Deaths due to Measles vaccine

  • amit chopra
    Message 1 of 2 , May 5, 2008

      Hello to all respected members of iapsm_youthmembers,

      This mail is with regard to deaths occured after measles vaccine administration in Kerala state .

      In my opinion, either the infants were deficient in cell mediated immunity(because the number of children were 4 only).

      another reason could be vaccine may be contaminated resulting into death of those infants.

      we, being the Public health related personnel, are very important to prevent these things in future,

      isn't it??

    • Rajesh Sood
      Message 2 of 2 , May 5, 2008
        Dera Amit,

        It is good that public halth people show concern for the real problems. till now the egroup was more of thesis help messages with few messages on concern for health of community.

        AEFI is a real challenge, and my concen is that all investigations are more of a cover up than a fact finding due to fear by service providers regarding punitive action if lapses are found on their part. Even governments are not ready to admit lapses, creating an atmosphere of the issue getting in commitees and files till people forget about it.

        Rajesh Sood
        Centre for Health Promotion