World AIDS day theme

  • pravin pisudde
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 27, 2008
      hello friends
      As the world AIDS day is coming near, i want to share with u the theme of "World AIDS Day" which is celebrated on 1st Dec every year.
      i hav also attached the themes of past years with the mail.
      plz post the comment how we can celebrate this day very nicely so that we can spread the msg to the masses.
      thanking you all
      Dr Pravin Pisudde

      Connect with friends all over the world. Get Yahoo! India Messenger.
    • vinod Immidisetty

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2008
          Dear all,

          A Day is observed (not celebrated) as a part of a larger campaign towards a cause. A day is not celebrated to give impetus to the advocacy and wareness generation campaign but is not an end in itself.

          Leran from the people is an old proverb. We should assume that people know nothing. conventional wisdom and rationale need to be understood before trying to tell anything the "Masses". Reserach in behavioural sciences is the basis of any successful BCC campaign- without which we are only sensitising the same group over and over again and not reaching the underserved.

          Last but not the least, we should start with small step at a time and lead by example. For instance, you could go to  a slum and learn about the their behaviour and lifestyle, and then try to talk to rickshaw pullers about STD/ sexuality and prevention of STD including AIDS. Or talk to womens' groups about their body, asess their knoweledge and discuss reproductive health problems and decision making power for condoms and possible use of female condoms. Or talk with small groups of youth and address their concerns. The solutions need to innvoative locally innovative in order to make a difference/ impact.

          Last but not the least; evaluate all activities independently without any bias, you and we will learn a lot from the failures too.
          Dont be disheartened if you learn that your action did not lead to short term impacts. This is at least far better than an ostenasious mega act, the results of which are never seen except for newspaper headlines which only serve to add to our reports.

          We need not be bound in our activities by Campaign logo and Banner,theme given by an international organisation. Feel free to innvoate and be flexible if you are comited to a cause.

          Dr RK Sood

          drrksood@...
          +91 9418064077, +91 9445157327

          On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 4:18 PM, vinod Immidisetty <vinodivrs@...> wrote:

          "Try different positions with the same partner, rather than the same position with different partners."

          This statement was a good one which i saw today somewhere.

          vinod

          On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 6:29 PM, pravin pisudde <drpravin_pisudde@...> wrote:

          hello friends
          As the world AIDS day is coming near, i want to share with u the theme of "World AIDS Day" which is celebrated on 1st Dec every year.
          i hav also attached the themes of past years with the mail.
          plz post the comment how we can celebrate this day very nicely so that we can spread the msg to the masses.
          thanking you all
          Dr Pravin Pisudde

          .

        • vinod Immidisetty
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 3, 2008
            I agree with RS.
            BCC is a very special tool
            Before they can reduce their risk and vulnerability to HIV, individuals and communities must understand the urgency of the epidemic. They must be given basic facts about HIV/AIDS, taught a set of protective skills and offered access to appropriate services and products. They must also perceive their environment to be supportive of changing or maintaining safe behaviors.

            As HIV is primarily a sexually transmitted infection (STI), this requires national and community discussions on sex and sexuality, risk, risk settings and risk behaviors. It also means dealing at the national and community levels with the resulting stigma, fear and discrimination.

            Sex Education to the masses, mainly adolescents and in slums and helpers in trucker industry is lacking a lot!

            If you have time go through this link : http://www.fhi.org/en/HIVAIDS/pub/fact/bcchiv.htm

            Vinod

            --
            ur 1 n onlee 1