Re: [iapsm_youthmembers] Assam became the country's first state to guarantee all its citizens the right to healthcare

  • Prof. Umesh Kapil
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 31 10:28 PM
      thanks fro useful information
      regards
      Umesh

      Dr. Umesh Kapil,
      Professor , Public Health Nutrition,
      All India Institute of Medical Sciences ,
      New Delhi, 110029,
      India
      Mobile : 9810609340,
      Office 26593383
      Res: 26195105

      www.samchild.com

      www.mchws2009.com

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2010

        Assam Public Health Bill is really a revolutionary step
        > towards public health for this part of North East. High
        > level political commitment was evident through this
        > initiative. Through this bill the acute crisis of doctors
        > and infrastrusture in Assam can be overcomed by optimum use
        > of private doctors and nursing homes for initial 24 hours of
        > hospitalization by making free services in all facility
        > without any hidden cost for initial 24 hrs. This bill also
        > giving the right to health to the common people of Assam.
        > The patient staying in the hospitals and also during the
        > recovery stage during rest period will be entitled to
        > receive daily allowances. As Health Minister says while
        > discussing the bill in Assembly that as cancer is emerging
        > as major public health
        problem in North East so new
        > initiatives for vaccination against ca cx and also Rs one
        > lakh compensation for Kindney transplantations are some of
        > the important initiatives. Assam is having the highest
        >  maternal death in India with about 480 death per lakh live
        > birth with high bed occupancy ratio in Govt maternaity
        > hospitals for JSY which is compromising the quality of care
        > in Govt Sector. Therefore this initiative has the potential
        > to improve the maternal and child health indirectly by
        > making more paediatricians avaiable from private sectors for
        > care of needy. Many other issues like emerging RTA, CVD
        > events can expect better care in near future. Now holistic
        > integrated appraoch in implementing the strategies can
        > improve the public health situation further.
        >
        > With regards
        > Dr Tulika Goswami Mahanta
        > Associate
        Professor

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 2, 2010
          Respected Members,
                            As per news i have read that Assam is also only state to paas the bill of compulsory one year rural posting of doctors after their MBBS & also providing them Rs 25,000 as pay ... has it been implemented??

             Dr. Vikram K Gupta, PG, Punjab

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 2, 2010
            yes, this compulsory rural posting has been implemented since last one year and becoming successful in reducing the manpower shortage at peripheral level and also giving good rural exposure to budding doctors.
            Regards
            Tulika, Assam

                              As per news i have read that Assam is also only state to paas the bill of compulsory one year rural posting of doctors after their MBBS & also providing them Rs 25,000 as pay ... has it been implemented? ?

               Dr. Vikram K Gupta, PG, Punjab

            Assam Public Health Bill is really a revolutionary step
            > towards public health for this part of North East. High
            > level political commitment was evident through this
            > initiative. Through this bill the acute crisis of doctors
            > and infrastrusture in Assam can be overcomed by optimum use
            > of private doctors and nursing homes for initial 24 hours of
            > hospitalization by making free services in all facility
            > without any hidden cost for initial 24 hrs. This bill also
            > giving the right to health to the common people of Assam.
            > The patient staying in the hospitals and also during the
            > recovery stage during rest period will be entitled to
            > receive daily allowances. As Health Minister says while
            > discussing the bill in Assembly that as cancer is emerging
            > as major public health problem in North East so new
            > initiatives for vaccination against ca cx and also Rs one
            > lakh compensation for Kindney transplantations are some of
            > the important initiatives. Assam is having the highest
            >  maternal death in India with about 480 death per lakh live
            > birth with high bed occupancy ratio in Govt maternaity
            > hospitals for JSY which is compromising the quality of care
            > in Govt Sector. Therefore this initiative has the potential
            > to improve the maternal and child health indirectly by
            > making more paediatricians avaiable from private sectors for
            > care of needy. Many other issues like emerging RTA, CVD
            > events can expect better care in near future. Now holistic
            > integrated appraoch in implementing the strategies can
            > improve the public health situation further.
            >
            > With regards
            > Dr Tulika Goswami Mahanta
            > Associate Professor
            > Department of Community Medicine
            > Assam Medical College
            > Dibrugarh
            > Address for Communication - House No -16, Ward -19, Satsag
            > Vihar Road, Jyotinagar, Dibrugarh, Assam, Pin- 786001, Ph-
            >  09435032539  09435032539

            All India Institute of Medical Sciences ,
            New Delhi, 110029,
            India
            Mobile :  9810609340  9810609340 ,
            Office 26593383
            Res: 26195105

[...]
            Mobile:  +91 9418064077  +91 9418064077
            Telefax:  +91 1892- 225559
            drrksood@gmnail. com

          • Dr Om Prakash Kansal
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 2, 2010

              I really envy the political leadership in Assam. I have been tracking the progress in Health in Assam since three years and It is heartening to know that NRHM implementation is being led from the front by their health minister himself. A young enthusiastic chap, willing to do something different and always open to criticism is the Assamese Health Minister. No doubt, he took lead in this right to health bill.

              States like UP and Bihar do not have even 10% of the similar political will.

              All the best to all collegues in Assam.....
              Dr Om Prakash Kansal
                                   M.D.(Community Medicine),
              Health Officer,
              UNICEF Field office for Bihar,
              8, Patliputra Colony,
              Patna-800013

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 2, 2010
                It is nice to hear about the progress in Assam moreso, becasue I have been the UNICEF STATE representative for NE/NW  states in India
                till 2007. In 2009, a separate office for NE was created.
                Keep in touch.

                Thanks
                Prof. S.K Chaturvedi
                former PHOD, Community Medicne