Fwd: Short Course on Gender, sex-selection and safe abortion, Mumbai 13-16 April, 2006

  • Subodh
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2009
      Dear friends,

      The Coalition for Maternal-Neonatal Health and Safe Abortion is organising a 4-day course to discuss the complex issues surrounding prevention of the decline of sex-ratio while at the same time protecting women's right to safe abortion services. The course will take place in Mumbai between 13-16 April. I am attaching a course brochure which has application form attached to it.

      The course is aimed at service-providers, programme implementors, activists and advocates. A lot of effort has gone into desgining this course which we hope will help create common ground between all those working on either/both of these issues. Kindly circulate the brochure and application form as widely as possible among potential participants. I would also seek your support to actively encourage/nominate participants from your own institutions.

      Many thanks
      Sundari Ravindran

      --
      Subodh S Gupta
      Professor  (Social Pediatrics)
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2009
        Dear Dr Subodh,

        We are in need of IEC/BCC materials on issues such as early age at marriage, sex selection and Anemia prevention targetting relevant audience.

        The materials may be in the form of Radio spots, Posters, wall charts, animation etc. We can translate these in hindi, if they are in any other language.

        Response form other members is also welcome.

        Dr Om Prakash Kansal
                             M.D.(Community Medicine),
        Health Officer,
        UNICEF Field office for Bihar,
        8, Patliputra Colony,
        Patna-800013

[...]

        Connect with friends all over the world.. Get Yahoo! India Messenger.
      • Dr Partha Haldar
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2, 2009
          Dear Dr. Om Prakash Kansal,
          greetings!
          please have a look at these sites of Center for Advocacy and Research; and Center for Social Research:
          -http://www.csrindia.org/d%20advocacy.htm
          - http://www.cfar.org.in/
          - pndt.gov.in
          Best wishes,
          -partho

          Dr. Partho Haldar (M.D. Comm Med, AIIMS)
          WHO India
          New Delhi
          011-42595600

[...]

          Get perfect Email ID for your Resume. Get before others grab.
        • tanushree mondal
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 2, 2009

            Respected Members ,
            First and foremost, i want to give my best regards to each of the members for their hard work, in building this psm community online. As days are passing by, it is becoming all the better. Regarding thesis and short research study topic, i have collected many at our institute. i hope it will be contributory to this site.I will shortly post in this site.
            I recently came to know that there has been a lot of updates regarding National Anaemia Control programme. Since, i am myself conducting a short research study on childhood anaemia( 6 months- 14 years ), can anyone help me out with this?
            Thanking again all my members,
            Dr.Tanushree.