Re: [iapsm_youthmembers] Re: We all members of IAPSM fraternity condole the sudden and untimely demise of Prof. Bir Singh, General Secretary,IAPSM.

  • Sandeep Gunjal
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 31, 2012
      Its irreparable loss for IAPSM.
      Long live Dr Bir Singh Sir.

      Regards,
      Dr. Sandeep Suryabhan Gunjal,
      MD (Community Medicine)

      Assistant Professor,
      Department of Preventive & Social Medicine,
      Seth GS Medical College & KEM Hospital,
      Parel, Mumbai-400012

      Mob: +91-9011065584
      'Prevention is better than cure.'

      From: Prof. Umesh Kapil <umeshkapil@...>
      Date: Friday, March 30, 2012, 9:25 PM

      We all the   members of IAPSM fraternity  would like to pay our condolences  on  the sudden and untimely demise of  Prof. Bir Singh, General Secretary,IAPSM.

      We  pray to the God that his soul may rest in peace in heaven.

      We also pray, the almighty to give courage and strength to his family to bear this  loss.

      IAPSM Members may send their condolence messages to  Dr.Anil Goswami ,Treasurer IAPSM,  email id  <anilgoswami55@...>.

      All these messages  will be  compiled and forwarded to Mrs Bir Singh .

      President, IAPSM

      DR.  BIR  SINGH

      Dr. Bir Singh, was born on 05 January 1956 . He completed his MBBS (1978) and M.D. (Community Medicine, 1984) – both from All India Institute of Medical Sciences. He currently is a Faculty Member at AIIMS as  Professor in Community Medicine. He also heads the AIDS Education & Training Cell of AIIMS as its Coordinator and is also the Faculty Incharge of Sex and Marriage counseling at AIIMS Hospital.

      Besides being a Physician and a Community Health (Public Health) expert, his areas of interest are HIV/ AIDS Prevention; Health of Mothers and Children (Reproductive & Child Health); Counselling (Family Welfare; Sex & marriage) and Health Education. He has provided consultancies to many national & International organisations.

      A prolific writer in English and Hindi, Dr. Bir Singh – apart from having 40 scientific articles & research papers in national and international medical journals – has also authored 19 books & booklets on health topics; more than 110 columns and  articles on health in leading magazines and newspapers. He also has been a regular presenter of health programmes on Radio and T.V. with close to 200 programmes to his credit.  Through the AIDS Education & Training Cell, Dr. Bir Singh operates a popular telephonic aids Helpline “Shubhchintak” (Phone No.011-265 88 333) as well as its  internet based AIDS Helpline

      His active contribution to his areas of interest has resulted in conferring of 3 National Awards of him in last 7 years apart from the Fellowship of Indian Association of Preventive & Social Medicine. He is also a member of or on the executive councils of many professional bodies as well as on editorial boards of some reputed journals.

      E-mail address: birsingh43@...

      On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 3:58 PM, Puneet Misra <doctormisra@...> wrote:
      With a sense of deep grief and sadness this is to inform the passing away of Dr. Bir Singh today, 30.03.2012.
      The cremation will take place at Lado Sarai Cremation ground, Near Ahimsa Sthal behind Budha Statue at 4:30 PM.
      Puneet Misra

      --
      Dr.Puneet Misra, MD, MPH (USA), PGDHHM, FIPHA
      Associate Professor

      --
      Dr. Umesh Kapil
      *Professor Public Health Nutrition *

    • Dr. Pradeep Kasar
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2012
        I am shocked to learn that Dr Bir Singh is no more.
        He fought his illness very bravely.
        Department of Community Medicine Jabalpur acknowledge and appreciate his contribution to the specialty.
        May God give enough courage to his family to bear this loss.

        Dr Kasar P K
        Professor & head Department of Community Medicine
        & All faculty of Department of Community Medicine Jabalpur
        NSCB Medical College Jabalpur
        9425359504