Re: Hello every 1

  • dr_3917
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 2, 2007
      Hello Dr.Niraj
      Iam Dr.Aikant bhatti, currently iam pursuing for my
      Diploma Health Administration from NIHFW. This was the
      epidemiological problem which i came across while going some
      epidemiological exercises which we get during the practical exams. so
      please help me with this. Sir the question was " there is a town of
      population 1,00,000 and out of it a sample of 10,000 was selected by
      simple random sampling for studying prevalance of tuberculosis. it
      was proposed that all the subjcets will be contacted and sputum for
      AFB will be collected those having cough for >3 weeks. during the
      course of the study only 8,000 subjects could be contacted (reasons
      not given. 32 people were found to be postive for AFB on sputum smear
      examination. now the question asked is what is the prevalance of TB
      in this community.
      In iapsm_youthmembers@yahoogroups.com, "Niraj Pandit" <drniraj74@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi dear Dr 3917,
      > It's really good to call u by number than name. I think u must be
      PG of PSM department. we feel great if u introduce ur self.
      > Ok any way but its great question u have asked. there are many
      things which need to complete before final answer. u need to specify
      ur study aim and objectives. Also let us know methodology of ur
      study. test which u have introduced for study of prevalence of
      tuberculosis.
      > Hope u will reply all above points but any way u can calculate
      prevalence from what u have examined. The sample is calculated for
      making study scientifically correct. Investigator need to achieve
      sample size, but in case he/she could not collect all sample size.
      while calculating final result he/she can set level of error
      according.

      Regards
      Aikant
      > Hope u got answer.
      > Regards
      >
      > Dr Niraj Pandit,
      > District TB Officer,
      > India

      Tuberculosis
      > but, unfortunately only 8000 could be calculated,and only 32
      turned
      > out to be positive for AFB. The question is what is the
      prevalence of
      > Tuberculosis.
      > Now the answer will be either 3.2 or 4.0 as we can take
      denominator as
      > 10,000 or 8,000.Now can any one tell what will be the answer?
      >
      > (a) will we take 10,000 as denominator
      >
      > (b) will take 8,000 as denominator
      >
      > Please give reasons for taking the above choice.

    • manish rana
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 5, 2007
        hi dr pritu,

        I m dr manish rana from GMC SURAT,your institution.

        sir i m a first year resident , from mumbai. i have heard about u  a lot, espsecially the royal life which u lived in GMC Surat.

        its nice tobe im touch with  sir.

        i had been to delhi for the national conference, but did not know about your whereabouts, or i would have definitely meet u.

        your messages r really good, please do keep sending these.

        "Dr. Pritu Dhalaria" <drpritu@...> wrote:
        Hi Abhinav

        How are you. When you left NPSP?

        Write me on my personal ID

        Regards,

        ____________ _________ _________ _____
        Dr. Pritu Dhalaria, DCM, MD.
        Program Manager,
        The Japanese Encephalitis (JE) Project
        PATH: A catalyst for global health
        A-9, Qutub Institutional Area,
        New Delhi – 110 067 (INDIA)
        Tel: (91-11) 26530080 Ext. 307
        Fax: (91-11) 26530089
        Mob: (91) 9910108830
        E-mail: pritu@pathindia. org
                   drpritu@hotmail. com
        Website: www.path.org/ je

        abhinav sinha <aspsm2003@yahoo. co.in> wrote:
        Hi,
        definitely the prev will be calculated from those u
        examined and
        <Dr_3917@yahoo. com> wrote:
        > hi i have small problem rather its an
        epidemiological problem.

        > There is a population of 100000 and a sample of
        10,000 has been
        > selected from it. out of the sample of 10,000 it was
        decided that
        > every one will be contacted to study the prevalence
        of Tuberculosis
        > but, unfortunately only 8000 could be calculated,and
        only 32 turned
        > out to be positive for AFB. The question is what is
        the prevalence of
        > Tuberculosis.
        > Now the answer will be either 3.2 or 4.0 as we can
        take denominator as
        > 10,000 or 8,000.Now can any one tell what will be
        the answer?

        > (a) will we take 10,000 as denominator
        >
        > (b) will take 8,000 as denominator
        >
        > Please give reasons for taking the above choice.

        Dr Abhinav Sinha
        Assistant Professor
        Department of Community Medicine
        R D Gardi Medical College
        Ujjain
        Mobile - 9893740113

        The fish are biting.
        http://searchmarket ing.yahoo. com/arp/sponsore dsearch_v2. php

        Don't pick lemons.
        See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.