Any case story on Unsafe Injections??

  • Dr Om Prakash Kansal
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2013

      In our efforts to continue advocacy on Safe Injections, I would request for your support in terms of identifying a case study/story like

      a) an individual got a needle stick injury some time to a few years back and has developed Hep B or Hep C or HIV due to this.

      b) An individual or family having got injections some time to some years ago and now having Hep B or C positivity--Active case or carrier

      c) Wrong injection practices that you observe among your group of staff nurses/paramedics or elsewhere in private sector

      d) actual instances of syringe or needle being reused

      You may call me directly to share such episode. This would be developed into a case study keeping the confidentiality clause intact.

      Thanks and look forward to your urgent response.....

      Dr Om Prakash Kansal
                           M.D.(Community Medicine),
      Advisor-Injection Safety,
      BD (Becton Dickinson) India