719Re: A New Review book of PSM by Chandrakant Lahariya

  • drdipanweeta
    Apr 7, 2008
      Hello Sir

      Hearty congratulations !

      Its nice to see someone working so enthusiastically, esp in community
      medicine.

      Good luck for all your endeavours.

      Dipanweeta
      PG MAMC

      --- In iapsm_youthmembers@yahoogroups.com, "Kartik
      Trivedi" <drkntrivedi@...> wrote:

      > Dera Chandrakant,
      > Cardiac congratulations!
      > May I request you to send me a complementry copy?
      > With best wishes,
      > Kartik
      > On 4/5/08, Chandrakant Lahariya <youth_iapsm@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Dear All,
      > >
      > > A new textbook of preventive and social medicine titled "A review
      of
      > > Preventive and Social Medicine" has been authored by Dr
      Chandrakant
      > > Lahariya. The first edition of this book has been released by
      Jaypee
      > > Brothers Medical Publishers New Delhi.
      > >
      > > The book is available at all leading medical book sellers.
      > >

      > > Some of the reviews of this book are enclosed:
      > >

      > > A brave attempt has been made by a young faculty of Community
      Medicine to
      > > bring this book in the academic and research field of Community
      Medicine. In
      > > the concise and compact form, the most of the public health
      issues are
      > > presented in an updated outlook in "a review of Preventive and
      Social
      > > medicine". This book is highly recommended as an accompaniment to
      the
      > > standard textbooks for all undergraduate and postgraduate
      students in
      > > Community Medicine in India.
      > >
      > > *Dr S. K. Pradhan*
      > >
      > > Director Professor and Head, Community Medicine
      > >
      > > Lady Hardinge Medical College
      > >
      > > New Delhi, India
      > >

      > > Chandrakant has good writing skills and the understanding of the
      subject.
      > > The topics dealt with in his book are highly relevant to the
      practitioners
      > > of public health in India. I strongly recommend that everyone,
      who works in
      > > the any health related field, be it community Medicine,
      Pediatrics,
      > > Epidemiology, Social science, Anthropology or Health management,
      must read
      > > this book.
      > >
      > > *Dr Narendra K. Arora*
      > > Professor of Pediatrics, AIIMS, New Delhi and,
      > >
      > > The Executive Director, INCLEN
      > > New Delhi
      > >

      > > Dr Lahariya has done a big service to the students of PSM/
      Community
      > > Medicine by providing them with a one stop solution/resource for
      all the
      > > important learning issues. I am really impressed with the
      contents on
      > > Qualitative research methodology and health system research. I am
      sure that
      > > this book will prove an important landmark in the teaching PSM in
      India and
      > > will prove very useful for the students in the subject.
      > >
      > > *Dr S. C. Tiwari,*
      > >
      > > Professor and Head, Community Medicine/PSM,
      > >
      > > Gandhi Medical College, Bhopal (MP)
      > >

      > > This book has been written in a very simple and understandable
      language
      > > yet is very comprehensive and elaborate with practicable examples
      on the
      > > public health issues. Dr Chandrakant has excellent writing skills
      and been
      > > widely published in all major national and international
      journals. I would
      > > recommend this book to all the UG and PG students in Community
      Medicine.

      > > *Dr Ashok Mishra*
      > >
      > > Head, Community Medicine/PSM,
      > >
      > > Gajara Raja Medical College, Gwalior (MP)
      > >

      > --
      > Dr. Kartik N. Trivedi,
      > Professor & Head,
      > Community Medicine (P&SM) Department,
      > Smt. N.H.L. Municipal Medical College,
      > Ellisbridge, Ahmedabad 380 006,
      > Gujarat, India
      > Telefax: (O) +91-79-2657-5778(Direct)
      > Telephone: (O) +91-79-2657-6275(Extn:208) +91-79-2657-
      7621(Extn:305)
      > Fax: +91-79-2657-9282(Kind Attn.psmknt)
      > E-mail:drkntrivedi@.../drkntrivedi@...
      > Website:nhlmmcgym.com