3868Re: [iapsm_youthmembers] Re: MCI recognition, a must?

  • Omesh Bharti
    Oct 26, 2011
      Dear Dr. Sood,
                           When you do PG for the love of it, you always enjoy and also get opportunities due to your innovations but when you do it by chance, you just curse yourself for doing things you donot like. I have many examples of clinical people saying, they did a mistake and should have chosen public health.
      Regarding MCI not recognising public health courses, is because almost non of the members in MCI are from public health. In Himachal, we have young public health professionals working with the top decision makers and are able to take long term decisions and sustain them in the long run. The earlier problem of decision makers retiring before completion of projects is over now. I think Himachal is a good case study in studying how structural and non- hierarchial changes can affect decision making and bring health service deliveries to the door steps of people, many of them free of cost.

      Just some views....
      Thaks,
      Dr. Omesh Kumar Bharti
      M.B.B.S.,D.H.M.,M.A.E.(Epidemiology)

      OSD, Emergency Medical Response and Transport,

      Directorate of Health, Kasumpati,

      SHIMLA, Himachal Pradesh, India.
      +91-9418120302

      bhartiomesh@...; bhartiomesh@...