- World Population Day 2007 -MEN AT WORK- Support pregnant wives. Care for baby. Educate daughters. Share parenting. Men s involvement and participation can makeMessage 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2007View Source
World Population Day 2007
-MEN AT WORK-
Support pregnant wives. Care for baby. Educate daughters. Share parenting.
Men's involvement and participation can make a difference in women's lives.
- Fathers often decide whether a daughter will marry young or have a chance to complete an education. Early marriage can lead to high-risk pregnancies.
- Husbands play a key role in deciding how many children a couple will have, and when. These decisions can shape the future of the whole family.
- Men often make financial decisions, including whether to pay for a midwife or transportation to a hospital. When complications arise, these decisions can be a matter of life or death.
- As political, community and religious leaders, men shape public opinion. Their support for women's health and well-being can affect the care that pregnant women receive.
- In the absence of a vaccine or cure, men's behavior is crucial to preventing the spread of HIV. Women are increasingly at risk.
CHECK OUT MORE http://www.unfpa.org/wpd/