FW: ITPC HIV Young Leaders Fund and Youth LEAD: Request for Proposals in Southeast Asia and the Pacific. [4 Attachments]

  • Sarah Henke
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 15, 2011

      From: internationaltreatmentpreparedness@yahoogroups.com [mailto:internationaltreatmentpreparedness@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Caitlin Chandler
      Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2011 5:36 PM
      To: internationaltreatmentpreparedness@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: ITPC HIV Young Leaders Fund and Youth LEAD: Request for Proposals in Southeast Asia and the Pacific. [4 Attachments]

      [Attachment(s) from Caitlin Chandler included below]

      HIV Young Leaders Fund, in collaboration with Youth LEAD, is happy to announce our Request for Proposals for youth-led initiatives working to address the needs of young people most-affected by HIV in Southeast Asia and the Pacific.

      Eligibility and Criteria

      Organizations in the following countries are eligible to apply: Cambodia, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam. Applicants must be youth-led initiatives coordinated and governed by young people aged 30 years or younger. We support the following priority areas: advocacy, peer-based services and community mobilization. Applicants can apply for up to $10,000 usd. For full guidelines and eligibility criteria, please see the attached Request for Proposals

      Language

      Applications may be submitted in: English, Indonesian, Khmer, Thai and Vietnamese. Non-English application materials will be available shortly - please contact GrantApplication@... to request a copy in another language or visit our website, www.hivyoungleadersfund.org.

      To Apply

      To apply, please fill out the attached Grant Application and Budget Template and submit to: GrantApplication@....

      The deadline for all applications is September 15, 2011 at 11 pm GMT.

      Grant Decisions

      Grant decisions will be made through a regional Community Review Panel (CRP) composed of young leaders with experience in youth HIV issues in the Southeast Asia and the Pacific region. Grantees will have access to mentorship and support from HYLF, Youth LEAD, and our partners.

      Please help us spread the word about this opportunity!

      Best wishes,

      The HYLF & Youth LEAD Teams

      ---

      HYLF’s work in Southeast Asia and the Pacific has been made possible by the generous support of ViiV Healthcare’s Positive Action programme and the United Nations Population Fund. HYLF’s mission is to enable new leadership in the HIV response among young people most-affected by HIV, including young people living with HIV. HYLF’s Steering Committee selected Southeast Asia and the Pacific as one of HYLF’s priority regions for 2011-2012. Youth LEAD is a network of young key affected populations in the Asia-Pacific region housed by Seven Sisters and is HYLF's regional partner.

      HYLF is project of Tides Center. The following organizations sit on HYLF's Steering Committee: Association of Positive Youth in Nigeria, Global Network of Sex Work Projects, Global Youth Coalition on HIV/AIDS, Global Network of People Living with HIV’s Y+ Programme, International Gay, Lesbian, Transgender and Queer Youth and Student Organisation, International Treatment Preparedness Coalition, Jamaica Youth Advocacy Network, World AIDS Campaign, Youth Coalition for Sexual and Reproductive Rights, Y-PEER, and Youth R.I.S.E.