White-winged Dove is back at the Warm Springs Golf Course [Boise]

  • Stoddard Davenport
    Message 1 of 3 , May 24, 2017

      Hi IBLErs,

      I got an early morning tip from Missy Arnold that a White-winged Dove was present at the Warm Springs Golf Course. Presumably this is the same individual that's used the area on and off for a couple of years now. I made it over there a little after 8 and could hear it calling from deep within one of the large pine trees between the clubhouse and the greenbelt, but couldn't get a visual. It kept going silent as I approached, and must have flown out the backside (towards the clubhouse) as I approached from the greenbelt, because I heard it calling again in some trees on the far side of the clubhouse as well. I ran out of time to try to get a visual on it before I had to get back to work, but others may have better luck.

      Thanks for the heads up Missy!

      Good birding!

      Stoddard Davenport

      Boise

    • Jonathan
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 12, 2017

        HI - has anyone seen the White-winged Dove since Stoddard's post last Wednesday?  Thx...Jonathan

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 12, 2017

          I haven't been back but I've seen a handful of reports in my inbox courtesy of eBird's rare bird alert:

          6/5: Dale and Dee Toweill

          6/4: Lew Ulrey

          5/31: RL Rowland

          5/30: Cheryl Huizinga