SE classification

  • madhav_bansal
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 8 10:58 AM
      Can anybody please let me know the present range of income in the
      different social classes(Prasad's method of SE classification). How to
      arrive at them. Which year to use as base and the income in different
      classes for that year.

      Thank you
      Dr M Bansal
    • Dr Urvish Joshi
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 8 9:58 PM
        @ Dr Bansal

        For that purpose, u gotta have the AICPI (All India Consumer Price Index) of the month u r holding ur study in & then its simple mathemetical technique to be implied in the standard Prasad's Classification of 1961, u'll get the Prasad's Modified Classification (Modified Prasad's Classification is a funny term to use in fact) according to ur study time and further u'll get the SE class.

        Newer Values = Original Value x 4.93 x CPI / 100

        (4.93 = Multiplication Factor that converts the Current CPI value in Hypothetical CPI value of year 1961)

        For more, u can mail personally.

        @ Group

        I'd like to know if any of us is interested in Disaster Management and to be precise, in the Telecommunication aspect of menagement. Can share some good things abt HAM radio, its licencing from Ministry of India, Telecommunication and its utility during the calamities.

        Regards to all,

        --
        regards,

        Dr Urvish Joshi
        Comm Med / Pub Heal
        MPS Med Coll
        Jam / Guj
        India
      • pradeep garg
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 13 7:13 AM
          Hi to both of you i m sending a link for thje latest
          AICPI from there u can know the latest figure for
          reference.

          http://labourbureau.nic.in/indnum.htm

          Thanks
          Be in touch.