Re: [iapsm_youthmembers] Fw: Manifestos of political parties for 2009

  • vinod Immidisetty
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 17, 2009
      Dear all,

      I had gone through the Suggestions from Academic Institutions and NGOs for Health issue to be included in Manifestos of political parties for 2009 Lok Sabha Elections and liked them very much.

      Develop National Public Health Administration Services this is the best one and we can also add to this:

      We have 3 tier hospitals(primary, secondary, tertiary) but the services provided in AIIMS for simple interventions which are possible in a Primary Health Centre do not match. We should go for management in the lines of corporate hospitals, that the services be it any should have the same quality for any patient at any tier of services.

      The quality of services should trickle down. The basic services which are given in a primary health centre should match the services in any corporate hospital/ AIIMS.

      I know a hospital which does this: LV Prasad hospital in Hyderabad. ( There are many examples)They have Vision Centres in villages and the quality of services in a vision centre are similar to the satellite hospital and secondary , tertiary hospitals. The cataract care /refraction care for a poor and a rich are similar.

      The investigation for the patients should be similar to any benchmark.

      Eg: the quality of sputum examination for Tuberculosis is not very good in a village level. The quality for malarial slides are not good. The doctor in a  PHC does not get quality support. He does not have quality security for himself. The PHC should be a miniature AIIMS/whatever is the benchmark not a necessity what is happening now.

      Dr I.Vinod

      On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 6:56 PM, ganesh kumar <gane_spm@...> wrote:

      Friends,

      Healthcare in india is complex and non-integerated within its services which lead to poor management and poor outcome. The yardsticks we had in our system is inadequate to evaluate our services since of its poor documentation which lead to medical blunders rather than just errors.
      Hence certain strategy has to be effected upon our existing system to correct the above-said.
      One such which is evidence based is "Implementation of IT in health care in public health sector and health care management".
      Several studies prove that the IT will reduce medical errors and cost effective over the present situation like developing country india, which really make a great leap over the welfare of the people.

      The domains which play and the way it impacts differs, which is worthwhile to consider in our healthcare system.

      P.S: But, if these things are considered not only in manifesto we will be really thankful to whom creates the change otherwise again its just a passing chain of thoughts over to a bin.

      THANKS & REGARDS

      GANESHKUMAR

      DEPT OF COMMUNITY MEDICINE

      UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES