FW: ITPC "Understanding the Global Fund" Regional Training for young activists from South Asia and Asia Pacific
“Understanding the Global Fund” Regional Training for young activists from South Asia and Asia Pacific
The Youth Coalition for Sexual and Reproductive Rights is calling for applications from young advocates from the region of South Asia and Asia Pacific to participate in a training on the Global Fund to fight AIDS, TB and Malaria (GFATM).
The Global Fund is the main funder for HIV prevention efforts around the world, reaching almost all the developing countries with millions of dollars every year. The GFATM offers a unique opportunity for civil society to be involved in the decision making processes on the implementation of the grants in recipient countries. However, due to a lack of understanding of how the Global Fund operates, there is limited participation from civil society organizations led by young people or working for youth.
The main objective of this 3-day training is to provide 15 young activists (18-29 years old) with the knowledge and tools necessary to better understand and get involved in Global Fund mechanisms and structures at the national and international levels. The secretariat of the GFATM is a supporting partner of the training.
Where: Bangkok, Thailand
When: January 15-17, 2011
Who: The YC will give priority to applications from young people who:
· Fall between the ages of 18 – 29
· Are from countries from South Asia and Asia Pacific eligible for Global Fund (Bhutan, China, Mongolia, North Korea, Indonesia, Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Timor Leste, Papua New Guinea)
· Have experience in the area of sexual and reproductive health and rights, particularly HIV & AIDS
· Basic knowledge on Global Fund processes at local, national or international levels.
· Are affiliated with a youth organisation or an organisation working for young people.
· Have a working knowledge of English and can communicate proficiently in English with other training participants
· Able to commit to follow up efforts for a period of at least 6 months following the training-workshop.
Applications from young people living with HIV, young women, and other key-affected populations are strongly encouraged.
Notes: Full and partial scholarships will be awarded to selected participants depending on the need.
The cost of visas (transportation and visa fees) will be initially covered by the participant and will then be reimbursed during the training if required.
Please send the application form to events@... before November 12th, 2010 along with a recommendation letter from an organization or network that you are currently working with or have worked with in the past.
For more information about the Global Fund visit: www.youthcoalition.org/site08/html/index.php?id_art=195&id_cat=7
For more information on the Youth Coalition for Sexual and Reproductive Rights, visit www.youthcoalition.org
Senior Civil Society Officer (East Asia and The Pacific)
Civil Society and Private Sector Partnerships Team
The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria
Chemin de Blandonnet 8 | 1214 Vernier - Geneva, Switzerland
Tel: +41 58 791 1880 | Fax : +41 58 791 1701 | Mobile : +41 79 844 8161