Re: Recent insider trades

  • ibmaccountant
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 31, 2003
      Dennie Welsh WAS the REAL HEIR APPARENT to Gerstner. He became
      incapacitated due to illness and retired. Of course, no expense was
      spared on his medical, unlike the modern day slaves called IBM
      employees.

      I am not surprised by the amount of money he got, Lou thought very
      highly of him. Lou thought he was actually a very good businessman,
      although he was much more ethical than most IBM executives.

      He would have made a much better successor.

      Unfortunately, Lou had no backup plan, had to stay a little longer,
      take the heat for the personnel changes and choose another player for
      CEO. Unfortunately, dictators don't like succession planning and the
      bench was very weak.

      The result? An intellectual giant.

      --- In ibmpension@yahoogroups.com, fhawontcutit <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > --- In ibmpension@yahoogroups.com, "ibmmike2006" <ibmmike2006@y...>
      > wrote:
      > > You can go to the CBS Market watch website and see for yourself
      > > what the "35" exercised their options at, and how much they sold
      > them
      > > for.
      > >

      > ibmmike,
      >
      > Have you checked out the transaction that this site records for
      > 5/20/1998 for Dennie Welsh?
      >
      > YIKES!! Is this an error on the site?
      >
      > 05/20/1998 3,350,000 IBM Stock Gift
      > value of $206,862,500.00
      >
      > Over 3 million shares? With a value almost $207 million????
    • fhawontcutit
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 1, 2003
        --- In ibmpension@yahoogroups.com, ibmaccountant <no_reply@y...>
        wrote:
        > Dennie Welsh WAS the REAL HEIR APPARENT to Gerstner. He became
        > incapacitated due to illness and retired. Of course, no expense was
        > spared on his medical, unlike the modern day slaves called IBM
        > employees.

        And how old was he when he "became incapacitated due to illness"?
        Didn't he retire in early 1998?

        Gee, you mean people actually get sick in their 50's? Really? Oh, I
        know. That always happens to somebody else. Won't happen to me. I
        don't have to worry about health insurance. Yep. The FHA will get me
        through. And my spouse. Yep.

        <sarcasm off>