720Re: A New Review book of PSM by Chandrakant Lahariya

  • ABHINAV SINHA
    Apr 8, 2008
      Dear Dr Chandrakant,

      I think this is one of the greatest service to the field of Public
      Health Academics. Good job done!! I will be thankful if you could
      send me a soft copy of the preface/introduction and the contents of
      the book. I will be glad if a complementary copy could be requested
      for my medical college so that I am able to review and recommend
      accordingly.

      Keep it up!! and dont just stop here - Keep your text updated and
      ahead of time...

      Best Wishes:

      Abhinav Sinha
      MBBS, MD (PSM), MSc (Disaster Mitigation)
      Assistant Professor
      RDGMC, Ujjain (MP)
      Email: aspsm2003@...

      --- In iapsm_youthmembers@yahoogroups.com, "drdipanweeta"
      <drdipanweeta@...> wrote:

      > Hello Sir
      >
      > Hearty congratulations !
      >
      > Its nice to see someone working so enthusiastically, esp in
      community
      > medicine.
      >
      > Good luck for all your endeavours.
      >
      > Dipanweeta
      > PG MAMC
      >
      > --- In iapsm_youthmembers@yahoogroups.com, "Kartik
      > Trivedi" <drkntrivedi@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Dera Chandrakant,
      > > Cardiac congratulations!
      > > May I request you to send me a complementry copy?
      > > With best wishes,
      > > Kartik
      > > On 4/5/08, Chandrakant Lahariya <youth_iapsm@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Dear All,
      > > >
      > > > A new textbook of preventive and social medicine titled "A
      review
      > of
      > > > Preventive and Social Medicine" has been authored by Dr
      > Chandrakant
      > > > Lahariya. The first edition of this book has been released by
      > Jaypee
      > > > Brothers Medical Publishers New Delhi.
      > > >
      > > > The book is available at all leading medical book sellers.
      > > >

      > > > Some of the reviews of this book are enclosed:
      > > >

      > > > A brave attempt has been made by a young faculty of Community
      > Medicine to
      > > > bring this book in the academic and research field of
      Community
> [...]
      > > > medicine". This book is highly recommended as an accompaniment
      > the
      > > > standard textbooks for all undergraduate and postgraduate
      > students in
      > > > Community Medicine in India.
      > > >
      > > > *Dr S. K. Pradhan*
      > > >
      > > > Director Professor and Head, Community Medicine
      > > >
      > > > Lady Hardinge Medical College
      > > >
      > > > New Delhi, India
      > > >

      > > > Chandrakant has good writing skills and the understanding of
      the
      > subject.
      > > > The topics dealt with in his book are highly relevant to the
      > practitioners
      > > > of public health in India. I strongly recommend that everyone,
      > who works in
      > > > the any health related field, be it community Medicine,
      > Pediatrics,
      > > > Epidemiology, Social science, Anthropology or Health
      management,
      > must read
      > > > this book.
      > > >
      > > > *Dr Narendra K. Arora*
      > > > Professor of Pediatrics, AIIMS, New Delhi and,
      > > >
      > > > The Executive Director, INCLEN
      > > > New Delhi
      > > >

      > > > Dr Lahariya has done a big service to the students of PSM/
      > Community
      > > > Medicine by providing them with a one stop solution/resource
      for
      > all the
      > > > important learning issues. I am really impressed with the
      > contents on
      > > > Qualitative research methodology and health system research. I
      am
      > sure that
      > > > this book will prove an important landmark in the teaching PSM
      in
      > India and
      > > > will prove very useful for the students in the subject.
      > > >
      > > > *Dr S. C. Tiwari,*
      > > >
      > > > Professor and Head, Community Medicine/PSM,
      > > >
      > > > Gandhi Medical College, Bhopal (MP)
      > > >

      > > > This book has been written in a very simple and understandable
      > language
      > > > yet is very comprehensive and elaborate with practicable
      examples
      > on the
      > > > public health issues. Dr Chandrakant has excellent writing
      skills
      > and been
      > > > widely published in all major national and international
      > journals. I would
      > > > recommend this book to all the UG and PG students in Community
      > Medicine.
      > > >
      > > > *Dr Ashok Mishra*
      > > >
      > > > Head, Community Medicine/PSM,
      > > >
      > > > Gajara Raja Medical College, Gwalior (MP)
      > > >

      > > --
      > > Dr. Kartik N. Trivedi,
      > > Professor & Head,
      > > Community Medicine (P&SM) Department,
      > > Smt. N.H.L. Municipal Medical College,
      > > Ellisbridge, Ahmedabad 380 006,
      > > Gujarat, India
      > > Telefax: (O) +91-79-2657-5778(Direct)
      > > Telephone: (O) +91-79-2657-6275(Extn:208) +91-79-2657-

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic