Re: "Psychic Dictatorship in America" -- and a forthcoming Ballard biography

  • analogitech
    Message 1 of 8 , May 3, 2009
      Sorry - by the "official Saint Germain history book", I mean:

      The History of the "I Am" Activity and Saint Germain Foundation: In the Ascended Masters' Words and the Recollections of Those Who Were There

      # Hardcover: 434 pages
      # Publisher: Saint Germain Press (January 2003)
      # Language: English
      # ISBN-10: 1878891995
      # ISBN-13: 978-1878891990

      Does anyone have a source for this?
    • christiankinnard
      Message 2 of 8 , May 3, 2009
        Hello

        I'd be interested in whether you have first hand experience with the I AM Activity or the Ballards.

        I'd also encourage you to talk directly with the older I AM students, such as Edie Broce, whose has emailed me some of her experiences with the Ballards.

        You could also get in touch with Bob DeVecchio, Las Vegas, who is a fountain of knowledge on the Ballards, and knows many of the older students.

        The original Bryan pamphlets are still around somewhere.....though I have never bothered to find them. My view is Bryan would have included the most compelling bits in his book.

        Cheers
        Christian

        > The 2000 Paolini reprint of Psychic Dictatorship is available for $47 at http://www.tomfolio.com/bookdetailsgg.asp?b=6943&m=518
        >
        > I'm writing a biography of three occult authors, specifically Ballard, Frederick Oliver and Baird Spalding, who are all related in one way or another. I have made some interesting discoveries about them.
        >
        > I have copies of the US v Ballard case that I can scan and email if anyone wants them.
        >
        > I'm interested in any other sources on Ballard or Spalding. Is there any evidence linking Spalding to Ballard beyond Bryan's statements that they spent time together in Chicago? Has anyone scanned Gerald Bryan's pamphlets?
        >
        > Is the official Saint Germain history book worth getting?
        >
        > Thanks!

      • analogitech
        Message 3 of 8 , May 3, 2009
          Christian

          I was exposed to a variety of philosophies including Theosophy, Lobsang Rampa, Spalding and others via my grandmother who was an ardent spiritualist. I don't remember my first exposure to I AM but it was around that time of impressionable teenage years. I grew up thinking they were all legitimate guru's for many years, even though didn't follow them per se and have had little or no interaction with the groups.

          Years later with the advent of the Internet I discovered that most of the authors my grandmother had treasured were stretching the truth, to put it mildly.

          I'll send you a private email to get contact info.

          Thanks

          --- In iamactivityexposed@yahoogroups.com, "christiankinnard" <iamactivityexposed@...> wrote:

          > Hello
          >
          > I'd be interested in whether you have first hand experience with the I AM Activity or the Ballards.
          >
          > I'd also encourage you to talk directly with the older I AM students, such as Edie Broce, whose has emailed me some of her experiences with the Ballards.
          >
          > You could also get in touch with Bob DeVecchio, Las Vegas, who is a fountain of knowledge on the Ballards, and knows many of the older students.
          >
          > The original Bryan pamphlets are still around somewhere.....though I have never bothered to find them. My view is Bryan would have included the most compelling bits in his book.
          >
          > Cheers
          > Christian
          >

          > > The 2000 Paolini reprint of Psychic Dictatorship is available for $47 at http://www.tomfolio.com/bookdetailsgg.asp?b=6943&m=518
          > >
          > > I'm writing a biography of three occult authors, specifically Ballard, Frederick Oliver and Baird Spalding, who are all related in one way or another. I have made some interesting discoveries about them.
          > >
          > > I have copies of the US v Ballard case that I can scan and email if anyone wants them.
          > >
          > > I'm interested in any other sources on Ballard or Spalding. Is there any evidence linking Spalding to Ballard beyond Bryan's statements that they spent time together in Chicago? Has anyone scanned Gerald Bryan's pamphlets?
          > >
          > > Is the official Saint Germain history book worth getting?
          > >
          > > Thanks!

        • chopinman88
          Message 4 of 8 , May 5, 2009
            --- In iamactivityexposed@yahoogroups.com, "christiankinnard" <iamactivityexposed@...> wrote:

            > Hello
            >
            > I'd be interested in whether you have first hand experience with the I AM Activity or the Ballards.
            >
            > I'd also encourage you to talk directly with the older I AM students, such as Edie Broce, whose has emailed me some of her experiences with the Ballards.
            >
            > You could also get in touch with Bob DeVecchio, Las Vegas, who is a fountain of knowledge on the Ballards, and knows many of the older students.
            >
            > The original Bryan pamphlets are still around somewhere.....though I have never bothered to find them. My view is Bryan would have included the most compelling bits in his book.
            >
            > Cheers
            > Christian
            >

            > > The 2000 Paolini reprint of Psychic Dictatorship is available for $47 at http://www.tomfolio.com/bookdetailsgg.asp?b=6943&m=518
            > >
            > > I'm writing a biography of three occult authors, specifically Ballard, Frederick Oliver and Baird Spalding, who are all related in one way or another. I have made some interesting discoveries about them.
            > >
            > > I have copies of the US v Ballard case that I can scan and email if anyone wants them.
            > >
            > > I'm interested in any other sources on Ballard or Spalding. Is there any evidence linking Spalding to Ballard beyond Bryan's statements that they spent time together in Chicago? Has anyone scanned Gerald Bryan's pamphlets?
            > >
            > > Is the official Saint Germain history book worth getting?
            > >
            > > Thanks!

            I did not have first hand experience with the I AM activity or the Ballards. I did know a woman, Alice Schutz (I do not know if the last name is correctly spelled), who started A.D.K. LUK publications. She was a student in the original I AM activity with Mr. Ballard, then she was part of the Bridge to Freedom activity, then she wrote some her own books. I do not know if you are familiar with the Bridge to Freedom activity or not.
            I do not know how she got her information. I think she completely bought into the nonsense that the Ballards were promoting.
            I personally lost 15 years of my life to this ridiculous religion. I had rejected this religion as a teenager. Then a health problem occurred in my early 30's. Because of bad luck and bad coincidences, I unfortunately slowly got into these I AM based religions. The religion has caused the Greatest of pain and suffering in my life. Especially the part of giving up on normal relationships with women, say marriage, and instead talking about twin rays while concentrating on your ascension. This electrical engineer, after all my hard work to get my college degree, will not be raising a family now, due to the time lost in this religion (or should we say "cult"). The religion has ruined my life.
            I am hoping to find others like me in this newsgroup like me to see how they are coping with the hardships this religion has produced in people's lives.
            Personally, I am an agnostic now as I do not know what to believe. I must stay away from this I AM religion though, as if it were a poisonous snake.
            Hope this helps.
          • salembible
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 10, 2009
              --- In iamactivityexposed@yahoogroups.com, "christiankinnard" <iamactivityexposed@...> wrote:
              > Cheers
              > Christian
              >

              >> > I have copies of the US v Ballard case that I can scan and email if anyone wants them.

              ++++ Please email a scaned copy of the US vs Ballard to SalemBible@...

              I have all the booklets and there are some different and interested items not found in the book - Regards