demographic profile in terms of % ----Sources

  • Dr Om Prakash Kansal
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 27, 2008

      As we all know and practice, that  3% of population is up to one year, then there is 3% every year in popl till 5yrs, and so on.

      I just needed the detailed polpulation break up, region wise or country/state etc. Also, the different sources of such information.

      Thanks.

      Dr O P Kansal

      Dr Om Prakash Kansal
                           M.D.(Community Medicine),
      Health Officer,

      UNICEF Field office for Bihar,

      8, Patliputra Colony,

      Patna-800013

      Meet people who discuss and share your passions. Join them now.
    • Bharat Dube
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 27, 2008
        Respected Sir,

        You can find the Broad Age Groups of India/states at the web site of Census Of India http://www.censusindia.gov.in/Census_Data_2001/India_at_Glance/broad.aspx.
        Only you need to register yourself at this website www.censusindia.gov. (free of cost) , this site is very useful & full of vital information.

        Regards
        Bharat

        Dear All,

        --
        Dr Bharat Dubey
        Consultant,
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 27, 2008
          Dear Friends,

          Census Age tables are avaiable on cost district wise. We need to refer to them to avoid the fallacy of using national averages for local planning. Foe example, a district in himachal ( low Fertility State) has 8.5% children under 5, but the IPPI plannning module mentions 12% population as under 5. no wonder this leads to over reporting of non existent children..

          Rajesh.

          On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 7:31 PM, Bharat Dube <bharatdube@...> wrote:

[...]

          The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and
          write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

          "Intelligence is like an underwear. It is important that you have it, but
          not necessary that you show it........"