Iron Maiden, Monster Magnet, Alice in Chains, Pink Cream 69, Monsters of Rock Festival, and tons more

  • Robert 666
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2006
      IRON MAIDEN have announced an extra (third) date at
      the Globen in Stockholm, Sweden on November 25, 2006.
      Tickets go on sale March 2 at 9:00 a.m. CET.

      As previously reported, all 9,000 tickets to IRON
      MAIDEN's November 20, 2006 headlining concert at
      Scandinavium in Gothenburg, Sweden were sold within an
      hour of going on sale Monday morning (Feb. 27). The
      first two shows at Stockholm's Globen (November 17-18,
      2006; capacity believed to be around 14,000 per night)
      were completely sold out within two and a half hours
      of going on sale, according to Aftonbladet.se. The
      band's November 23, 2006 concert at the 8,000-capacity
      Vestlandshallen in Bergen, Norway sold out 20 minutes
      after tickets went on sale this past Saturday (Feb.
      25).

      IRON MAIDEN are currently writing material for their
      new, as-yet-untitled fourteenth studio album which
      will be released later in the year prior to the tour.
      The live show will of course include new album
      material, and will be in full MAIDEN tradition —
      spectacular stage production, sound and lights ...
      and, of course, Eddie!!

      These Scandinavian dates herald the start of MAIDEN's
      new album world tour which will take them around parts
      of Europe through to Christmas — playing selected
      dates in other parts of the world in the New Year.

      MONSTER MAGNET have cancelled their European tour
      after the group's mainman, Dave Wyndorf, was
      hospitalized following a drug overdose.

      "The battle with one's inner demons is the most
      personal fight any of us can undertake," said MONSTER
      MAGNET's manager, Steve Davis of Davis Entertainment
      Group. "The fight is at times a lonely, confusing
      journey. On the evening of February 27, Dave Wyndorf
      suffered a setback in his own fight and was
      hospitalized due to a drug overdose. His full recovery
      is expected. We ask that all those he has encountered
      over the years or simply affected by his music to take
      a moment to think good thoughts of and for him. With
      the grace of God and those who love him we are all
      confident that Dave will rebound from this set back
      and continue to play and make great rock and roll."

      MONSTER MAGNET recently spent time at Sound City and
      Paramount recording studios in Los Angeles recording
      the follow-up to 2004's "Monolithic Baby", tentatively
      due this summer via SPV. The CD is being produced by
      friend and veteran MAGNET producer/mixer Matt Hyde
      ("Powertrip" and "God Says No"). Also planned for
      release are reissues of the band's classic albums
      "Tab" and "Spine of God", featuring new artwork and
      liner notes, as well as bonus tracks, as part of SPV's
      SuPerValue reissue series. A DVD is also in the
      planning for late 2006.

      Two brand-new photos of ALICE IN CHAINS members Jerry
      Cantrell (guitar) Mike Inez (bass) and Sean Kinney
      (drums) rehearsing for their upcoming appearance at
      the taping of an episode of VH1 Classic's "Decades
      Rock Live!" have been posted online at Cantrell's
      official web site (both pictures feature VELVET
      REVOLVER bassist Duff McKagan, who will also be making
      an appearance at the "Decades Rock Live!" taping):
      http://www.jerrycantrell.com/images/gallery/jc_wfriends01.jpg
      http://www.jerrycantrell.com/images/gallery/jc_wfriends02.jpg

      As previously reported, COMES WITH THE FALL
      vocalist/guitarist and member of Jerry Cantrell's
      touring band William DuVall has been tapped to sing
      lead vocals with ALICE IN CHAINS at "Decades Rock
      Live!", a tribute to HEART that will take place March
      10 at the Trump Taj Mahal in Atlantic City. It is not
      presently clear if DuVall will be joining the group on
      any of the other dates that are currently being
      scheduled.

      In a recent interview with MTV.com, Cantrell confirmed
      that "there will be some ALICE IN CHAINS shows this
      year — that's a fact." At this point, the guitarist
      said, all he can really say is that the band is
      active, and that the remaining members of ALICE will
      be taking the stage this summer to perform songs from
      the band's catalog.

      "We're making it up as we go along," Cantrell
      explained to MTV.com. "It's what we always did in the
      past. We're writing the book as we live it. We feel
      confident that we will have a good time and that it's
      something that will live up to the same level. It's an
      exploratory thing, and we're just having fun with it.
      We'd like to go out and play for the people that
      supported us and love the music as much as we have all
      these years. We want to celebrate what we did and the
      memory of our friend." [Referring to late ALICE
      frontman Layne Staley, who died in April 2002 from a
      mixture of heroin and cocaine.]

      Upcoming ALICE IN CHAINS shows:

      Jun. 1-4 - Milan, ITA @ Gods of Metal
      Jun. 2-4 - Nürburgring, GER @ Rock am Ring
      Jun. 2-4 - Nürnberg, GER @ Rock im Park
      Jun. 15-17 - Burgenland, AUT @ Nova Rock

      Frontiers Records has announced that PINK CREAM
      69/ex-ADAGIO frontman David Readman is currently
      completing the writing phase for his solo debut and
      has already laid down 12 drum tracks with producer and
      PINK CREAM 69 colleague Dennis Ward at the helm.
      Songtitles set to appear on the CD include "Evil
      Combination", "New Messiah" and "Over the Ocean".

      David's ex-bandmate Dirk Bruinenberg (ex-ADAGIO) joins
      him on drums, with Paul Logue (CRY HAVOC) featuring on
      bass. Guitars are being handled by David himself.
      "With this record I'm trying to bring in all my great
      musicians I met over the years," explains David,
      adding, "This was something that I had wanted to do
      for many years now, ever since I started singing. I
      had collected songs over the years and finally it came
      the time to get it out there."

      Musically David describes the album as "basically
      melodic rock... with influences of my past projects,
      and of course not so far away from PINK CREAM 69." A
      release date for the effort has not yet been
      announced.

      TED NUGENT, THUNDER and JOURNEY have been confirmed to
      play at the U.K.'s Monsters of Rock festival, set to
      take place June 3 at the Milton Keynes National Bowl.
      Also scheduled to appear are ALICE COOPER and DEEP
      PURPLE.

      Tickets for Monsters of Rock 2006, priced £38.50, are
      available from all usual agents, and via credit card
      on 0870 400 0688. A dedicated coach service hotline
      has also been set up on 0870 166 0430.
      www.getLIVE.co.uk.

      Monsters Of Rock is synonymous with the very cream of
      hard rock and heavy metal. Acts such as AC/DC,
      AEROSMITH, BON JOVI, DEF LEPPARD, DIO, GUNS N' ROSES,
      IRON MAIDEN, KISS, METALLICA, MOTÖRHEAD, OZZY
      OSBOURNE, RAINBOW, STATUS QUO, VAN HALEN, WHITESNAKE
      and ZZ TOP have all graced the Monsters stage over the
      years.

      Monsters Of Rock 2006, promoted by Live Nation, marks
      the welcome return of the Daddy of all one-day heavy
      metal festivals to the rock music calendar. While hard
      rock has never gone away, it has to be said that
      interest in heavy music's glorious heritage has never
      been more intense, with new young rock fans eager to
      check out legendary colourful giants of hard rock and
      heavy metal such as DEEP PURPLE and ALICE COOPER.

      Boston thrashers CANNAE have teamed up with sponsors
      Unrestrained! magazine and Galy Records to headline a
      string of shows throughout Canada. Dubbed the
      "Storming The Border" tour, CANNAE will be joined by
      Canadian bands BLOODSHOTEYE and 3 MILE SCREAM on the
      15-date trek of cities throughout the provinces of
      Ontario and Quebec.

      "We're looking forward to playing Canada again, ever
      since the last time we were there with GOD FORBID and
      SWORN ENEMY," CANNAE drummer Colin Conway says. "It
      was only a short amount of time we spent in the
      western section of Canada, but the shows were nothing
      short of amazing. We have always had a great time
      playing in Canada, and we're hoping that these
      upcoming shows will be no exception in spreading the
      word of CANNAE throughout the Great White North."

      Before crossing the boarder, CANNAE will play with THE
      RED DEATH in Rochester, NY. The conclusion of the
      "Storming The Border" tour will coincide with the
      band's appearance at the third Sherbrooke Metalfest,
      alongside Canadian natives NEURAXIS and BURIED INSIDE.
      CANNAE is continuing to support last year's "Gold
      Becomes Sacrifice" (Prosthetic Records).

      CANNAE tour dates:

      Mar. 16 - Rochester, NY - Penny Arcade

      CANNAE, BLOODSHOTEYE, 3 MILE SCREAM "Storming the
      Border" Canadian Tour 2006:

      Mar. 17 - London, ONT - The Embassy
      Mar. 18 - Windsor, ONT - 1214
      Mar. 19 - Chatham, ONT - Riverplace Banquet Hall
      Mar. 21 - Hamilton, ONT - The Underground
      Mar. 22 - Brampton, ONT - The Raxx
      Mar. 23 - St. Catherines, ONT - The Red Square
      Mar. 24 - Burlington, ONT - Burlington Lions Club
      Mar. 25 - Toronto, ONT - The Hybrid
      Mar. 26 - Sudbury, ONT - Sudbury Arts Council
      Mar. 27 - Peterborough, ONT - The Red Dog Tavern
      Mar. 28 - Trois-Riviere, QC - Rock Cafe Le Stage
      Mar. 29 - Montreal, QC - Club Saphire
      Mar. 30 - Quebec City, QC - L'Arlequin
      Mar. 31 - St. Hyacinthe, QC - Salle Le Louvre
      Apr. 01 - Sherbrooke, QC - 1085 Boulevard Alexandre
      (Sherbrooke Metalfest)

      Paul Gargano of the Hollywood Reporter has issued the
      following report:

      Guitar legend Eddie Van Halen bore witness to an
      eruption like no other Sunday night at the Sunset
      Strip House of Blues, when Atlanta metal veterans
      SEVENDUST had a sold-out, all-ages crowd running with
      the devil as they unchained a 16-song set that lasted
      well past the midnight hour.

      Watching the show from the front row of the balcony,
      the VAN HALEN namesake had to recognize a trick or two
      as the lights dimmed, a curtain dropped and the club
      stage was adorned with ramps that ran behind the drum
      kit and back to the sides of the stage. Tearing into
      the first two tracks from new release "Next",
      guitarists John Connolly and Sonny Mayo paid due
      homage to the icons who came before them, delivering
      the pulverizing riffs that drive "Hero" and "Ugly"
      with a flair seldom seen by today's legions of hard
      rock and metal acts.

      http://mail.yahoo.com