Iboga extract info request

  • Nick Sandberg
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 1999
      Couple of quick q's for chemistry types out there. Responses greatly
      appreciated.

      (i) Recently made a rootbark extract for someone who subsequently
      decided they didn't want it. It was made to the recipe at
      http://www.ibogaine.co.uk/extract.htm I managed to keep it a couple of
      weeks in my fridge, then it started to "brew" so I gave to someone
      before it went off completely. I wonder if it's possible to take the
      extract right down to solid by gentle boiling and retain all the
      actives. Any info on this greatly appreciated.

      (ii) Understand that the shelf life of ibogaine HCl, stored in a dark
      place, is about 3-5 years. Is this correct? Are there any other factors
      relevant? Again, expert opinion appreciated.

      Thanks

      Nick