Actually, IBM was something of an exception in that its pension fund was fully funded -- many companies' funds were grossly underfunded. ERISA was created tolousfriend
" Accounting laws allow companies to post this as operating company profit." NOT QUITE. They get to and usually do put it into operating " earnings" .donwshuper50
The cash balance pension conversion was a raid of the pension funds since pension value was reduced over time and also the "wearaway" phenomena was found. Atrexibmer
- May 18, 1999
- This is a public group.
- Attachments are not permitted.
- Members can hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership does not require approval.
- Messages require approval.
- All members can post messages.