A New Review book of PSM by Chandrakant Lahariya

  • Chandrakant Lahariya
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 5 5:45 AM

      A new textbook of preventive and social medicine titled "A review of Preventive and Social Medicine" has been authored by Dr Chandrakant Lahariya. The first edition of this book has been released by Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers New Delhi.

      The book is available at all leading medical book sellers.

      Some of the reviews of this book are enclosed:

      A brave attempt has been made by a young faculty of Community Medicine to bring this book in the academic and research field of Community Medicine. In the concise and compact form, the most of the public health issues are presented in an updated outlook in "a review of Preventive and Social medicine". This book is highly recommended as an accompaniment to the standard textbooks for all undergraduate and postgraduate students in Community Medicine in India .

      Dr S. K. Pradhan

      Director Professor and Head, Community Medicine

      Lady Hardinge Medical College

      New Delhi, India

      Chandrakant has good writing skills and the understanding of the subject. The topics dealt with in his book are highly relevant to the practitioners of public health in India . I strongly recommend that everyone, who works in the any health related field, be it community Medicine, Pediatrics, Epidemiology, Social science, Anthropology or Health management, must read this book.

      Dr Narendra K. Arora
      Professor of Pediatrics, AIIMS, New Delhi and,

      The Executive Director, INCLEN
      New Delhi

      Dr Lahariya has done a big service to the students of PSM/Community Medicine by providing them with a one stop solution/resource for all the important learning issues. I am really impressed with the contents on Qualitative research methodology and health system research. I am sure that this book will prove an important landmark in the teaching PSM in India and will prove very useful for the students in the subject.

      Dr S. C. Tiwari,

      Professor and Head, Community Medicine/PSM,

      Gandhi Medical College , Bhopal (MP)

      This book has been written in a very simple and understandable language yet is very comprehensive and elaborate with practicable examples on the public health issues. Dr Chandrakant has excellent writing skills and been widely published in all major national and international journals. I would recommend this book to all the UG and PG students in Community Medicine.

      Dr Ashok Mishra

      Head, Community Medicine/PSM,

      Gajara Raja Medical College, Gwalior (MP)

    • satya lenka
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 5 11:32 AM

        Lots of Congratulations and Best Wishes.

        On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 Chandrakant Lahariya wrote :

        >Dear All,
        >
        >A new textbook of preventive and social medicine titled "A review of
        >Preventive and Social Medicine" has been authored by Dr Chandrakant
        >Lahariya. The first edition of this book has been released by Jaypee
        >Brothers Medical Publishers New Delhi.
        >
        >The book is available at all leading medical book sellers.
        >

        >Some of the reviews of this book are enclosed:
        >

        >A brave attempt has been made by a young faculty of Community Medicine
        >to bring this book in the academic and research field of Community
        >Medicine. In the concise and compact form, the most of the public health
        >issues are presented in an updated outlook in "a review of
        >Preventive and Social medicine". This book is highly recommended as
        >an accompaniment to the standard textbooks for all undergraduate and
        >postgraduate students in Community Medicine in India.
        >
        >Dr S. K. Pradhan
        >
        >Director Professor and Head, Community Medicine
        >
        >Lady Hardinge Medical College
        >
        >New Delhi, India
        >

        >Chandrakant has good writing skills and the understanding of the
        >subject. The topics dealt with in his book are highly relevant to the
        >practitioners of public health in India. I strongly recommend that
        >everyone, who works in the any health related field, be it community
        >Medicine, Pediatrics, Epidemiology, Social science, Anthropology or
        >Health management, must read this book.
        >
        >Dr Narendra K. Arora
        >Professor of Pediatrics, AIIMS, New Delhi and,
        >
        >The Executive Director, INCLEN
        >New Delhi
        >

        >Dr Lahariya has done a big service to the students of PSM/Community
        >Medicine by providing them with a one stop solution/resource for all the
        >important learning issues. I am really impressed with the contents on
        >Qualitative research methodology and health system research. I am sure
        >that this book will prove an important landmark in the teaching PSM in
        >India and will prove very useful for the students in the subject.
        >
        >Dr S. C. Tiwari,
        >
        >Professor and Head, Community Medicine/PSM,
        >
        >Gandhi Medical College, Bhopal (MP)
        >

        >This book has been written in a very simple and understandable language
        >yet is very comprehensive and elaborate with practicable examples on the
        >public health issues. Dr Chandrakant has excellent writing skills and
        >been widely published in all major national and international journals.
        >I would recommend this book to all the UG and PG students in Community
        >Medicine.
        >
        >Dr Ashok Mishra
        >
        >Head, Community Medicine/PSM,
        >
        >Gajara Raja Medical College, Gwalior (MP)

        Dr. Satya Ranjan Lenka, MD(Community Medicine).

        Consultant (STI),
        UPSACS,
        4th Floor,PICKUP Bhavan,
        Vibhuti Khand,
        Gomti Nagar,
        Lucknow-226010.
        Mobile- 91-9918001363

      • Surya Bali
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 5 11:32 AM
          Dear Dr. Chandrakant,
          Congratulations for your nice efforts and great service to discepline . Keep it up.We feel proud on your success.
          Wishing you a very bright future and glory
          Surya
          Chandrakant Lahariya <youth_iapsm@...> wrote:
          Dear All,
[...]

          Dr. Surya Bali
           MD(Community Medicine), CDM,PGDHHM
          Asst. Professor
          Department of Community Medicine
          M.L.N. Medical College, Allahabad University
          Allahabad ,U.P., India, 211001
          Ph: +919451848851

        • Chandramani Singh
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 5 12:14 PM
            Dear Dr Chandrakant

            Congratulation for your commendable job, I am confident that your efforts will encourage to other young public health experts to contribute to words discipline.

            Thanks

[...]

            Dr.CM Singh
            Assistant Professor
            Department of Community Medicine
            RIMS & R, Saifai, Etawah
            Mobile: 09410487632
            Fax: 05688-276509

          • Dr Pradeep Aggarwal
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 6 1:21 AM
              Dear Dr Lahariya

              Congrats

              Surya Bali <drsuryabali@...> wrote:
              Dear Dr. Chandrakant,
              Congratulations for your nice efforts and great service to discepline . Keep it up.We feel proud on your success.
              Wishing you a very bright future and glory
              Surya
              Chandrakant Lahariya <youth_iapsm@ yahoo.com> wrote:
              Dear All,
[...]

              Thanks & regards...

              Dr. Pradeep Aggarwal
              M.D. (Community Medicine)
              Assistant Professor
              Deptt of Community Medicine
              Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences
              Swmai Ramnagar Doiwala
              DEHRADUN-248140
              UTTARAKHAND
              Email: drpradeep_aggarwal@...
              Mobile:+91 9837215747

              Permanent Postal Address:

              Dr. Pradeep Aggarwal
              S/o Jai Bhagwan
              Vishnu Ghat,
              HARDWAR -249401
              UTTARAKHAND
              Tele No: +91 1334226644, +91 1334221847

            • mamta parashar

                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 6 9:39 PM
                  CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

                  My best wishes are with you.......

                  Sitanshu

[...]

                • Kartik Trivedi
                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 7 4:28 AM
                    Dera Chandrakant,
                    Cardiac congratulations!
                    May I request you to send me a complementry copy?
                    With best wishes,
                    Kartik

                    Dear All,

                    --
                    Dr. Kartik N. Trivedi,
                    Professor & Head,
                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 7 6:31 AM
                      Hello Sir

                      Hearty congratulations !

                      Its nice to see someone working so enthusiastically, esp in community
                      medicine.

                      Good luck for all your endeavours.

                      Dipanweeta
                      PG MAMC

                      --- In iapsm_youthmembers@yahoogroups.com, "Kartik
                      Trivedi" <drkntrivedi@...> wrote:

> [...]
                      > > yet is very comprehensive and elaborate with practicable examples
                      on the
                      > > public health issues. Dr Chandrakant has excellent writing skills
                      and been
                      > > widely published in all major national and international
                      journals. I would
                      > > recommend this book to all the UG and PG students in Community
                      Medicine.

                      > > *Dr Ashok Mishra*
                      > >
                      > > Head, Community Medicine/PSM,
                      > >
                      > > Gajara Raja Medical College, Gwalior (MP)
                      > >

                      > --
                      > Dr. Kartik N. Trivedi,
                      > Professor & Head,
                      > Community Medicine (P&SM) Department,
                      > Smt. N.H.L. Municipal Medical College,
                      > Ellisbridge, Ahmedabad 380 006,
                      > Gujarat, India
                      > Telefax: (O) +91-79-2657-5778(Direct)
                      > Telephone: (O) +91-79-2657-6275(Extn:208) +91-79-2657-

                    • amit chopra
                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 7 8:04 AM
                        Respected Chandrakant sir,

                        Very-very heartiest congratulations to you,

                        i am waiting it to come in Jabalpur,
                        it would be a definite help in UG as well as PG exams

                        Amit Chopra
                        final yr, MD-PSM

                        Kartik Trivedi <drkntrivedi@...> wrote:
                        Dera Chandrakant,
                        Cardiac congratulations!
                        May I request you to send me a complementry copy?
                        With best wishes,
                        Kartik
                        On 4/5/08, Chandrakant Lahariya <youth_iapsm@ yahoo.com> wrote:
                        Dear All,
[...]

                        Fax: +91-79-2657- 9282(Kind Attn.psmknt) E-mail:drkntrivedi@ gmail.com/ drkntrivedi@ rediffmail. com
                        Website:nhlmmcgym.com

                      • ABHINAV SINHA
                        Message 11 of 13 , Apr 8 12:32 AM
                          Dear Dr Chandrakant,

                          I think this is one of the greatest service to the field of Public
                          Health Academics. Good job done!! I will be thankful if you could
                          send me a soft copy of the preface/introduction and the contents of
                          the book. I will be glad if a complementary copy could be requested
                          for my medical college so that I am able to review and recommend
                          accordingly.

                          Keep it up!! and dont just stop here - Keep your text updated and
                          ahead of time...

                          Best Wishes:

                          Abhinav Sinha
                          MBBS, MD (PSM), MSc (Disaster Mitigation)
                          Assistant Professor
                          RDGMC, Ujjain (MP)
                          Email: aspsm2003@...

                          --- In iapsm_youthmembers@yahoogroups.com, "drdipanweeta"
                          <drdipanweeta@...> wrote:

> [...]
                          examples
                          > on the
                          > > > public health issues. Dr Chandrakant has excellent writing
                          skills
                          > and been
                          > > > widely published in all major national and international
                          > journals. I would
                          > > > recommend this book to all the UG and PG students in Community
                          > Medicine.
                          > > >
                          > > > *Dr Ashok Mishra*
                          > > >
                          > > > Head, Community Medicine/PSM,
                          > > >
                          > > > Gajara Raja Medical College, Gwalior (MP)
                          > > >

                          > > --
                          > > Dr. Kartik N. Trivedi,
                          > > Professor & Head,
                          > > Community Medicine (P&SM) Department,
                          > > Smt. N.H.L. Municipal Medical College,
                          > > Ellisbridge, Ahmedabad 380 006,
                          > > Gujarat, India
                          > > Telefax: (O) +91-79-2657-5778(Direct)
                          > > Telephone: (O) +91-79-2657-6275(Extn:208) +91-79-2657-

                        • Bharat Dube
                          Message 12 of 13 , Apr 15 4:07 AM
                            Congrats Chandrakant Boss !!!

                            On 4/6/08, Dr Pradeep Aggarwal <drpradeep_garg@...> wrote:

[...]

                            Dr Bharat Dubey
                            Consultant,
                            Policy Analyisis Unit.KGMU.
                            Guest Lecturer,
                            MPH,Lucknow University.
                          • preeti nigam
                            Message 13 of 13 , Apr 16 10:21 PM
                              Dear Dr Lahariya,
                              Congratulations on your excellent going and once again congratulations for being the new focal vaccine person with NPSP. I suppose your number is changed could you pls communicate your number to me
                              All the best
                              Dr Preeti Nigam
                              SMO Moradabad
                              NPSP

[...]