Re: Frozen benefits

  • keith_cowan2000
    Message 1 of 132 , Dec 29, 2000
      The December 2oth letter to retirees looks like a
      "knee-jerk" reaction to the US announcement. The US changes
      are effective January 1 whereas, we will not even
      know until March. Expect less than 3%.<br>The
      capping of benefits appears to be a strategy that is long
      underway. e.g. there was a cap on double-dipping so that
      50% was the maximum on dental regardless of other
      coverage. In my case, this means that my Pacific Blue Cross
      pays first and there is nothing left for Great West to
      pay because a)it is capped at 50% and b) the rate is
      1993 so is always less than Blue Cross.<br>I
      really feel sorry for the IBMers that stayed after the
      packages to max out on their defined benefit pensions.
      They will get hit the worst.
    • etahughes
      Message 132 of 132 , Dec 11, 2001
        The Web site has changed to <a href=http://members.rogers.com/rewind22/ target=new>http://members.rogers.com/rewind22/</a>