Third Session of Option44
- View SourceOption44, the Haryana Quizzers Forum announces the third session of
Date: October 3rd, 2010
Time: 11am to 1.30pm
Venue: MDI Gurgaon
The first half of the session, the quiz will be conducted by Kedar
Sastry and Avinash Mudaliar
The second half of the session, the quiz will be conducted by the
winners of session two: Sujoy Dasgupta, Satrajit Basu, Aditya Kumar and
We would also like to congratulate our two Haryanvi Puttars, Kedar
Sastry and Suvajit Chakraborty who made it to the finals of the Tata
Crucible Delhi edition, finishing third in the finals.
Read the review of Quizzotica Session Two:
Join us @
Google groups: http://groups.google.co.in/group/option44
Mail us: mailoption44@...
1. It is believed that he inherited the throne from the god Horus.
He was the founder of the city `Memphis'. He ruled for 64 years
before being killed by a `hippopotamus'. Who?
2. As per Greek Myth, Prometheus used a stalk of this plant to
steal fire from the gods?
3. Which city's name when literally translated from Sanskrit means
'unconquerable' or 'not to be fought'?
4. These lines are from a book which started out as tweeter feeds
by a comedy writer. With over a million followers, this twitter feed was
made into a book. Which book?
"Look, we're basically on earth to shit and f***. So unless your job's
to help people shit or f***, it's not that important, so relax."
"Waking up when you got a baby, you feel like you drank a bottle of
whiskey the night before, except the shit's in someone else's pants."
5. The famous Venetian Glass, is primarily made in a series of
islands near Venice. This is because in the 1200s, all the glassmakers
were asked to leave Venice, fearing the risk of fires in a city where
most buildings were made of wood. Identify the island.
6. Tilpat and Baghpat are the two lesser known places in this group
of five. What are the other three places and put together what do they
7. Adlai Ewing Stevenson II, the Governor of Illinois, made a
famous statement on 10th September 1952, which was used my Micheal
Douglas in the movie Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps. "I have been
thinking that I would make a proposition to my Republican friends.. "
Complete the quote.
8. This large cat native to Central Asia is called 'Sabu' of 'The
Ghost Cat' by the locals. Thanks to its underdeveloped larynx, it
doesn't possess one of the most important ability of most large
cats. Which animal are we talking about?
9. This place was built by and named after the treasurer of
Jahangir. One can still see his tomb in this city. Which city?
10. He was the classmate of Abdul Kalam in St Joseph's College, Trichy.
He worked with BEL, Bangalore and was the key person behind the
development of the Electronic Voting Machines in India. How do we know
The answers are available at
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]