4588Fwd: Your Signature Can Make Us Win

  • Kartik Trivedi
    Oct 23, 2013

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Amar Singh Rathi <mail@...>
      Date: Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 9:14 AM
      Subject: Your Signature Can Make Us Win
      To: drkntrivedi@...

      Change.org

      My 23-year-old daughter was attacked with acid that killed her. We still don't know who did it or why. Ask the Home Minister to launch a CBI enquiry.

      Dear Kartikkumar -

      We met Sushil Kumar Shinde on Monday. Four months ago, he had promised to launch an immediate CBI inquiry on the acid attack that killed my daughter Preeti.

      But now, he has changed his stand. He told us that the case has been sent back to the Maharashtra Government.

      I am heartbroken, but I won't give up. Your support has given us immense strength. Our protest was supported by several other acid attack survivors who are fighting with us for Preeti.

      We have decided to deliver my petition to the Director of CBI. We need 1 lakh signatures before our meeting to ensure that he doesn't ignore our demands.

      Kartikkumar, sign my petition and forward my email to your friends. Your support is essential for us to win this fight for justice.

      --

      Dear Kartikkumar,

      My daughter Preeti died after she was brutally attacked with acid in Mumbai. No one knows who killed her or why he did it.

      After I launched my Change.org petition, close to 70,000 people, including you, supported me in telling Home Minister, Sushil Kumar Shinde to launch an immediate CBI inquiry on her murder.

      Though Mr. Shinde promised to take action when we met him, nothing has been done yet. It’s been 4 months since I started this fight to seek justice for my 23-year-old daughter. This time I want to make sure that he cannot ignore the public pressure.

      A masked man attacked Preeti with acid and escaped as soon as she got off at the Bandra railway station. We lost her a month later and couldn’t do anything to save her.

      I want Mr. Shinde to fulfill his promise and launch a CBI investigation on the acid attack on Preeti. In the last four months, Change.org members like you have given us immense strength and courage in this fight for justice.

      We need more public support to ensure that our Home Minister orders an immediate CBI probe on my daughter’s case.

      Kartikkumar, we need you now more than ever. Sign my petition and forward my mail to your friends and ask them to join us.

      Thank you for all your support,

      Amar Singh Rathi via Change.org

      Start a petition on Change.org

      Mailing Address: Change.org · 216 W 104th St., #130 · New York, NY 10025

      --
      Regards,

      Dr. Kartik N. Trivedi,
      Professor & Head,
      Community Medicine (P&SM) Deptt.,(GAIMS), Bhuj, Kachchh, Gujarat, India.
      Office Mo.:+919426600654 Fax:+912832258080 attn.,cmdknt
      Email:drkntrivedi@.../psm@...,
      Residence:585,Parshwanathnagar,Chandkheda,Ahmedabad-382 424,Gujarat,India.
      Tel:+917923290904 M- +919426769529