Re: [Axemaster] A Guitar's sound...

  • Rod Cir
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2006
      From MY personal experience over the last twenty plus
      years playing myself as well as live AND studio mixing
      for various acts, the biggest difference is in the
      equipment used and HOW that equipment is connected ie,
      the order and individual settings of EACH pice of
      equipment. You said that between the cheaper and more
      expensive guitars that there is little difference. The
      best way to determine this is to take two of your
      favorite guitar designs like a Strat compared to a
      vintage Les Paul, there is SO MUCH difference that you
      would be hard pressed to NOT notice it!! The board(s)
      used to play through as well can be a huge factor in
      your individual sound. There are eq's built into EACH
      TRACK of a sound board that can either be used alone
      or in conjunction with an eq pedal. The rest of the
      effects (octavers, chorus or even the multi digi-tech
      units out there) that can make a major impact on the
      sound that you produce. Then there is pick-style for
      your individual playing that changes tonality and
      clarity of your notes. Techniques like palm-muting
      during play can give you more of a 'squealing' sound
      than just up and down strumming... there are way too
      many factors to list, these are just a few rudimentary
      examples of the factors that can and DO make a
      difference for each player... keep pushing your own
      envelop until you hit on what works for you and then
      TURN IT UP!! Hope that helps or at least clears some
      shit up for you... anybody else have any thoughts on

      --- CHRIS ANDREADAKIS <manowarking2001@...>

      Carpe Noctem, Carpe Morta

      Do You Yahoo!?