Rob vacation, IOMMI Gets 'Trashed' On New IAN GILLAN Album

  • Robert 666
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2005
      Hey all!
      Today I will be going on vacation and will be gone for
      a few days. In the meantime keep posting and enjoy the
      discussions. I shall be back and I will resume with my
      news posting and getting more discussions for people
      to have.
      Robert

      BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi recently took time
      out of his schedule to record the guitar parts for a
      remake of "Trashed" from BLACK SABBATH's "Born Again"
      album, which featured Ian Gillan (DEEP PURPLE) on
      vocals. The new version of the track will be included
      on Gillan's upcoming album "Gillan's Inn" — a
      celebration of Ian's 40th year on the road featuring
      remakes of tracks spanning Ian's entire career. This
      particular remake is said to be "heavier than the
      original," and also features fellow DEEP PURPLE
      members Ian Paice (drums) and Roger Glover (bass).
      Commented Gillan's manager: "It's a very cool pairing
      of musicians, bringing the rhythm section of PURPLE
      with Tony." Other musicians slated to appear on the
      record include Jon Lord, Don Airey, Steve Morse, Joe
      Satriani, Jeff Healey, Janick Gers, Michael Lee,
      Johnny Rzeznik, Robby Takac, Redd Volkeart and many
      others. The album is currently scheduled for a fall
      2005 release.