Important notice for members

  • Chandrakant Lahariya
    Message 1 of 3 , May 7, 2007
      Dear All,
      It is almost ten months since the formation of this committee and
      group. It has been a reasonably fine period. The IAPSM Youth
      Committee made its presence felt in the presence of Public Health
      Experts and doyens in the field at the IAPSM Con 2007. At the group
      level, a lot of discussions were carried out. Exchange of new
      information, debates and personal contact has been made to through
      group.

      It appears appropriate and very democratic that after the completion
      of one year a new team should lead the group and carry the
      activities further. Before that, I am inviting the suggestions of
      the member of this group for new activities to make the group
      dynamic and to provide constructive suggestions.

      Besides, Members are requested to ask the new PGs, who would have
      joined the department in this session, to join the group. Please ask
      your other colleagues to join the group. Start a membership drive in
      your college for this purpose.

      I also request to the members from JIPMER, Pondicherry to come
      forward and one of you should be ready to assume the responsibility
      of convener of this group as the next conference is in your college
      and someone from JIPMER can co-ordinate all the youth Committee
      activities for the conference quite well. The name for chairperson
      should also be suggested and should be somebody who was very
      actively involved in the growth of Youth Committee over the last one
      year and can be from any part of the country.

      Some other suggestions are also welcome from the members of this
      group.

      Thanking you for making the youth activities in the conference a
      success and for actively being involved with IAPSM Youth Committee.

      With Regards,
      Chandrakant Lahariya
    • thiru kumar
      Message 2 of 3 , May 7, 2007
        Dear Chandrakant Lahariya,

        I'm Dr. Thiruselvakumar D, Final year MD Community Medicine in JIPMER. With my discussions with the Youth Committee members (Sumit, Sonali & Bali), I agreed to be the convenor in the IAPSM Conf 2008. Confirm with Surya Bali, Sumit M & Sonali Meena.

        Awaiting your reply,

        Thiruselvakumar D
        JIPMER

        On 5/7/07, Chandrakant Lahariya < youth_iapsm@...> wrote:

[...]

        __._,
        .

      • Dr. Sumit Malhotra
        Message 3 of 3 , May 7, 2007
          Dear Chandrakant,
          Greetings to all IAPSM Youth Members

          We Decided at IAPSM Con 2007, Thiru to be Convener, we are happy and delighted to have bright convener like him,
          we also hoped that the coming conference, at Pondicherry, we will have great activities at a larger scale,
          we will try our best, to make second time youth activities to be great, organized at a larger scale.

          well, Chandrakant, we had many constructive suggestions and deliberations discussed at Conference,

          Quiz was a success, we organized in 2 rounds, I hope Sonali did discuss with you in detail about the activities,
          In fact there were many enthusiastic youngsters interested to know about the activities of group

          We have to become more active, thats for sure
          I request to all members to be more active,

          We can take up, any suggestions, queries or whatever is beneficial for all working in field of public health.
          We all should make ACTIVE efforts, to share all the conferences update, courses notice - one we had recently about biostatistics course, any policy changes- like we had recent postings regarding Vitamin A dose schedule change, and Zinc in Diarrhea Management,

          We together as a group can debate / discuss on many public health challenges.

          Dr. Meenakshi, SR, Lady Hardinge discussed a lot and suggested  very nice points to make IAPSM a bit more active,
          We can have a Column in IAPSM Journal,
          Infact she suggested to post MCQs in journal, for enhancing/ updating our knowledge, we can start that,
          Infact we can regular post an epidemiological update feature in journals for increasing our knowledge in epi and biostatistics, infact we can request to have a regular article from youth committee bench, we need to discuss this issue actively.

          Also, Different Zonal members to be ear marked who can coordinate the activities in their zone and then we can have activities at a larger scale, like we can have zonal quiz rounds for PGs and then at a national level, we can have final national quiz, I want comments regarding this, the same way IAP quiz event is a mega event, we can also have this to be a larger event,

          We can have essay competitions for youth,
          many things can be organized by e-group,
          these days, E-discussions have become  very  helpful and important feature of many forums,
          we can also initiate many such discussions on line, seeing active responses from many youth members, i am sure this can be proceeded in a much nice way ahead,

          Many more things can be initiated, things are plenty, its just right initiation needs to be done and this to be channelized in a proper direction,

          It will be nice to have discussions at this moment to carry further our agenda for marching ahead and taking IAPSM Youth group in a better direction, It nice time to scale our activities now.

          Regards

          Sumit Malhotra
          SR, MAMC.

          --