      From: Omesh Bharti <bhartiomesh@...>
      Subject: [iapsm_youthmembers] Himachal completes one year of IDRV; saves more than 46 Lakhs of poor ptients !
      To: "Dr Sudarshan M KSUDARSHAN" <mksudarshan@...>, "ARV Ashwathnarayan" <dhashwathnarayana@...>, "BJ Mahendra B J mahendra IDRV Mandya" <mahendrabj@...>, "secy health Deepak" <deepak_sanan@...>, "ashok chattisgarh" <ashokpkale2003@...>, "ANANT PADKE" <anant.phadke@...>, "Peter Costa" <peter.costa@...>
      Cc: "mfc" <mfriendcircle@yahoogroups.com>, "JSA" <pha-ncc@yahoogroups.com>, "IAPSM" <iapsm_youthmembers@yahoogroups.com>, "Hospital management" <hosp_admn_india@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 12:29 PM

      Dear Friends,

                          Today we complete one year of Intradermal ARV campaign in Himachal and have vaccinated more than 2500 patients of animal bite, out of that  1200 in just Shimla clinic. We get patients referred not only from medical college but also from CRI Kasauli for treatment.

      In the process not only we have been able to save more than rupees 46.25 Lakh of poor patients  but also helped poor and non IRDP patients from our pooled vaccine vials. Many a patients from far off areas have come for free treatment.

      All this have been possible due to constant inspiration and guidance of our health minister Dr. Rajiv Bindal and Pr.. Secretary Mr. Deepak Sanan and the DHS Ms. Sulakshana Puri. Now we have clinics running in six of the twelve districts and trained Uttrakhand also where everyday more than 400 patients are getting prophylaxis for animal bite at lower rates.

      Once again I convey my sincere thanks to Dr. M.K. Sudershan and Dr. Ashwath Narayana of Kampegowra Institute of medical sciences and Dr. B.J. Mahindra of Mandya Institute Bangalore for our rigorous training and to Dr. Anant Phadke and Dr. Ashok Kale for their documentary help and also to APCRI and Word rabies day for their constant appreciation and moral boosting.

      Thanks to all

      Sincerely yours’

      Dr. Omesh Bharti
      M.B.B.S.,D.H. M.,M.A.E. (Epidemiology)

      Directorate of Health Safety and Regulation,

      Himachal Pradesh
      +91-9418120302

      bhartiomesh@ yahoo.com; bhartiomesh@ gmail.com

      See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Yahoo! Buzz.

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic