4410Fw: Announcement of ‘Workshop on Conduct an d Reporting of Systematic Reviews’ (Feb 25t h to Feb 27th, 2013)

  • surendernikhil gupta
    Feb 16 1:35 AM
    From: Trainings 2 <trainings2@...>
    Subject: Announcement of ‘Workshop on Conduct and Reporting of Systematic Reviews’ (Feb 25th to Feb 27th, 2013)
    To: "Trainings 3" <trainings3@...>
    Date: Saturday, February 16, 2013, 10:40 AM

    Dear Sir/ Madam,

    Greetings from Indian Institute of Public Health-Delhi (IIPH-D)!

    The Indian Institute of Public Health- Delhi has been launched under the aegis of Public Health Foundation of India. The mandate of the Institute is to address the need for trained public health workforce in India that can supplement ongoing efforts to strengthen health system through education, training, research, advocacy and policy initiatives. Apart from conducting full-term post graduate diploma programmes, we also organize short term trainings and workshops.

    In this context we are pleased to announce the workshop on Conduct and Reporting of Systematic Reviews to be held at IIPH-Delhi from Feb 25th to Feb 27th, 2013.

    The last date of registration is February 20th, 2013.

    Over the years formal methods have been developed for systematically reviewing studies, to produce explicitly formulated, reproducible, up to date summaries of effects of health care interventions. This has led to a sharp increase in the number of reviews that use these formal methods. It is therefore essential that students practicing clinicians, researchers and policymakers are familiar with the processes involved in the performance and interpretation of systematic reviews.

    Please click the link to access the brochure of the workshop series for complete information:

    http://phfi.org/images/iiph_delhi/Research_Methods_Workshop_Series.pdf

    Any queries related to the workshop may be addressed to Ms Tanuja Bhandari, Programme Officer at email:tanuja.bhandari@... or call at +91 124-4722900 (Extn. – 317).

    We sincerely hope that you will encourage faculty and post graduate students from your institution to enroll in this workshop. This will immensely help us to purposefully engage in capacity building of health professionals. We would also appreciate wider circulation of this workshop on Conduct and Reporting of Systematic Reviews in your institution. Please find enclosed workshop flyer and registration form.

    This workshop is one of the 'Research Methods Workshop Series (2012-2013)', the list of complete series is mentioned below:

    Topics

    Dates

    I     Design and Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials

    August  20-24, 2012

    II     Qualitative data analysis using Atlas ti

    December 11-14, 2012

    III    Design and Analysis of Cluster Randomized Trials

    December 18- 21, 2012

    IV    Pharmacovigilance

    February 12-15, 2013

    V     Statistical Analysis using STATA

    February 18- 22, 2013

    VI   Conduct and Reporting of Systematic Reviews

    February 25-27, 2013

    VII  Designing and Evaluating Public Health Interventions

    March 19-22, 2013

    VIII Case Control Studies : Basics and Beyond

    April 24-26, 2013

    IX   Multivariable Analysis using STATA

    May 6-10, 2013

    X    Medical Writing

    May 21-24, 2013

    Warm regards,

    Trainings Team

    Indian Institute of Public Health- Delhi

    Plot 34, Sector 44

    Institutional Area

    Gurgaon -122002

    Haryana