Fw: Vacancy for Chief of Party (Project Direc tor I) – DAZT India, FHI 360, New Delhi
- ----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Chief of Party <cop-dazt@...>
Sent: Monday, 22 July 2013 11:24 AM
Subject: Vacancy for Chief of Party (Project Director I) – DAZT India, FHI 360, New Delhi
July 19, 2013To: Development Professionals
From: Strategic Alliance Team
Sub: Job Alert! Chief of Party (Project Director I) – DAZT India, FHI 360, New Delhi
Dear Development Professional,
We have pleasure in alerting you about the vacancy for Chief of Party (Project Director I) that has arisen with FHI 360 for their project DAZT India at New Delhi.
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. FHI 360 staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. FHI 360 seeks qualified candidates for the position of Chief of Party (Project Director I), DAZT - India in New Delhi, India.
Kindly scroll below to see the detailed job description for the position.We shall be grateful if you could circulate details of the same to friends/ colleagues whom you believe to be qualified and interested in the post.Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested apply to cop-dazt@... with a cover letter, discussing their interest in and suitability for the position, along with an updated resume, giving details of three references, current cost to organisation and expected compensation, by or before July 31, 2013
We take this opportunity to thank you for your attention and support to this recruitment initiative.Best Regards,
Kritika Chandak, Manager
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.,
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, New Friends Colony (East), Bharat Nagar,
New Delhi -110 025;
Mobile: 9871128664; Phone No.- 011- 2684 2162; 4165 3612;
1. POSITION VACANT: Chief of Party - Diarrhea Alleviation through Zinc and ORS Therapy (DAZT) India
2. BACKGROUND:FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. FHI 360 staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. FHI 360 seeks qualified candidates for the position of Chief of Party (Project Director I), DAZT - India in New Delhi, India.The US Fund for UNICEF has tasked FHI 360 to implement the “Enhancing the Uptake of ORS & Zinc in targeted areas of India” project, a public – private partnership to reduce and rationally manage childhood diarrhea. The primary purpose of the project is to reduce morbidity and mortality related to diarrheal disease amongst children under five, through development of new and improved approaches to scale up zinc & ORS for treatment of diarrhea through private sector channels in two states (UP & Gujarat).
3. JOB DESCRIPTION:The Chief of Party (Project Director I), DAZT-India will perform the following job duties -
(1) Manage all operations in India as related to DAZT project including personnel, program, finance and donor relations;
(2) Serve as chief point of contact in India for the project;
(3) Draft annual work plan, progress reports, and other contract deliverables for home office review and submission;
(4) Participate in and lead in turn, the Implementation Committee meetings constituted by the project partners MI (for public sector intervention), UNICEF (for knowledge management) and JHSPH (for M&E) to coordinate implementation efforts and share information;
(5) Forge partnerships with relevant commercial sector for social marketing of zinc & ORS, develop joint marketing plan and oversee implementation;
(6) Create and implement innovative promotional strategies for the project;
(7) Handle pharmaceutical partner(s) in terms of regular promotion as per project requirement and keep close watch on quality of the goods supplied;
(8) Oversee the work with the commercial partners to ensure timely and effective activities to generate knowledge, increase use of zinc & ORS among formal and informal health providers, ensure availability of zinc & ORS among drug sellers;
(9) Ensure monitoring of the implementation partners progress in terms of zinc & ORS sales through a rapidly accessible system;
(10) Guide and follow up with research agency for proper survey and precise reports;
(11) Document and publish outcomes of the private sector activities, its results, toolkits, methodologies and materials for larger dissemination;
(12) Prepare and develop plans for a project follow up;
(13) Plan, direct, and coordinate activities for designated projects to ensure that goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters;
(14) Review project proposals and plans to determine scheduling, budget, procedures, staffing, and allotment of resources needed for projects;
(15) Establish work plans, project teams, and SOPs to meet project goals and ensure compliance with policies;
(16) Develop proposals and research sources for funding projects;
(17) Provide guidance and training to managers and staff to achieve project goals;
(18) Participate in the strategic development of methods and techniques with executive management;
(19) Establish, serve and maintain partnerships with internal and external stakeholders on project matters;
(20) Provide leadership to the project team, ensuring clarity over plans and priorities, encouraging effective team work;
(21) Responsible for induction of project staff, ensuring their familiarity with mandate values, quality standards, policies and program objectives and their individual responsibilities in upholding these standards and policies.4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
(1) Minimum a Post Graduate Degree/ Diploma in Public Health/ Social Sciences/ Business Management/ Marketing/ Communications/ Behavioural Sciences/ Life Sciences or other relevant field, from a recognized institute;
(2) Certification in project management would be an added advantage.
(1) Minimum eight years of project management experience;
(2) Demonstrated experience in multi-sector project management and implementation;
(3) Demonstrated strategic planning, staff development and capacity building experience;
(4) Demonstrated experience in leading and managing complex projects that are strategic in nature and national/ international in scope;
(5) Demonstrated experience working in commercial or social marketing in India, including introduction of new consumer health care products, pharmaceuticals, or related consumer products and activities;
(6) Experience as Marketing/ Product Manager in developing product marketing plan;
(7) Experience in forging multiple partnerships, goal setting, team building and the management of change in the public and private sector;
(8) Demonstrated understanding of donor-funded programs and operations.
(1) Excellent level of written and oral communication skills in English and Hindi, including engaging and informative public speaking;
(2) Strong interpersonal, supervisory, and organizational skills;
(3) Excellent problem-solving skills;
(4) Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language as appropriate.5. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
Gross annual remuneration budgeted for the position is attractive. Offers shall be commensurate with the qualifications, experience and salary history, of the selected candidate.
This position will be based in and work out of the DAZT Office in New Delhi. Frequent travel to the field is required.
8. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
B 372 New Friends Colony
New Delhi 110 025
9. LAST DATE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested apply to cop-dazt@... with a cover letter, discussing their interest in and suitability for the position, along with an updated resume, giving details of three references, current cost to organisation and expected compensation, by or before July 31, 2013. For further details please visit our website www.sams.co.in