725Re: [iapsm_youthmembers] A New Review book of PSM by Chandrakant Lahariya

  • preeti nigam
    Apr 16, 2008
      Dear Dr Lahariya,
      Congratulations on your excellent going and once again congratulations for being the new focal vaccine person with NPSP. I suppose your number is changed could you pls communicate your number to me
      All the best
      Dr Preeti Nigam
      SMO Moradabad
      NPSP
      9412237988

      Chandrakant Lahariya <youth_iapsm@...> wrote:
      Dear All,
      A new textbook of preventive and social medicine titled "A review of Preventive and Social Medicine" has been authored by Dr Chandrakant Lahariya. The first edition of this book has been released by Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers New Delhi.
      The book is available at all leading medical book sellers.

      Some of the reviews of this book are enclosed:
      A brave attempt has been made by a young faculty of Community Medicine to bring this book in the academic and research field of Community Medicine. In the concise and compact form, the most of the public health issues are presented in an updated outlook in "a review of Preventive and Social medicine". This book is highly recommended as an accompaniment to the standard textbooks for all undergraduate and postgraduate students in Community Medicine in India .
      Dr S. K. Pradhan
      Director Professor and Head, Community Medicine
      Lady Hardinge Medical College
      New Delhi, India
      Chandrakant has good writing skills and the understanding of the subject. The topics dealt with in his book are highly relevant to the practitioners of public health in India . I strongly recommend that everyone, who works in the any health related field, be it community Medicine, Pediatrics, Epidemiology, Social science, Anthropology or Health management, must read this book.
      Dr Narendra K. Arora
      Professor of Pediatrics, AIIMS, New Delhi and,
      The Executive Director, INCLEN
      New Delhi
      Dr Lahariya has done a big service to the students of PSM/Community Medicine by providing them with a one stop solution/resource for all the important learning issues. I am really impressed with the contents on Qualitative research methodology and health system research. I am sure that this book will prove an important landmark in the teaching PSM in India and will prove very useful for the students in the subject.
      Dr S. C. Tiwari,
      Professor and Head, Community Medicine/PSM,
      Gandhi Medical College , Bhopal (MP)
      This book has been written in a very simple and understandable language yet is very comprehensive and elaborate with practicable examples on the public health issues. Dr Chandrakant has excellent writing skills and been widely published in all major national and international journals. I would recommend this book to all the UG and PG students in Community Medicine.
      Dr Ashok Mishra
      Head, Community Medicine/PSM,
      Gajara Raja Medical College, Gwalior (MP)

      Dr Preeti Nigam
      S N Medical College Agra