GOV REQUESTS INPUT ON ERISA ISSUES and IRAs

  • DonW
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2010
      Please pay attention to the government request for input on consideration for changes " enhancements" to ERISA. This may well be a case of you snooze- you lose !

      Keep in mind that ANYONE can comment

      http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/2010-02028_PI.pdf

      " we are here to help you " !!!

      ACTION: Request for information.
      SUMMARY: The Department of Labor and the Department of the Treasury (the "Agencies")
      are currently reviewing the rules under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)
      and the plan qualification rules under the Internal Revenue Code (Code) to determine whether,
      and, if so, how, the Agencies could or should enhance, by regulation or otherwise, the retirement
      security of participants in employer-sponsored retirement plans and in individual retirement
      arrangements (IRAs) by facilitating access to, and use of, lifetime income or other arrangements
      designed to provide a lifetime stream of income after retirement. The purpose of this request for
      information is to solicit views, suggestions and comments from plan participants, employers and
      other plan sponsors, plan service providers, and members of the financial community, as well as
      the general public, on this important issue. .......

      Goes on
    • abouthadit
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 4, 2010
        Is this part of the effort to take 401K plans and turn them into annuities? Inquiring minds want to know.