3054Hard Rock and Heavy MEtal news

    Sep 4, 2013
      MÖTLEY CRÜE bassist Nikki Sixx has commented on the growing trend by music consumers of purchasing and downloading individual songs through digital outlets rather than experiencing full-length albums as they were intended to be heard by the artists that created them. In a post on his Facebook page, Sixx wrote: "When I was scrounging through record shops as a kid, you usually (unless you just shopped for singles) bought the whole album. I always fell deeper in love with the band because 'ALL' their songs spoke to me. Of course, some jumped out at you right away while others grew on you, but you didn't skip any songs; you would listen from top to bottom over and over again. "When I started making albums, I always believed the WHOLE album was the adventure. Of course, there is the lead single for radio but when did THAT become the whole experience? "I talk to more and more people every day who tell me they only buy singles now. iTunes hasn't helped for that, of course. "We have asked them many times to bundle our album as one download so fans wouldn't cherry pick the hits and miss the hidden gems, but it's not part of their business model. "I love iTunes and buy music almost daily from it, but it still frustrates me. I just wish more people clicked 'BUY ALBUM.' Maybe I am old-fashioned in how I believe music should be listened to, but I refuse to ever buy just a band's single. I always buy the WHOLE album. I encourage you to do the same. "Technology may have changed, but the fact that a band makes a WHOLE album for you hasn't. Dig deep and I promise you, you will fall deeper in love with the artist than you ever could only listening to one song." In a 2011 interview with RollingStone.com, MÖTLEY CRÜE drummer Tommy Lee spoke about not wanting to make albums anymore. He said: "As far as making new music, I'm sure we will. There's nothing official laid out yet. What I meant was just making records to make records doesn't seem like that's got much of a point anymore, when people don't buy records, they buy singles. Why not make more singles more often than these big, long records over two-, three-, four-year spans? Give the fans more music and better music, like doing EPs. I just think that would be a way better thing. Now, making a full-length record, I think, serves a purpose, like, let's say, when [MÖTLEY CRÜE's] 'The Dirt' [movie] finally gets made. I'd say that totally warrants a full record and soundtrack album. But just to make long-playing records now, I don't know. I've lost my appetite for it, and if you look around at the facts, so has the rest of the world."
      http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/motley-crues-nikki-sixx-encourages-fans-to-purchase-full-albums-instead-of-singles/#psYujS20iLFBJyG7.99

      Terrorizer magazine conducted an interview with ANTHRAX singer Joey Belladonna and guitarist Scott Ian on August 11 at the Bloodstock Open Air festival at Catton Hall, Walton-On-Trent, West Midlands, United Kingdom. You can now watch the first part of the chat below. Guitarist Jon Donais (SHADOWS FALL) has been touring with ANTHRAX since Rob Caggiano's departure in January and will continue to play with ANTHRAX for the foreseeable future. Speaking to Metal Hammer editor Alexander Milas for the "Metal Hammer" radio show on TeamRock Radio, ANTHRAX's founding rhythm guitarist Scott Ian stated about the band's current second-guitarist situation: "Jon's been with us since February, and I think I can safely say he's passed the audition… [laughs]. I know we haven't said anything official yet, but in my mind, he's the guy. I'm sure some type of official announcement… because in this world, people apparently need that kind of information so they can sleep well at night. But as far as I'm concerned, Jon is the guitar player in ANTHRAX." Donais previously stated about playing with ANTHRAX: "I grew up on ANTHRAX, they're the thrash scene, they're one of the 'Big Four,' I'd be crazy to not want to play with them. Initially, Rob called and told me he was leaving the band, and asked if I'd be interested in filling in. Then Scott called me and everything fell into place." ANTHRAX drummer Charlie Benante is recovering from surgery for carpal tunnel syndrome. He is expected to rejoin his bandmates on the road on September 13 in San Bernardino, California. ANTHRAX's current touring lineup includes former TESTAMENT/SLAYER and current ANIMETAL USA drummer Jon Dette. Dette previously filled in for Benante on ANTHRAX's European tour last fall as the support act for MOTÖRHEAD and Australia's Soundwave Festival in February/March.
      http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/anthrax-part-one-of-terrorizer-magazine-interview-video/#plB6d7CqRorkboXB.99

      "Horns And Halos", the new album from vocalist, multi-instrumentalist, über-energetic frontman and all-round rock 'n' roll legend Michael Monroe, was certified gold in Finland for sales in excess of 10,000 copies within the first week of the CD's release. Released on August 27 via Spinefarm Records, "Horns And Halos" is the follow-up to the 2011 critically acclaimed "Sensory Overdrive", winner of Classic Rock magazine's "Album Of The Year" and a No. 1 record in Monroe's Finnish homeland. It is a cosmopolitan affair, mixed by Petri Majuri at Seawolf Studios in Finland and written and recorded around the world by Monroe's international posse — bassist Sami Yaffa (HANOI ROCKS, NEW YORK DOLLS), guitarist Steve Conte (NEW YORK DOLLS, COMPANY OF WOLVES), drummer Karl "Rockfist" Rosqvist (CHELSEA SMILES, DANZIG) and Swedish guitar star Dregen (BACKYARD BABIES). Monroe is a frontman whose reputation is genuinely global and whose influence continues to be felt, with musicians of all ages (from Dave Grohl to the original GUNS N' ROSES members) citing his groundbreaking career as a source of inspiration. The album's first single released earlier this spring, "Ballad Of The Lower East Side", is a nod to Michael's early days in New York, a city he moved to for a decade following the mid-'80s breakup of glam-punk pioneers HANOI ROCKS (for which he was the frontman). It also appears on "Horns And Halos". "Horns And Halos" track listing: 01. TNT Diet 02. Ballad Of The Lower East Side 03. Eighteen Angels 04. Saturday Night Special 05. Stained Glass Heart 06. Horns And Halos 07. Child Of The Revolution 08. Soul Surrender 09. Half The Way 10. Ritual 11. Hands Are Tied
      http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/michael-monroes-horns-and-halos-certified-gold-in-finland/#T50sovh5435VtjGl.99

      The new version of STONE TEMPLE PILOTS featuring LINKIN PARK's Chester Bennington held a special rehearsal for its upcoming tour on Sunday, September 1 in Hollywood, California. Around 30 lucky fans were reportedly picked to attend the six-song session, which took place at LINKIN PARK's rehearsal space Third Encore. STONE TEMPLE PILOTS played the following tracks: 01. Sex & Violence 02. Pop's Love Suicide 03. Out Of Time 04. Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart 05. Piece Of Pie 06. Church On Tuesday Video footage of the rehearsal can be seen below. STONE TEMPLE PILOTS will kick off a North American tour on September 4 in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. The opening act on almost all the dates will be FILTER. This will be the first major run of live dates, as well as the first official recording, since STP fired founding vocalist Scott Weiland earlier this year and recruited Bennington to take over. STONE TEMPLE PILOTS will release an EP, "High Rise", on October 8 via 13Star Records. The effort will contain five new tracks: 01. Out Of Time 02. Black Heart 03. Same On The Inside 04. Cry Cry 05. Tomorrow "Out Of Time" reached the No. 1 position on both the Mediabase Active Rock and Mainstream Rock chart last month. According to The Pulse Of Radio, Robert and Dean DeLeo recently revealed why STONE TEMPLE PILOTS parted way with Weiland. In a radio interview, Robert explained that he thinks that you get to a point in your life where your BS meter starts running down to a certain kind of tolerance and that it wasn't just a musical decision, but it was a business decision. Robert added: "It was a quality-of-life decision and that really what it's about. That's where we wanted to be. Chester is a person that's really surrounded by good fortune and that's something you want to be around. It's no longer three guys in a room, trying to make a record or trying to get a tour together — it's four guys in a room." Dean explained that they wanted to be able to fulfill their commitment through the band too. He said: "Robert, Eric [Kretz, drums] and I, we want to be able to come to town and give you everything we've got and it was getting to a point where we were unable to do that." STP fired Weiland in February after reuniting with him in 2010 for a series of tours and one self-titled album. The band had previously been on hiatus since 2002, primarily due to the singer's struggles with drugs and alcohol. The group sued Weiland in May, accusing him of using the band's name to advance his solo career, while claiming that his poor performances, late arrivals, and addiction struggles harmed the band's career. Weiland has countersued, claiming that the band cannot use the STONE TEMPLE PILOTS name without him.
      http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/stone-temple-pilots-featuring-chester-bennington-video-footage-of-hollywood-rehearsal/#yxSv6fvAxrLvllOv.99

      AVENGED SEVENFOLD has scored its first-ever No. 1 U.K. album with its sixth full-length CD, "Hail To The King". The band's previous effort, "Nightmare", peaked at No. 5 in 2010. "It has been a hell of a ride thus far and having our first No. 1 album in the U.K. is a monumental achievement for our fans and us," guitarist Zacky Vengeance tells OfficialCharts.com. "I remember playing the 100 Club to prove to our fans we were willing to start from the ground up again to earn your respect. Thank you for putting heavy metal back on the throne. We look forward to growing old with you." "This is a tremendous achievement, and it's been a long time coming," says Alexander Milas, TeamRock Radio host and editor-in-chief of British music magazine Metal Hammer. "We've watched AVENGED SEVENFOLD's dogged ascent for years, and their tireless efforts have created the kind of fan base that money and clever marketing just can't buy. "Just a few months after BLACK SABBATH themselves hit the top of the official album chart. Tthis is nothing less than a landmark, historic turning point," he adds. "This isn't just a hugely well-deserved triumph for the band though; in an age of market-driven A&R, it's proof positive that rock and metal is here to stay. A long-ignored segment of the record-buying public has spoken. AVENGED SEVENFOLD's victory is a victory for us all." "Hail To The King" is likely to sell between 170,000 and 180,000 copies in the U.S. in its first week of release, according to industry web site Hits Daily Double. The estimate was based on one-day sales reports compiled after the record arrived in stores on Tuesday (August 27). That figure should be good enough to land the group its second straight No. 1 debut. AVENGED SEVENFOLD's fifth album, "Nightmare", opened with 162,500 copies back in August 2010 to land at the top of The Billboard 200 chart.
      http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/avenged-sevenfolds-hail-to-the-king-tops-u-k-chart/#iY4uG7xIT3yQs3vq.99

      KORN singer Jonathan Davis has ruled out the possibility of a reunion with the band's former drummer, David Silveria, saying that the group's current incarnation is "perfect." Silveria was the second member of KORN's original lineup to depart, leaving in late 2006. Guitarist Brian "Head" Welch exited the group in 2005. But while Welch continued as a solo artist until rejoining KORN this year, Silveria retired to Huntington Beach, California and opened a restaurant. During an interview with U.K.'s Metal Hammer magazine, Davis was asked if there I any chance of Silveria coming back to the band. "No," he replied. "I don't wanna say any negative stuff, but where we're at right now is perfect and [current KORN drummer] Ray [Luzier] is an amazing drummer. He fits in good and doesn't have any typical drummer's complexes." Silveria surfaced recently to answer fan questions on his Facebook page, during which he gave the current version of the group a little bit of a slam while emphasizing how important he was to the group's original sound and even how they came together. Asked if he had heard the new KORN single, "Never Never", Silveria replied, "For all the fans asking the answer is no I have not heard a new KORN song. All I can say is I'm sure it's not funky and groovy like the original KORN. I don't even need to hear it to know that." Silveria added, "I am a funky groove drummer and Ray [Luzier, current KORN drummer) is a heavy metal drummer. That's why KORN will never sound as unique as we used to . . . KORN lost their groove." Silveria claimed he wasn't "talking crap" about his former group, but then went on to say, "Until they have the real 'funky drummer' it's just not gonna groove the way it could. I've made it clear that I would come back and restore the groove." Davis told The Pulse Of Radio a while back that he believed Silveria lost his passion for music. "David was there to write beats but he wasn't really there," he said. "He really didn't like playing drums. The first two albums, I think, he really enjoyed playing drums and then after that he just lost his love for playing drums. It happens. Okay, good for him, he wanted to move on and do something else." In other comments at his Facebook page, Silveria took credit for bringing Davis and Welch into the band, as well as getting them their management, saying, "None of them want to admit it was me . . . There are a lot of things I did for the band that they don't like to admit I did." KORN's 11th studio album, "The Paradigm Shift", will be released on October 8 and features the return of Welch to the lineup after more than eight years away. The new disc follows up 2011's "The Path Of Totality", which found KORN collaborating with dubstep artists on every track. Silveria in February pleaded guilty to a charge of allegedly driving under the influence. In exchange, prosecutors dropped the hit-and-run charge in connection with the March 2012 incident in which the 40-year-old musician — who played with KORN for 13 years — rear-ended another car on his way to breakfast in Huntington Beach, California. Silveria was sentenced to three years of informal probation, a three-month first offender program, and he was ordeded to attend a M.A.D.D. victim impact panel. Silveria last year joined forces with ANYONE members Riz Story and Miki Black in a brand new project called INFINIKA.
      Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/korn-singer-rules-out-reunion-with-original-drummer/#xilYc90sUuRbrCH8.99

      EUROPE's 30th-anniversary performance at this year's edition of the Sweden Rock Festival in Sölvesborg, Sweden was the band's only Swedish concert of 2013 and the stage show was one of the greatest, if not the greatest of the band's entire career. The setlist was specially composed from EUROPE's entire nine-album discography, including their cult debut "Europe" (1983), multi-million-seller "The Final Countdown" (1986) and their most recent outing, "Bag Of Bones" (2012), which has now reached gold status in Sweden. The performance was also professionally filmed and recorded for release on double CD, DVD and Blu-ray, to be made available on October 16 in Scandinavia via Gain, in the rest of Europe through Edel, and in Japan via JVC. "Live At Sweden Rock - 30th Anniversary Show" contains live renditions of 28 songs, including cover versions of THIN LIZZY's "Jailbreak" (featuring a guest appearance by THIN LIZZY's Scott Gorham) and UFO's "Lights Out" (featuring ex-UFO guitarist Michael Schenker). "Live At Sweden Rock - 30th Anniversary Show" track listing: 01. Riches To Rags 02. Firebox 03. Not Supposed To Sing The Blues 04. Scream Of Anger 05. Superstitious 06. No Stone Unturned 07. New Love In Town 08. In The Future To Come 09. Paradize Bay 10. Girl From Lebanon 11. Prisoners In Paradise 12. Always The Pretenders 13. Drink And A Smile 14. Open Your Heart 15. Love Is Not The Enemy 16. Sign Of The Times 17. Start From The Dark 18. Wings Of Tomorrow 19. Carrie 20. Jailbreak (feat. Scott Gorham) 21. Seven Doors Hotel 22. Drum Solo 23. The Beast 24. Let The Good Times Rock 25. Lights Out (feat. Michael Schenker) 26. Rock The Night 27. Last Look At Eden 28. Final Countdown For the record: today's version of EUROPE is identical to the classic "The Final Countdown" lineup: Joey Tempest (vocals), John Norum (guitar), John Levén (bass), Mic Michaeli (keyboards) and Ian Haugland (drums). "Bag Of Bones" was released in Europe on April 27, 2012 via earMusic/Edel. The CD, which features a guest appearance by blues-rock guitarist Joe Bonamassa (BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION), was produced by Kevin Shirley, who has previously worked with IRON MAIDEN, Joe Bonamassa, BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION, BLACK STONE CHERRY and JOURNEY, among others.
      http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/europe-live-at-sweden-rock-30th-anniversary-show-double-cd-dvd-blu-ray-detailed/#GTFgLIAyBK7WzwG2.99

      Frontiers Records will release the much-anticipated third album from PLACE VENDOME, "Thunder In The Distance", on November 1 in Europe and November 5 in North America. PLACE VENDOME is the melodic rock project featuring UNISONIC and former HELLOWEEN singer Michael Kiske on all lead vocals and production from Dennis Ward (PINK CREAM 69). PLACE VENDOME started in 2004 when Kiske, following a self-imposed exile from the rock and metal scene which lasted a few years after his departure from HELLOWEEN and solo career, accepted an offer in 2004 to be part of a melodic rock-oriented concept put together by Frontiers Records president Serafino Perugino. The resulting PLACE VENDOME debut album brought Kiske back to a more straight-ahead rock sound, still very accessible and melodic and far from the heavy metal stereotypes of blood, violence and hate which Kiske never had anything to do with. He collaborated for the first time with PINK CREAM 69's Dennis Ward, Kosta Zafiriou and Uwe Reitenauer with Gunther Werno (VANDEN PLAS) on keyboards. In a quite ironic twist of fate, Michael found himself to work with members of PINK CREAM 69 when that band's original singer, Andi Deris, took his place in HELLOWEEN after Kiske left. The very favorable acceptance of the first PLACE VENDOME album planted the seeds for a second recording entitled "Streets Of Fire", which was produced during 2008. The concept was slightly changed, with some outside writers such as Robert Säll (WORK OF ART), Ronny Milianowicz (SAINT DEAMON) and Torsti Spoof (LEVERAGE) handling the bulk of the songwriting, with Dennis Ward still handling the recording and production sessions. Following his stint with the band UNISONIC, Kiske decided to go back once again to the PLACE VENDOME concept with more melodic rock-oriented songs which — once again — have been selected by Perugino from outside writers, including Magnus Karlsson (PRIMAL FEAR), Timo Tolkki (ex-STRATOVARIUS), Alessandro Del Vecchio (HARDLINE), Roberto Tiranti and Andrea Cantarelli (LABYRINTH, A PERFECT DAY), Tommy Denander (RADIOACTIVE), Sören Kronqvist (SUNSTORM, ISSA), and Brett Jones. "I am having a very open mind in terms of music anyway, and the PLACE VENDOME vibe is a pretty different approach than UNISONIC," says Kiske. "I like many tracks off the PLACE VENDOME albums, but especially 'Guardian Angel', 'Streets Of Fire', 'I Will Be Waiting', 'Set Me Free' from the previous albums or now 'Maybe Tomorrow'. For me, the vocals are the most important part of a song, of course." Ward once again produced and mixed the whole affair with such musicians as Dirk Bruineberg (CONSORTIUM PROJECT), Gunter Werno (VANDEN PLAS) and Uwe Reitenauer (PINK CREAM 69) completing the lineup. "Thunder In The Distance" track listing: 01. Talk To Me 02. Power Of Music 03. Broken Wings 04. Lost In Paradise 05. It Can't Rain Forever 06. Fragile Ground 07. Hold Your Love 08. Never Too Late 09. Heaven Lost 10. My Heart Is Dying 11. Breakout 12. Maybe Tomorrow 13. Thunder In The Distance PLACE VENDOME is: Michael Kiske - Lead Vocals Dennis Ward - Bass, Vocals, Rhythm Guitar Dirk Bruineberg - Drums Gunter Werno - Keyboards Uwe Reitenauer - Lead Guitar
      http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/place-vendome-featuring-michael-kiske-new-album-details-revealed/#UD5fYMKAQGAbT5lb.99

      ROB ZOMBIE and ex-MARILYN MANSON guitarist John 5 (real name: John William Lowery) recently spoke to Artisan News (see video report below) about his forthcoming solo album, an all-star affair which is tentatively due in 2014. "Rob Zombie is obviously my priority, and everything I do is just when he's doing a movie or something like that," he said. "And you know, I never play live with anyone else, I never tour, 'cause I never wanna confuse anyone. I'm just a writer. So as soon as they see a credit — 'Oh, John 5 wrote on this Ricky Martin song,' or whatever like that — then that will… So it doesn't really get in the way. But I love doing my instrumental records and people really enjoy 'em, so I'm always working on those. I'm working on one right now. I've got Elton John's bass player doing stuff. I mean, I have a bunch of guest stars on this one, so it's gonna be really good." Regarding how his upcoming album will be different from his last effort, 2012's "God Told Me To", John 5 said: "The last one was half acoustic, half electric and I always like to change it up, so this one, I'm just gonna have a bunch of guest stars. So I'm gonna start asking my friends for favors and all this stuff. 'Hey, come on in. I watched your house and I let your dog out that one time, so come play on my record.' So I'm gonna start my long list of people to come and play. I think it's fun." He continued: "These albums are a lot of fun. I just do 'em for the love of guitar and to inspire a couple of people on the way… I just really enjoy doing that. It's great. It was one of the smartest things I've ever done. Right when I left MANSON, I was, like, 'OK, so I guess I'll finally make my instrumental record.' And it did really well, and I'm on my sixth one. And I don't do them for money or anything — I just do them for the love of the guitar — and I think the audience really can see that. I'll do something like a Chet Atkins song and then some crazy death metal-type song. So it's a very wide range of music; there's no format and there's no rules."
      http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/john-5-says-his-next-solo-album-will-feature-a-bunch-of-guest-stars/#zSX7OsMop3v72xuK.99

      Fuse News recently spoke to former PANTERA and current DOWN frontman Philip Anselmo. You can watch the report below. Asked about the persistent Internet rumors about the possibility of a PANTERA reunion with Zakk Wylde (BLACK LABEL SOCIETY, OZZY OSBOURNE) filling in for the late "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott on guitar, Anselmo said: "For me, really, I think it would mean a lot for [ex-PANTERA bassist] Rex [Brown] and [ex-PANTERA drummer] Vince [Paul Abbott] and myself to sit down and, I guess, bury the hatchet where we can be on more friendly terms. And, you know, I think it would mean a lot to the fans." He added: "Without Vince, there's not any PANTERA reunion at all; it's useless. But he damn well knows my door's wide open. He needs to bust out the keys and unlock his, man. I'm waiting, but I'm not holding my breath." Dimebag's longtime girlfriend Rita Haney in 2011 called on Vinnie and Anselmo to settle their differences in honor of Dimebag, who was shot and killed by a crazed gunman while performing with DAMAGEPLAN at a Columbus, Ohio rock club in December 2004. Vinnie, who is Dimebag's brother, and Anselmo have not spoken since PANTERA split in 2003. But the relationship got even more acrimonious when Vinnie indirectly blamed Philip for Dimebag's death, suggesting that some remarks the vocalist had made about Dimebag in print just weeks earlier might have incited Dimebag's killer.
      http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/philip-anselmo-without-vinnie-paul-theres-not-any-pantera-reunion-at-all/#ItsVKWVb6uaT2oL1.99

      Bassist Patrick Bruders has officially resigned as CROWBAR's bass player. A replacement bassist has not yet been announced. Said CROWBAR guitarist/vocalist Kirk Windstein: "I'm more hurt than anyone about Pat leaving CROWBAR, but keep in mind that there were years that I was the only member in CROWBAR." It is not presently clear if Bruders' departure from CROWBAR will affect his position with DOWN, a band that also features Windstein on guitar. CROWBAR's latest album, "Sever The Wicked Hand", sold around 3,500 copies in the United States in its first week of release. The CD landed at position No. 4 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200. CROWBAR's previous album, "Lifesblood For The Downtrodden", premiered with 1,900 copies back in February 2005. "Sever The Wicked Hand" was released in the U.S. on February 8, 2011 through E1 Music and in Europe on February 14, 2011 via Century Media Records. CROWBAR's "The Cemetery Angels" video was filmed on December 5, 2010 in New York City with director Dale "Rage" Resteghini.
      http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/bassist-patrick-bruders-quits-crowbar/#oGyp24FR19fpXR1D.99

      Metalville has set an October 4 release date for "Stairway To Hell", the new CD + DVD from reunited hard rockers UGLY KID JOE. The set contains the band's latest EP, "Stairway To Hell", which was originally released independently last summer, plus three bonus acoustic tracks and a special bonus DVD, including the 2012 Download festival concert, two new video clips and a "making-of" segment. "Stairway To Hell" enhanced reissue track listing: 01. Devil's Paradise 02. You Make Me Sick 03. No One Survives 04. I'm Alright 05. Love Ain't True 06. Another Beer 07. Cat's In The Cradle (acoustic version) 08. Would You Like To Be There (acoustic version) 09. No One Survives (acoustic version) The video for the song "I'm Alright" can be seen below. "Stairway To Hell" heralds UGLY KID JOE's return, containing songs spanning the full repertoire of influences which made the band one of the prime soundtracks for young snowboarders, surfers, keggers and characters worldwide. Whether it's "Devil’s Paradise", with its hypnotic riffery and hook line, grooving and grinding its hips seductively, the melodic power-fueled darkness of "No One Survives" or the irrepressibly memorable chug-and-chorus of "I'm Alright" it's clear that UGLY KID JOE have everything they started with plus fatter chops and a (frankly) superior curve on songwriting. UGLY KID JOE frontman Whitfield Crane told Neuweltmusic, "17 years ago, we were excited to prove ourselves with our new, heavy music. Sometimes we'd leave 'Cat's In The Cradle' or 'Everything About You' out of the set. That was understandable in the sense of wanting to prove ourselves — it was also childish. It drove me crazy, but now it's all good. Now we embrace both our sides. They're part of our dynamic and our history." UGLY KID JOE released three full-length albums and toured extensively throughout the 1990s before disbanding in 1997. The epicenter of UGLY KID JOE is Crane, a wonderfully cathartic wrecking ball of rock 'n' roll energy as it used to be served, on the rocks with no need for tonic. He's joined by long-time co-conspirators, Klaus Eichstadt and Dave Fortman (guitars) as well as Cordell Crockett (bass) and Shannon Larkin (drums.) Several members have built pretty substantial resumes during UGLY KID JOE's break. Fortman produced albums by EVANESCENCE, SLIPKNOT and MUDVAYNE, while Larkin hit the skins for multi-platinum-sellers GODSMACK. Asked what the catalyst was in bringing the band back together, Crane told Music-News.com, "I never thought it would go down personally, but Dave was producing a band called GODSMACK and in that band there's a magnificent drummer called Shannon Larkin who, of course, is the UGLY KID JOE drummer, so basically you had Dave Fortman producing Shannon's band, and those guys were just talking and having a good time. I guess they talked about it and called Klaus, my best friend and guitar player of UGLY KID JOE, they said, 'Hey, man, we should make some music.' Klaus shot me a call and asked me if I wanna play some heavy metal music, and obviously I said yes." Regarding why UGLY KID JOE split up in the first place, Crane said: "In late '96 and January '97 when we officially spilt, no one was into it; you could feel the wind out of the sails. We were sick of each other and we had the courage to leave. It's okay to leave a toxic situation. So that said, fast forward 16 years later, and everyone wants to be in the room, we’re excited to be around each other and be creative. We've all gone off and done this myriad of stuff, some of us are married and have kids, so now we're armed with all these various experiences and it's really exciting and cathartic in some sense. We didn't know how it would work out, if we would get any shows, and being asked how we feel about being able to support ALICE COOPER [on a recent U.K. tour], we [were] blown away."
      http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ugly-kid-joe-stairway-to-hell-enhanced-edition-to-include-bonus-dvd/#QEeTVrW24KFxLEEj.99

      Video footage of the reunited METAL CHURCH — Ronny Munroe on vocals, Kurdt Vanderhoof and Rick Van Zandt on guitars, Steve Unger on bass, and Jeff Plate on drums — performing on August 30 at The Liberty Theater in Puyallup, Washington can be seen below. METAL CHURCH recently inked a deal with Rat Pak Records. The band's tenth studio album, "Generation Nothing", will be released in the early fall via Kurdt's label Body Of Work Recordings in conjunction with Rat Pak. "Generation Nothing" track listing: 01. Bullet Proof 02. Dead City 03. Generation Nothing 04. Noises In The Wall 05. Jump The Gun 06. Suiciety 07. Scream 08. Hits Keep Comin' 09. Close To The Bone 10. The Media Horse According to Vanderhoof, "Generation Nothing" — which was recorded at Kurdt's English Channel studio in Washingtion — marks a "return to [METAL CHURCH's] classic metal sound. It has elements of the first album and 'The Dark', but still embraces the new sound of the band without chasing the past." Munroe said in a recent interview with Metal Assault that the new METAL CHURCH effort would contain material that is "very reminiscent of the old days with some stuff that's very 'now.'" He added: "There's a bit of… I'm not going to say 'prog' because it's not, but there's a couple of elements in there that are a little bit progressive. For the most part, out of this batch of songs, they really sound more reminiscent of the early days than anything we've done before with this lineup. This excites me very much, and I think the fans are really going to dig it." Regarding the circumstances that led to METAL CHURCH's breakup in 2009, Ronny said: "Well, in a nutshell, without going into a huge and long story here, it was certain aspects of things that had continued to happen to the band throughout its career. Not having the proper management and the proper people in place that were handling us. You know, we ended up taking some shows we shouldn't have taken and that just led to where Kurdt was really getting fed up and then we all kind of got that way. Basically, we figured before we end up disbanding because of other reasons such as maybe starting to fight with one another or whatnot, we decided to go ahead and end it then. We all ended up friends and we wanted to keep it that way. So I won't go into specifics, but we all know what the music industry is like now compared to what it was like back then. We just didn't have the right people in our camp." Asked what the band is going to do differently this time around to avoid falling into the same trap, Ronny said: "This time around we're going to release this next record on Kurdt's label. Basically, Kurdt and the band and whatnot are taking a lot more control of the situation. Yes, maybe the downloading thing is even worse than 2009, but also on the other hand, if you know what you're doing and you use the Internet correctly, you can actually have success. Kurdt's been doing that with his prog band PRESTO BALLET and whatnot. In this day and age, the time is right to go and try something on your own. If it doesn't work, you can always end up going out and searching for a label or something. We're going to take a shot at it and see what happens and I think we're probably going to have some decent success."
      http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/metal-church-video-footage-of-puyallup-concert/#TO3qfYy6utFuIkJX.99

      Drummer Mike Portnoy (THE WINERY DOGS, DREAM THEATER, AVENGED SEVENFOLD, ADRENALINE MOB) was interviewed on the latest edition of "The Classic Metal Show", which is heard live on Saturdays from 9 p.m. to 3 a.m. EST at TheClassicMetalShow.com. You can now listen to the chat using the audio player below. Asked why he bothers still answering DREAM THEATER-related questions in interviews when he seems to get criticized no matter what he says, Portnoy replied: "Because when I get asked it, and then I say, 'I don't wanna talk about it,' then that's what goes in print and that becomes the headline and then I'm still a bad guy; there's no winning." He continued: "My problem is that I care too much and I'm too honest; to be honest, that's the problem. I wish I could say I have thick skin and I don't give a shit what people say, but the reality is I do care what people say, and I've always been that way. I read the Internet, and I care what the fans have to say, and when they tear me apart, I wish I could say it doesn't bother me, but the reality is I'm human. I guess that's the bad that comes with the good. The good is that I do care and I read the Internet and I try to be a very fan-oriented artist. But the bad that comes with that is that I'm also subject to all the ridicule and the criticism and things like that. "So, what can I say?! It is what it is, and I try my best to ignore it and try to… The reality is that for every one person that tears me apart and hates me, I see 99 other people that are supportive and get it and are behind me. And I guess that's what I really need to focus on and appreciate." Portnoy, who co-founded DREAM THEATER more than 27 years ago, abruptly quit the band in September 2010 while on tour with AVENGED SEVENFOLD. He has since been replaced by Mike Mangini (ANNIHILATOR, EXTREME, JAMES LABRIE, STEVE VAI). Portnoy played on AVENGED SEVENFOLD's 2010 album, "Nightmare", following the death of that band's drummer, Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan, and toured with them for the entire second half of that year. Portnoy announced his departure from ADRENALINE MOB in June due to "scheduling conflicts." A replacement drummer has not yet been announced. THE WINERY DOGS' self-titled debut album sold around 10,200 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 27 on The Billboard 200 chart. Released in North America on July 23 via Loud & Proud Records and in Japan on May 15 via Victor Entertainment, the CD was mixed by Jay Ruston, who has previously worked with ANTHRAX, ADRENALINE MOB, STONE SOUR and STEEL PANTHER.
      http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/mike-portnoy-my-problem-is-that-i-care-too-much-and-im-too-honest/#SryyJeYYQhApIur5.99

      Former SKID ROW singer Sebastian Bach will join SIN CITY SINNERS on stage on Saturday, September 14 at Count's Vamp'd Rock Bar & Grill in Las Vegas, Nevada. SIN CITY SINNERS features Todd Kerns (SLASH, AGE OF ELECTRIC), Brent Muscat (FASTER PUSSYCAT), Rob Cournoyer (RAGING SLAB) and Zach Throne (THE HEIGHTS). The band's third album, "A Sinners' Christmas", came out in 2011. The CD featured guest appearances by Frank Dimino (ANGEL), Jizzy Pearl (L.A. GUNS, RATT, LOVE/HATE), George Lynch (DOKKEN, LYNCH MOB, SOULS OF WE), Slim Jim Phantom (HEADCAT, THE STRAY CATS), Louie Merlino (BEGGARS & THIEVES), Jimmy Crespo (AEROSMITH), Pete Loran (TRIXTER), Ron Keel (KEEL) and Sammy Serious (THE ZEROS). "A Sinners' Christmas" track listing: In 2010, SIN CITY SINNERS released two CDs of original music, "Exile on Fremont Street" and the all-acoustic "Broken Record". The SINNERS' music video, "Goin' To Vegas", received the 32nd annual Telly Award and the track "Numb" was nominated for an AVN award for "Best Original Song".
      Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sebastian-bach-to-perform-with-sin-city-sinners/#F1JYDAVlsK4Z4WQ3.99

      This coming Friday, September 6, Swedish progressive metallers OPETH will set sail on Melloboat 2013, a two-day cruise between Stockholm, Sweden and Riga, Latvia featuring performances by a number of progressive cult bands and heavy hitters, including Morgan Ågren (featuring a guest appearance by Devin Townsend), SAGA (Sweden), CRESSIDA, ICECROSS, TRETTIOÅRIGA KRIGET, ÄNGLAGÅRD, PANTA REI 2.0 and BADGE. The cruise will mark OPETH's very last show in support of the band's latest album, "Heritage", which came out in 2011. The group will spend the remaining months of 2013 putting the finishing touches on the writing and recording process for its next studio effort, which will be released sometime next spring. According to OPETH frontman Mikael Åkerfeldt, four songs have already been written for the upcoming CD and three others are in various states of completion. "We've been looking at [tracking the next album at] Rockfield Studios in Wales where QUEEN recorded 'Bohemian Rhapsody', but we haven't made a decision yet," Åkerfeldt tells the Swedish newspaper Expressen. "But it will be an expensive album. There's a lot going on, lots of string arrangements that we haven't had in the past." Will it be heavier or softer than "Heritage"? "Maybe a little bit heavier," Mikael says. "Not death metal heavy, but hard rock/heavy metal heavy. There's also lots of progressive elements and acoustic guitars, but also more sinister-sounding riffs." Who's producing? "I am," Mikael says. "I love the way DIO's 'Holy Diver' sounds, this early-'80s sound where you can still hear the '70s, but the production is heavier. Right now I'm into having a similar production that isn't retro but it still sounds like real instruments and it's heavier than 'Heritage'." "Heritage" sold 19,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 19 on The Billboard 200 chart. The band's previous studio CD, 2008's "Watershed", opened with more than 19,000 units to land at No. 23.
      http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/opeth-mainman-says-next-album-will-have-more-sinister-sounding-riffs/#8ieDe6YbCvujqjGW.99

      2014 will mark the 20th anniversary of "The Principle Of Evil Made Flesh", the historic debut album from British extreme metallers CRADLE OF FILTH on Cacophonous Records. The band states: "To honor this momentous occasion, we are planning a whole smorgasbord of exciting stuff, including the first-ever CRADLE OF FILTH comic, the release of a career-spanning double disc best-of (more on this including the chance to vote online for your choice of tracks to feature later this week) and, of course, the subsequent touring." The story for CRADLE OF FILTH's upcoming adult comic book was scripted by the comic writer Kurt Amacker (with assistance from the band's singer, Dani Filth). Several artists are in the process of mocking up some example pages for the prospective publishers. Dani previously stated about the project: "I am very excited about this venture, as it promises to be a very adult story woven straight from the CRADLE OF FILTH universe, featuring a liberated Oscar Wilde, the Demoness Lilith, nefarious sexual magickal practices and an errant Suffolk Lord who is in the unenviable process of being charged under 19th-century blasphemy laws, discovering himself engaged in a nightmarish occult netherworld." CRADLE OF FILTH's tenth studio album, "The Manticore And Other Horrors", sold 4,500 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 96 on The Billboard 200 chart. The band's previous full-length effort, "Darkly, Darkly, Venus Aversa", opened with 5,800 units in November 2010 to land at No. 99.
      Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/cradle-of-filth-to-celebrate-20th-anniversary-of-the-principle-of-evil-made-flesh/#FzIMgFCl3jp8Wae7.99

      Metal Massacre Productions conducted an interview with drummer Jeremy Spencer and guitarist Jason Hook of FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH when they played at Shepherd's Bush Empire in London, England on August 29. You can now watch the chat below. FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH's new album, "The Wrong Side Of Heaven And The Righteous Side Of Hell Volume 1", sold 112,000 copies in the U.S. to debut at No. 2 on the Billboard album chart. The record arrived in stores on July 30. The chart and first-week sales numbers are both career highs for the group, whose previous effort, 2011's "American Capitalist", sold 91,000 copies in its first seven days to enter the chart at No. 3. The group's 2009 sophomore album, "War Is The Answer", moved 44,000 copies to land at No. 7. All three previous FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH releases have gone gold. "The Wrong Side Of Heaven And The Righteous Side Of Hell Volume 1" is the first half of a two-record set, with the second half due to arrive on Novemeber 19. After coming up with 25 songs for the album, the band first envisioned putting them out all together in one double-disc set, before deciding to split the collection into two separate releases. First single "Lift Me Up" features guest vocals from JUDAS PRIEST frontman Rob Halford. Other guests include IN THIS MOMENT singer Maria Brink, SOULFLY frontman Max Cavalera, HATEBREED vocalist Jamey Jasta and rapper Tech N9ne. FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH will kick off a headlining North American trek on September 15 at the Aftershock festival in Sacramento, California.
      http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/five-finger-death-punch-guitarist-drummer-interviewed-by-metal-massacre-productions/#244hfmpFSj7u4E38.99

      Former NIGHTWISH singer Anette Olzon has praised the new solo effort from her NIGHTWISH predecessor, Tarja Turunen, calling it "[Tarja's] best album so far." In an August 24 posting on her official blog, Anette wrote: "I am sitting listening to a great album together with my morning coffee and the album is Tarja's new album, 'Colours In The Dark'. I can say that if you like Tarja, go and get this album on August 30th. It's really her best album so far, even if I like them all, but she has definitely found her own style and this album is really great! I especially like the beautiful choirs and her voice is just perfect in all the songs and the guitar sound is great!" Turunen was fired from NIGHTWISH at the end of the band's 2005 tour by being presented with an open letter which was published on the NIGHTWISH web site at the same time. In the letter, the other members of NIGHTWISH wrote: "To you, unfortunately, business, money, and things that have nothing to do with emotions have become much more important." When a female fan commented on Anette's blog posting by saying that she was proud of Olzon for writing about Tarja "so beautifully considering [the] circumstances [under which Anette] became NIGHTWISH's new vocalist," Anette repied, "I have never ever had anything against Tarja and have her albums at home. What the men in NIGHTWISH do and did has never been supported by me." Olzon abruptly left NIGHTWISH last September in the middle of the band's North American tour. She has since been replaced on the road by former AFTER FOREVER and current REVAMP singer Floor Jansen.
      http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ex-nightwish-singer-anette-olzon-praises-tarja-turunens-new-solo-album/#AClcIcDpVxAEdZAZ.99

      SYSTEM OF A DOWN singer Serj Tankian has commented on President Barack Obama's plan to punish Syria for an alleged chemical weapons attack. The U.S. leader announced that he would seek approval from Congress for action against Bashar Assad's government in response to the alleged use of chemical weapons that killed nearly 1,500 people in a Damascus suburb last week. Writing on his Facebook page on August 29, Serj said: "I'm really concerned about the 'evidence' against the Syrian regime's use of chemical weapons as an excuse for intervention. "Remember the 'slam dunk' evidence against Iraq? "Why would Assad use chemical weapons when he has the lead and in his own neighborhood? Doesn't make any sense to me. "Would it be a far notion to assume that Al Qaeda or Al Nusra Front would do this to get the West involved? "This time let the people of the world see the evidence and let the UN General Assembly make the decision of involvement, not a few nations of the Security Council. "Just some thoughts." Two days later, Serj followed up his original post with this message: "I really want to thank everyone who has commented on the previous post about the Syrian situation. I've read a lot of your comments and have found them illuminating. "Ultimately, along with the use of chemical weapons and their horrific severity, the civil war in Syria has cost 100,000 lives with millions more displaced. "If we really want to help, instead of conducting limited air strikes, which will not change the balance of power in Syria, we should propose an international, multilateral, UN peace-keeping force to end the civil war there and create an immediate cease fire that can lead to negotiations between the gov't and the rebels. I think the Russians and Chinese will oblige and join the effort, especially given the alternative of air strikes. "Once the civil war has ended, it will be easier to deduce the guilty parties on both sides who have broken international laws and conventions and bring them to justice, preferably through the ICC or World Court to help strengthen those institutions to deal with crimes against humanity instead of weakening them, as the U.S. has in the past."
      http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/serj-tankian-concerned-about-evidence-of-syrian-regimes-use-of-chemical-weapons/#2iuA6b5toso9E46G.99
      Season Of Mist has announced the signing of the instrumental progressive band EXIVIOUS. The Dutch quartet consists of Tymon Kruidenier (ex-CYNIC) and Michel Nienhuis (DODECAHEDRON) on guitars, Robin Zielhorst (ex-CYNIC) on fretless bass and Yuma van Eekelen (ex-PESTILENCE, THE NEW DOMINION) on drums. EXIVIOUS' forthcoming second album is entitled "Liminal" and is scheduled for a November 8 release (November 12 in North America). "We're very pleased to announce that EXIVIOUS has found a home with Season Of Mist," the band comments. "After being independent since the beginning of the band, it's an exciting step for us to get signed. As such, we're proud and honored to be taken in by one of the most prestigious metal labels out there. Season Of Mist is driven foremost by their passion for good music and they have an impressive roster of bands. We're very optimistic about a long and successful collaboration." The sound of EXIVIOUS is hard to define; it operates in a space where metal meets fusion meets post-rock and still is none of the above. The band blends a wide variety of musical genres into a coherent, unified sound that's driven by the incredible chemistry shared by the four musicians. You can get an idea of what "Liminal" will sound like by listening to "Entrust", the opening track of the album.
      http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/exivious-signs-with-season-of-mist/#0ydqqjKICbvD3X2k.99

      DARK ANGEL members Don Doty (vocals) and Eric Meyer (guitar) will guest on "The Metal Magdalene With Jet" on Metal Messiah Radio on Tuesday, September 3 at 9:00 p.m. EST. They will tell the audience about what's going on with the band now and maybe laying some of the rumors to rest. They will also talk about the early days of DARK ANGEL, share some fan stories, and discuss the positive reaction to the news of the band's return. Less than a month after it was announced that classic late '80s /early '90s California thrashers DARK ANGEL would reunite for a number of shows next year — including an appearance at the Keep It True XVII festival, set to take place April 25-26, 2014 at Tauberfrankenhalle in Lauda-Königshofen, Germany — the bandmembers have come forward to express thoughts about future touring rumors spreading wildly across the web. Gene Hoglan (drums): "I'm here to state that again, DFA [DARK Fucking ANGEL] is still talking about doing shows in 2014. As of now, none of the members have booked anything in regards to fests or individual dates. Of course, there are the rumors of certain fests being booked, but any talks that may have occurred were done so without the ENTIRE band's knowledge and acquiescence, and therefore cannot be deemed as credible. One thing that holds true to us is that we feel that DARK ANGEL's legacy is in danger of being tarnished if these random acts were to continue. "There are a host of valid reasons why DARK ANGEL has been slow to react to the myriad offers we have received in the past to reunite, but the most important reason is that we wish to do the greatest service possible to our fans, and if that means the time has yet to be right, then the time has not been right. And concerning the immediate future of 2014, if the time and conditions are not right, then again, they will not be right for all involved. Most importantly, our fans. "We do realize that yes, reunions are quite the norm these days. DARK ANGEL, however, has never conformed to the norm, and we refuse to reunite unless we can come back and give our fans the most stellar situation possible. Which is precisely what we are working towards behind the scenes. "We greatly appreciate everyone's enthusiastic response to the possibility of a proper reunion, and as a unit, DARK ANGEL will do what will be best. For us and our amazing fan base. "Again, we truly appreciate all of you." Jim Durkin (guitar): "To our kick-ass fans: "It has come to my attention that shows are being booked and promises being made in the name of DARK ANGEL and some of its former members. No one, as far as I know, has been given authority to speak for or conduct business on behalf of DARK ANGEL, myself or any other ex member. Not to mention making any promises regarding the future of the band. "There are other ex members who would love to be involved in this if it is done correctly! And protect our legacy! "I, and others behind the scenes here, have asked other ex members many times to stop the postings on Facebook, other web sites, and doing interviews regarding the future of the band. But it continues.... This is all premature. There have been NO rehearsals yet, and little if any face-to-face meetings. But we are talking about 2014! "I'm all for a guy doing an interview and talking about his glory days with the band. But if you start making unapproved statements about the future of the band? You're off course! "When I was last in the band, Ron Rinehart was my singer. And IF the band were to come back and continue. he would STILL be my singer. He was our rock when we needed him and there is NO WAY I would do this without him. He and I talk daily and are as close now as ever. If anything, all this talk has brought us all back into more frequent contact! Which is a wonderful thing. "I wish the very best for any ex-DARK ANGEL member in their endeavors. In fact, I encourage them to write their own music come up with their own band name and get out there and play! But to lead the fans to believe anyone other than Ron would be fronting DARK ANGEL, and that this band will be allowed to do anything without its key members just is not true. The legend cannot truly 'return' unless the key members are on board! "I look forward to 2014. And I believe we can make some special things happen!" Ron Rinehart (vocals): "In regards to DARK ANGEL and the present situation: DARK ANGEL has at no time given any authorization to any of our former members to book shows, personal appearances etc. Any shows promises, personal appearances etc. fall under the responsibility of the individual who made those promises, not DARK ANGEL the music group. "DARK ANGEL believes in providing our incredible fans with the best show that we can possibly deliver, as well as protecting our valued legacy. "Any future statements will come from DARK ANGEL or our management.” Mike "Gonz: Gonzales (bass): "I just want to make a statement about the possibility of a DARK ANGEL reunion. It is true that we are talking about doing a run next year, but we are still in the early stages of this discussion. We all plan to sit down together in the near future and reconnect and jam a bit. "I'm looking forward to seeing the guys again. "We will keep you posted as things develop. "I can't emphasize enough that this is just discussing a reunion. I have not agreed to any appearances yet. Hopefully things will work out. "I am currently playing in VIKING, as most of you know. Our new album titled 'No Child Left Behind', will be dropping very soon. I am very excited about this band and album. It is the first album Gene and I have played together on since 'Time Does Not Heal' and I can't wait for everyone to hear it. It's brutal! "In closing, I just want to thank everyone for their support and friendship. Hopefully I'll be seeing you on the road very soon!" Speaking to Uwe Harms of Germany's Radio Gehacktes on August 8, original DARK ANGEL vocalist Don Doty stated: "Mike is still playing with one or two other bands, just as Gene is, but they're gonna go ahead and reschedule with the other bands so they can fit DARK ANGEL in. DARK ANGEL will come first. "Gene is quite busy, as we all know, and he does have a lot of things going on [including TESTAMENT and DETHKLOK], but seeing this opportunity, he definitely wants to be on board, and he's very excited about this, as I am." Regarding DARK ANGEL's future plans, Doty said: "We started to book some shows. I'm still waiting for our manager, Rob, to go ahead and see what he has in store for us. We're gonna take it one step at a time. [In addition to the Keep It True], there's gonna be a few other [dates] that are gonna be happening; I can't really release those yet." Asked what he has been doing since leaving DARK ANGEL in 1987, Doty said: "It's a long story, and at the same time, it's a short one. I basically started a family and showed up to my last show [with DARK ANGEL] and told the guys, 'Hey, look, [I have a] baby [on the way] and I can't be on the road and do the family thing; it was just too hard for me. There were too many beautiful women in the world and there were too many other opportunities to go off the deep end, and I just could not do that. So with that being said, I took a step back and I told the guys, 'There will be a day and I will come back and we will finish what we started." DARK ANGEL released two albums with Don Doty on vocals — 1984's "We Have Arrived" and 1986's "Darkness Descends" — before he exited the group and was replaced by Ron Rinehart (after a brief stint with Jim Drabos in 1987). The band issued two more studio LPs — 1989's "Leave Scars" and 1991's "Time Does Not Heal" — before calling it quits in 1992. Rinehart, Hoglan and Meyer reassembled DARK ANGEL more than a decade ago but were forced to abandon their reunion plans after health issues reportedly put an end to Rinehart's singing career. Doty told Radio Gehacktes that his reasons for wanting to put DARK ANGEL bac

      (Message over 64 KB, truncated)