oliva of SAVATAGE fame, Lance King, members of EVERGREY, Dustin Mitchell and Curtis Morrell of KATAGORY V, Nick Van Dyke of REDEMPTION, and Urban Breed (BLOODBOUND, ex-TAD MOROSE).

      ProgPower USA continues to reach new fans and artists, because it is a great opportunity for both bands and fans. Many European bands have made their first (or only) North American appearances at the festival. Many fans who cannot (or do not) travel to see those bands in Europe have a unique opportunity to see them closer to home at ProgPower.

      In celebration of the fact that BUCKCHERRY just broke into the ranks of the Top 10 on The Billboard 200 chart wit its latest CD, "Black Butterfly", IGN.com has commemorated the event by posting frontman Josh Todd's Top 10 favorite albums of all time. The list is as follows:

      01. MINOR THREAT - Out Of Step (1984)
      02. AC/DC - Back In Black (1980)
      03. YAZ - Upstairs At Eric's (1982)
      04. PRINCE - Purple Rain (1984)
      05. THE CULT - Electric (1987)
      06. SLIPKNOT - Iowa (2001)
      07. RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE - Rage Against the Machine (1992)
      08. IRON MAIDEN - The Number Of The Beast (1982)
      09. LED ZEPPELIN - Houses Of The Holy (1973)
      10. GUNS N' ROSES - Appetite For Destruction (1987)

      To read Josh's short commentary on each of the 10 selections, go to IGN.com.

      BUCKCHERRY's fourth studio album, titled "Black Butterfly", sold just under 47,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to enter The Billboard 200 chart at position No. 8. The CD follows up 2006's "15", which marked a huge comeback for the band after it was left for dead in 2002. "15" sold more than one million copies and produced several hit singles, with the song "Crazy Bitch" becoming one of the most popular ringtones ever. Although the band is now bigger than it was before its four-year hiatus, singer Josh Todd told The Pulse of Radio their values remain the same. "When we started out, I remember Keith (Nelson, guitarist) and I just saying that we had gotten to a point where just, like, we just wanted to make music that we were excited about," he said. "It was just all about, like, 'Let's just go and enjoy ourselves.' And we still have that philosophy today, you know, like we don't want to overthink it and we don't want to chase
      radio, you know, we just want to make the music that means something to us. And if it's real to us, it's gonna be real to everybody else."

      BUCKCHERRY came onto the scene in 1999 with its self-titled debut album, which went gold. But its 2001 sophomore effort, "Time Bomb", was a sales disappointment, leading Todd and Nelson to put the band on ice until 2005.

      Todd and Nelson are the only original members still in the group. During BUCKCHERRY's hiatus they were involved with an early version of VELVET REVOLVER.

      "Don't Go Away" is the latest single from "Black Butterfly". It follows up "Too Drunk..."

      Rob Mason of Monolith Entertainment Group, the organizers behind the Indianapolis Metal Fest II — scheduled to be held September 26-27, 2008 at the Marquee Convention and Event Center in Indianapolis, Indiana — has released the following statement:

      "Due to issues entirely beyond our control, the Saturday show [September 27] at 5100 W. 38th Street, Indianapolis has been cancelled. More details will be available on our website soon.

      "We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Make-up dates are being considered, and we are certain to file legal action against the parties responsible for this situation.

      "Thanks to all who came out to the show on Friday night — it was a GREAT crowd and the bands were amazing. Though we were unable to give you the show we wanted to give you due to problems and code violations within the venue, I think we all pulled together as best we could and made the Friday night show one hell of a good show.

      "Special thanks to Morgan and Mercedes Lander from KITTIE for being so exceptionally cool. Extra special thanks to Dino Cazares [of DIVINE HERESY] for invaluable advice and support during the show.

      "A major announcement and statement will be made concerning this issue in a day or so."

      The festival, dubbed "the Midwest's fastest-growing celebration of all things metal," was originally scheduled to be held at the Madame C.J. Walker Theatre but the organizers moved the event to the new venue to accommodate the comfort of additional fans to move inside in case of inclement weather.

      Germany's LEAVES' EYES and Denmark's MERCENARY have been added to ARCH ENEMY's December Tyranny Tour 2008. Also scheduled to appear is Sweden's SISTER SIN.

      Commented ARCH ENEMY frontwoman Angela Gossow: "This is a very diverse and exciting lineup we got together for these shows — a truly special run! Not only is this the first time in our history we tour with other female-fronted bands, but we managed to cross over heavy metal, melodic metal, thrash/death metal and gothic metal in one billing. And MERCENARY's power metal version of 'Burning Angel' (you can find this on the new Century Media release 'Covering 25 Years of Extremes') definitely got stuck in my ears! SISTER SIN is an upcoming, hard-rocking act from Sweden and LEAVES EYES' will clearly be the 'beauty' whilst ARCH ENEMY proudly represents the 'beast'!" Be there when the revolution begins!"

      The dates are as follows:

      Dec. 12 - Uden, Netherlandst @ De Pul
      Dec. 13 - Düsseldorf, Germany @ ISS Dome (DORO 25th Anniversary) *
      Dec. 15 - Pratteln, Switzerland @ Z7
      Dec. 17 - Ludwigsburg, Germany @ Rockfabrik
      Dec. 18 - Aschaffenburg, Germany @ Colos-Saal
      Dec. 19 - Bad Arolsen, Germany @ Outback

      * ARCH ENEMY only

      Finland's Spinefarm Records will release "The Way of the Fist", the debut album from FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH — the Los Angeles-based band featuring ex-W.A.S.P. guitarist Darrell Roberts, former MOTOGRATER vocalist Ivan Moody (Ghost), ex-U.P.O. guitarist Zoltan Bathory, former DEADSETT bassist Matt Snell, and drummer Jeremy Spencer — in Europe in early 2009.

      Headbanger's Blog recently conducted an interview with FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH vocalist Ivan Moody about the success of the group's debut album, "The Way of the Fist", FFDP's love for mixed martial arts fighting, and the emotional and physical scars that have impacted the band's churning, melodic metal. You can stream the interview below.

      FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH's video for the song "The Way Of The Fist", which was helmed by the band's longtime friend, writer/director Sxully Essex (whose bread and butter is working on horror movies), can be viewed below.

      According to Ivan Moody, "'The Way Of The Fist' is not quite a Shakespearian depiction of anger and revenge. This song was more my way of releasing all the pent up aggression I felt against some people who wronged me beyond the point of any kind of forgiveness or mercy."

      FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH has announced a full U.S. headlining tour this fall. They will be joined by IN THIS MOMENT, BURY YOUR DEAD, and ANOTHER BLACK DAY. The tour kicks off September 29 in Colorado Springs, and wraps up December 4 at the House of Blues in San Diego.

      FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH recently released the song "Never Enough" as a free download to fans who have already bought or are now buying the band's debut album, "The Way Of The Fist". The track, which is also the band's new single, was written and recorded during some down time while singer Ivan Moody was recovering from a throat problem.

      "The Way Of The Fist" was re-released on May 3 with "Never Enough" and two additional new tracks included.

      Wolverhampton, UK rockers EDEN have been confirmed for the Z Rock 09 festival, set to take place May 29-30, 2009 at JB's in Dudley, England.

      The festival billing is shaping up as follows:

      Friday, May 29:

      WIG WAM

      Saturday, May 30:

      More acts will be announced soon.

      Tickets are available at www.zrecords.net, priced at £42.50 and £25.00. This special discounted early bird offer will run until October 31 when prices will revert to £47.50 and £30.00. They will go on general sale from various outlets at full price from November 1.

      Tomorrow (September 30) marks the official release of the the much-anticipated new IN THIS MOMENT album, "The Dream". The initial reactions to the new effort have been phenomenal and this stellar press campaign is being spearheaded by Revolver, which is featuring Maria Brink (vocals) as the cover feature for its December 2008 issue. This is the publication's Halloween edition, which features Brink like you've never seen her before. The eye-popping cover shot for this issue, which hits stands on October 21, can be viewed below.

      Commented guitarist Chris Howorth: "We just left for the start of our first tour since February and it feels great to get back out on the road. Over the course of the last six months we've recorded our second album, shot a video and spent time with our families and friends, now it's time to get back on the road and play music every night. We have a half dozen headline shows on our way out to meet up with our tour mates FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH and BURY YOUR DEAD in St. Louis, it's like the first day of school when all the bands get together for the first day of a tour, fun stuff. This tour is gonna be great because all the venues are top notch, tickets are selling and we get to see our fans and make new ones, its going to be awesome.

      “We will be playing a big set of new and old songs so everyone can get their fix. Our new album, 'The Dream', is coming out tomorrow and we are super-excited about it. This disc is such a huge step for us, musically we took our sound to the next level focusing on each song individually and making it the best it could be, with a strong emphasis on melody, while still keeping our heavy edge. We felt a really strong chemistry with our producer Kevin Churko, and honestly the whole time making this thing we all had the feeling that we were making something extra special, we were in the moment (no pun intended). We hope our fans like what we've created and can't wait for everyone else to hear it too."

      IN THIS MOMENT's two-month tour with FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH, BURY YOUR DEAD and ANOTHER BLACK DAY, which kicks off on October 4, features the band in the direct-support slot so fans can expect a 45-minute set.

      Reactivated hard rockers KIX have scheduled the following dates:

      Dec. 12 - Dexter's Entertainment Complex - Riverdale, NJ
      Dec. 13 - Club Loaded at The Crazy Donkey - Farmingdale, NY (Long Island)

      According to a source close to the band, "the Friday, December 12 show was originally announced to be in Allentown, Pennsylvania but was moved due to a contract problem and not due to low ticket sales."

      Bring Back Glam! recently reported that KIX will release a new album and DVD. The CD will feature live cuts from a 2007 XM Radio special and performance at Rams Head Live in Baltimore, including such KIX classics as "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah" and "Blow My Fuse" and other songs not found on the 1993 "Live" release. The DVD will contain the 2007 Rams Head Live performance as well as possibly some "vintage video" of the "Hot Wire" recording sessions.

      This new live package will be the first KIX album since the 2002 "Essentials" release. A late 2008 release is expected.

      Four-fifths of the original KIX lineup — frontman Steve Whiteman, guitarists Ronnie Younkins and Brian "Damage" Forsythe and drummer Jimmy "Chocolate" Chalfant — has teamed up a few times a year for the last several years to do KIX reunion shows in its hometown areas of Maryland and Eastern Pennsylvania. It also performed at this year's Rocklahoma festival in Pryor, Oklahoma.

      Original bassist Donnie Purnell is not taking part in the reunion and is being replaced by Steve and Chalfant's FUNNY MONEY bandmate Mark Schenker.

      Originally calling themselves SHOOZE and eventually changing their name to the GENERATORS and ultimately KIX, Baltimore's favorite hard rock band garnered quite a reputation for themselves as one of Maryland's most exciting live cover bands prior to signing to Atlantic Records in 1981. Led by frontman Whiteman and creative mastermind Purnell, the band hit the club circuit six nights a week for three straight years, resulting in the band cultivating a huge local fan base that led to a contract with the Time Warner affiliate. Releasing their self-titled debut in 1981, "Kix" featured live favorites like "Atomic Bombs", the glorious "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah", and "The Kid". To support the release, the quintet set out to hit every club up and down the East Coast.

      GODSMACK, KILLSWITCH ENGAGE, SEVENDUST, BRET MICHAELS, TAPROOT and DROWNING POOL are among the confirmed bands for the Rock The Ink festival, set to take place October 24-26, 2008 at the Dunkin' Donuts Center in Providence, Rhode Island.

      The festival billing is shaping up as follows:

      Friday, October 24:

      Saturday, October 25:

      SLIP-NOT (SLIPKNOT tribute)
      3RD SIDE

      Sunday, October 26:

      For more information, visit www.rocktheink.net.

      According to ARCH ENEMY's French fan club The Dark Enemy Fan Club, ARCH ENEMY will release a new DVD+CD set, "Tyrants Of The Rising Sun: Live In Japan", in Europe on November 7 via Century Media. The package will include the following:

      I. Main Live Show (approx. 95 minutes)

      01. Intro / Blood On Your Hands
      02. Ravenous
      03. Taking Back My Soul
      04. Dead Eyes See No Future
      05. Dark Insanity
      06. The Day You Died
      07. Christopher Solo
      08. Silverwing
      09. Night Falls Fast
      10. Daniel Solo
      11. Burning Angel
      12. Michael Amott Solo (incl. "Intermezzo Liberté")
      13. Dead Bury Their Dead
      14. Vultures
      15. Enemy Within
      16. Snowbound
      17. Shadows And Dust
      18. Nemesis
      19. We Will Rise
      20. Fields Of Desolation / Outro

      II. The Road To Japan (Interviews / Road Movie) (approx. 45 minutes)

      III. Promo Videos

      01. Revolution Begins (Original Version) (4:24)
      02. Revolution Begins (Band Performance Version) (4:14)
      03. I Will Live Again (3:34)

      01. Intro / Blood On Your Hands (5:37)
      02. Ravenous (3:55)
      03. Taking Back My Soul (5:16)
      04. Dead Eyes See No Future (4:22)
      05. Dark Insanity (3:59)
      06. The Day You Died (4:55)
      07. Christopher Solo (2:32)
      08. Silverwing (5:26)
      09. Night Falls Fast (3:37)
      10. Daniel Solo (3:30)

      01. Burning Angel (4:40)
      02. Michael Amott Solo (incl. "Intermezzo Liberté") (3:24)
      03. Dead Bury Their Dead (4:57)
      04. Vultures (6:51)
      05. Enemy Within (4:29)
      06. Snowbound (2:14)