4747Fw: Hong Kong University Free Online Course - "Epidemics"

  • Vivek Gupta
    Aug 22, 2014

      Vivek

      From: Scharf, Ms Alissa K <ascharf@...>;
      To: Scharf, Ms Alissa K <ascharf@...>;
      Subject: Hong Kong University Free Online Course - "Epidemics"
      Sent: Thu, Aug 21, 2014 7:12:09 PM

      Hello,

      Thank you for your interest in Harvard School of Public Health’s infectious disease modeling short course in previous years. We are pleased to let you know that in collaboration with colleagues at The University of Hong Kong and the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, including Gabriel LeungMalik PeirisYi GuanBenjamin Cowling and Mark Jit, we will be offering a free massive open online course (MOOC) called "Epidemics" on the edX platform in September 2014.

      "Epidemics" explores the origins of novel pathogens, the spread of infectious diseases as well as the preventive and control measures to contain outbreaks. It also presents risk communication strategies that contribute to public health preparedness and features panel discussions on ethics and crisis management with leading public health experts. The first-hand experiences that the team has earned from combating SARS and other emerging infectious diseases such as avian influenza (A) H7N9 virus will enable students from around the world to better understand the threat of epidemics.For more information and registration, please visit the following site:

       https://www.edx.org/course/hkux/hkux-hku01x-epidemics-1778

       Please help us spread the word to your friends and colleagues. We have attached an Epidemics course leaflet and a Epidemics poster for dissemination to interested parties.

       Best regards,

       Marc Lipsitch  Professor of Epidemology, Harvard School of Public Health
       Joe Wu  Associate Professor, University Hong Kong