Well if this doesn't make your blood run cold...

  • justa_bean_counter
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 1, 2004
      Well if this doesn't make your blood run cold... Hope IBM doesn't
      try the same.

      Halliburton sues retirees, by Brendan January

      Halliburton is suing three former employees who complained in a
      letter when the company dropped their health care benefits, the
      Houston Chronicle reported Saturday.

      The company's change in coverage, which applies to some retirees who
      are eligible for Medicare, was announced in November and is
      scheduled to begin Jan.1.

      Halliburton's lawsuit says its plan shows that it has the right to
      change or terminate its health insurance.

      The lawsuit is being called a pre-emptive strike by the company to
      head off a legal challenge from retirees, according to the Chronicle.

      Halliburton's tactic allows it to select where the case is filed and
      will allow it to make its arguments first.

      (Wanna contact Halliburton and tell them where to go?
      http://www.halliburton.com/ )

      http://www.marketwatch.com/news/yhoo/story.asp?guid=%7BF6B6D1B2-4265-
      4950-A7F9-1C862C9B1C18%7D&siteid=myyahoo&dist=myyahoo
    • ibm_slave
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 1, 2004
        This is a good example of frivilous lawsuits filed by corporations.

        --- In ibmpension@yahoogroups.com, justa_bean_counter
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Well if this doesn't make your blood run cold... Hope IBM doesn't
        > try the same.
        >
        > Halliburton sues retirees, by Brendan January
        >
        > Halliburton is suing three former employees who complained in a
        > letter when the company dropped their health care benefits, the
        > Houston Chronicle reported Saturday.
        >
        > The company's change in coverage, which applies to some retirees
        who
        > are eligible for Medicare, was announced in November and is
        > scheduled to begin Jan.1.
        >
        > Halliburton's lawsuit says its plan shows that it has the right to
        > change or terminate its health insurance.
        >
        > The lawsuit is being called a pre-emptive strike by the company to
        > head off a legal challenge from retirees, according to the
        Chronicle.

        > Halliburton's tactic allows it to select where the case is filed
        and
        > will allow it to make its arguments first.
        >
        > (Wanna contact Halliburton and tell them where to go?
        > http://www.halliburton.com/ )
        >
        > http://www.marketwatch.com/news/yhoo/story.asp?guid=%7BF6B6D1B2-
        4265-
        > 4950-A7F9-1C862C9B1C18%7D&siteid=myyahoo&dist=myyahoo
      • mrs_adm
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 2, 2004
          Ah, compasionate conservatives.....

          wrote:
          > Well if this doesn't make your blood run cold... Hope IBM doesn't
          > try the same.
          >
          > Halliburton sues retirees, by Brendan January
          >
          > Halliburton is suing three former employees who complained in a
          > letter when the company dropped their health care benefits, the
          > Houston Chronicle reported Saturday.
          >
          > The company's change in coverage, which applies to some retirees
          who
          > are eligible for Medicare, was announced in November and is
          > scheduled to begin Jan.1.
          >
          > Halliburton's lawsuit says its plan shows that it has the right to
          > change or terminate its health insurance.
          >
          > The lawsuit is being called a pre-emptive strike by the company to
          > head off a legal challenge from retirees, according to the
          Chronicle.

          > Halliburton's tactic allows it to select where the case is filed
          and
          > will allow it to make its arguments first.
          >
          > (Wanna contact Halliburton and tell them where to go?
          > http://www.halliburton.com/ )
          >
          > http://www.marketwatch.com/news/yhoo/story.asp?guid=%7BF6B6D1B2-
          4265-
          > 4950-A7F9-1C862C9B1C18%7D&siteid=myyahoo&dist=myyahoo
        • Frank Mester
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 2, 2004
            Maybe we should preempt IBM with a class action suit of our own to
            get the "funds" they say they spend for retirees medical. I dropped
            IBM's medical and have BC/BS Plan C for Medicare. It costes only
            $89.99/month and I have yet to have any out of pocket expense. I
            still have prescription, Dental and Eye care thru big blue.

            --- In ibmpension@yahoogroups.com, mrs_adm <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > Ah, compasionate conservatives.....
            >
            > --- In ibmpension@yahoogroups.com, justa_bean_counter
            <no_reply@y...>
            > wrote:
            > > Well if this doesn't make your blood run cold... Hope IBM
            doesn't
            > > try the same.
            > >
            > > Halliburton sues retirees, by Brendan January
            > >
            > > Halliburton is suing three former employees who complained in a
            > > letter when the company dropped their health care benefits, the
            > > Houston Chronicle reported Saturday.
            > >
            > > The company's change in coverage, which applies to some retirees
            > who
            > > are eligible for Medicare, was announced in November and is
            > > scheduled to begin Jan.1.
            > >
            > > Halliburton's lawsuit says its plan shows that it has the right
            > > change or terminate its health insurance.
            > >
            > > The lawsuit is being called a pre-emptive strike by the company
            > > head off a legal challenge from retirees, according to the
            > Chronicle.
            > >
            > > Halliburton's tactic allows it to select where the case is filed
            > and
            > > will allow it to make its arguments first.
            > >
            > > (Wanna contact Halliburton and tell them where to go?
            > > http://www.halliburton.com/ )
            > >
            > > http://www.marketwatch.com/news/yhoo/story.asp?guid=%7BF6B6D1B2-
            > 4265-
            > > 4950-A7F9-1C862C9B1C18%7D&siteid=myyahoo&dist=myyahoo
          • clackey
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 2, 2004
              Frank
              That price is for you only. Do you have a spouse on it yet, or do you
              know if spouse pricing is comparable?

              What state? It can vary from state to state.

              What are you doing for Prescription drug coverage? ??

              Carl

              Frank Mester wrote:

              >Maybe we should preempt IBM with a class action suit of our own to
              >get the "funds" they say they spend for retirees medical. I dropped
              >IBM's medical and have BC/BS Plan C for Medicare. It costes only
              >$89.99/month and I have yet to have any out of pocket expense. I
              >still have prescription, Dental and Eye care thru big blue.
              >
              >--- In ibmpension@yahoogroups.com, mrs_adm <no_reply@y...> wrote:
              >> Ah, compasionate conservatives.....
              >>
              >> --- In ibmpension@yahoogroups.com, justa_bean_counter
              ><no_reply@y...>
              >> wrote:
              >> > Well if this doesn't make your blood run cold... Hope IBM
              >doesn't
              >> > try the same.
              >> >
              >> > Halliburton sues retirees, by Brendan January
              >> >
              >> > Halliburton is suing three former employees who complained in a
              >> > letter when the company dropped their health care benefits, the
              >> > Houston Chronicle reported Saturday.
              >> >
              >> > The company's change in coverage, which applies to some retirees
              >> who
              >> > are eligible for Medicare, was announced in November and is
              >> > scheduled to begin Jan.1.
              >> >
              >> > Halliburton's lawsuit says its plan shows that it has the right
              >> > change or terminate its health insurance.
              >> >
              >> > The lawsuit is being called a pre-emptive strike by the company
              >> > head off a legal challenge from retirees, according to the
              >> Chronicle.
              >> >
              >> > Halliburton's tactic allows it to select where the case is filed
              >> and
              >> > will allow it to make its arguments first.
              >> >
              >> > (Wanna contact Halliburton and tell them where to go?
              >> > http://www.halliburton.com/ )
              >> >
              >> > http://www.marketwatch.com/news/yhoo/story.asp?guid=%7BF6B6D1B2-
              >> 4265-
              >> > 4950-A7F9-1C862C9B1C18%7D&siteid=myyahoo&dist=myyahoo
              >

              >Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Frank Mester
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 4, 2004
                Thats $89.99 for each of us or $539.94 every quarter. No copays for
                office visits, they have covered everything Medicare medicare
                doesnt. I have Prescription, dental and eyes through IBM. I live in
                michigan and there are several retirees that I know who have gone
                the sam route.
                Frank

              • Glenn McGinnis
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 4, 2004
                  Lou and Sam probably sleep well at night after consuming expensive booze and
                  cheap sedatives. The sedatives are cheap because they send their drivers to
                  Canada for them.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 5, 2004
                    wrote:
                    > Thats $89.99 for each of us or $539.94 every quarter. No copays
                    for > office visits, they have covered everything Medicare medicare
                    > doesnt. I have Prescription, dental and eyes through IBM. I live
                    in > michigan and there are several retirees that I know who have
                    gone > the sam route.
                    > Frank

                    Frank, I assume this coverage is only available to those who are
                    Medicare eligible?

                    Too bad for those FHA hosees who retire at age 55 and who are going
                    to be without...if no SO or unable to afford other...coverage for
                    the eight or so years it will take them to get to Medicare
                    eligibility after their 'oh so generous' FHA runs out. Guess they'll
                    all have to go the Emergency Room doctor visit route.

                    So, how DO Lou and Sam sleep at night?
                  • Joel
                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 5, 2004
                      All those Millions of dollars must make a mighty fine
                      soft pillow and comfy firm mattress.

                      You know they probably think that they are heros for
                      doing it too !

                      --- ignatz713 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                      > So, how DO Lou and Sam sleep at night?

                      =====