Query for AFMC Book in PSM

  • Dr Parag Chavda
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 2, 2012
      Respected Members,
      I need hard copies of this book on Public Health and Preventive Medicine prepared by The Department of Community Medicine, AFMC, Pune in Collaboration with WHO India Office, New Delhi for my college library. I have also inquired in WHO India office but there is no response from them yet. Can anyone suggest from where to get?
      Regards,
      Parag

      Dr Parag Chavda, MD (PSM)
      Assistant Professor and Incharge Urban Health Training Center,
      Community Medicine Department,
      GMERS Medical College, Vadodara- 390021
      Gujarat, India
      Cell: +91 9429111940
    • MANOJ TALAPALLIWAR
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 2, 2012
        Dear Sir,
        please contact directly to Department of Community Medicine, AFMC Pune.

        Dr Manoj Talapalliwar

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 2, 2012
          hard copy is not available. take a print and use that.

          Dr. Prasad Pore
          Pune
          Mobile No. 9921073540

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 2, 2012

            A very timely mail for me. Today when I was discussing with my colleagues regarding purchase of a few extra copies of this book for our Library, I was informed that this book is not available in the market.

            I feel, this is a side effect of no commercial interest in this book.  Although soft copies are readily available, it will be important that access to hard copy is ensured.  Is someone from the team listening?

            Best regards,
            Subodh

            --
            Dr. Subodh S Gupta,
            Professor (Social Pediatrics)

          • Dr Parag Chavda

                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 2, 2012
                  Please send me the web address for the softcopy of the document.  It seems the page
                  on the WHO India Country Office site has moved.

                  Thanks and best regards,
                  Subodh

                  --
                  Dr. Subodh S Gupta,
                  Professor (Social Pediatrics)
                  Dr. Sushila Nayar School of Public Health
                  (incorporating the Department of Community Medicine)
                  MGIMS, Sewagram
                  Wardha - 442102
                  Maharashtra
                  Mobile: +91-9650766472