Himachal completes one year of IDRV; saves more than 46 Lakhs of poor ptients !

  • Omesh Bharti
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2009

      Dear Friends,

                          Today we complete one year of Intradermal ARV campaign in Himachal and have vaccinated more than 2500 patients of animal bite, out of that  1200 in just Shimla clinic. We get patients referred not only from medical college but also from CRI Kasauli for treatment.

      In the process not only we have been able to save more than rupees 46.25 Lakh of poor patients  but also helped poor and non IRDP patients from our pooled vaccine vials. Many a patients from far off areas have come for free treatment.

      All this have been possible due to constant inspiration and guidance of our health minister Dr. Rajiv Bindal and Pr.. Secretary Mr. Deepak Sanan and the DHS Ms. Sulakshana Puri. Now we have clinics running in six of the twelve districts and trained Uttrakhand also where everyday more than 400 patients are getting prophylaxis for animal bite at lower rates.

      Once again I convey my sincere thanks to Dr. M.K. Sudershan and Dr. Ashwath Narayana of Kampegowra Institute of medical sciences and Dr. B.J. Mahindra of Mandya Institute Bangalore for our rigorous training and to Dr. Anant Phadke and Dr. Ashok Kale for their documentary help and also to APCRI and Word rabies day for their constant appreciation and moral boosting.

      Thanks to all

      Sincerely yours’

      Dr. Omesh Bharti
      M.B.B.S.,D.H.M.,M.A.E.(Epidemiology)

      Directorate of Health Safety and Regulation,

      Himachal Pradesh
      +91-9418120302

      bhartiomesh@...; bhartiomesh@...

      See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Yahoo! Buzz.
    • Rajesh Sood
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 2, 2009
        Dear dr Bharti,

        This is an opportunity to rejoice as well as attempt to consolidate and increase access to this lifesaving regimen.
        This a lobby of interia, vested interests, who still prefer the older costlier regimen, at the cost of the patient.

        Moreover access to RIG is still poor and patients have to travel miles to get the RIG and shell out huge amounts of money.

        The success story of your advocacy in HP, on this issue needs to be replicated in other states to save lpreventable deaths.

        Rajesh

        --
        Dr RK Sood

        drrksood@...
        +91 9418064077, +91 9445157327
      • Omesh Bharti

          bhartiomesh@ yahoo.com; bhartiomesh@ gmail.com

          drrksood@gmail. com
          +91 9418064077, +91 9445157327

          See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Yahoo! Buzz.
        • amit chopra
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 3, 2009

            Respected Dr Omesh Bharti Sir,

            Congratulations for achieving successful one year of implimenting intra-dermal vaccine regime for rabies. You are really serving the persons who needed it most i.e. the poor.

            I wish more & more success to Himachal Pradesh in coming years  & also like to include this regime by other states into routine as well, inspiring from Himachal Pradesh.

            Best wishes.

            Amit K Chopra
            MD ( Community Medicine)
            NSCB MC, JABALPUR

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 6, 2009
              Respected Dr. Chopra,
                                                 You need to know a FACT, and then take command into your hands and initiate it in Jabalpur, that all.

              Let's be practical, any help, I am free for all trinings.

              Why your Id anginaplus !

              Are you afraid like me !

              Or something else !

              thanks and regards,