ICED EARTH Confirmed For CHICAGO POWERFEST

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2008
      American power metallers ICED EARTH have been
      confirmed for Chicago Powerfest 2008, set to take
      place on May 1-3 at The Pearl Room in Mokena,
      Illinois. This will be ICED EARTH's very first
      performance since the return of vocalist Matt Barlow.

      ICED EARTH founder Jon Schaffer had the following
      comments about their upcoming performance at the
      Powerfest: "A big hello goes out to all of our friends
      in Chi-town! I'm very happy to announce that ICED
      EARTH will be playing our first gig of '08 and our
      first gig with Matt Barlow back behind the mic at the
      Chicago Powerfest. It's an honor and a privilege that
      our first show re-united with Matt is in Chicago. This
      was the first city to really embrace ICED EARTH back
      in 1997 when we started our U.S. 'campaign.' It was
      also the passion of our Chicago fan base that was a
      big reason for the band moving out of Florida and into
      the Midwest. We LOVE Chicago, we have a lot of friends
      there and many great memories. It's only fitting that
      we kick off the next chapter in the city that's always
      been so important to ICED EARTH and our history. This
      very special night will be a celebration of our past
      as well as a celebration of a bold and bright future
      for ICED EARTH and our fans. We look forward to seeing
      you all there! It's going to be something special,
      guaranteed!"

      Festival organizers CRJ Productions commented: "After
      months of going after ICED EARTH, we're so ecstatic to
      finally make this announcement. With ICED EARTH and
      TESTAMENT both headlining the Powerfest this year, we
      whole-heartedly believe that this will one of the most
      anticipated American festivals of 2008 and we're
      looking forward to seeing the hoard of frenzied metal
      fans enjoying the fest right along side us."

      Also scheduled to appear with are Sweden's DARKANE,
      Germany's SUIDAKRA, Finland's ENSIFERUM and TURISAS,
      Denmark's TYR, Switzerland's ELUVEITIE, Florida's THE
      AUTUMN OFFERING, Chicago's TWELFTH GATE and Italy's
      CHAOSWAVE.

      Tickets for the ICED EARTH headlining show (May 2)
      will go on sale this Saturday, February 2 at all
      Ticketmaster locations and The Pearl Room box office.
      Single-day tickets for the Powerfest kick-off with
      Paganfest show (May 1) and the TESTAMENT headlining
      show (May 3) are available now.

      For more information, visit www.ChicagoPowerfest.com.

      Be a better friend, newshound, and