Detailed SRS report uploaded on Census India site for the first time

  • Omesh Bharti
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 7, 2012

      http://censusindia.gov.in/2011-Common/srs.html

      Dr. Omesh Kumar Bharti

      M.B.B.S.,D.H.M.,M.A.E.(Epidemiology)

      State Epidemiologist Himachal Pradesh,

      OSD, Emergency Medical Response and Transport,

      Directorate of Health, Kasumpati,

      SHIMLA-9, Himachal Pradesh, India.

      +91-9418120302

      bhartiomesh@...; bhartiomesh@...

      Blog: http://innovationsforpoor.blogspot.com/

      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 16, 2012
        i am post graduate student in katihar medical college, bihar.....i can't support the SRS data regarding neonatal mortality in bihar....its really suprising...not matched with the real picture. but  antenatal care & post natal care is improved dramatically under nrhm. it will effect the indicators definitely but not this much.

        On 6 April 2012 09:49, suraj senjam <surajsenjam@...> wrote:

        Dear Manasee
        you copy the link and paste. it will open
        regards

        Dr. Suraj Senjam (MD Community Medicine)
        Senior Medical Officer
        Advance Trauma Center
        PGIMER, Chandigarh.
        e-mail:surajsenjam@...
        Mobile: 8872896676

        From: Subodh <subodhsgupta@...>
        To: "pg_snsph" <pg_snsph@yahoogroups.com>, iapsm_youthmembers@yahoogroups.com, "Medico Friends Circle" <mfriendcircle@yahoogroups.com>
        Date: Wednesday, April 4, 2012, 10:34 PM

        Dear All,

        For the first time, RGI office has uploaded the detailed SRS report on its website. You may visit http://censusindia.gov.in/2011-Common/srs.html for the latest SRS report for year 2010.  This report was in news for the last few days.

        It reports five points decline in the under-five mortality rate - down to 59.  So, if five points decline continues for the next five years, we will achieve MDG4 target of 42 /39 ???!!! The highest U5MR has been reported for Assam (83) followed by MP (82), UP (79), Odissa (78). The neonatal mortality rate for India is 33 and early neonatal mortality 25. You will find it surprising that neonatal mortality rate in rural Bihar and rural Jharkhand (32) is lower than that in rural Gujarat and rural Haryana (36)!

        It also reports gradual increase in the sex ratio at birth - from 880 in 2003-05 to 905 in 2008-10.

        There are a loads of information in this report - you must go through it!

        Thanks and best regards,
        Subodh

        ________________________________

        Dr. Subodh S Gupta,

        --
        Dr. Ayan Ghosh.
        M.B.B.S (Hons.), MD (PGT), MIPHA

      • Dr. Pradeep Kasar
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 20, 2012
          Dear
           Dr yan Ghosh

          Pl share why you think so about IMR of Bihar

          Dr Kasar P K
          Professor & head
          Department of Community Medicine
          NSCB Medical college Jabalpur
          MP

          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 20, 2012
            Sir,

            The proportion of people accessing govt health facilities still remains low. Though the IMR may have decreased somewhat in the institutional deliveries, the section still having low access/ to services has the highest mortality.

            Dr RK Sood
            (MAE) EpidemiologistReply
            District AIDS Programme Officer
            Kangra at Dharamshala,
            District Kangra Himachal Pradesh, India

            Mobile: +91 9418064077

            Please consider your environmental responsibility:
            Before printing this e-mail, ask yourself whether you really need a hard copy! Thanks

            PS. In HP the IMR reported by ICDS is 1/3 of that reported by SRS.  This may be as complicated cases get referred to tertiary hospitals outside state or in pvt sector and thus may not get reflected in the data. Or the sample size of SRS needs to be increased to have more accurate estimates; as the NFHS also reported lower IMR.

              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 21, 2012
                so, Dr. ayan Ghosh.......
                according to you, what could be the NMR of bihar? we here has an image of Bihar as a growing fast state. please share ...

                Malay Shah
                Resident,
                Dept Of PSM
                Baroda Medical College,