Fw: Our new impact factor as 38.28

  • surendernikhil gupta
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2012

      From: The Lancet <lancetmkt@...-alerts.com>
      Subject: Our new impact factor
      To: "drsurendernikhil@..." <drsurendernikhil@...>
      Date: Monday, July 2, 2012, 8:37 PM

      The Lancet
      If for any reason you can not see this email click here

      The Lancet

      FacebookFind us on Facebook
      TwitterFollow us on Twitter

      Dear Lancet.com user,

      As a registered user of TheLancet.com, we'd like to share with you some very exciting news: 2011 saw another year of ground-breaking research being published on TheLancet.com and many of these papers contributed to increasing our impact factor through an ever-increasing number of research citations.

      We are pleased to announce that our Impact Factor has increased to 38.28 , retaining our position as one of the leading general medicine journals in the world (2011 Journal Citation Reports®, ©Thomson Reuters, 2012). This result is evidence of the integrity researchers place on The Lancet's content.

      Below is a list of the 10 most highly cited and ground-breaking articles which contributed to our new impact factor. To view the articles in full please click here . They are freely available in full.

      Impact Factor 38.28

      View our most cited articles from 2011

       The top 10**

      1. Global, regional, and national causes of child mortality in 2008: a systematic analysis
      (2010) The Lancet, 375 (9730), pp. 1969-1987.
      Cited 324 times

      2. Trastuzumab in combination with chemotherapy versus chemotherapy alone for treatment of HER2-positive advanced gastric or gastro-oesophageal junction cancer (ToGA): A phase 3, open-label, randomised controlled trial
      (2010) The Lancet, 376 (9742), pp. 687- 97.
      Cited 318 times

      3. Incidence of 2009 pandemic influenza A H1N1 infection in England: a cross-sectional serological study
      (2010) The Lancet, 375 (9720), pp. 1100-1108.
      Cited 290 times

      4. Maternal mortality for 181 countries, 1980-2008: a systematic analysis of progress towards Millennium Development Goal 5
      (2010) The Lancet, 375 (9726), pp. 1609-1623.
      Cited 281 times

      5. Association of estimated glomerular filtration rate and albuminuria with all-cause and cardiovascular mortality in general population cohorts: a collaborative meta-analysis
      (2010) The Lancet, 375 (9731), pp. 2073-2081.
      Cited 263 times
      6. Efficacy and safety of more intensive lowering of LDL cholesterol: A meta-analysis of data from 170 000 participants in 26 randomised trials
      (2010) The Lancet, 376 (9753), pp. 1670-1681.
      Cited 262 times

      7. Carotid artery stenting compared with endarterectomy in patients with symptomatic carotid stenosis (International Carotid Stenting Study): an interim analysis of a randomised controlled trial
      (2010) The Lancet, 375 (9719), pp. 985-997.
      Cited 255 times

      8. C-reactive protein concentration and risk of coronary heart disease, stroke, and mortality: an individual participant meta-analysis
      (2010) The Lancet, 375 (9709), pp. 132-140.
      Cited 233 times

      9. Oral poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase inhibitor olaparib in patients with BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutations and advanced breast cancer: A proof-of-concept trial
      (2010) The Lancet, 376 (9737), pp. 235-244.
      Cited 225 times

      10. Once-only flexible sigmoidoscopy screening in prevention of colorectal cancer: a multicentre randomised controlled trial
      (2010) The Lancet, 375 (9726), pp. 1624-1633.
      Cited 211 times

      We hope you enjoy reviewing them and would like to thank you for your continued loyalty to The Lancet .

      Yours sincerely,

      Richard Horton
      Editor
      The Lancet

      * 2011 Journal Citation Reports®, ©Thomson Reuters 2012
      ** Top 10 most cited articles (Source: Scopus, June 2012; 2010-2011)

      This email has been sent to drsurendernikhil@... from The Lancet, Elsevier Limited, The Boulevard, Langford Lane, Kidlington, Oxford, OX5 1GB, registered in England with registered number 1982084.

      To update your mailing preferences
      click here . Forgotten your password? Click here - for a reminder.

      To unsubscribe from all mail from The Lancet including eTOC alerts,
      click here . For all other queries please contact mailto:custserv@...

      Copyright © 2011 Elsevier Limited. All rights reserved.
      Privacy Policy . THE LANCET ® is a registered trademark of Elsevier Properties SA, used under license.