Third Session of Option44

  • avinashmudaliar
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2010
      Option44, the Haryana Quizzers Forum announces the third session of
      quizzing!

      Date: October 3rd, 2010

      Time: 11am to 1.30pm

      Venue: MDI Gurgaon

      Quizmasters:

      The first half of the session, the quiz will be conducted by Kedar
      Sastry and Avinash Mudaliar

      &

      The second half of the session, the quiz will be conducted by the
      winners of session two: Sujoy Dasgupta, Satrajit Basu, Aditya Kumar and
      Sneha V.

      We would also like to congratulate our two Haryanvi Puttars, Kedar
      Sastry and Suvajit Chakraborty who made it to the finals of the Tata
      Crucible Delhi edition, finishing third in the finals.

      Read the review of Quizzotica Session Two:
      http://hqforum.wordpress.com/o44meets/reviews/
      <http://hqforum.wordpress.com/o44meets/reviews/>

      Join us @

      Google groups: http://groups.google.co.in/group/option44

      Blog: http://hqforum.wordpress.com

      Mail us: mailoption44@...

      Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=151126541584091
      <http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=151126541584091>

      Questions

      1. It is believed that he inherited the throne from the god Horus.
      He was the founder of the city `Memphis'. He ruled for 64 years
      before being killed by a `hippopotamus'. Who?

      2. As per Greek Myth, Prometheus used a stalk of this plant to
      steal fire from the gods?

      3. Which city's name when literally translated from Sanskrit means
      'unconquerable' or 'not to be fought'?

      4. These lines are from a book which started out as tweeter feeds
      by a comedy writer. With over a million followers, this twitter feed was
      made into a book. Which book?

      "Look, we're basically on earth to shit and f***. So unless your job's
      to help people shit or f***, it's not that important, so relax."

      "Waking up when you got a baby, you feel like you drank a bottle of
      whiskey the night before, except the shit's in someone else's pants."

      5. The famous Venetian Glass, is primarily made in a series of
      islands near Venice. This is because in the 1200s, all the glassmakers
      were asked to leave Venice, fearing the risk of fires in a city where
      most buildings were made of wood. Identify the island.

      6. Tilpat and Baghpat are the two lesser known places in this group
      of five. What are the other three places and put together what do they
      constitute?

      7. Adlai Ewing Stevenson II, the Governor of Illinois, made a
      famous statement on 10th September 1952, which was used my Micheal
      Douglas in the movie Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps. "I have been
      thinking that I would make a proposition to my Republican friends.. "
      Complete the quote.

      8. This large cat native to Central Asia is called 'Sabu' of 'The
      Ghost Cat' by the locals. Thanks to its underdeveloped larynx, it
      doesn't possess one of the most important ability of most large
      cats. Which animal are we talking about?

      9. This place was built by and named after the treasurer of
      Jahangir. One can still see his tomb in this city. Which city?

      10. He was the classmate of Abdul Kalam in St Joseph's College, Trichy.
      He worked with BEL, Bangalore and was the key person behind the
      development of the Electronic Voting Machines in India. How do we know
      him better?

      The answers are available at

      http://hqforum.wordpress.com/quiz-now/mixed-bag/
      <http://hqforum.wordpress.com/quiz-now/mixed-bag/>